The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Ruling Families of the United Arab Emirates > Ruling Family of Dubai

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
  #101  
Old 06-19-2014, 01:32 PM
Imanmajed's Avatar
Royal Highness
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Posts: 1,748
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fatima.Qureshi View Post
Iman, you mean to say Sheikh Majid married without the consent of his family? And does this also mean that the girl has taken Al-widah from her parents' house? I mean after nikah the girl leaves home finally. It was said earlier that it was just a nikah and not al-widah ceremony. I hope you get my point.
I think I get your point. There was a small wedding party held by the bride´s family after signing marriage contract (=nikah, called melcha in UAE) without mention in the press later. It can be seen as a farewell (al-widah) or wedding reception for the bride. No one of his family attended the wedding ceremony. After his wedding he was deposed from his public duties. A reason for that was never mentioned and its not clear if this was done because of his marriage. But now it seems to be likely. With the signing of a wedding contract a marriage is legal and can be consumed if there will be no other traditions or protocol to follow.
__________________

__________________
ماجد (engl. translation: Majid)


  #102  
Old 06-19-2014, 02:13 PM
Imanmajed's Avatar
Royal Highness
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Posts: 1,748
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fatima.Qureshi View Post
Yes I know nikah (milcha) is followed by الوداع ceremony and marriage can be consummated after nikah, but Beljafla Al Muhairi family is a renowned and well respected family then why Sheikh Majid was disposed from duties. Is it normal for a girl's family to give her hand in marriage into a family that doesn't recognize/ congratulate couple. A lot if Sheikhs have married non sheikhas then why the rage over this man.
Indeed this fact was very surprisingly. You are right, the family of Beljafla is a non-ruling but well respected family in UAE. Why the rage over him: First, we know of no reasons, nor the exact circumstances. His deposing of official duties may occured because of his own wish being no longer responsible. From a traditional point of view it is unusual to marry off a daughter to a man who´s family not approved the marriage fully. Its also unusual in UAE to act against the will of own family and marry without their consent first time. This might be also a reason which could be possible for his lost of official duties. But in general for a Shaikh it is not forbidden or outside of protocol to marry a non-Shaikha.
__________________

__________________
ماجد (engl. translation: Majid)


  #103  
Old 06-19-2014, 02:20 PM
Rossina's Avatar
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: *****, India
Posts: 5,420
Is it possible for sheikhs to marry without the approval of family?? What about Hussa's title??
__________________
"All what we hope for is that a day will come, when we have all gone, when people will say that this man has tried, and his family tried. This is all there is to seek in this world."
HM King Hussein I of Jordan
  #104  
Old 06-19-2014, 02:32 PM
Imanmajed's Avatar
Royal Highness
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Posts: 1,748
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rossina View Post
Is it possible for sheikhs to marry without the approval of family?? What about Hussa's title??
Yes, its possible to do so. If a Shaikh is grown up he can make decision of his own. But according to the traditions in UAE its unusual to marry without family`s approval, especially first time. It may be different with a second, third....marriage. Hessa should keep the title Shaikha.
__________________
ماجد (engl. translation: Majid)


  #105  
Old 06-19-2014, 03:32 PM
Newbie
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Abu dhabi, United Arab Emirates
Posts: 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Imanmajed View Post
You are welcome! We look forward to your future posts. By the way:
I will just comment if there's something new about Ms. Hessa. I'm surprise to know that her wedding with the Sheikh was not approved. I hope it's not true. With Ms. Hessa's beautiful personality, i may say that she's more than a princess.
  #106  
Old 06-19-2014, 03:37 PM
Imanmajed's Avatar
Royal Highness
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Posts: 1,748
Quote:
Originally Posted by SalamanotSalama View Post
I will just comment if there's something new about Ms. Hessa. I'm surprise to know that her wedding with the Sheikh was not approved. I hope it's not true. With Ms. Hessa's beautiful personality, i may say that she's more than a princess.
Because of the non-attendance of his family it's more than clear that the marriage was not approved by them at that time. Maybe this fact might be changed over the years. If its allowed to say: Notwithstanding they are a perfect match! He would not find better!
__________________
ماجد (engl. translation: Majid)


