Sheikh Majid & Hessa Beljafla's engagement: January 2014

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you for the pictures, I haven't seen them before.
I wonder why the Sheikh's father or brothers weren't present at the signing. I also wonder when the wedding will take place.

I wonder why the Sheikh's father or brothers weren't present at the signing.

Are you sure they weren´t present? Previously there were only two or three images of the event made publicly on which only Shaikh Majid is seen. But this does not automatically mean that his family (or a part thereof) was not present.

Rather, I wonder if the early appearance of images through social media was made ​​public really intended consciously by the families.

The other point I wonder: While the pictures show a Melcha in the presence of Shaikh Majid, however, it is not entirely clear by whom (the daughter of Ali Beljafla and ?????). It seems to be more likely Shaikh Majid is the groom but it may also be that he only had the honor of being best man (witness to a marriage). Should his family (or at least his father) not have been present for sure, then the last point could provide an explanation.

Last edited:
The other point I wonder: While the pictures show a Melcha in the presence of Shaikh Majid, however, it is not entirely clear by whom (the daughter of Ali Beljafla and ?????). It seems to be more likely Shaikh Majid is the groom but it may also be that he only had the honor of being best man (witness to a marriage). Should his family (or at least his father) not have been present for sure, then the last point could provide an explanation.

The pictures of Sheikh Majid were posted by someone who was either Sheikh Majid's friend or official photographer. I forgot which. But they were definitely released by Sh. Majid's camp. Hessa's family did not release pictures until after the photos of Sh. Majid were released. If Sh. Majid was just the best man then his friends would not be congratulating him on his wedding. :flowers:

The pictures of Sheikh Majid were posted by someone who was either Sheikh Majid's friend or official photographer. I forgot which. But they were definitely released by Sh. Majid's camp. Hessa's family did not release pictures until after the photos of Sh. Majid were released. If Sh. Majid was just the best man then his friends would not be congratulating him on his wedding. :flowers:

Just a thought of mine.....

As I said it is quite possible that there was been a melcha of Shaikh Majid and Ali Beljafla`s daughter Hessa, but currently not many credible sources available:

http://instagram.com/p/jytQ4hluEl/
http://instagram.com/p/jt-fDwluBR/
http://instagram.com/p/jt-WBAFuBD/

It is quite amazing that pictures available publicly - all without Shaikh Majid´s father or his brothers- at this early stage of marriage. Therefore a question remains: Where was Sheikh Majid's family? Maybe the lack of more public images created in us the impression his family was not present at this important step in life. We could be wrong....

Last edited:
Hessa sister suggests that the wedding has already celebrated... or not?

Instagram

:previous:An official announcement was not made currently!:previous:

The place seems to be too small for a proper wedding. Maybe the bride got a special party because of her melcha.

Last edited:
This is true. Maybe she is thanking in advance for the future wedding.

This is true. Maybe she is thanking in advance for the future wedding.

You seem to have a problem with conceptualities. A melcha is a legal marriage. But it marks not the start of a married life. The couple will start their life together after the wedding party of the women, which is named "ers al hereem" in UAE. Various traditions run along the process to tie the knot. So the melcha is only a part of a wedding process.

You seem to have a problem with conceptualities. A melcha is a legal marriage. But it marks not the start of a married life. The couple will start their life together after the wedding party of the women, which is named "ers al hereem" in UAE. Various traditions run along the process to tie the knot. So the melcha is only a part of a wedding process.

If i understand well the melcha is the legally binding act, but not the full and final. I have a question. How long after this melcha is the wedding finalised? Is it any obligation to wait a defined period? Could it be done the day after or a month later? Just to have an idea, thanks.

If i understand well the melcha is the legally binding act, but not the full and final.

:flowers: Thats right!

I have a question. How long after this melcha is the wedding finalised? Is it any obligation to wait a defined period? Could it be done the day after or a month later? Just to have an idea, thanks.

The wedding receptions, seperated in a party for men and a party for women, can take place days, weeks, months or years later. Often the wedding party for the groom will not held the same day as the party for the bride takes place. There is no defined period to wait between melcha and wedding receptions. But most families need time in preparation for the feasts which mark important days in life for the groom and the bride.

