The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 01-23-2010, 02:44 PM
Majesty
Royal Blogger
Picture of the Month Representative Jordan

Regent welcomes Princess Haya upon her return from Haiti
Jordan News Agency - Petra - Regent welcomes Princess Haya upon her return from Haiti

Old 01-23-2010, 03:44 PM
Heir Presumptive

real princess ; Jordanians are proud of you .

nice video :
فيديو/ الأمير علي يستقبل الاميرة هيا بنت ال*سين لدى عودتها من هاييتي

His soul was too great to be contained by the camera's lens ,yet his images radiate his love for his family , his faith , his pride on his country and people the world over who shared his commitment to peace and his joy in life . Queen Noor
Old 01-24-2010, 03:40 AM
Super Moderator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger
Picture of the Month Assistant Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by salma View Post
Jordan News Agency - Petra - Regent welcomes Princess Haya upon her return from Haiti
and here are the pictures

ImageBam - Fast, Free Image Hosting and Photo Sharing
Petra news
Old 01-24-2010, 05:34 AM
Heir Presumptive

I saw them on TV , Ali was so happy too meet his sister, loved holding her hands

more pics:
In Pictures - صور الأميرة هيا تشرف شخصيا على الجسر الجوي إلى هايتي - Image 6 - ArabianBusiness.com
His soul was too great to be contained by the camera's lens ,yet his images radiate his love for his family , his faith , his pride on his country and people the world over who shared his commitment to peace and his joy in life . Queen Noor
Old 01-24-2010, 01:49 PM
Heir Apparent

This was definitely a warm welcome for Haya from her brother. I saw that they were holding hands too, Xavi. It was priceless! I wish we could only see photos like these ones in the future!
Old 01-25-2010, 02:26 AM
Super Moderator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger

The pictures of Haya in Haiti and talking to victims in the plane on the way back to Jordan was very touching. I sew a news clip on TV and some were crying, she keep hugging them and comforting them quite a bit.
At the airport she shacked hands with everyone, even the children.
I liked her simplicity and how down to earth she was.
Old 01-25-2010, 02:01 PM
Gentry

Quote:
Originally Posted by dazzling View Post
The pictures of Haya in Haiti and talking to victims in the plane on the way back to Jordan was very touching. I sew a news clip on TV and some were crying, she keep hugging them and comforting them quite a bit.
At the airport she shacked hands with everyone, even the children.
I liked her simplicity and how down to earth she was.

I totally agree with you! This young lady is just doing a really great job, I'm sure Sheikh MO is more than proud of her. Maybe some will tell that this is the least thing BUT when you compare her to another ladies who also have power & money and at the same time they are not doing much humanitarian work! Anyways, Haya is giving a good image & she looks very sincere when she talks to the needy people everywhere in Africa, Haiti...:)))
Old 01-25-2010, 02:43 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by salma View Post
yes, she is so true!
"The sad reality is that Haiti has been neglected for a long time, and the earthquake came as a wake-up call to the international community."
Haiti is one of the most impoverished countries of the world even though they have a lot of tourism the people have only little money and the infrastructure is bad.
I hope that she can raise some money and awareness to this cause that will last longer than the two weeks before Haiti is out of the news.

she reminds me so much of her mother Alia who was as much as I know one of the first queen consorts to really promote charity and made it her job to care for needy people!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turkish Delight View Post
I don't find Haya successful in her work & also I think she's not the right person for this job. What I see is she just speaks and doesn't make enough things.
I think UN Messenger of Peace has to be someone who really did something for peace & Haya is not the right person for this. Just my opinion.
You are right in some ways- yes,she doesn`t DO any "WORK" (like building schools,educating women,preparing clean drinking water etc.) and a lot of this charity is just a publicity stunt,I agree.
There is probably no celebrity who is not DEEPLY involveld in a cause-you can believe their sincerety or not.

But people like Princess Haya or Queen Rania draw a lot of attention to causes that would be normally mentioned in the newspaper section very low down and with little types-so they may not DO anything but maybe somebody sees a picture or reads an article or interview and then decides to give to charity or help in some way.
Old 01-25-2010, 02:57 PM
Royal Highness

Haya de Jordania lleva 90 toneladas de esperanza a Hait*

Galer*a de imágenes - Foto 1 - Haya de Jordania lleva 90 toneladas de esperanza a Hait*
Old 01-25-2010, 04:41 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by blauerengel View Post
But people like Princess Haya or Queen Rania draw a lot of attention to causes that would be normally mentioned in the newspaper section very low down and with little types-so they may not DO anything but maybe somebody sees a picture or reads an article or interview and then decides to give to charity or help in some way.
This is the thing that I don't understand. She doesn't do enough things, instead of people have to critisize her, they adore her!!!
But, you're right about people see & try to help needy people when seeing P.Haya or Q.Rania.
Old 01-26-2010, 04:26 AM
Gentry

Quote:
This is the thing that I don't understand. She doesn't do enough things, instead of people have to critisize her, they adore her!!!
But, you're right about people see & try to help needy people when seeing P.Haya or Q.Rania.

