The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 09-14-2011, 03:14 PM
Heir Apparent

congratulation princess haya

Old 09-21-2011, 06:58 AM
Heir Apparent

Congratulations to the couple! A little boy named Hussein would be wonderful!

Old 09-21-2011, 07:50 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoorMeansLight View Post
Congratulations to the couple! A little boy named Hussein would be wonderful!
It seems that Haya doesnt like to name her kids after her parents.
Old 09-21-2011, 07:53 AM
Heir Presumptive

a brother or soster for Aljalila!!
very exciting.
congratulations to the parent.
Old 09-21-2011, 08:18 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by sally1234 View Post
And there are already two grandsons of King Hussein who bear his name: Prince Hussein Mirza & Crown Prince.
And I personally don't like the name Aljalila; it's too similar to Jalila (her niece's name)
Old 09-21-2011, 08:43 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biri View Post
And there are already two grandsons of King Hussein who bear his name: Prince Hussein Mirza & Crown Prince.
And I personally don't like the name Aljalila; it's too similar to Jalila (her niece's name)
Maybe, Haya really loves the name of "Al Jalila" .
Old 09-21-2011, 08:45 AM
Heir Apparent

"Alia" would be better, imho.
Old 09-21-2011, 02:07 PM
Heir Presumptive

Ah that's so wonderful, congratulations to the parents.
I'm excited to hear the name when the baby is born.

Old 09-21-2011, 02:25 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biri View Post
"Alia" would be better, imho.
Me too!
There are so many Alia's in Al Maktoum family, so maybe she wanted an original name!
Old 09-21-2011, 07:33 PM
Royal Highness

I think she is not naming her children after her parents because it would be a huge burden to live up to the expectations of such highly respected,popular characters and she wants her children to develop their own personalities and persue their own dreams!They shouldn´t be forced to live the life of someone else and she also said in an old interview that she had difficulties when she was young because many people were pushing her to fit into a certain image (of her much adored mother Q Alia) and do and think just like her parents-but her father supported her independence and allowed her to do what she was interested and passionate about - which is a very wise decision IMO,I see so many unhappy individuals who are doing jobs they are not really interested in and live lifes they didn´t chose or have partners they only married for strategic reasons....
Old 09-21-2011, 07:56 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by blauerengel View Post
I see so many unhappy individuals who are doing jobs they are not really interested in and live lifes they didn´t chose or have partners they only married for strategic reasons....
Like most of the royals lol
Old 09-21-2011, 08:08 PM
Royal Highness

Hmmm...I´m sure there are many,at least they have enough money for retail therapy;-)
But I´m sure that modern royals have much more choices and personal freedom than some hundred years ago (at least in Europe),were some were forced into marriages when they were still teenagers or became king/queen when they were still children and adults completely managed their private and public affairs

Back to the topic,are there new pictures from Haya?I am soo curious if it´s going to be a boy or a girl,I am sure that the people involved already know but I don´t....so it´s a little bit like christmas,you never know what you are going to get until the special day arrives It´s good to see her that happy,she seems to truly enjoy the mother role and caring for other people.
Old 09-22-2011, 06:32 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:

I had no idea. What makes you think so?
And I agree that Alia would sound perfect for a little girl.
Old 09-22-2011, 08:22 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoorMeansLight View Post
I had no idea. What makes you think so?
And I agree that Alia would sound perfect for a little girl.
Since she hadn't named her daughter Alya...
Old 09-22-2011, 09:38 AM
Majesty
Royal Blogger
Picture of the Month Representative – Jordan

Alia is a beautiful name.

Quote:
Back to the topic,are there new pictures from Haya?
No she usually hasn´t many engagements during year. But next month she will have some events.
Old 09-22-2011, 10:20 AM
Royal Highness

My favourite female names in Arabic so far: Alia,Latifa,Maryam and Aisha :-)
There is a great song for a girl named Aisha and it really sounds beautiful in my ears
The only problem with Maryam and Latifa is that there already some in the Al Maktoum family and it would be better to chose a name that is not so widly used IMO.
There´s a list with Arabic boy names and their meaning masculine arabic names
I like the names Hamzah,Faisal and Khaled - as far as I know there are no men with this name in the Al Maktoum family (correct me if I´m wrong!) Hamzah will probably be ignored because of Prince Hamzah from Jordan but I would be happy for a boy named Khaled because of the writer Khaled Hosseini,he writes wonderful books and maybe P.Haya´s son/daughter will follow the tradition and write poems?
Old 09-22-2011, 12:27 PM
Courtier

Quote:
My favourite female names in Arabic so far: Alia,Latifa,Maryam and Aisha :-)
There is a great song for a girl named Aisha and it really sounds beautiful in my ears
The only problem with Maryam and Latifa is that there already some in the Al Maktoum family and it would be better to chose a name that is not so widly used IMO.
There´s a list with Arabic boy names and their meaning masculine arabic names
I like the names Hamzah,Faisal and Khaled - as far as I know there are no men with this name in the Al Maktoum family (correct me if I´m wrong!) Hamzah will probably be ignored because of Prince Hamzah from Jordan but I would be happy for a boy named Khaled because of the writer Khaled Hosseini,he writes wonderful books and maybe P.Haya´s son/daughter will follow the tradition and write poems?
In the UAE, they have their own traditional names that they like to keep trending, so for the boy, i guess it's Sheikh Mohd who will choose the name, and it can be Zayed, unless Haya insists to name the baby after her dad.
But then we're not sure if it's a boy, but i just feel it is.
Old 09-22-2011, 02:07 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
In the UAE, they have their own traditional names that they like to keep trending, so for the boy, i guess it's Sheikh Mohd who will choose the name, and it can be Zayed, unless Haya insists to name the baby after her dad.
But then we're not sure if it's a boy, but i just feel it is.
I have the same feeling ! but jalila will be happier to have a sister
His soul was too great to be contained by the camera's lens ,yet his images radiate his love for his family , his faith , his pride on his country and people the world over who shared his commitment to peace and his joy in life . Queen Noor
Old 09-22-2011, 02:16 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by xavi83 View Post
I have the same feeling ! but jalila will be happier to have a sister
if sister maybe haya wil name her "Alia"
if borhter maybe "Husein"
Old 09-22-2011, 07:21 PM
Royal Highness

I am not sure if Sheikh Mohammed has more influence on the names,why didn´t he name any other son after S.Zayed if he really wants it?Sheikh Zayed was very popular and important for the UAE,I know that there are many typical names for every region in the Arab world and I didn´t hear the name Zayed before I read about the Arabian peninsula,however he´s more associated with Abu Dhabi than Dubai which would explain why none of S.Mo´s sons received his name...
I believe that women still have more rights to decide the name of the child,after all they have to endure all the inconvenience and discomfort that comes with a pregnancy and giving birth & as long as she doesn´t chose a really terrible name that will get him/her bullied at school or laughed about the mother should have the say ;-)
I like the tradition of naming babies after grandparents,aunts/uncles or dear friends,I also know women who name them after their favourite book character or historic persons.