Princess Haya as UN WFP's Goodwill Ambassador

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Well... yes I think she is pregnant. Her face is more round and if you look at her belly you see a bump. And her dress is loose fitting.

:heart: monchichi

Please remember TRF's policy regarding speculations about pregnancies. We wait for official confirmation and/or proof from a credible news source. Further posts on this subject will be deleted.

Humera
Royal Family of Dubai Moderator

Last edited:
United Nations Secretary-General Ban Ki-moon, fourth from left, poses with his wife Ban Soon-taek, third from left, and the U.N. Messengers of Peace during Peace Bell ceremonies at UN headquarters Friday, Sept. 21, 2007. They are, from left, Michael Douglas, Jane Goodall, Princess Haya Bint Al Hussein of Jordan, second from right, the newest peace messenger, and Elie Wiesel

POLFOTO - altid med i billedet

http://img217.imageshack.us/img217/9953/hayaakf2.jpg

Congratulations to Haya on being appointed a Messenger for Peace.
She looks absolutey radiant.
Pregnancy really suits her.

Last edited:
she really looks nice in the last two pictures. When is the baby due?

She looks very nice in those pics. I want her hair :lol: .

A great honor for her

I am really impressed with her getting this honor. It is really terrific. I also think she has improved her physical presentation a lot compared to before. She looks good.

i personally think that the UN gives out insignificant awards. :glare: what has pavarotti, haya, or michael douglas contributed to the peace process. answer...............nothing. this is not a Mother Theresa, Nelson Mandela, etc. catagory. it is almost like the position was bought. what has princess haya contributed to deserve this award. being a member of the olympic team and fei president does not warrant an award. i personally think awards or honors are given out too frequently. there seems to be an award for everything. sad to say that it cheapens the REAL awards.

This is not an award, rather an appointment; Princess Haya will be working to raise awareness of the work of the UN for atleast 3 years. Before jumping to conclusions and deeming anything "insignificant" we owe it to ourselves to find out more about it.

The United Nations Messengers of Peace are distinguished individuals, carefully selected from the fields of art, literature, music and sports, who have agreed to help focus worldwide attention on the work of the United Nations. Backed by the highest honour bestowed by the Secretary-General on a global citizen for an initial period of three years, these prominent personalities volunteer their time, talent and passion to raise awareness of United Nations’ efforts to improve the lives of billions of people everywhere.

The Messengers of Peace, through their public appearances, contacts with the international media and humanitarian work, help expand understanding of how the ideals and objectives of the Organization demand everyone’s attention. United Nations Messengers of Peace

The above site contains names and profiles of present and past messengers of peace. Princess Haya's profile

Princess Haya Appointed as UN Messenger for Peace

. . . Haya said that she was honored to accept the responsibility. She referred to her work with the first ever food aid organization, a non profitable, in the Arab world, ’Tkiyet Um Ali’ in Jordan, set up by her late mother and continued by daughter.

She added that, "I consider it my inherited duty to help relieve the plight of people who suffer the devastating effects of poverty". Petra

Last edited:
she looks amazing i love her hair a lot, congratulations for the new position princess :wub:

Wow! Congrats to Haya on her new position. She's certainly blooming with her new pregnancy, she looks fantastic and her make-up is really well done here if a little too much!

I'm surprised that she is still dyeing her hair, I would have thought she'd give it a rest while pregnant.

I'm surprised that she is still dyeing her hair, I would have thought she'd give it a rest while pregnant.

Does'nt seem she's doing the roots

UAE 'stands up' against poverty and inequality
Organised by the United Nation's Development Programme (UNDP) along with IAHV and the Art of Living, the "Stand Up and Speak Out" campaign comes with the personal endorsement of Princess Haya bint Al Hussein, UN Goodwill Ambassador and Chairperson of the International Humanitarian City - article

Last edited:
Kofi Annan (L), President of the Foundation Board of the Global Humanitarian Forum, talks to Indian Forum member and Chairman of the Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change (IPCC), Rajendra Pachauri (R) and board member Princess Haya Bint Al Hussein of Jordania (C) during the launch of the Global Humanitarian Forum in Geneva, Switzerland, 17 October 2007.
PICTURE (ANP)

First Lady Laura Bush, flanked by Jordan's Princess Haya Bint Al Hussein, right, waves during a breast cancer awareness conference at the Dubai Chamber of Commerce and Industry Dubai, Monday, Oct. 22, 2007. The wife of U.S. President George W. Bush arrived in this oil-rich Persian Gulf nation Sunday to begin a four-day trip around the Middle East to raise breast cancer awareness. (AP Photo/Regi Varghese, Pool) (polfoto)
Picture

Bush look on in the Gulf emirate of Dubai, 22 October 2007 (ANP)
Picture 1
Picture 2
Picture 3

settle down before the launching of "Making it Our business: Breast Cancer Awareness" program at Dubai Chamber of Commerce and Industry (DCCI), in the Gulf emirate of Dubai, 22 October 2007 (ANP)
Picture 1

Last edited:
Nothing wrong with dyeing one's hair while pregnant.

she is more than stunning, very charming .. and from her belly shape .. i think its a boy :wub:

Nothing wrong with dyeing one's hair while pregnant.
Most doctors advise against women dyeing their hair when pregnant because it is potentially unsafe due to the chemicals involved. I'm surprised that Haya has continued with it.

