The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 01-10-2010, 09:07 AM
Heir Apparent

I agree with Dazzling here. Royals, such as Princess Haya, are a true inspiration nowadays. She's been doing a lot for the underprivileged and I'm sure both K.Hussein and Q.Alia would be proud of her, were they alive.

Old 01-11-2010, 06:32 PM
Majesty
Royal Blogger
Picture of the Month Representative Jordan

VIDEO:

Old 01-13-2010, 01:58 PM
Super Moderator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger
Picture of the Month Assistant Coordinator

Here is a link of an article and a few pictures of Haya in Kenya.
The pictures are touching.

and here is what looks like an interview with P.Haya
Old 01-13-2010, 03:40 PM
Heir Apparent

I agree. Some of the photos brought tears to my eyes. And the small articles were amazing, too! Sometimes you just have to see some things in order to believe them...
Old 01-19-2010, 03:57 PM
Majesty
Royal Blogger
Picture of the Month Representative Jordan

Nairobi, January 08, 2010
President Mwai Kibaki greets Mr. Burkard Oberle, country director of the World Food Programme ( Kenya ) and WFP goodwill Ambassador Her Royal Highness (HRH) Princess Haya Bint Al-Hussien of Dubai when they called on him at his Harambee House office, Nairobi.

Lift relief food ban to Somalia, President Kibaki urges WFP
Old 01-21-2010, 10:24 AM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger
Picture of the Month Representative - Morocco

Jordan’s Princess Haya helps UN boost nutrition of hungry Kenyan children
11 January 2010 – United Nations Messenger of Peace Princess Haya Bint Al Hussein of Jordan blinked back tears as Elizabeth Wanjira, a child living in a slum in Kenya’s capital, Nairobi, told her how the meal she eats at school is often the only food she will eat throughout the day.
Old 01-21-2010, 11:49 AM
Super Moderator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger

Symbolic Football Finds a New Home at Olympic Museum
Article

Pictures

http://img34.imageshack.us/img34/2384/11800638.jpg
http://img210.imageshack.us/img210/1541/610xyq.jpg
Old 01-21-2010, 01:49 PM
Heir Apparent

Thank you for the update dazzling! Haya is doing a great job, although so young. And again she looks very beautiful in the new photos.
Old 01-21-2010, 10:14 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by dazzling View Post
OMG....she looks so much like her mom in this pic
Old 01-23-2010, 03:58 AM
Heir Presumptive

UN Messenger of Peace HRH Princess Haya Al Hussein arrived in Port-au-Prince Friday with more than 90 metric tonnes of relief supplies for Haitians left devastated by last week's earthquake.
PRNewswire-USNewswire
Old 01-23-2010, 04:15 AM
Super Moderator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger

Princess Haya is in Haiti with the WFP. At the begining when P.Haya joined the WFP I personally thought that this would be just something which she wont do much with but just be a spokesperson and nothing more, but I quite admire what she is doing. She is really working hard, travelling to places in need and not just attending their annual meetings. She doesnt seem she is trying to hard for the press attention or anything on those lines.

Princess Haya Oversees Humanitarian Airlift to Haiti

In a display of international solidarity for Haiti, UN Messenger of Peace HRH Princess Haya Al Hussein arrived in Port-au-Prince Friday with more than 90 metric tonnes of relief supplies for Haitians left devastated by last week's earthquake...
Full Article
Old 01-23-2010, 09:47 AM
Heir Apparent

As it appears, Haya is one of these royals that has only good news for us! And lots of inspiration. I truly admire her for this!
Old 01-23-2010, 10:35 AM
Heir Apparent

I don't find Haya successful in her work & also I think she's not the right person for this job. What I see is she just speaks and doesn't make enough things.
I think UN Messenger of Peace has to be someone who really did something for peace & Haya is not the right person for this. Just my opinion.
Old 01-23-2010, 10:55 AM
Heir Apparent

I see what you mean. But remember Haya is only 35 and not a world leader. People like Nelson Mandela, who have done so much for peace, are usually too old to hold such positions. Haya is still very very young and willing to offer and comes from a family that has- and still is- contributed a lot to the peace in Middle East. She has been nurtured with high humanistic values and has already proved that she is able to cope with all these duties. All I'm trying to say is that it's too early to jump to conclusions and judge her humanitarian work. She was in Kenya the other day and now she jumped to Haiti. I believe she tries so hard to be present, to be there when underprivileged people need her.
Old 01-23-2010, 11:13 AM
Heir Apparent

For being a Messenger of Peace, nobody needs to be a world leader or something like that. If it's too early for her, she couldn't have chosen. If she's now for this job, I can critisize her. Her country (I think you mean Jordan) doesn't do enough things for peace in Middle East. They just talk & talk! People donate bloods, send something etc. All people can do these, but peace is different thing. For example, what did she do for Palestine? In the last months, there was a big war & she did the same thing like her country. Just talk...
Old 01-23-2010, 11:38 AM
Super Moderator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turkish Delight View Post
I don't find Haya successful in her work & also I think she's not the right person for this job. What I see is she just speaks and doesn't make enough things.
I think UN Messenger of Peace has to be someone who really did something for peace & Haya is not the right person for this. Just my opinion.
I respect your opinion TD but I dont agree that she talks more than she does. To be honest she hasnt said much without doing. Whatever she has said is during her trips to the unprivilaged areas. Yes she does attened meeting but not that many.
She has been quite active in her role and I think she is doing well and trying her best. Its easy to talk and ask for help but she doesnt do that, she actually goes and helps herself.

The menaing of Messenger of peace doesnt mean bringing peace to places like Palestine for example. According to the UN's site messenger of peace is

Quote:
who have agreed to help focus worldwide attention on the work of the United Nations. Backed by the highest honour bestowed by the Secretary-General on a global citizen for an initial period of three years, these prominent personalities volunteer their time, talent and passion to raise awareness of United Nations efforts to improve the lives of billions of people everywhere.
You can read more here

Quote:
For example, what did she do for Palestine?
If not mistaken, her charity Um Ali charity (I think thats what it is called) helped the Palestinians during the war by sending them aid.
I do understand what you mean and I do agree that she could help a bit more but there is not much she can do that other have done. I dont expect Haya to visit Palestine since it is a war place but places where they are effected by drought, hunger etc that is what she joined for IMO
Old 01-23-2010, 11:39 AM
Heir Apparent

I have always thought that the real problem begins when we think we are the only ones that care for everything, while the others just sit on their couch. Anyway, since we can't discuss politics on this board, I'd better stop here. Let me just add this: no Haya can solve the Israeli/Palestinian issue as long as the US don't want to.

The moderators shall feel free to delete my post or any part of it.
Old 01-23-2010, 12:28 PM
Heir Apparent

I gave Palestine as an example because I saw her while talking about it. (I can't remember where) I still don't believe she does her work good.

Dazzling, thanks for posting the website. It's good to read & have more information about it.
Old 01-23-2010, 12:45 PM
Super Moderator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger

Princess Haya returns from Dubai airlift to Haiti
... arrived in Amman, Jordan today from Port-au-Prince with 21 evacuees from around the Middle East who had been left stranded after the devastating earthquake that shook Haiti on January 12. The evacuees, some carrying small children, applauded as Princess Haya welcomed them on the plane, then crowded to hug Her and shake Her hand...

Article ** Picture
Old 01-23-2010, 02:08 PM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger
Picture of the Month Representative - Morocco

Another photo for Haya in Kenya.
http://i48.tinypic.com/25utssw.jpg