Last edited:
I think they are already married. :) You can check Hessa's sister instagram and she thanked people for preparing hessa's wedding.

reembeljafla Thank you for attending our special night .. You presents made it more special شكرا لتهانيكم و دعواتكم .. و شكرا بالأخص لمن شاركنا أحداث هذه الليله و نورها الله يسعد الجميع يا رب .. @absolute_events thank you for making a magical wedding for our bride HESSA
Read more at http://web.stagram.com/p/645623379857432832_42286463#4IzP5JpRmo57rkjI.9

Someone also asked a very close friend of Sheikha Futaim if Majid is married and she said yes.

majid mrm is already married to hessa? | ask.fm/Bintza3beel

Im so happy for them. May Allah bless their married life with lots of happiness and love :flowers:

:previous: Yes, he is married now! But he live not together with her at the moment. That will happen later! :previous:

Please read the explantations which were made in the previous posts.

Last edited:
The two pictures of Sheikh Majid signing something didn't come from his camp is what I was told. The one Beljafla sister is the one posting all the pictures on instagram. I have been wondering to why none of his family seems to be in any pictures. How old is Hessa by the way??

i think hessa is in her early 20s like 24 or something I remember her sister mentioning it on instagram

i think hessa is in her early 20s like 24 or something I remember her sister mentioning it on instagram

The one sister that's posting all the pictures on instagram was born in 92 and I think Hessa is younger then her and the other sister.

no reem and hind are in their late 20's hessa I believe graduated from college in a degree that im not sure on it was on hind beljafla's ask.fm

On hind beljafla's ask.fm, She told someone that she was born in 92 when they asked her. So that would make her least 21. :)

I do not know the exact age of Hessa and her sisters. The estimated age: Hind is likely to be mid-twenties and Reem is already a mother and in her late twenties. Hessa is likely to be in her early twenties.

I think they are already married. :) You can check Hessa's sister instagram and she thanked people for preparing hessa's wedding...
I second this. Reem is not crazy to write 'wedding' if it has not been the case. Anyway, these people are very discrete about weddings, they would have never posted so many pictures if it has not been the case particularly if their sis is getting married to a mak.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reem is not crazy to write 'wedding' if it has not been the case. Anyway, these people are very discrete about weddings, they would have never posted so many pictures if it has not been the case particularly if their sis is getting married to a mak.

First: It's surprising that she did before the complete process of marriage was finished and a public announcement by the ruling family of Dubai was made.

Second: There is an problem of understanding about Emirati traditions present, the solemnization of a marriage, which dominates the discussion here. Although different declaration was presented in the thread on several times but some participants seem to ignore previously posts or avoid accurate reading.

Last edited:
I agree with you on the first. However, when I stressed on the 'wedding' part in my previous post, I meant that they are not engaged as fiancés like in the west but are officially husband and wife (even if they have not moved together yet).

However, when I stressed on the 'wedding' part in my previous post, I meant that they are not engaged as fiancés like in the west but are officially husband and wife (even if they have not moved together yet).

Thats right! I agree! :flowers:

Shaikh Majid on Saturday has posted a picture of his wife Hessa on instagram as she was a child. A perfect match I think.

Not sure, if it would be nice to adjust the link of the picture here because she eschews attention and is not a public figure. For those who want to see ​​should have a look on Shaikh Majid`s instagram or can request on my PM for getting the link.

I seen the picture that's why I was asking has the marriage been consumed yet?? So we'll probably never see her in public or pictures of her like Sheikh Mohammed's first wife Hind?? I wonder if later on he'll take a second wife that will be public like Princess Haya??

I seen the picture that's why I was asking has the marriage been consumed yet?? So we'll probably never see her in public or pictures of her like Sheikh Mohammed's first wife Hind?? I wonder if later on he'll take a second wife that will be public like Princess Haya??

A official announcement was not made yet. Therefore its not very likely that they have consumed marriage. Personally I think he will not take a second wife in the next years. Shaikh Majid belongs to a younger generation of Shaikhs. Many things can change over time. Maybe later we'll see Hessa in a broader public in contrast to Shaikha Hind or Shaikha Umm Majid. But in every sense its too early to think about a second marriage.

Last edited:
Hessa majid's wife she's an emiratie and she's a member of al maktoum family ??

Hessa majid's wife she's an emiratie and she's a member of al maktoum family ??

Hessa bint Ali Beljafla is an Emarati and from a non-ruling family. Her family and the family of al Maktoum are not related.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom