The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 09-23-2011, 06:25 AM
Aristocracy

usualy here you name after a person after they pass away (unless you are a son)..
thats why sh.mo did not name any of his kids Zayed

Old 09-23-2011, 09:53 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by lady blue View Post
usualy here you name after a person after they pass away (unless you are a son)..
thats why sh.mo did not name any of his kids Zayed
Not necessary when they pass away, Sheikh Mohd named his sons after his brothers when they were all alive. Sheikh Maktoum has a son named Zayed.
Same thing, for Sheikha Hessa, she named her daughter Hind after her mother & she's still alive.
In general, you name your kids after people that means alot to you, parents, siblings...

Old 09-23-2011, 10:34 AM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger
Picture of the Month Representative - Morocco

i have a feeling that they will surprise us with the name of the baby
i personally was surprised with the name Aljalila..its super cute name though.
Old 09-23-2011, 04:11 PM
Royal Highness

I feel exactly the same, I never expected Haya´s first baby to be named Al Jalila and I´m sure we will be surprised again! Al Jalila sounds very nice and cute and is a novelty among S.Mohammeds children - Before her I always expected P.Haya to name her children after her parents because she often talks about them with great affection (especially her father) but now I´m sure she will definitely chose a new name,so let´s wait & see!
Old 09-23-2011, 05:07 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by sally1234 View Post
Not necessary when they pass away, Sheikh Mohd named his sons after his brothers when they were all alive. Sheikh Maktoum has a son named Zayed.
Same thing, for Sheikha Hessa, she named her daughter Hind after her mother & she's still alive.
In general, you name your kids after people that means alot to you, parents, siblings...
i ment unless it is a first relative son/brother/daughter
in many cases a named after person will refuse to be named after and askes for a name instead...
Old 11-13-2011, 02:32 AM
Courtier

i dont know if this is already anounced here but this article says princess haya is in the late stages of her pregnency and will be due in january!

NZ talks with Germany over formal relationship | Horsetalk.co.nz - International horse news
Old 11-14-2011, 03:49 AM
Super Moderator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger
Picture of the Month Assistant Coordinator

Thanks for the article. Salma did mention a while ago that Princess Haya was due in January when we knew she was pregnant. Sometimes articles search on forums and publish the news, I wonder if this is the case or they do really know when she is due.
Old 11-14-2011, 05:08 AM
Heir Presumptive

oh we should start a thread about possible names of the new child ! but I wonder why haya made it to India and not to Rio ..
His soul was too great to be contained by the camera's lens ,yet his images radiate his love for his family , his faith , his pride on his country and people the world over who shared his commitment to peace and his joy in life . Queen Noor
Old 11-14-2011, 06:31 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by dazzling View Post
Thanks for the article. Salma did mention a while ago that Princess Haya was due in January when we knew she was pregnant. Sometimes articles search on forums and publish the news, I wonder if this is the case or they do really know when she is due.
Those are mr. Ellis' own words.
I don't think he has time or is interested in searching on royal forums for a due date.
I think he has some inside information, that he used to explain why a seven months pregnant lady does not fly to Rio
Old 11-14-2011, 07:25 AM
Majesty
Royal Blogger
Picture of the Month Representative – Jordan

Quote:
Originally Posted by xavi83 View Post
oh we should start a thread about possible names of the new child ! but I wonder why haya made it to India and not to Rio ..
The events were canceled days ago: her assistance to General Assembly, a gala dinner in her honour and finally this year she will not attend the FEI awards.

Fly to Rio is a long travel.
Old 11-14-2011, 07:28 AM
Heir Presumptive

I think she will be in due earlier , look what I found in twitter page of Horse and Hound :
The princess and fei president is due to have a baby in the next few weeks
His soul was too great to be contained by the camera's lens ,yet his images radiate his love for his family , his faith , his pride on his country and people the world over who shared his commitment to peace and his joy in life . Queen Noor
Old 11-14-2011, 08:10 AM
Courtier

Well, up to January there are only 7 weeks left (not much for a pregnancy)
Time flies!
Baby can be born in time (a terme) between three weeks before and two weeks after due date.

Anyway rumours already in August 2011 spoke about a second birth for the beginning of 2012 and different more reliable sources speak about January, so I assume that due date is somewhere in January
Old 11-15-2011, 05:46 AM
Heir Presumptive

possible names for princess haya 2nd baby

well I will start ; I think he is a boy and I guess Hussein or Hamzah and if a baby girl then Zein or alia
Old 11-15-2011, 12:03 PM
Gentry

Well, why do we exclude the names from the father's side? What about second Rashid, or another Maktoum - if it is a boy. If it is a girl - I have no proposals. However, it will be a way more thrilling as long as we learn the name when baby is born.
Old 11-15-2011, 12:14 PM
Aristocracy

there is no second Rashid or Maktoum/ you cant name two boys from the same father the same name (its different with girls) because shildren here are named after fathers not mothers so even if they have two latifas and two maryams they will never have two boys with the same name! unless the son dies then they name a seond boy after him like the case with muteb king abdullahs son.
Old 11-15-2011, 01:16 PM
Gentry

Oh, so I have been really poor-informed. Thank you lady blue for clarifying this issue.
Old 11-15-2011, 02:45 PM
Heir Apparent

For a boy:
Isa - A Prophet's name (Jesus)

For a girl:

Nazirah - Like, equal, matching
Old 11-15-2011, 03:25 PM
Heir Presumptive

In no particular order:

For a girl: Farzana, Sumaiya and Nadine

For a boy: Shamir, Wafiq or Nayif
Old 11-15-2011, 04:03 PM
Gentry

Quote:
Originally Posted by lady blue View Post
there is no second Rashid or Maktoum/ you cant name two boys from the same father the same name (its different with girls) because shildren here are named after fathers not mothers so even if they have two latifas and two maryams they will never have two boys with the same name! unless the son dies then they name a seond boy after him like the case with muteb king abdullahs son.
but sheikh Maktoum bin Rashed (the late ruler) also has two sons with the name Mohammed......
Old 11-15-2011, 07:01 PM
Aristocracy

I am sure somthing is not true about that , either one of them is dead or not officially named on paper with that name or the only other possibility is that one of them is double named like for example mohammed-albadr , hebat allah.
like with prince Hashim from jordan has two daughters named halat alnoor and rayat alnoor.