Princess Haya as UN WFP's Goodwill Ambassador

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I agree with Dazzling here. Royals, such as Princess Haya, are a true inspiration nowadays. She's been doing a lot for the underprivileged and I'm sure both K.Hussein and Q.Alia would be proud of her, were they alive.

:previous: I agree. Some of the photos brought tears to my eyes. And the small articles were amazing, too! Sometimes you just have to see some things in order to believe them...:ermm:

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Nairobi, [FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]January 08[/FONT], 2010[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]President Mwai Kibaki greets Mr. Burkard Oberle, country director of the World Food Programme ( Kenya ) and WFP goodwill Ambassador Her Royal Highness (HRH) Princess Haya Bint Al-Hussien of Dubai when they called on him at his Harambee House office, Nairobi.[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][/FONT]
Lift relief food ban to Somalia, President Kibaki urges WFP

Thank you for the update dazzling! Haya is doing a great job, although so young. And again she looks very beautiful in the new photos.

UN Messenger of Peace HRH Princess Haya Al Hussein arrived in Port-au-Prince Friday with more than 90 metric tonnes of relief supplies for Haitians left devastated by last week's earthquake.
PRNewswire-USNewswire

Princess Haya is in Haiti with the WFP. At the begining when P.Haya joined the WFP I personally thought that this would be just something which she wont do much with but just be a spokesperson and nothing more, but I quite admire what she is doing. She is really working hard, travelling to places in need and not just attending their annual meetings. She doesnt seem she is trying to hard for the press attention or anything on those lines.

Princess Haya Oversees Humanitarian Airlift to Haiti

In a display of international solidarity for Haiti, UN Messenger of Peace HRH Princess Haya Al Hussein arrived in Port-au-Prince Friday with more than 90 metric tonnes of relief supplies for Haitians left devastated by last week's earthquake...
Full Article

:previous: As it appears, Haya is one of these royals that has only good news for us! And lots of inspiration. I truly admire her for this!:flowers:

I don't find Haya successful in her work & also I think she's not the right person for this job. What I see is she just speaks and doesn't make enough things.
I think UN Messenger of Peace has to be someone who really did something for peace & Haya is not the right person for this. Just my opinion.

I see what you mean. But remember Haya is only 35 and not a world leader. People like Nelson Mandela, who have done so much for peace, are usually too old to hold such positions. Haya is still very very young and willing to offer and comes from a family that has- and still is- contributed a lot to the peace in Middle East. She has been nurtured with high humanistic values and has already proved that she is able to cope with all these duties. All I'm trying to say is that it's too early to jump to conclusions and judge her humanitarian work. She was in Kenya the other day and now she jumped to Haiti. I believe she tries so hard to be present, to be there when underprivileged people need her.

For being a Messenger of Peace, nobody needs to be a world leader or something like that. If it's too early for her, she couldn't have chosen. If she's now for this job, I can critisize her. Her country (I think you mean Jordan) doesn't do enough things for peace in Middle East. They just talk & talk! People donate bloods, send something etc. All people can do these, but peace is different thing. For example, what did she do for Palestine? In the last months, there was a big war & she did the same thing like her country. Just talk...

I don't find Haya successful in her work & also I think she's not the right person for this job. What I see is she just speaks and doesn't make enough things.
I think UN Messenger of Peace has to be someone who really did something for peace & Haya is not the right person for this. Just my opinion.

I respect your opinion TD but I dont agree that she talks more than she does. To be honest she hasnt said much without doing. Whatever she has said is during her trips to the unprivilaged areas. Yes she does attened meeting but not that many.
She has been quite active in her role and I think she is doing well and trying her best. Its easy to talk and ask for help but she doesnt do that, she actually goes and helps herself.

The menaing of Messenger of peace doesnt mean bringing peace to places like Palestine for example. According to the UN's site messenger of peace is

who have agreed to help focus worldwide attention on the work of the United Nations. Backed by the highest honour bestowed by the Secretary-General on a global citizen for an initial period of three years, these prominent personalities volunteer their time, talent and passion to raise awareness of United Nations’ efforts to improve the lives of billions of people everywhere.

