Sheikh Majid & Hessa Beljafla's engagement: January 2014

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Apparently the signing and the reception was held within few hours apart.

For myself I am a fan of small, non-swanky weddings and welcome the lesser showy way. But I expected a small note of his wedding in the news at least. Especially because it was made publicly later by both, party of the bride and then also by Shaikh Majid via internet. The party held by the family of the bride after signing marriage contract in January was not an 'official' wedding reception nor his family attended the celebration. This was very uncommon.

Well, it would be time to rename the thread (engagement and wedding of....) or/and create a new one (Shaikh Majid and family). ;)

Last edited:
Shaikh Majid bin Mohammed al Maktoum and family current events

:previous:

27th January 2014

Marriage of

HH Shaikh Majid (16/10/1987) and Hessa bint Ali Beljafla (21/8/1991)

:previous:

Apparently all wedding components are already finished in the marriage process between Shaikh Majid and his first wife Hessa bint Ali Beljafla. So it seems to be official. May their marriage are blessed with never ending happiness, a long wedded life and wonderful kids. Happy posting!

Last edited:
For myself I am a fan of small, non-swanky weddings and I welcome the lesser showy way. But I expected a small note of his wedding in the news at least. Especially because it was made public later by both, part of the bride and then by Shaikh Majid via internet.

Well, it would be time to rename the thread (engagement, marriage and wedding of....) or/and create a new one (Shaikh Majid and family ;)).​

I don't think the reception has taken place. Something would have been posted on instagram or they would have been a official conformation and I know the ruling families of the gulf don't make announcements on marriages, but I'd believe they would have made a small one that it is official. I just got home from the UAE and I didn't hear nothing about it being consumed yet.

I don't think the reception has taken place. Something would have been posted on instagram or they would have been a official conformation and I know the ruling families of the gulf don't make announcements on marriages, but I'd believe they would have made a small one that it is official. I just got home from the UAE and I didn't hear nothing about it being consumed yet.

Indeed it is surprising in some respects but according to dazzling it seems to be true.....

Last edited:

Apparently the wedding to Hussa was not approved by his family, that was why none of his family was in attendance nor there was a big celebration. Pictures posted by the brides sister of the Sheikh and the small wedding party is more than enough for a wedding confirmation I would say.

Apparently the wedding to Hussa was not approved by his family, that was why none of his family was in attendance nor there was a big celebration.

Then what I've heard is true. Previously I thought that these were just rumors. Anyway: For them a long, blessed and happy wedded life!

Last edited:
Iman, you mean to say Sheikh Majid married without the consent of his family? And does this also mean that the girl has taken Al-widah from her parents' house? I mean after nikah the girl leaves home finally. It was said earlier that it was just a nikah and not al-widah ceremony. I hope you get my point.

I think I get your point. There was a small wedding party held by the bride´s family after signing marriage contract (=nikah, called melcha in UAE) without mention in the press later. It can be seen as a farewell (al-widah) or wedding reception for the bride. No one of his family attended the wedding ceremony. After his wedding he was deposed from his public duties. A reason for that was never mentioned and its not clear if this was done because of his marriage. But now it seems to be likely. With the signing of a wedding contract a marriage is legal and can be consumed if there will be no other traditions or protocol to follow.

Last edited:
Yes I know nikah (milcha) is followed by الوداع ceremony and marriage can be consummated after nikah, but Beljafla Al Muhairi family is a renowned and well respected family then why Sheikh Majid was disposed from duties. Is it normal for a girl's family to give her hand in marriage into a family that doesn't recognize/ congratulate couple. A lot if Sheikhs have married non sheikhas then why the rage over this man.

Indeed this fact was very surprisingly. You are right, the family of Beljafla is a non-ruling but well respected family in UAE. Why the rage over him: First, we know of no reasons, nor the exact circumstances. His deposing of official duties may occured because of his own wish being no longer responsible. From a traditional point of view it is unusual to marry off a daughter to a man who´s family not approved the marriage fully. Its also unusual in UAE to act against the will of own family and marry without their consent first time. This might be also a reason which could be possible for his lost of official duties. But in general for a Shaikh it is not forbidden or outside of protocol to marry a non-Shaikha.

Last edited:
Is it possible for sheikhs to marry without the approval of family?? What about Hussa's title??

Is it possible for sheikhs to marry without the approval of family?? What about Hussa's title??

Yes, its possible to do so. If a Shaikh is grown up he can make decision of his own. But according to the traditions in UAE its unusual to marry without family`s approval, especially first time. It may be different with a second, third....marriage. Hessa should keep the title Shaikha.