  #107  
Old 06-19-2014, 03:54 PM
Rossina's Avatar
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: *****, India
Posts: 5,420
Totally agree with you!!
I'm surprised!! how Hussa's family accepted this marriage without groom's family spproval. As per Arab traditions the groom family should ask for the bride's hand specially in first marriage. Usually in the Gulf brides are first chosen by grooms mothers or sisters ..then men arrange the official proposal.
__________________
"All what we hope for is that a day will come, when we have all gone, when people will say that this man has tried, and his family tried. This is all there is to seek in this world."
HM King Hussein I of Jordan
  #108  
Old 06-19-2014, 04:07 PM
Imanmajed's Avatar
Royal Highness
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Posts: 1,748
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rossina View Post
Totally agree with you!!
I'm surprised!! how Hussa's family accepted this marriage without groom's family spproval.
No idea how the family of the bride could accept it! Maybe there was a secret agreement by mother's side of Shaikh Majid at least. Also it seems that he is truely in love with her.
__________________
ماجد (engl. translation: Majid)


  #109  
Old 06-19-2014, 06:15 PM
lucymae88's Avatar
Aristocracy
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: N/A, United States
Posts: 216
Quote:
Originally Posted by Imanmajed View Post
No idea how the family of the bride could accept it! Maybe there was a secret agreement by mother's side of Shaikh Majid at least. Also it seems that he is truely in love with her.
I had heard too that his family did not approve of the marriage at all, but didn't want to post anything yet. For his family to not have approved of the marriage then it had to been a very good reason. Definitely not the greatest way to start a marriage. The Beljafla family has enjoyed the fame and attention a little too much if you ask me and people have made comments about it too. He may love her now, but could regret later on going against his family.
  #110  
Old 06-19-2014, 06:24 PM
Imanmajed's Avatar
Royal Highness
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Posts: 1,748
Quote:
Originally Posted by lucymae88 View Post
.....For his family to not have approved of the marriage then it had to been a very good reason. Definitely not the greatest way to start a marriage. The Beljafla family has enjoyed the fame and attention a little too much if you ask me and people have made comments about it too. He may love her now, but could regret later on going against his family.
Especially the publicizing of this marriage by the bride`s family via Internet was certainly not regarded favorably by many under these circumstances. Nevertheless we should want the best for the couple.
__________________
ماجد (engl. translation: Majid)


  #111  
Old 06-19-2014, 06:49 PM
Commoner
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Ohio, United States
Posts: 10
I agree with Lucymae88 def not the greatest way to start a marriage and going against his father's wishes. I wonder if he'll take a second wife later that his family approves of??
  #112  
Old 06-20-2014, 01:31 AM
Rossina's Avatar
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: *****, India
Posts: 5,420
Since this marriage was/ is against the wishes of Majid's family, It wont pass without punishment or at least losses incurred by him & his bride's family. Sheikh Majid is not an ordinary Al Maktoum member. He is the son of Sheikh Mohamad , head of the family, ruler of Dubai & UAE VP.
__________________
"All what we hope for is that a day will come, when we have all gone, when people will say that this man has tried, and his family tried. This is all there is to seek in this world."
HM King Hussein I of Jordan
  #113  
Old 06-20-2014, 04:39 AM
Imanmajed's Avatar
Royal Highness
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Posts: 1,748
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rossina View Post
Since this marriage was/ is against the wishes of Majid's family, It wont pass without punishment or at least losses incurred by him & his bride's family. Sheikh Majid is not an ordinary Al Maktoum member. He is the son of Sheikh Mohamad , head of the family, ruler of Dubai & UAE VP.
Well, after marriage he was deposed of his official duties. This does not constitute a punishment automatically. It may also be that this was done at his request. The actual reasons were not disclosed to the public.
__________________
ماجد (engl. translation: Majid)


  #114  
Old 06-21-2014, 05:21 AM
Gentry
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Montreal, Canada
Posts: 57
Quote:
Originally Posted by Imanmajed View Post
Well, after marriage he was deposed of his official duties. This does not constitute a punishment automatically. It may also be that this was done at his request. The actual reasons were not disclosed to the public.

Shaikh Majid is courageous and a man with real Arab values. He should be respected for this and the genuine love he shows to his bride. Many congratulations to him. He certainly does not want fame but just a decent family life, isn't that wonderful?
  #115  
Old 06-21-2014, 05:26 AM
Gentry
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Montreal, Canada
Posts: 57
Quote:
Originally Posted by belle87 View Post
I agree with Lucymae88 def not the greatest way to start a marriage and going against his father's wishes. I wonder if he'll take a second wife later that his family approves of??