You can read more here

For example, what did she do for Palestine?

If not mistaken, her charity Um Ali charity (I think thats what it is called) helped the Palestinians during the war by sending them aid.
I do understand what you mean and I do agree that she could help a bit more but there is not much she can do that other have done. I dont expect Haya to visit Palestine since it is a war place but places where they are effected by drought, hunger etc that is what she joined for IMO

I have always thought that the real problem begins when we think we are the only ones that care for everything, while the others just sit on their couch. Anyway, since we can't discuss politics on this board, I'd better stop here. Let me just add this: no Haya can solve the Israeli/Palestinian issue as long as the US don't want to.

The moderators shall feel free to delete my post or any part of it.

I gave Palestine as an example because I saw her while talking about it. (I can't remember where) I still don't believe she does her work good.

Dazzling, thanks for posting the website. It's good to read & have more information about it.:flowers:

Princess Haya returns from Dubai airlift to Haiti
... arrived in Amman, Jordan today from Port-au-Prince with 21 evacuees from around the Middle East who had been left stranded after the devastating earthquake that shook Haiti on January 12. The evacuees, some carrying small children, applauded as Princess Haya welcomed them on the plane, then crowded to hug Her and shake Her hand...

Article ** Picture

This was definitely a warm welcome for Haya from her brother. I saw that they were holding hands too, Xavi. It was priceless! I wish we could only see photos like these ones in the future!

The pictures of Haya in Haiti and talking to victims in the plane on the way back to Jordan was very touching. I sew a news clip on TV and some were crying, she keep hugging them and comforting them quite a bit.
At the airport she shacked hands with everyone, even the children.
I liked her simplicity and how down to earth she was.

The pictures of Haya in Haiti and talking to victims in the plane on the way back to Jordan was very touching. I sew a news clip on TV and some were crying, she keep hugging them and comforting them quite a bit.
At the airport she shacked hands with everyone, even the children.
I liked her simplicity and how down to earth she was.

I totally agree with you! This young lady is just doing a really great job, I'm sure Sheikh MO is more than proud of her. Maybe some will tell that this is the least thing BUT when you compare her to another ladies who also have power & money and at the same time they are not doing much humanitarian work! Anyways, Haya is giving a good image & she looks very sincere when she talks to the needy people everywhere in Africa, Haiti...:)))

yes, she is so true!
"The sad reality is that Haiti has been neglected for a long time, and the earthquake came as a wake-up call to the international community."
Haiti is one of the most impoverished countries of the world even though they have a lot of tourism the people have only little money and the infrastructure is bad.
I hope that she can raise some money and awareness to this cause that will last longer than the two weeks before Haiti is out of the news.

she reminds me so much of her mother Alia who was as much as I know one of the first queen consorts to really promote charity and made it her job to care for needy people!

You are right in some ways- yes,she doesn`t DO any "WORK" (like building schools,educating women,preparing clean drinking water etc.) and a lot of this charity is just a publicity stunt,I agree.
There is probably no celebrity who is not DEEPLY involveld in a cause-you can believe their sincerety or not.

But people like Princess Haya or Queen Rania draw a lot of attention to causes that would be normally mentioned in the newspaper section very low down and with little types-so they may not DO anything but maybe somebody sees a picture or reads an article or interview and then decides to give to charity or help in some way.

Last edited by a moderator:
But people like Princess Haya or Queen Rania draw a lot of attention to causes that would be normally mentioned in the newspaper section very low down and with little types-so they may not DO anything but maybe somebody sees a picture or reads an article or interview and then decides to give to charity or help in some way.

This is the thing that I don't understand. She doesn't do enough things, instead of people have to critisize her, they adore her!!!
But, you're right about people see & try to help needy people when seeing P.Haya or Q.Rania.

Back
Top Bottom