The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 02-19-2006, 04:43 PM
Commoner

Has anyone found any photos from the World CEO Forum that was held in Dubai and in which Sheikh Maktoum Hasher Maktoum al Maktoum (he wouldn't have a nickname by any chance?:p ) was one of the speakers?

Old 02-19-2006, 05:43 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Driven
Has anyone found any photos from the World CEO Forum that was held in Dubai and in which Sheikh Maktoum Hasher Maktoum al Maktoum (he wouldn't have a nickname by any chance?:p ) was one of the speakers?
I can't find any photos of the event but here is the website if anyone is interested: http://www.worldceoforum.com/ (He goes by the nickname Hasher)

Old 02-20-2006, 02:19 PM
Courtier

New picture of Hasher from Today!:)

Pictures 1 & 2---L-R: His Highness Sheikh Maktoum Hasher Maktoum Al Maktoum (UAE) CEO A1 Grand Prix, meets Yang Xiao Du (CHN), the Mayor of Shanghai. His Highness Sheikh Maktoum Hasher Maktoum Al Maktoum meets the Mayor of Shanghai, Hotel Equatorial, Shanghai, China, February 2006. DIGITAL IMAGE

Pictures 3 & 4---His Highness Sheikh Maktoum Hasher Maktoum Al Maktoum (UAE) CEO A1 Grand Prix, speaks at a press conference. His Highness Sheikh Maktoum Hasher Maktoum Al Maktoum meets the Mayor of Shanghai, Hotel Equatorial, Shanghai, China, February 2006. DIGITAL IMAGE

Pictures from a1gp.com
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	dne0619fe03.jpg
Views:	173
Size:	68.9 KB
ID:	229077   Click image for larger version

Name:	dne0619fe04.jpg
Views:	209
Size:	80.2 KB
ID:	229078   Click image for larger version

Name:	dne0619fe02.jpg
Views:	152
Size:	46.0 KB
ID:	229079   Click image for larger version

Name:	dne0619fe01.jpg
Views:	141
Size:	56.9 KB
ID:	229080  

Old 02-25-2006, 10:15 PM
Courtier

Hasher at Dubai Open (Tennis)

From Yahoo photos
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	yutuytutu.jpg
Views:	227
Size:	21.6 KB
ID:	230170  
Attached Images

Old 03-14-2006, 07:49 AM
Commoner

Hasher isn't much of a nickname though

Anyway, apparently he had his birthday the past weekend!
Old 03-18-2006, 06:55 PM
Courtier

Pictures from a1gp.com
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	d06a1usa690.jpg
Views:	144
Size:	46.2 KB
ID:	233395   Click image for larger version

Name:	d06a1usa873.jpg
Views:	191
Size:	39.0 KB
ID:	233396  
Old 04-12-2006, 07:08 PM
Courtier

New Pictures:)

Pictures from algp.com
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	dep0602ap49.jpg
Views:	142
Size:	85.2 KB
ID:	237994   Click image for larger version

Name:	dep0602ap50.jpg
Views:	113
Size:	57.8 KB
ID:	237995   Click image for larger version

Name:	dep0602ap59.jpg
Views:	147
Size:	70.4 KB
ID:	237996   Click image for larger version

Name:	dep0602ap69.jpg
Views:	118
Size:	36.4 KB
ID:	237997  

Old 06-10-2006, 08:48 PM
Commoner

Maktoum bin Hasher article

Sheikh worth $6b doesn't seem to splash it about
By Michele Hewitson

Outside the hotel room of "the richest man you'll ever meet", as somebody said of His Highness Sheikh Maktoum Hasher Maktoum al Maktoum before we went to see him, is a bodyguard. But His Highness opens the door to his hotel suite himself. He is, apologetically, talking on his hands-free cellphone, but he gestures that we should, please, sit down. He has lovely manners.

