The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Ruling Families of the United Arab Emirates > Ruling Family of Dubai

Join The Royal Forums Today
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
  #1  
Old 01-27-2014, 12:13 PM
dazzling's Avatar
Super Moderator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger
Picture of the Month Assistant Coordinator
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: -, France
Posts: 18,377
Sheikh Majid & Hessa Beljafla's engagement: January 2014

Sheikh Majid is engaged Hussa bint Baljaflah.She comes from a big family in Dubai. Not related to the ruling family.

The announcement was on instagram and on his forum.

Hussa is not a public figure though her sisters are. Her sister has a well know women's fashion line in the UAE, her name is Reem. Her sister Hind recently got married to Sheikh Majid Al Qassimi.
__________________

Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 01-27-2014, 12:45 PM
maharata's Avatar
Gentry
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Innsbruck, Austria
Posts: 80
Do you know when the wedding will take place?
__________________

__________________
Nothing is ever granted!
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 01-27-2014, 03:46 PM
Imanmajed's Avatar
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Posts: 1,289
Quote:
Originally Posted by dazzling View Post
Sheikh Majid is engaged Hussa bint Baljaflah.She comes from a big family in Dubai. Not related to the ruling family.

The announcement was on instagram and on his forum.

Hussa is not a public figure though her sisters are. Her sister has a well know women's fashion line in the UAE, her name is Reem. Her sister Hind recently got married to Sheikh Majid Al Qassimi.
Mashallah. Alf mabrouk! Congratulations to him and his fiancee. Perfect match I think! Very good news!
BTW: Her name should be Hussa bint Ali Beljafla.
__________________
ماجد (engl. translation: Majid)


Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 01-27-2014, 04:03 PM
Rossina's Avatar
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: *****, India
Posts: 4,284
Congratulations to Sheikh Majed & his bride
__________________
“God has given me many blessings. But the greatest of all is to be husband to Rania and father to our children Hussein, Iman, Salma and Hashem. They are the lights of my life”.
HM King Abdullah II
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 01-28-2014, 02:14 AM
dazzling's Avatar
Super Moderator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger
Picture of the Month Assistant Coordinator
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: -, France
Posts: 18,377
Quote:
Originally Posted by Imanmajed View Post
Mashallah. Alf mabrouk! Congratulations to him and his fiancee. Perfect match I think! Very good news!
BTW: Her name should be Hussa bint Ali Beljafla.
They are known according to the DAS founders website "Reem & Hind Beljafla" I guess they leave out their fathers name which is Ali and use their surnames/tribe name.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 01-28-2014, 03:40 AM
lucymae88's Avatar
Commoner
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Harlan, United States
Posts: 34
Was there a official announcement made?? I haven't heard or seen anything about Sheikh Majid been engaged.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 01-28-2014, 06:59 AM
Imanmajed's Avatar
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Posts: 1,289
Quote:
Originally Posted by lucymae88 View Post
Was there a official announcement made?? I haven't heard or seen anything about Sheikh Majid been engaged.
There was been no official announcement as far as I know. But dazzling wrote it was mentioned on instagram and on Shaikh Majid´s forum.
__________________
ماجد (engl. translation: Majid)


Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 01-28-2014, 09:16 AM
charlieprk's Avatar
Commoner
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Orlando, United States
Posts: 35
Can someone in Dubai clarify if Majid is married or engaged? My source in the UAE said that he married to Hessa Beljafla. Most of the people on Instagram are saying that he signed the marriage contract and there are even photos of this. However, other people are saying that he is engaged and many others are wondering why there was no official announcement made in the press. Can anyone clear up this confusion?
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 01-28-2014, 12:18 PM
Imanmajed's Avatar
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Posts: 1,289
Quote:
Originally Posted by charlieprk View Post
Can someone in Dubai clarify if Majid is married or engaged? My source in the UAE said that he married to Hessa Beljafla. Most of the people on Instagram are saying that he signed the marriage contract and there are even photos of this. However, other people are saying that he is engaged and many others are wondering why there was no official announcement made in the press. Can anyone clear up this confusion?
I think a melcha was made which includes signing a marriage contract. A melcha is more a privat matter and celebrated with family and close friends only. From the legal point of view with melcha the couple tie the knot. The phase of melcha can be seen as a kind of official phase of an engagement, because the marriage was concluded now but not consumed yet.The last step is to seal the marriage with wedding reception. In the case of Shaikh Majid it is more likely that the last step was not made yet.
__________________
ماجد (engl. translation: Majid)


Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 01-28-2014, 12:50 PM
xavi83's Avatar
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: amman, Jordan
Posts: 2,415
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...type=3&theater

maybe this
__________________
His Majesty King Hussein Bin Talal was my role model all my life, loved him so much, may God bless his soul, and paradise will be his final destination
His soul was too great to be contained by the camera's lens ,yet his images radiate his love for his family , his faith , his pride on his country and people the world over who shared his commitment to peace and his joy in life . Queen Noor
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 01-28-2014, 12:55 PM
charlieprk's Avatar
Commoner
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Orlando, United States
Posts: 35
Quote:
Originally Posted by Imanmajed View Post
I think a melcha was made which includes signing a marriage contract. A melcha is more a privat matter and celebrated with family and close friends only. From the legal point of view with a melcha a marriage was closed. The phase of melcha can be seen as a kind of official phase of an engagement, because the marriage was concluded now but not consumed yet.The last step is to seal the marriage with wedding reception. In the case of Shaikh Majid it is more likely that the last step was not made yet.
Thank you, Imanmajed!