I don't share your point of view! P Haya is young, beautiful, very well educated and married to a rich man, so she can enjoy life as much as she wants instead of taking care of poor people!! But she prefers to help and to do her best and that's why I like her! The only thing I don't like is the fact that she is the second official wife of Mo BUT this is not my business and I'm sure she has her own reasons.....
Old 01-26-2010, 04:41 AM
Super Moderator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Just out of curiosity, what would you to see her do more than what she alread does?
Bringing a few things forward she helps in education, poverty, health and the disabled.
Old 01-26-2010, 07:12 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by dazzling View Post
Just out of curiosity, what would you to see her do more than what she alread does?
Bringing a few things forward she helps in education, poverty, health and the disabled.
Of course, you can ask dazzling.
Yes, she helps education, poverty, health & the disabled but does she really do enough things? What I see is she just helps, she is not interested in the main problems, main things. For example, CP Mary of Denmark is very good at this. Maybe Haya is not 1st lady or Crown Princess but if she is goodwill ambassador, she really has to do her work as much as Mary, IMO. I can't see Mary's success in Haya.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fatisse taleb View Post
I don't share your point of view! P Haya is young, beautiful, very well educated and married to a rich man, so she can enjoy life as much as she wants instead of taking care of poor people!! But she prefers to help and to do her best and that's why I like her! The only thing I don't like is the fact that she is the second official wife of Mo BUT this is not my business and I'm sure she has her own reasons.....
It's your opinion & I respect this.
But if she had been really educated woman, she wouldn't have been married a man who is already married and very old. She was always opposite to this, why did she change her opinion on multiple wife? She's definitely not right person for this job! She defences women rights, but she doesn't act like that...
Old 01-26-2010, 08:21 AM
Heir Presumptive

I do not know what more is needed from Haya , Rania showed up in Larry King asking for sympathy and help for Haiti / don't forget twitter :) while Haya flew there !!
For me in Jordan I do follow up Mary and Rania threads to learn more about fashion and known designers .
Haya is the daughter of very Known King and Queen whom really made a difference for Jordanians and we know she is trying her best to follow their steps and do what all she can for us .
Her marriage choice is sth we can not judge .it is her destiny and I am glad she is happy and made someone else also so.
Old 01-26-2010, 01:09 PM
Heir Apparent

Now I can understand why Turkish Delight was a bit negative: Haya's choice is indeed contradictory or inconsistent with women's rights. I truly doubt if she actually had a choice. I always thought that this was a rather political decision made by her elder brother, King Abdullah, in order to strengthen Jordan's relationship with Dubai. I'm not saying that I know this for sure. This is just the impression/feeling I have. But I won't judge Haya for this either. I'll agree with Fatisse Taleb here: Haya is a fortunate princess from a very wealthy family, that has so many opportunities. She could study for another 10 years or travel the world or attend fashion shows in Paris and NY. But she chose to take on humanitarian duties above all these, which is something far more essential and therefore, praiseworthy.
Old 01-27-2010, 01:26 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Of course, you can ask dazzling.
Yes, she helps education, poverty, health & the disabled but does she really do enough things? What I see is she just helps, she is not interested in the main problems, main things. For example, CP Mary of Denmark is very good at this. Maybe Haya is not 1st lady or Crown Princess but if she is goodwill ambassador, she really has to do her work as much as Mary, IMO. I can't see Mary's success in Haya.

It's your opinion & I respect this.
But if she had been really educated woman, she wouldn't have been married a man who is already married and very old. She was always opposite to this, why did she change her opinion on multiple wife? She's definitely not right person for this job! She defences women rights, but she doesn't act like that...
its like that saying goes, "do as i say, not as i do"
Old 01-31-2010, 02:47 PM
Heir Presumptive

January 21, 2010, Port-Au-Prince, Haiti: Dubai's top humanitarian, Princess Haya bint Al Hussein, touched down in earthquake-ravaged Haiti for what she called mercy mission of delivering aid and rescuing bereaved Arab families. The royal hit the tarmac of Port-au-Prince's Toussaint Louverture International Airport shortly after 4pm before touring a capital city that lost more than one third of its buildings during the 7.0-magnitude temblor of January 12.
http://i48.tinypic.com/20872x1.jpg
http://i48.tinypic.com/nlpq14.jpg
http://i48.tinypic.com/28w01t0.jpg
http://i48.tinypic.com/2hxpqa8.jpg

Jordanian princess tours the slums of Kenya
http://www.alarabiya.net/articles/2010/01/13/97229.html
Old 02-06-2010, 05:16 AM
Heir Presumptive

-
-
Old 03-14-2010, 08:35 AM
Majesty
Royal Blogger
Picture of the Month Representative Jordan

Handout photo released by Princess Haya Bint Al Hussein's press office shows UN Messenger of Peace Princess Haya Bint Al Hussein, wife of the United Arab Emirates Prime Minister Sheikh Mohammed Bin Rashid Al Maktoum and daughter of the late King of Jordan, hugs a child during a visit in Nairobi as part of trip organised by the World Food Programme (WFP) on March 13, 2010 (I think these pics were taken last January)
ANP Beeldbank
ANP Beeldbank
ANP Beeldbank

Old 03-18-2010, 09:28 AM
Heir Presumptive

Stop Talking Start Planting 6/11/2009
Princess Haya made advertising for United Nations Environment Programme
Pflanzen statt quatschen! - Klner Stadt-Anzeiger