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/author/sto...ectID=10354812
There is also a pic attached with the article...
Old 06-12-2006, 02:16 PM

any idea if he's engaged? or getting married soon??

is there anyway to contact him for an interview?
Old 06-13-2006, 01:23 PM
Commoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by heart
any idea if he's engaged? or getting married soon??

is there anyway to contact him for an interview?
he has a place on his website for the press to contact for interviews.
www.a1gp.com
Old 06-25-2006, 07:10 AM
Commoner

Has anyone seen the documentary 'Middle East's Richest People' on Discovery Channel - it has Sheikh Maktoum Hasher Maktoum Al Maktoum as one of the four rich Arabs they interview?
Old 06-26-2006, 12:13 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Has anyone seen the documentary 'Middle East's Richest People' on Discovery Channel - it has Sheikh Maktoum Hasher Maktoum Al Maktoum as one of the four rich Arabs they interview?
No (gosh darn it) but I want to. Have you seen it yourself? Also, do you know who else is featured on it? :)
Old 06-26-2006, 04:29 AM
Commoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatieLouise
No (gosh darn it) but I want to. Have you seen it yourself? Also, do you know who else is featured on it? :)
I wish I had! I've been looking for it everywhere but I can't find it.

The other people featured on it are Sheikh Hamad Al Nahyan of Abu Dhabi (car collector), Mohammed Ben Sulayem from Dubai (ex rally driver) and Sheikh Mohammed Bin Issa Al Jaber of Saudi Arabia.
Old 06-29-2006, 04:45 PM
Commoner

Quote:
I missed it. I wonder if they will replay it? How long ago was it shown?
Old 06-29-2006, 04:50 PM
Commoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by FranciscanFry
I missed it. I wonder if they will replay it? How long ago was it shown?
As far as I know it was last shown on June 18th but it has been aired before that, too. It's part of a series about rich people in Europe (guess this was a Middle East special then!) but I cannot find any information about the series anywhere either.
Old 06-30-2006, 11:52 AM
Commoner

Quote:
As far as I know it was last shown on June 18th but it has been aired before that, too. It's part of a series about rich people in Europe (guess this was a Middle East special then!) but I cannot find any information about the series anywhere either.
I contacted the discovery channel and asked them when it would be shown again. They told me that this show never aired and they have no record of it. that is so crazy because Ameinfo.com has two articles about the show. It also says that it was shown on June 12th and June 18th.
Just out of curiosity- are you in the US? They said that it could have been shown outside of the US.
Also, was it on the actual discovery channel or one of their sister programs like the Travel Channel, etc?
Anyway, it's a shame that they don't have info about it. would have liked to seen american television finally showing the middle east in a positive light.
Old 06-30-2006, 01:59 PM
Commoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by FranciscanFry
I contacted the discovery channel and asked them when it would be shown again. They told me that this show never aired and they have no record of it. that is so crazy because Ameinfo.com has two articles about the show. It also says that it was shown on June 12th and June 18th.
Just out of curiosity- are you in the US? They said that it could have been shown outside of the US.
Also, was it on the actual discovery channel or one of their sister programs like the Travel Channel, etc?
Anyway, it's a shame that they don't have info about it. would have liked to seen american television finally showing the middle east in a positive light.
I'm not in the US - I would think since the program focuses on Europeans it could be that it has only aired in Europe (and apparently the Middle East then too?). I know it has been shown in Poland, UK and Sweden, for example.

I'm pretty sure it aired on Discovery Channel and not one of their sister channels.

I was thinking about ordering Discovery Channel just for a month to see it but I cannot find any information whether they are going to broadcast it again. Maybe I should email them and ask :)
Old 09-29-2006, 06:06 PM
Nobility

#117 09-26-2006, 12:45 PM

you can see the video here.
Old 09-29-2006, 06:18 PM
Courtier

Maktoum sells stake in A1 GP

London: A1 Grand Prix founder and chairman Shaikh Maktoum Hasher Maktoum Al Maktoum of Dubai is selling his stake in the self-styled 'World Cup of Motorsport', organisers announced yesterday...

http://www.gulfnews.com/sport/Motor_.../10071168.html
Old 09-30-2006, 11:35 PM
Nobility

He's selling his share in it after only one year? After all that money and time and promotion... it seems like a bit of a waste.