The Royal Forums Coat of Arms


Join The Royal Forums Today
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
  #1  
Old 06-18-2014, 05:08 AM
Imanmajed's Avatar
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Posts: 1,299
Shaikh Majid bin Mohammed al Maktoum and family current events




27th January 2014


Marriage of


HH Shaikh Majid (16/10/1987) and Hessa bint Ali Beljafla (21/8/1991)



Apparently all wedding components are already finished in the marriage process between Shaikh Majid and his first wife Hessa bint Ali Beljafla. So it seems to be official. May their marriage are blessed with never ending happiness, a long wedded life and wonderful kids. Happy posting!
__________________

__________________
ماجد (engl. translation: Majid)


Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 06-19-2014, 12:32 PM
Imanmajed's Avatar
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Posts: 1,299
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fatima.Qureshi View Post
Iman, you mean to say Sheikh Majid married without the consent of his family? And does this also mean that the girl has taken Al-widah from her parents' house? I mean after nikah the girl leaves home finally. It was said earlier that it was just a nikah and not al-widah ceremony. I hope you get my point.
I think I get your point. There was a small wedding party held by the bride´s family after signing marriage contract (=nikah, called melcha in UAE) without mention in the press later. It can be seen as a farewell (al-widah) or wedding reception for the bride. No one of his family attended the wedding ceremony. After his wedding he was deposed from his public duties. A reason for that was never mentioned and its not clear if this was done because of his marriage. But now it seems to be likely. With the signing of a wedding contract a marriage is legal and can be consumed if there will be no other traditions or protocol to follow.
__________________

__________________
ماجد (engl. translation: Majid)


Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 06-19-2014, 01:13 PM
Imanmajed's Avatar
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Posts: 1,299
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fatima.Qureshi View Post
Yes I know nikah (milcha) is followed by الوداع ceremony and marriage can be consummated after nikah, but Beljafla Al Muhairi family is a renowned and well respected family then why Sheikh Majid was disposed from duties. Is it normal for a girl's family to give her hand in marriage into a family that doesn't recognize/ congratulate couple. A lot if Sheikhs have married non sheikhas then why the rage over this man.
Indeed this fact was very surprisingly. You are right, the family of Beljafla is a non-ruling but well respected family in UAE. Why the rage over him: First, we know of no reasons, nor the exact circumstances. His deposing of official duties may occured because of his own wish being no longer responsible. From a traditional point of view it is unusual to marry off a daughter to a man who´s family not approved the marriage fully. Its also unusual in UAE to act against the will of own family and marry without their consent first time. This might be also a reason which could be possible for his lost of official duties. But in general for a Shaikh it is not forbidden or outside of protocol to marry a non-Shaikha.
__________________
ماجد (engl. translation: Majid)


Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 09-13-2014, 11:36 PM
Commoner
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: surrey, United Kingdom
Posts: 13
I guess Sheikh Majid was engaged to one of his cousins just like his elder brother Sheikh Hamdan. So breaking that engagement and marrying some other girl is the reason behind his family's anger.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 09-14-2014, 11:28 AM
Imanmajed's Avatar
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Posts: 1,299
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ridah View Post
I guess Sheikh Majid was engaged to one of his cousins just like his elder brother Sheikh Hamdan. So breaking that engagement and marrying some other girl is the reason behind his family's anger.
He was not engaged to a relative before.
__________________
ماجد (engl. translation: Majid)


Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 09-14-2014, 11:37 AM
Commoner
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: surrey, United Kingdom
Posts: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by Imanmajed View Post
He was not engaged to a relative before.
Then what could be the reason behind his family's reaction. Is Majid a full brother of Sheikha Shamsa?
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 09-14-2014, 11:40 AM
Imanmajed's Avatar
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Posts: 1,299
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ridah View Post
Then what could be the reason behind his family's reaction. Is Majid a full brother of Sheikha Shamsa?
Reasons are not publicly known. And yes, he is the full brother of Shaikha Shamsa.
__________________
ماجد (engl. translation: Majid)


Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 09-14-2014, 12:06 PM
Commoner
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: surrey, United Kingdom
Posts: 13
Whatever the reason might be, In Sha Allah everythimg will be fine in their life. And does anybody know anything about Sheikha Shamsa? i mean hows she now or where's she now..
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 09-14-2014, 12:10 PM
Imanmajed's Avatar
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Posts: 1,299
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ridah View Post
Whatever the reason might be, In Sha Allah everythimg will be fine in their life.
Thanks God, everything seems to be fine now.
__________________

__________________
ماجد (engl. translation: Majid)


Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
dubai shaikhs, hessa beljafla, marriage, ruling family of dubai, shaikh majid


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Sheikh Maktoum Bin Rashed Al Maktoum (1943-2006) (late Ruler of Dubai) and Family sally1234 Ruling Family of Dubai 91 02-10-2014 01:30 PM
Sheikha Hind Bint Maktoum Bin Jumaa Al Maktoum mariam Current Events Archive 191 01-18-2006 09:29 PM




Additional Links
Popular Tags
abdication birth charlene chris o'neill crown prince frederik crown prince haakon crown princess letizia crown princess mary crown princess mette-marit dutch royal history engagement fashion genealogy grand duchess maria teresa grand duke henri hohenzollern infanta leonor infanta sofia jewellery jordan king abdullah ii king carl xvi gustav king constantine ii king felipe king felipe vi king harald king juan carlos king philippe king willem-alexander luxembourg olympics ottoman pom president komorowski prince albert prince albert ii prince carl philip prince felipe prince floris prince maurits prince pieter-christiaan princess aimee princess anita princess astrid princess beatrix princess charlene princess claire princess letizia princess madeleine princess marilene princess mary princess mary fashion princess of asturias queen anne-marie queen letizia queen mathilde queen maxima queen rania queen silvia queen sofia royal royal fashion russia sofia hellqvist spain state visit the hague visit wedding winter olympics 2014



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:37 PM.

Social Knowledge Networks

eXTReMe Tracker
Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2014
Jelsoft Enterprises

Royal News Delivered to your Email!

You can get the latest Royal News right in your inbox.

unsusbcribe at anytime with one click

Close [X]