Last edited:
You are welcome! :flowers: We look forward to your future posts. By the way: :welcome:
I will just comment if there's something new about Ms. Hessa. I'm surprise to know that her wedding with the Sheikh was not approved. I hope it's not true. With Ms. Hessa's beautiful personality, i may say that she's more than a princess.:)

I will just comment if there's something new about Ms. Hessa. I'm surprise to know that her wedding with the Sheikh was not approved. I hope it's not true. With Ms. Hessa's beautiful personality, i may say that she's more than a princess.:)

Because of the non-attendance of his family it's more than clear that the marriage was not approved by them at that time. Maybe this fact might be changed over the years. If its allowed to say: Notwithstanding they are a perfect match! He would not find better! :flowers:

Last edited:
:previous: Totally agree with you!!
I'm surprised!! how Hussa's family accepted this marriage without groom's family spproval. As per Arab traditions the groom family should ask for the bride's hand specially in first marriage. Usually in the Gulf brides are first chosen by grooms mothers or sisters ..then men arrange the official proposal.

Last edited:
:previous: Totally agree with you!!
I'm surprised!! how Hussa's family accepted this marriage without groom's family spproval.

No idea how the family of the bride could accept it! Maybe there was a secret agreement by mother's side of Shaikh Majid at least. Also it seems that he is truely in love with her.

Last edited:
No idea how the family of the bride could accept it! Maybe there was a secret agreement by mother's side of Shaikh Majid at least. Also it seems that he is truely in love with her.

I had heard too that his family did not approve of the marriage at all, but didn't want to post anything yet. For his family to not have approved of the marriage then it had to been a very good reason. Definitely not the greatest way to start a marriage. The Beljafla family has enjoyed the fame and attention a little too much if you ask me and people have made comments about it too. He may love her now, but could regret later on going against his family.

.....For his family to not have approved of the marriage then it had to been a very good reason. Definitely not the greatest way to start a marriage. The Beljafla family has enjoyed the fame and attention a little too much if you ask me and people have made comments about it too. He may love her now, but could regret later on going against his family.

Especially the publicizing of this marriage by the bride`s family via Internet was certainly not regarded favorably by many under these circumstances. Nevertheless we should want the best for the couple.

Last edited:
I agree with Lucymae88 def not the greatest way to start a marriage and going against his father's wishes. I wonder if he'll take a second wife later that his family approves of??

Since this marriage was/ is against the wishes of Majid's family, It wont pass without punishment or at least losses incurred by him & his bride's family. Sheikh Majid is not an ordinary Al Maktoum member. He is the son of Sheikh Mohamad , head of the family, ruler of Dubai & UAE VP.

Last edited:
Since this marriage was/ is against the wishes of Majid's family, It wont pass without punishment or at least losses incurred by him & his bride's family. Sheikh Majid is not an ordinary Al Maktoum member. He is the son of Sheikh Mohamad , head of the family, ruler of Dubai & UAE VP.

Well, after marriage he was deposed of his official duties. This does not constitute a punishment automatically. It may also be that this was done at his request. The actual reasons were not disclosed to the public.

Last edited:
Well, after marriage he was deposed of his official duties. This does not constitute a punishment automatically. It may also be that this was done at his request. The actual reasons were not disclosed to the public.

Shaikh Majid is courageous and a man with real Arab values. He should be respected for this and the genuine love he shows to his bride. Many congratulations to him. He certainly does not want fame but just a decent family life, isn't that wonderful?

I agree with Lucymae88 def not the greatest way to start a marriage and going against his father's wishes. I wonder if he'll take a second wife later that his family approves of??

This would be a test for love to his first and probably only wife. I doubt if he ever get a second wife unless he divorces. He is just different.

You are probably right. I also believe he stepped down at least for now. He may come back to public life when the dust settles. He knows what he is doing and that is good.

I am dead sure, there must be a solid reason for the family not wanting Hessah, since there's apparently no problem with the girl's looks, education, moral values, family background, etc. Hind Beljafla, too, got married into the ruling family of Sharjah without chaos and it was a love match too, by the way. The reason is something far different than what we might think of. There are many sheikhs who have married non-nationals, non-muslims (converted later), girls from low income backgrounds, something that clearly indicates the Al-Makoum family has a strong reason!

Last edited:
I heard his duties were taken away from him, plus he wasn't at the Royal Ascot with his family and his always there with his father and brothers. I agree with Fatima. Qureshi there is a good strong reason the ruling family didn't want this marriage.

This would be a test for love to his first and probably only wife. I doubt if he ever get a second wife unless he divorces. He is just different.
Sheikh Majid is a rare man in that part of the world. Ms Hessa Beljafla must be really special woman. He went against his family because of her.

Last edited:

Sheikh Majid does enjoy the attention he gets as one of the Al Maktoum, not as much as his brother Hamdan. But he does!! His very much his father's son, we just don't know yet if he will or won't take a other bride in the future. I think he should of listened to his family, his family had good solid reasons not wanting this marriage. :flowers:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom