The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Ruling Families of the United Arab Emirates > Ruling Family of Dubai

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 09-10-2011, 11:46 AM
Super Moderator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger
Picture of the Month Assistant Coordinator

Ruling Family of Dubai current events 2: September 2011 -

Welcome to
Ruling Family of Dubai current events Part 2
The previous can be found here

Here are some important
TRF Community Rules & FAQs
  • In order to legally post copyrighted material, you must obtain written permission from the copyright owner.
  • No more than 20% of the text of an article can be posted, along with a link to the original article.
  • It's a copyright violation to post translations of entire articles.
  • Hotlinking of content from other websites is not permitted.
  • We expect our members to treat each other with respect.
  • Opinions should be backed up by reference to published reports.
  • Empty posts, that is posts that do not add or contribute to the discussion, will be deleted without notice.
If you have any questions, please contact a member of the moderating team.

Happy posting!
Royal House of Dubai Mod's

Old 09-10-2011, 12:12 PM
Super Moderator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger

Old 09-12-2011, 10:41 AM
Heir Apparent

i see on channel Dubai One too

Quote:
I looked at the pictures several times but I canīt see a golden necklace,can you provide a link to the special picture,Burzg? I havenīt seen the sheikhs with much accessories,they only wear watches on their wrists but maybe they also have charm necklaces that bring luck to them or something with the name of their wife engraved into it-I donīt know....However Iīve seen Sheikh Mohammed using a Tasbih, (or Masbaha/Subha?) - some kind of muslim prayer chain!
i not have picrtshare but i wil see because i see in telvision he walk & move & everything & his neck brgith with gold thin color nickelace , but i wil see
Old 09-12-2011, 11:25 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burzg View Post
[I][I]

i not have picrtshare but i wil see because i see in telvision he walk & move & everything & his neck brgith with gold thin color nickelace , but i wil see
Sheikh Mohd ALWAYS wear a gold necklace, maybe it's more clear to see it on videos
Old 09-12-2011, 04:30 PM
Royal Highness

Iīm sure you are right,I just looked at recent photos and videos but I didnīt look that closely at Sheikh Mohammed *lol* However I never noticed a golden necklace,usually I see every small detail but maybe I overlooked something or he stopped wearing this golden necklace...However I always associated big, show-offy gold chains with American rappers and hip-hop singers (like Jay Z) and maybe he doesnīt want this kind of image?
Old 09-12-2011, 05:07 PM
Courtier

It's not a big chain, plus he often hide it under the Kandoora, i think it has no pendant too!
Old 09-12-2011, 05:47 PM
Aristocracy

In Islam men wearing gold is NOT allowed. Are you sure it is a gold chain he wears?
Old 09-12-2011, 05:56 PM
Royal Highness

Really?I didnīt know that...but I think itīs a good rule,why do men have to wear expensive jewellery,especially since there are so many poor people in the world...
Old 09-12-2011, 06:10 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by fun2work View Post
In Islam men wearing gold is NOT allowed. Are you sure it is a gold chain he wears?
Yeah, i know it's not allowed!
But, it's def a gold chain
Old 09-13-2011, 08:02 AM
Royal Highness

Maybe thatīs the reason why Sheikh Majed has been so busy recently-there is some kind of trainee programme for young UAE-nationals under his patronage-links to official press releases: The Private Office of HH Sheikh Majid Bin Mohammed Bin Rashid Al Maktoum signs a Memorandum of Understanding with Emirates NBD - Zawya

AW Rostamani Group and Sheikh Majid Bin Mohammed Office promote professional training for future Emirati executives | AW Rostamani Group | AMEinfo.com