This would be a test for love to his first and probably only wife. I doubt if he ever get a second wife unless he divorces. He is just different.
  #116  
Old 06-21-2014, 05:28 AM
Gentry
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Montreal, Canada
Posts: 57
Quote:
Originally Posted by Imanmajed View Post
Well, after marriage he was deposed of his official duties. This does not constitute a punishment automatically. It may also be that this was done at his request. The actual reasons were not disclosed to the public.

You are probably right. I also believe he stepped down at least for now. He may come back to public life when the dust settles. He knows what he is doing and that is good.
  #117  
Old 06-21-2014, 12:19 PM
Gentry
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Jeddah, Saudi Arabia
Posts: 68
I am dead sure, there must be a solid reason for the family not wanting Hessah, since there's apparently no problem with the girl's looks, education, moral values, family background, etc. Hind Beljafla, too, got married into the ruling family of Sharjah without chaos and it was a love match too, by the way. The reason is something far different than what we might think of. There are many sheikhs who have married non-nationals, non-muslims (converted later), girls from low income backgrounds, something that clearly indicates the Al-Makoum family has a strong reason!
  #118  
Old 06-21-2014, 08:15 PM
lucymae88's Avatar
Aristocracy
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: N/A, United States
Posts: 216
I heard his duties were taken away from him, plus he wasn't at the Royal Ascot with his family and his always there with his father and brothers. I agree with Fatima. Qureshi there is a good strong reason the ruling family didn't want this marriage.
  #119  
Old 06-21-2014, 08:47 PM
Al_bina's Avatar
Majesty
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: City, Kazakhstan
Posts: 7,033
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingwithoutacastle View Post
This would be a test for love to his first and probably only wife. I doubt if he ever get a second wife unless he divorces. He is just different.
Sheikh Majid is a rare man in that part of the world. Ms Hessa Beljafla must be really special woman. He went against his family because of her.
__________________
"I never did mind about the little things"
Amanda, "Point of No Return"
  #120  
Old 06-21-2014, 09:03 PM
Commoner
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Ohio, United States
Posts: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingwithoutacastle View Post
This would be a test for love to his first and probably only wife. I doubt if he ever get a second wife unless he divorces. He is just different.
Sheikh Majid does enjoy the attention he gets as one of the Al Maktoum, not as much as his brother Hamdan. But he does!! His very much his father's son, we just don't know yet if he will or won't take a other bride in the future. I think he should of listened to his family, his family had good solid reasons not wanting this marriage.
__________________

Closed Thread

Tags
dubai royals, dubai shaikhs, dubai sheikh, hessa beljafla, hussa, marriage, ruling family of dubai, shaikh majid, sheikh majid, sheikh majid's engagement


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off





Popular Tags
ascot 2016 belgian queen mathilde best gown best gown september 2016 best hat best holiday outfit best outfit catherine middleton style child coup d'etat crown prince haakon crown princess mary crown princess mary fashion crown princess mette-marit current events duchess of cambridge duchess of cambridge visit to canada dutch state visit e-mail fashion poll grand duke jean greece kate middleton king abdullah ii king felipe king felipe vi king willem-alexander member introduction monarchy new zealand nobel gala norway november 2016 october 2016 october november 2016 opening of parliament picture of the week prince bernhard prince charles princess marie princess mary princess mary daytime fashion princess mary fashion princess mary hats queen letizia queen letizia casual outfits queen letizia daytime fashion queen letizia fashion queen letizia style queen mathilde queen mathildes outfits queen maxima queen maxima casual wear queen maxima daytime fashion queen maxima fashion queen maxima hats queen maxima style queen rania royal fashion september 2016 silva state visit state visit to denmark succession sweden the duchess of cambridge the duchess of cambridge casual wear the duchess of cambridge daytime fashion the duchess of cambridge fashion the duchess of cambridge hats


Our Communities

Our communities encompass many different hobbies and interests, but each one is built on friendly, intelligent membership.

» More about our Communities

Automotive Communities

Our Automotive communities encompass many different makes and models. From U.S. domestics to European Saloons.

» More about our Automotive Communities

Marine Communities

Our Marine websites focus on Cruising and Sailing Vessels, including forums and the largest cruising Wiki project on the web today.

» More about our Marine Communities


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:34 PM.

Social Knowledge Networks

eXTReMe Tracker
Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2016
Jelsoft Enterprises