I have never heard the word melcha before. Is that the same as what they call the Nikah? Also, would you mind telling me how to spell the melcha in Arabic writing? I am trying to learn Arabic & I am having trouble with some of the words that are native to the Gulf region.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 01-28-2014, 01:48 PM
lucymae88's Avatar
Commoner
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Harlan, United States
Posts: 34
I was told not to believe anything to a official announcement was made my UAE ruling family.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 01-28-2014, 01:59 PM
Imanmajed's Avatar
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Posts: 1,289
Quote:
Originally Posted by charlieprk View Post
Thank you, Imanmajed!

I have never heard the word melcha before. Is that the same as what they call the Nikah?
Yes, it is the same.
__________________
ماجد (engl. translation: Majid)


Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 01-28-2014, 02:26 PM
Commoner
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Ohio, United States
Posts: 10
Can you break a Melcha?? Is that what Sheikh Hamdan had with the girl he broke his engagement too??
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 01-28-2014, 02:27 PM
charlieprk's Avatar
Commoner
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Orlando, United States
Posts: 35
Quote:
Originally Posted by lucymae88 View Post
I was told not to believe anything to a official announcement was made my UAE ruling family.
The melcha is a private family affair and the ruling family would never make an official announcement about it. However, the marriage has been confirmed by posts on Sheikh Majid's forum, and by Instagram and Twitter posts by known friends and family members of the couple. Also, photos have been published of the event by Hessa's sister and a close friend of Sheikh Majid's.

Quote:
Originally Posted by belle87 View Post
Can you break a Melcha?? Is that what Sheikh Hamdan had with the girl he broke his engagement too??
Melcha = marriage. You would have to divorce to break it. As far as I know, Sheikh Hamdan was only engaged. I never heard any reports of him signing a marriage contract with Sheikha Sheikha.

Perhaps Majid learned from his brother and kept his engagement to Hessa a secret until they were sure that they would marry.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 01-28-2014, 02:53 PM
lucymae88's Avatar
Commoner
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Harlan, United States
Posts: 34
Thanks, I finally seen a picture of it. I was just confused cause I haven't seen anything on his official instagram and on other pages I looked on. I agree I think the ruling family decided to keep this a secret till they knew they was going sign a contract between the families. I think they learned from Hamdan's broken engagement.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 01-28-2014, 04:24 PM
Imanmajed's Avatar
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Posts: 1,289
as a complement to terms:

- khutooba (first sight or engagement)
- melcha (signing marriage contract)
- henna (special night celebreated by women)
- ers al reyayeel (men´s wedding reception)
- ers al hereem (women`s wedding reception)


Quote:
Originally Posted by charlieprk View Post
Perhaps Majid learned from his brother and kept his engagement to Hessa a secret until they were sure that they would marry.
It seems to be no longer a secret....

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucymae88 View Post
I agree I think the ruling family decided to keep this a secret till they knew they was going sign a contract between the families.
A marriage contract seems to been signed (see #364), but this is a very private matter and usually not anounced officially by the ruling family.
__________________
ماجد (engl. translation: Majid)


Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 01-29-2014, 04:52 AM
berber princess's Avatar
Gentry
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: ***, France
Posts: 51
So Sheikh Majid is getting married ? congratulations ! That's a very great and unexpected news !
Congratulations to both bride and groom

From my understanding, there's no marriage ceremony held yet ? just the religious one , right ?
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 01-29-2014, 04:58 AM
Imanmajed's Avatar
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Posts: 1,289
Quote:
Originally Posted by berber princess View Post
From my understanding, there's no marriage ceremony held yet ? just the religious one, right ?
Thats right. In UAE there is only religious one and is binding legally. A wedding reception may be held later.
__________________
ماجد (engl. translation: Majid)


Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 01-29-2014, 01:03 PM
Commoner
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: -.-, Aruba
Posts: 15
I've read this girl will not be the ofgicial wife. Could this be true?
__________________

__________________
Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
dubai royals, dubai sheikh, hussa, sheikh majid, sheikh majid's engagement


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off





Additional Links
Popular Tags
birth bourbon-parma charlene chris o'neill crown prince felipe crown prince frederik crown prince haakon crown princess letizia crown princess mary crown princess mette-marit crown princess victoria current events engagement fashion grand duchess maria teresa grand duke henri hohenzollern infanta elena infanta sofia jewellery jordan kate middleton king abdullah ii king carl xvi gustav king felipe king felipe vi king harald king juan carlos king philippe king willem-alexander luxembourg ottoman picture of the month pieter van vollenhoven pom prince albert prince albert ii prince carl philip prince constantijn prince felipe prince floris prince maurits prince pieter-christiaan princess aimee princess alexia (2005 -) princess anita princess ariane princess beatrix princess catharina-amalia princess charlene princess laurentien princess letizia princess mabel princess madeleine princess margriet princess mary princess of asturias queen anne-marie queen letizia queen mathilde queen maxima queen rania queen silvia queen sofia royal russia sofia hellqvist spain state visit wedding



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:41 PM.

Social Knowledge Networks

eXTReMe Tracker
Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2014
Jelsoft Enterprises

Royal News Delivered to your Email!

You can get the latest Royal News right in your inbox.

unsusbcribe at anytime with one click

Close [X]