Thatīs an article from 2008 but I think it hasnīt been posted yet:
http://artforum.com/diary/id=19711
"The subsequent question-and-answer session had just begun when an excited press agent interrupted: His Highness Sheikh Majid bin Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum, Dubai’s culture minister, had arrived. Audience members clamored for a photo op, and then a beaming Martin led the sheikh through the maze of booths—the former pointing to this or that object, the latter occasionally exchanging words with dealers and artists—as photographers and journalists maintained a tight ring around them, some shuffling backward to snap pictures and bumping into sculptures that dealers scrambled to guard.“It’s called Flying Carpets,” artist Alex Flemming said to the sheikh about his airplane-shaped Oriental rugs hanging in the Bolsa de Arte booth: “What do you think?” The sheikh: “I think I could fly away on it.” The crowd chuckled nervously. A journalist noted that Contrasts Gallery was organizing a fair in Hong Kong to open this spring and passed him her business card. He accepted it without looking down. Having made its way through the Credit Suisse exhibition—titled, predictably, “Art and Entrepreneurship”—and out the main entrance, the crowd took more photos at Wim Delvoye’s outdoor installation of a rusty rickshaw. Then it ended as quickly as it had begun: The sheikh and his companions stepped into a taupe Hummer and disappeared around the bend."
Old 09-24-2011, 07:27 AM
Super Moderator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger

Sheikh Mohammed, Sheikh Hamdan attended a NewMarket horse race in England on Friday, Sheikh Mohammeds horse won one of the races.
Picture and article ** daylife.com picture

The ruler of Dubai and the United Arab Emirates' Vice President and Prime Minister Sheikh Mohammed bin Rashed al-Maktoum (2nd L) arrives at a large polling centre at a conventions complex in the Gulf emirate on September 24, 2011, as voters chosen by the rulers of the UAE took part in only the second-ever polls to elect half of the members of the powerless Federal National Council.

Sheikh Hamdan bin Mohammed attended this event as well.

Pic 1 ** Pic 2
Old 11-09-2011, 11:00 AM
Administrator

Discussion of the so-called "Princess" who was robbed in a New York hotel has been moved the the Ruling Family of Sharjah thread.
Discussion of titles has been moved to the new Styles and Titles thread.
Old 11-09-2011, 02:06 PM

Question

Is majida al maktoum the youngest daughter of sheikh maktoum?
Old 11-12-2011, 04:51 PM
Administrator

Guys, please don't post dubious and unverified claims found on Twitter.
I've removed some posts discussing a claim made by "a woman on Twitter" that she is the Crown Prince's wife.
Be assured that when Crown Prince Hamdan marries it will be confirmed by a more reliable authority than someone on Twitter.

thanks.
Warren
UAE moderator
Old 11-30-2011, 02:51 PM
Super Moderator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger

Mohammed attends graduation ceremony
Picture gallery & article
Old 12-25-2011, 10:48 AM
Heir Presumptive

here is a link that ruler of Dubai and princess haya are in Marrakesh for new year ; I doubt cause haya is in her last days of pregnancy :

.. ,
His soul was too great to be contained by the camera's lens ,yet his images radiate his love for his family , his faith , his pride on his country and people the world over who shared his commitment to peace and his joy in life . Queen Noor
Old 12-25-2011, 02:29 PM
Serene Highness

I don't think that Haya is with them in Morocco celebrating the new year. she is due soon.
Old 12-26-2011, 01:20 AM
Super Moderator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger

Post of Sheikh Ahmed bin Saeed's secret bride & son has been moved to the
Another secret Bride and child of Sheikh Ahmed bin Saeed Al Maktoum
Thread
Old 12-26-2011, 12:18 PM
Commoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by xavi83
here is a link that ruler of Dubai and princess haya are in Marrakesh for new year ; I doubt cause haya is in her last days of pregnancy :

.. ,
Hi All - I'm new so please excuse some questions. When the Ruler of Dubai travels, does he take both Hind and Haya and "his other wives"?

Also, I did an co-op in Morocco, use to see a lot of the Al Nahyan, there but only surrounded by males no women. Or at least in public, what happened in close doors is none of my business.

Thanks all in advance for ur assistance.
Old 12-29-2011, 10:10 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Annethebest View Post
Is majida al maktoum the youngest daughter of sheikh maktoum?
No Dear yougest daughter of sheikh maktoum is " sheikha Futtaim bint maktoum she’s born in 2003 and sheikha majida born in 1999 that if you mean sheikh maktoum not mohammed al maktoum .

Tags
al maktoum, dubai, dubai ruiling family, dubai sheikh, ruling family, sheikha sanaa, uae