The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 07-28-2012, 07:43 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by LV_GiRL View Post
Humm...i wonder whose cup of wine was that... As far as i know a "good muslim" woman does NOT drink alcohol. To be exact muslims in general are not allowed to drink alcohol.
well yes it’s weird , because the cup of wine exactly infront of her BUT I don’t think that cup for her it’s not possible , it’s must be for someone else , if prince i meant man possible but lady NO , just i guess .

Old 07-29-2012, 02:12 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Humm...i wonder whose cup of wine was that... As far as i know a "good muslim" woman does NOT drink alcohol. To be exact muslims in general are not allowed to drink alcohol.

First: You do not know what substances are in the glasses. On the other hand: If you look closely at the picture and the arrangement of the glasses, then you'll find that the wine glass is left. Normally, it would still be right. Means: The owner of the glass is the man to the left of Haya. Haya obviously drinking water (the glass right of her).

Old 07-29-2012, 04:18 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Are you making an inference or an accusation?

Let's take a minute to partially deconstruct this scene... the subject photo

There are glassess with various liquids on the table. They could be water, or vodka, or gin, or tomato juice, or a full strength bloody mary, or a cocktail, or beetroot juice, or a wine, or a non-alcoholic beverage, or none of these. What does each glass contain? We don't know.
To which person or persons does each glass belong? We don't know.
Who, if anyone, has taken a drink from one or more of the glasses? We don't know.
Why are Princess Haya and the man behind her holding each other's hands? We don't know.
Why is the mauve tie worn by the man on the left crumpled and askew? We don't know.

There are enough unknown elements here to construct or conjure even the wildest and most damning tale, if one was so inclined.

So, what do we know? One fact at least: wine glasses are placed on the right-hand side of a person seated at table. In the photograph, what may be wine is on Princess Haya's left.

The object lesson: don't jump to conclusions; don't moralise in order to gleefully disparage; don't introduce irrelevant comments about "good muslim women" when the obvious intent is to infer the opposite; don't resort to all-capitals as it's heavy-handed; and don't construct an argument by prefacing it with the qualified "as far as I know..." and following it with the very definite "to be exact..." as the manipulation is very unsubtle. Lastly, the use of a 'doubting whistling' smilie and a 'knowing grin' smilie in the context of an attempted hatchet-job give the game away immediately.
Old 07-29-2012, 04:28 PM
Heir Presumptive

Thanks Warren ! apart from all what was said I liked haya 's look and dress
His soul was too great to be contained by the camera's lens ,yet his images radiate his love for his family , his faith , his pride on his country and people the world over who shared his commitment to peace and his joy in life . Queen Noor
Old 07-30-2012, 04:18 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warren View Post
Are you making an inference or an accusation? ....
Wow , Liked your Comment very much agree with you .
Old 07-30-2012, 01:35 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
I know that, Some members in jordanian royal family drink alcohol but these "Some" don't include Princess Haya. Becuase King Hussein didn't raise his children on this even though they will travel too much but that don't mean they give up aspects of their religion.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Warren View Post
Are you making an inference or an accusation?....
I agree with you Warren, from first till last word.
Old 07-30-2012, 08:23 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burzg View Post
I know that, Some members in jordanian royal family drink alcohol but these "Some" don't include Princess Haya. Becuase King Hussein didn't raise his children on this even though they will travel too much but that don't mean they give up aspects of their religion.
i don't know about the party which they don't drink
but there is a video show king Abdullah, Rania and Hamzah
drink a toast on an official visit
Old 07-31-2012, 06:40 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burzg View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by sana
Is it really important to know, who,what, when and where like to drink ???? The responsibility rests with each self.
Old 07-31-2012, 04:31 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by sana View Post
Some people when attending certain occasions especially if it was held in a western country or so, ask for something that resembles an alcoholic drink so they don't feel pressured to actually have a drink
Old 07-31-2012, 06:38 PM
Heir Presumptive

the wine in the table is not neccessary belong to Princess Haya.
I just don't the big deal here.
Old 08-01-2012, 03:25 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by LipGloss View Post
Some people when attending certain occasions especially if it was held in a western country or so, ask for something that resembles an alcoholic drink so they don't feel pressured to actually have a drink
the muslims the not forced to drink even if it a western country and someone ask them to drink

thank you
Old 08-02-2012, 03:06 AM
Majesty
Royal Blogger
Picture of the Month Representative – Jordan

August 1, 2012- Sheikha Mozah, Princess Haya and Duke of York attends Global Health Policy Summit

Image Upper.com - Free Image Hosting - View Image

Old 08-02-2012, 03:53 AM
Aristocracy

wonderful photos salma thankyou for sharing them princess haya looks wonderful
Old 08-02-2012, 05:15 AM
Heir Presumptive

great to see them both together ; I think it is the first time
His soul was too great to be contained by the camera's lens ,yet his images radiate his love for his family , his faith , his pride on his country and people the world over who shared his commitment to peace and his joy in life . Queen Noor
Old 08-10-2012, 07:22 PM
Nobility

-HRH Princess Haya Bint Al Hussein marks UN World Humanitarian Day [link]

-The King and Queen of Sweden with the FEI President HRH Princess Haya after an amazing end to the London 2012 Olympic equestrian events [Photo]

-Princess Haya Bin Al Hussein, Princess Anna y Zarah Phillips (Olympic Games 2012) [Photo]
Old 08-11-2012, 05:32 AM
Gentry

Nice pictures and link , very lovely and beautiful smile as always the one with princess Anna & Zara . thanks for sharing .
Old 08-11-2012, 09:30 PM
Heir Presumptive

she looks wonderful it nice to see her at the Olympic games again
Old 08-14-2012, 10:31 AM
Royal Highness

Princess Haya Bint Al Hussein: Well done Zara - Royal salute from princess to the showgirl - Profiles - People - The Independent

Princess Haya congratulating Zara Philips on her showjumping performance and recollecting the memories of her own olympic experience in Sydney and the Pan Arab Games in Jordan.
Old 09-12-2012, 10:06 AM
Heir Apparent

Sept 9 , 2012 - HRH Princess Haya appoints Dubai School of Dental Medicine's Board of Directors:

HRH Princess Haya appoints Dubai School of Dental Medicine's Board of Directors | Dubai School of Dental Medicine | AMEinfo.com
Old 09-13-2012, 04:46 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Here's my theory... the man sitting on her left is right handed as he wears his watch of his left hand. it belongs to him, and the pinkish drink belongs to her. :) to much watching CSI i think

"People are much like stained glass windows. When the sun is shining through them, they glow brightly and sparkle. But when the sun goes down and it is dark and gloomy outside; Their true beauty is revealed only if there is light from within." ~ Elisabeth Kubler-Ross

Tags
princess haya