Princess Haya and the FEI

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

desertrosemrk

Courtier
From Khaleej Times
http://www.alkhaleej.co.ae/
Princess Haya vies for equestrian presidency
(AFP)

7 August 2005

AMMAN - Princess Haya, wife of Dubai Crown Prince Shaikh Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum, will run for the presidency of the International Equestrian Federation (FEI), she told AFP on Sunday.

A keen athlete with a passion for riding, the 31-year-old Jordanian princess represented Jordan at the Sydney 2000 Olympic Games - the first Arab woman to do so - competing in show jumping.

In a phone interview from London where she is currently, Princess Haya said she “will run in April for the presidency” of the FEI in the hope of promoting and revitalising the sport across the globe “through a modern and efficient world-class body”.

“Ensuring that the Federation is fully transparent and works in accordance with sound and modern financial systems is of utmost importance to me, and imperative for the development and growth of the equestrian sport internationally,” she said.

Princess Haya has taken part in several international competitions, representing Jordan at Sydney 2000 and at the World Championships in Jerez 2002. She recently took part in the Dubai 2005 World Endurance Championship and is a member of the honorary committee of the Spanish Riding School.

The princess has represented Jordan in the FEI General Assembly and was chairperson of the Middle East and Western Asian sub-group from 1992-1996.

“I see equestrianism as a traditional sport with a modern future,” the princess - who is daughter of the late King Hussein - said.

Princess Haya is also a member of the International Board of Directors of Right to Play, an athlete-driven organization dedicated to bringing sports and recreation to children affected by war, poverty disease and illness.

I think that it's wonderful that Princess Haya is running for Presidency. She adores the sport and I think it would be a wonderful thing for her to do with her time.

Does anyone know anything about the International Equestrian Federation and how their presidents are chosen?

HRH Princess Haya Bint Al Hussein in Zagreb, Croatia on 11th April..She had meetings with equestrian organizations due to her status of candidate for the FEI Presidency..Very beautiful and so kind person!:)

venif7.jpg

Source; Slavko Midžor/24sata

Ianna said:
HRH Princess Haya Bint Al Hussein in Zagreb, Croatia on 11th April..She had meetings with equestrian organizations due to her status of candidate for the FEI Presidency..Very beautiful and so kind person!:)

1 more from DPA
vffla1.jpg

Apr 11, 2006
Zagreb, CROATIA
Princess HAYA BINT AL HUSSEIN of Jordan, wife of the Ruler of Dubai Crown Prince Sheikh Mohammed Bin Rashid Al Maktoum, during a press conference at hotel Sheraton in Zagreb, Croatia on Apr. 11, 2006.

th_76858_h5.jpg

Photo by Slavko Midzor/ZUMA Press

Princess Haya
Pictures from profimedia.de

Attachments

• NWS-977164.jpg
    NWS-977164.jpg
    25.3 KB · Views: 506
  • NWS-977140.jpg
    NWS-977140.jpg
    43.8 KB · Views: 470
  • NWS-977134.jpg
    NWS-977134.jpg
    49 KB · Views: 521
  • NWS-977123.jpg
    NWS-977123.jpg
    43.3 KB · Views: 433
Elections for the FEI Presidency - detailed results

The election of the 13th FEI President held on 1 May took place over two rounds. The total valid ballots cast consisted of 123 National Federations (102 present and 21 represented by a proxy), and 15 Bureau Members.

http://www.horsesport.org/E/e_01_01.lasso?vID=1157

Pictures HRH Princess Haya, FEI President
Peter Llewellyn

Attachments

• F0106.jpg
    F0106.jpg
    12.6 KB · Views: 440
  • post-45-1146532533.jpg
    post-45-1146532533.jpg
    16.8 KB · Views: 1,310
PRINCESS HAYA RIDING HIGH AFTER ELECTION VICTORY

It would appear Zara Phillips isn't the only pretty royal making an impression on the world of horsemanship, as Jordan's Princess Haya has been elected president of the International Federation for Equestrian Sport.

King Abdullah's half-sister, who has been riding internationally since the age of 13, has been entrusted to oversee the work of the IFE for the next four years. The popular royal, who turns 32 on Wednesday, brings many years of experience to her new role.

The princess has competed for her country at numerous events, including the 2000 Sydney Olympics and the 2002 World Equestrian Games, and, having represented Jordan at the IFE's general assembly on several occasions, she also knows a thing or two about the politics involved in running the organisation.

http://www.hellomagazine.com/royalty/2006/05/02/princesshaya/

More pictures of Princess Haya, Photo by Ammar Abd Rabbo/ABACAUSA.COM

Attachments

• 488879.jpg
    488879.jpg
    147.2 KB · Views: 482
  • 488878.jpg
    488878.jpg
    105.5 KB · Views: 473
  • 488877.jpg
    488877.jpg
    115.5 KB · Views: 488
  • 488876.jpg
    488876.jpg
    162.5 KB · Views: 457
  • 488870.jpg
    488870.jpg
    141.5 KB · Views: 438
  • 488871.jpg
    488871.jpg
    130.3 KB · Views: 670
  • 488872.jpg
    488872.jpg
    126.1 KB · Views: 559
  • 488873.jpg
    488873.jpg
    127 KB · Views: 573
  • 488874.jpg
    488874.jpg
    119.2 KB · Views: 634
  • 488875.jpg
    488875.jpg
    154.2 KB · Views: 470
pictures of Princess Haya, Photo by Ammar Abd Rabbo/ABACAUSA.COM