Moving on, she looks great in the recent photos, that top is very nice. There doesn't seem to be much interaction between her and Laura Bush though.

The doctors don't advise women not to dye their hair during pregnancy. It's so old fashioned. Like: when you are pregnant you should have to sit at home and just eat.

Last edited by a moderator:
The doctors don't advise women not to dye their hair during pregnancy. It's so old fashioned. Like: when you are pregnant you should have to sit at home and just eat.

I agree. And a large majority of the women in UAE use hair dye that is not chemical based anyway.
One of my businesses in Dubai was a Beauty Center and the only reason we advised not to dye when pregnant was that the dye sometimes did not take as well due to hormonal changed within the body.

Last edited:
Food crisis — but it's no surprise | Princess Haya Bint Al Hussein - Times Online

Food crisis — but it's no surprise
From the riots in Mexico to the US dropping grain subsidies, the signs have been there

Princess Haya Bint Al Hussein
What will we promise the world's hungry this time? When I was a girl, my father, King Hussein of Jordan, related a story about the last global food crisis and a famous promise made to the world's hungry by Henry Kissinger, who was then US Secretary of State.

in response to princess haya's statement, the world food organization has been asleep at the wheel for several years. did no one anticipate the population boom (china, india) that has been going on for decades? people have contributed through various charities to feed the hungry. let's not forget the disaster that was known as oil for food program that was headed by kofi's son who pocketed most of the cash. alot of corn has gone into the making of ethanol that was pushed on the global scene by the "global warming crowd". her speech seems very naive. don't know if it was written by her; but if it was, she needs to become better informed. the last place someone should work to help solve the world's problems is the UN. it is beyond corruption. by the way, what did her father do to help relieve starvation in underdevelped countries. if history serves me right, i can't recall anything.

Last edited:
Wam has released another picture of Princess Haya in South Africa, So I am assuming this was from her recent visit unless she is back in South Africa after visiting Sweden for the FEI World Cup

Picture

(L-R) Jordanian Princess Haya bint al-Hussein, wife of Dubai ruler Sheikh Mohammed bin Rashed al-Maktoum, United Nations Secretary General Ban Ki-moon, and Bahraini Prime Minister Sheikh Khalifa bin Salman al-Khalifa attend an official ceremony to launch the UN Global Assessment Report on Disaster Risk Reduction, in Manama on May 17, 2009. Ban called for decisive action to reduce the growing impact of climate change as he launched a global assessment of ways to minimise the risks from natural disasters. AFP PHOTO/ADAM JAN

ANP Beeldbank

ANP Beeldbank

ANP Beeldbank

Jordanian Princess Haya bint Al Hussein speaks with Bahraini Prime Minister Sheik Khalifa bin Salman Al Khalifa, back to camera, right, Sunday, May 17, 2009, at the launch of the U.N. Global Assessment Report on Disaster Risk Reduction held in Manama, Bahrain. The report calls for a shift in thinking to reduce disaster risks and to adapt to climate change in order to reduce poverty.
Photo from AP Photo - News, photos, topics, and quotes
Photo from Reuters Pictures - News, photos, topics, and quotes
Photo from Getty Images - News, photos, topics, and quotes

Jordanian Princess Haya bint Al Hussein speaks with Bahraini Prime Minister Sheik Khalifa bin Salman Al Khalifa, back to camera, right, Sunday, May 17, 2009, at the launch of the U.N. Global Assessment Report on Disaster Risk Reduction held in Manama, Bahrain. The report calls for a shift in thinking to reduce disaster risks and to adapt to climate change in order to reduce poverty.

Articles and pictures from the above event

Natural disasters pose growing threat

...Princess Haya Bint Al Hussein, the wife of Sheikh Mohammed bin Rashid, Vice President of the UAE and Ruler of Dubai, said during yesterday’s gathering that the possibility of future disasters only adds to the present challenges faced such as poverty, education, health, and famine.

“It’s hard to motivate political leaders to focus on preventive measures to face possible disasters, because politically it’s difficult under the normal circumstances to convince the people of the benefits of such investments to face things which might not take place,” she said.... Full Article

Another article by Bahrains english newspaper

A few more pictures via bna.bh

http://img51.imageshack.us/img51/9233/dsc23424.jpg
http://img43.imageshack.us/img43/4646/dsc2456.jpg
http://img42.imageshack.us/img42/9273/dsc25062.jpg
http://img40.imageshack.us/img40/9967/dsc2535.jpg
http://img39.imageshack.us/img39/7391/dsc2553.jpg

and via ANP

http://img51.imageshack.us/img51/4553/9805488.jpg
http://img43.imageshack.us/img43/8846/9805529.jpg
http://img42.imageshack.us/img42/115/9805552.jpg
http://img41.imageshack.us/img41/8453/9805699.jpg