The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 08-09-2017, 07:23 PM
Commoner

Hi I was just wondering the Customs for weddings in the UAE I always thought that the man's father had to her father permission for his son the marry then papers contract is signed then the couple would spend time to together at her parents home visting or talking on the phone then a date would be set the bride have something about 40 days pamering before the wedding then a party for her henna and the bride wears red or yellow or green and that at a certain part of the evening the groom along side male members of his family attended the party and sitting with his bride and thier parents while the men dance with long canes

Old 08-09-2017, 07:31 PM
Commoner

I think i may be very wrong but is it true that bride's father not at the wedding normally abroad for the wedding I'm not such what is traditional or non traditional

Old 08-09-2017, 07:58 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ainee View Post
H... [snipped]
on right side of Sh. Hamdan , saeed bin thani reciting prayers, shoulder to shoulder, Does this means that Sheikh hamdan is very close to him and getting married to his daughter Sheikha bint saeed.

Does this means couple is very close and getting married, Because i first time spotted Hamdan and saeed bin thani so close to each other, Can it be a message to public about hamdan engagemnet to sheikha is still in existance????
Could Sheikh Mohammed just invite Sheikh Saeed Bin Thani Al Makhtoum to recite prayers? Everything and anything about Crown Prince Hamdan's private life tend to be a guessing game.
Old 08-10-2017, 09:26 AM
Commoner

I also heard it from people around that soon after cancellation of engagemnet of sheikha bint saeed with SH.Hamdan which happened in 2010, Sheikha got married to someone else next year after her engagement called off, also that sheikha bint saeed is married to someone for many plus having a few kids.... I heard it from many people.
Old 08-10-2017, 09:31 AM
Commoner

yes that could be possible because thani bin saeed is uncle of Hamdan also he is married to his maternal aunt Hessa bint maktoum. The cancellation of engagement in 2010 might have happened without any dispute, so the family meets atleas
t on eid prayers.
Old 08-10-2017, 09:34 AM
Commoner

But I also heard it from arabic people that its very unusal that engagement lasts for like 10years.. couple soon marry after six month of engagement maximum in arabs. ALso in other muslim countries....In Hamdan case its very strange if He and sheikha still engaged for 9 years and more. They are getting elder, not young..
Old 08-10-2017, 09:38 AM
Commoner

Quoted by Imanmajed

"Indeed, but nevertheless Shaikh Hamdan's engagement in 2008 with his cousin was reportedly cancelled 2010".

did you get this information from an authentic source, I mean from royal family members or from his sisters or cousins, etc..
Old 08-10-2017, 12:01 PM
Majesty

Most of news about personal lives of UAE royalty starts with "I heard ...". Several TRF members from UAE provide or confirm or clarify certain news about the reigning families of the Emirates. Imanmajid is one of the these members.
Old 08-10-2017, 12:57 PM
Commoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Al_bina View Post

Most of news about personal lives of UAE royalty starts with "I heard ...". Several TRF members from UAE provide or confirm or clarify certain news about the reigning families of the Emirates. Imanmajid is one of the these members.
Yes indeed he always seems to know everything about this topic
Old 08-11-2017, 09:32 AM
Commoner

Quoted by Imanmajed

[QUOTE] "Indeed, but nevertheless Shaikh Hamdan's engagement in 2008 with his cousin was reportedly cancelled 2010".

Is it compulsary that Sheikh hamdan has to marry in family for first wife.. SO that his wife can become the first lady of Dubai or dubai crown princess?
Old 08-11-2017, 02:03 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:

Is it compulsary that Sheikh hamdan has to marry in family for first wife.. SO that his wife can become the first lady of Dubai or dubai crown princess?
No, it isnt compulsory that a Shaikh has to marry in family first. There is no prescribed regulation for that. Also in UAE we dont use the title crown princess.
Old 08-11-2017, 02:08 PM
Commoner

QUOTE=Imanmajed;

"'No, it isnt compulsory that a Shaikh has to marry in family first. Also in UAE we dont use the title crown princess.

But the first lady has to be an emarati, or sheikh hamdan first wife has to be an emarati?
Old 08-11-2017, 02:15 PM
Commoner

question to imanmajed :

Is sheikh hmadan still engaged to sheikha bint saeed bin thani? Her father saeed bin thani accompnay sheikh hamdan on every eid prayers, plus on some other visits, does this mean that the two families undergoing a reunion of engagement?.
Saeed bin thani was standing just next to hamdan on right side on this eid ul fitar happened in june 2017. Is hamdan accepting his daughter?? thats why the two came to stand close??
Old 08-11-2017, 02:19 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:

But the first lady has to be an emarati, or sheikh hamdan first wife has to be an emarati?
The same: it isnt compulsory that his first wife has to be Emarati. But there are certain expectations UAE citizens may have.
Old 08-11-2017, 02:27 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
question to imanmajed :

Is sheikh hmadan still engaged to sheikha bint saeed bin thani? Her father saeed bin thani accompnay sheikh hamdan on every eid prayers, plus on some other visits, does this mean that the two families undergoing a reunion of engagement?.
Saeed bin thani was standing just next to hamdan on right side on this eid ul fitar happened in june 2017. Is hamdan accepting his daughter?? thats why the two came to stand close??
No, he isnt still engaged to the daughter of Shaikh Saeed bin Thani bin Juma Al Maktoum.
Old 08-12-2017, 09:02 AM
Commoner

[QUOTE=Imanmajed;]
"'No, he isnt still engaged to the daughter of Shaikh Saeed bin Thani bin Juma Al Maktoum''.

I also heard that sheikha bint saeed al thani got married to someone else soon with in a year or so after the cancelation of her engaged with sheikh hamdan in 2010. And by now she has few kids and happily married ever after.
Old 08-13-2017, 12:59 PM
Commoner

What are the UAE expectations of his future first wife? I.e. (First Lady of Dubai) What criteria does she have to meet in order to be accepted by the UAE people and for them to be happy?
Old 08-13-2017, 01:06 PM
Commoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asdfghjkl12 View Post
What are the UAE expectations of his future first wife? I.e. (First Lady of Dubai) What criteria does she have to meet in order to be accepted by the UAE people and for them to be happy?
I would say well educated from a well respected emerati family younger than him most likely a cousin some one like his own mother when she married
Old 08-13-2017, 01:38 PM
Commoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by princess jasmin View Post
I would say well educated from a well respected emerati family younger than him most likely a cousin some one like his own mother when she married
Wasn't that suppose to happen with his cousin but then the engagement was reportedly cancelled. What if he marries a commoner? Say a Non-Emirati but obviously Muslim. For instance a Muslim from US or UK?
Old 08-13-2017, 02:17 PM
Commoner

I don't think that would ever happen for first wife
First wife must always be emerati correct me if I'm wrong