Princess Haya and the FEI

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I think she will be voted out...JMO.

I think she will be voted out...JMO.

@ Scooter - she voted herself out when she stopped the horse from racing. That horse may have been injured, but I'm sure his trainer as well as owner knew it. That was her learning curve of failing to play politics... That lesson will cost her.

I know some viewed love the horses...however, these raise are about money as well as power, and NO one wants to be taken out of game!

This year 2010 is a good time to watch her, she is also, coming up on her third year with the UN...she's been talking so much smack about them...they may see her go. The funny thing is most of it is true, however her deliver of the message is just tacky.

Wasn't she just having a wishful moment in that interview? I am sure should would like to go, but this is the Olympics. IMO to compete in the olympics she would have to be competing regularly and get a ranking. This is not a train and turn up event and there are limited spots. For P Haya to get a place above someone else who has been competiting regularly and training hard would be very bad PR for her.

The conflict with her proposed second term as FEI President is another huge issue. The FEI are involved in all stages of the Olympic preparations. She'd have to step aside from the main event of the FEI and all the events she would need to compete in. How would that work?

I know, I had my doubts from the first moment I read it. It's highly unlikely, if not impossible IMO. ;) Anyway, thanks for your reply Kerry!

Facing the facts...

I would agree she was just talking out loud...I could be mistaken, but its my understanding that she NEVER completed any of her races...:bang: Either she is injured or its the horse....:ROFLMAO:

I could be wrong...Or maybe I'm talking out loud...LOL :lol:

I would agree she was just talking out loud...I could be mistaken, but its my understanding that she NEVER completed any of her races...:bang: Either she is injured or its the horse....:ROFLMAO:

I could be wrong...Or maybe I'm talking out loud...LOL :lol:

Do you mean that she never competed and did well in a competition? :ermm:

I was referring to her never completing or finishing a race, let alone have done well in a competition? Once again, I could be wrong and have no objections to being corrected. Thanks :)

Do you mean that she never competed and did well in a competition? :ermm:

I was referring to her never completing or finishing a race, let alone have done well in a competition? Once again, I could be wrong and have no objections to being corrected. Thanks :)

I dont know how good she was but she must of been good to qualify for the olympics. She wouldve had to compete in a few competions and win the top few places.
As for now, there has been no news of her competing in any competion for her to qualify for 2012.

FEI President supports EU in promoting animal identification and traceability

Speaking to top European Veterinary officials attending the third European Veterinary Week (EVW) in Brussels today, the FEI President highlighted the need to create a clear distinction between the sport horse as an equine athlete and livestock that is part of the food chain...

Picture & Full Article

Princess Haya's full speech can be found here

Last edited:
I really wish her highness the best of luck in the coming elections ; knowing that others mentioned her failure or mistakes in some aspects but sure she has her advisers or consultants whom had some certain of vision for this sport , they might be wrong but at least elections encourages new faces and experiences that helps to make better future so I am sure Haya is doing her best ..

I really wish her highness the best of luck in the coming elections ; knowing that others mentioned her failure or mistakes in some aspects but sure she has her advisers or consultants whom had some certain of vision for this sport , they might be wrong but at least elections encourages new faces and experiences that helps to make better future so I am sure Haya is doing her best ..

Her choices were for the welfare of the horses but the trainers/riders were not too happy since they did not benefit from the rules.
She's been working hard for a better sport and I do agree with the changes made ex, the olympics removing/changing one of the jumps, was for horse & rider saftey and there was a big debate on how she interferred.

[FONT=Verdana, Times New Roman, Times, Serif]FEI president visits Bermuda[/FONT]

...quick visit to Bermuda on Wednesday to meet with the Board members of the Bermuda Equestrian Federation (BEF)...

Article & Picture

I dont know how good she was but she must of been good to qualify for the olympics. She wouldve had to compete in a few competions and win the top few places.
As for now, there has been no news of her competing in any competion for her to qualify for 2012.

Haya's qualification was a bit shady, so to say. I cant provide any link but I recall that the rules were "interpreted" in her favour. It was a political decision too since Jordan did not have any global sports figures at the time, with the Kings' daughter competing there was a lot of media coverage.

At that time Haya trained in Germany and I recall that her level of riding was average although she was very ambitious; she was nowhere near the world class level of the German equipe.

In Sydney, Haya fell off her horse twice, listing her at the end of the competitor field. But as usual with Haya, she is able to get her own message across. Yes, she is an olympic rider, but her wording in interviews makes people rather think that she won a gold medal for Jordan and not landed on her backside.

Haya flirting with competing again is just fishing for compliments or attention - I cant seriously see her making a return as a competitor. Being qualified for Jordan is not the problem but the high chance of being listed at the very end of the olympic field, again, might well put her off.

I personally dont think she will be reelected, one reason she got the job was her background (her husband's money) but she also brought along a lot of controversy and discord.

The FEI will need a calm president who doesnt polarise that much and doesnt get into conflict of interest (eg her husband's doping case) as easily as Haya.