Attachments

• 488848.jpg
    488848.jpg
    120.6 KB · Views: 458
  • 488853.jpg
    488853.jpg
    122.8 KB · Views: 565
  • 488854.jpg
    488854.jpg
    108.8 KB · Views: 473
  • 488865.jpg
    488865.jpg
    136.2 KB · Views: 432
  • 488868.jpg
    488868.jpg
    142.5 KB · Views: 398
I think Laraib meant the Ambassador position instead of the FEI position, but I could be wrong. Besides, Angelina already is a UN ambassador. Happy 32nd birthday, Princess Haya.

Princess Haya of Jordan celebrates her birthday two days in advance she is born a May 3rd during a gala dinner , as she has just been elected president of the International Equestrian Federation FEI in Kuala Lumpur , Malaysia , on May 1st , 2006.

from dpa

Attachments

• 086101_4.jpg
    086101_4.jpg
    66.5 KB · Views: 700
  • 090401_4.jpg
    090401_4.jpg
    49.8 KB · Views: 591
She looks sure of herself more than anytime before. This is good to see.

I love her dress, the one she wore for the gala dinner, but I don't think women that are her height should wear long dresses. I think if it had stopped mid calf, it would have looked better on her.

Princess Haya looks so wonderful and happy in all the recent pictures. I love that she's getting a higher profile, particularly for her work with charities. Though is it my imagination or does it look like she has gained weight in the last group of pictures? I think its probably the dress, it doesnt do much for her figure but she looks quite elegant. Her hair, makeup, and jewellery is soft and pretty.
I also love the pictures from Malaysia, she looks absolutely stunning in the white dress.

ps. a belated Happy Birthday to Princess Haya and congrats on her election as president of the IFE.

blyton said:
I saw Princess Haya yesterday at The Races in Newmarket for The 1000 Guineas,she looks really nice she was with her husband Sheikh Mohammed,his horse came 4th!.She looked very happy and seems to be a very nice person.

She must have a busy schedule. Malaysia, England, then France. I forgot that SMo has a jet, but what about PH? did she fly private from Malaysia or did she fly Emirates?

Thanks for the recent pictures, the lace dress is quite unflattering, but the blue dress is wonderful!

purple_platinum said:
A pin of the 'FEI', given to the newly elected FEI president Princess Haya Bint Al Hussein, by Princess Dona Pilar de Bourbon who received it herself from the Princess Royal Ann. The pin is seen on Princess Haya dress as she attends the CSIO-La Baule Jumping in the French city of La Baule on May 5, 2006. It is her first public duty as president of the International Equestrian Federation, after she was elected on May 1st in Kuala Lumpur.

Photo by Ammar Abd Rabbo / Abaca http://s2.supload.com/free/490360.jpg/view/

she is really beautiful lady , i love how she stands in front of the Camera man wearing very simple dress and putting no make up , she is a real princess ;)

suria said:
she is really beautiful lady , i love how she stands in front of the Camera man wearing very simple dress and putting no make up , she is a real princess ;)

That would be true if it weren't for the fact you can see she is wearing foundation, blusher and what appears to be a nude matte lipstick.

Little_star said:
That would be true if it weren't for the fact you can see she is wearing foundation, blusher and what appears to be a nude matte lipstick.

you call this make up .........

suria said:
you call this make up .........

What else would you call it? Not that it's of any relevance really, the vast majority of women, whether they are rich or famous, poor or old wear make-up, so whether Haya does or doesn't isn't particularly important.

Last edited:
Princess Haya is definately happier and may she continue to help others. If this is the result and those she helps positively benefit from her positive efforts, Go Haya Go! :) :) :D

desertrosemrk said:
More pictures of Princess Haya, Photo by Ammar Abd Rabbo/ABACAUSA.COM

Well said. I'm glad to see that there are some whom are prepared (irrespective of their stance) prepared to look at this situation in a pragmatic manner :)

sommone said:
Thank you for pointing this out. I've tried to in previous posts....

Wouldn't be a first time...something similar was suggested. The difference was the other poster felt she should help muslims first, then everyone else. However, she is already doing that.:confused: :cool:

I think people will always have various opinions on a certain person. Besides, we could not please all persons with what we are doing. And moreover, the common people worldwide would not really get the whole idea behind what these prominent persons are doing or planning because we only hear and learn a slice of their real motives and plans.

But in relation to what Princess Haya is doing as of the moment. I heartily congratulate her for all the achievements she has now. I think she is happier these times as a royal because she is working with things and causes that are close to her heart. One example is that her passion as an equestrian will be further shown since she has obtained the presidency of the FEI. I hope she will perform more things that will be of great help to many people.

Back
Top Bottom