^ Thanks for the insight view, Duke! :flowers: What can I say? Besides, I never followed her 'olympic career'... But if that's true, then I'm quite shocked. How can they fool the people (or themselves) without any guilt!? :ermm:

^ Thanks for the insight view, Duke! :flowers: What can I say? Besides, I never followed her 'olympic career'... But if that's true, then I'm quite shocked. How can they fool the people (or themselves) without any guilt!? :ermm:

I wouldn't say she had much of an "Olympic career" the media did attack her, for not being prepared physically for the race; however, they also masked those comments with the recent death of her father. The question will never be answered, if she was a good racer or not mentally prepared because of her father. IMO she was not prepared....:whistling::whistling::whistling: After that race she completed in other things but, never winning falling or stopping saying she was having horse difficulties...what ever...People wanted her to be successful...she just didn't deliver.

Getting re-elected...won't happen. She ran a campaign and use to talk about DRUG-FREE racing..how others failed:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:to (previous FEI presidents) stop riders and owners from giving the horses drugs. And what happend to her personally, well first it was hubby and son. FEI is very protective of its reputation. I have a good friend who says here in US, the derby tickets sell out day one...and that it was a "exclusive club".

Princess Haya was a wild card to the olympics and she did very badly. The Olympics are full of wild cards. How can sport develop and be global unless countries which aren't currently winning compete and begin by this enthusiasm to do better? That is also what Haya is meant to stand for on the FEI. Developing the sport past its normal boundaries and countries. The sport was very USA and Europe limited.

Well that's the idealogy anyway, personally think Haya has been a disappointment. She overstates the olympic thing and has been a poor leader of the FEI IMO. She is not very democratic IMO. The vote on doping list was lost because people were not given time to look at it properly.

But I am not sure she won't win again but will have to get two thirds? I heard she was the strongest candidate. It is one nation vote isn't it and the other two candidates split the europe vote. Isn't that why she is out in the Carribean?

Princess Haya faces opposition in approaching FEI election

An apparent lack of confidence in Princess Haya among European federations has led two senior figures to oppose her bid for re-election as president of the FEI, horse sport's international governing body.

The Princess must win a two-thirds majority of 133 member federation votes.

Princess Haya faces opposition in approaching FEI election - Equestrian news, equine news, horse news - Horse & Hound

{The key points in this article is senior officials and the 133 members which are primaryly British members}. :whistling:

Princess Haya to face European challenge for FEI President

May 23 - Princess Haya's postion as President of the International Equestrian Federation (FEI) is to be challenged later this year by Sweden's Sven Holmberg and Holland's Henk Rottinghuis, a sign of the lack of confidence among leading European nations in her leadership.

It will be the first time that a President has ever faced a challenge when standing for re-election.

insidethegames.biz -Princess Haya to face European challenge for FEI President

{We must remember this sport is dominated by the British, its not truly International}.

Last edited by a moderator:
I wouldn't say she had much of an "Olympic career" the media did attack her, for not being prepared physically for the race; however, they also masked those comments with the recent death of her father. The question will never be answered, if she was a good racer or not mentally prepared because of her father. IMO she was not prepared....:whistling::whistling::whistling: After that race she completed in other things but, never winning falling or stopping saying she was having horse difficulties...what ever...People wanted her to be successful...she just didn't deliver.

The olympics is a big competition, obviousley you are going to have people who will do bad and good, Haya was someone who didnt do too good. We learn from our mistakes.
Must also remember when competing with other big riders, its not that easy. She might of gotten her olympic place as she was choosen from a few of the rgion but comprting with highly pro's, its not that easy.

The people who vote on her re-election are the 133 national federations who are listed as being able to vote. That is 133 different countries. See list of countries on FEI website. Link: http://www.fei.org/fei-members/national-federations

Haya was already supported in her nominations by South American and Middle East countries. Trinidad, Bermuda and Barbados all have a vote. That is why she was there canvassing. I don't suspect she expects to get the US or European vote.

Jordanian princess visits equestrian centre

...When asked which posed the bigger challenge, being a competitive rider or an administrator, Princess Haya answered without a moment’s hesitation.
“The administration by far,” she laughed.
Princess Haya said while equestrian sport has a very strong European base; one of her main goals is to spread the sport around the globe...
Article & Picture

Jordan Princess impressed with Barbados

...She also noted that a development task force had been set up within the FEI to see how they could assist smaller nations...
Article & Picture ** Picture 2

Last edited:
Dazzling thanks for sharing this,i quit like the photos Haya looks radiant and happy.
the coverage for her visit was poor...pitty.

Dazzling thanks for sharing this,i quit like the photos Haya looks radiant and happy.
the coverage for her visit was poor...pitty.

Poor coverage but it seemed like a nice visit. She visited quite a few places and differemt countries which is always fun in work.

Timetable announced for FEI Congress on in-competition use of NSAIDs

FEI President HRH Princess Haya will give the opening address at the two-day Congress, which will be chaired by Sven Holmberg, FEI First Vice President. Both days will include panel discussions, when National Federations, vets, officials, Riders Clubs, Organisers, FEI Laboratories, racing and breeding authorities, sponsors, the IOC and the media will have the opportunity to debate the issue further...
Full Article

Location & date
Olympic Museum in Lausanne, Switzerland
16 and 17 August 2010.

Back
Top Bottom