Princess Haya and the FEI

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Chinese rider Alex Hua Tian (C) poses with President of Federation Equestre Internationnale (FEI) Jordanian Princess Haya Bint Al-Hussein (R) during the awarding ceremony in Copenhagen, Denmark, Nov. 19, 2009. The 20-year-old Alex Hua Tian, the first Chinese rider ever to compete in Olympic equestrian events, won FEI's first HSBC Rising Star award here during the FEI General Assembly.

Picture

thank you for the video , lovely Grey dress

Fireworks in Copenhagen: FEI general assembly blog - Equestrian news, equine news, horse news - Horse & Hound
I would totally agree with switzerland on this one. There should be strict rules about doping any of the horses. As said in the video there are two athletes in this sport: the horse and the man sitting on its back. I think that horses should be well watched after, doping them only damadges their health. Such an act is considered to be very selfish, going against nature and consequently leading toward destruction; therefore wrong. Wonder on which side Princess Haya is standing.

Fireworks in Copenhagen: FEI general assembly blog - Equestrian news, equine news, horse news - Horse & Hound
I would totally agree with switzerland on this one. There should be strict rules about doping any of the horses. As said in the video there are two athletes in this sport: the horse and the man sitting on its back. I think that horses should be well watched after, doping them only damadges their health. Such an act is considered to be very selfish, going against nature and consequently leading toward destruction; therefore wrong. Wonder on which side Princess Haya is standing.

i think everybody agrees that the horses should not get doping. But there is a thin line between doping a horse and refusing a horse medical treatment. That is the discussion.

I think Haya is for the medication, she refused to have a re-vote when members asked for it. Many vets from around the world have asked her to reconsider the voting since the medication is harmful to horses and should not be allowed.

FEI Veterinarians and Officials Send Letter of Protest to Princess Haya

The following letter was sent today (November 24, 2009) to FEI President Princess Haya in the wake of international confusion and turmoil over changes to FEI international competition policy. A rule change at last week's FEI General Assembly allowed the adoption of a "Progressive List" of medications for competition horses.
An ad hoc group of leading FEI officials and veterinarians from around the world joined in the writing of this formal letter of protest

The Jurga Report: Horse Health Headlines

I think Haya is for the medication, she refused to have a re-vote when members asked for it. Many vets from around the world have asked her to reconsider the voting since the medication is harmful to horses and should not be allowed.

Why would Haya be against medication that is harmful to horses? Medication is only medication when it cures or reduces pain. Otherwise it is dope imo.

i think everybody agrees that the horses should not get doping. But there is a thin line between doping a horse and refusing a horse medical treatment. That is the discussion.
If you read the article again, you will see in the last paragraph or before last actually, the question is about non-steroidal medication. These new medications (non-steroidal) are being now pushed to be on the list, as a new form of treatment. Steroids (which have an endless list of nominations by chemists) are all a form of a dope simply used to boost the system. Steroids are known and effective for many health problems, but have a lot of side affects that are very harmfull. Steroids are extremely common and many might think of it as an ordinary treatment, but the truth is: it does a lot of damadge especially on the long run. Therefore as I said in my earlier post, the question is clearly and only about dope (steroids). Logically I don't see why anybody would refuse horse treatment, not treating a horse can simply not be a discussion.Thank you.
The letter sent by the American vet on the other hand, says that many are not agreeing with the new medication list because they found that even these non-steroidal medications, contain susbstances that are harmfull and thus are proven to have side effects on the horses. The Vet simply says that animals that need any kind of serious treatment before competing are simply not welcome to compete because they are simply not considered to be fit. Giving them drugs and pushing them to compete is simply not acceptable. I certainly agree with that one.

Why would Haya be against medication that is harmful to horses? Medication is only medication when it cures or reduces pain. Otherwise it is dope imo.

The medication has side effects such as causing ulsers in horses. Haya has the disiccion for a revote but did not go for it when members asked.
The medication was once banned and Aachen games said they will still ban the use even when the FEI has put it back on the list.

FEI president Princess Haya defends controversial drug rule - Telegraph
Performance restoring is performance enhancing. If you have to alter performance to restoration, it simply means that you enhance it from its actual state. Humans are not able to get the dosages right for any kind of human system restoration so, I think that there is no argument that stands right here for accepting the use of these drugs.

P.Haya atteneded the opeing if the FEI childrens competition in Abu Dhabi.
She wore a recycled bluw thoub with brown beads and a brown/tan pashmina around her neck. Hair was in a ponytail.

welcome bettina , I searched for more for this event but in vain
I hope she will attend the Dubai cinema festival closure tomorrow .

I just love Princess Haya's pashama- she looks great today!

Thanks for the pic! Now i wonder who the guy next her is and the little girl next to him.
But really thanks :flowers::flowers::flowers: We have not seen much of Haya these weeks.

The guy next to her is Sheikh Sheikhbout bin Nahyan the son of the Minister of Higher education. Sheikh Sheikhbout is one of the promising show jumpers in the UAE who is making a name for himself. The young girl is his sisters daughter if im not mistaken.

Xavi83, thank you for the picture :flowers:

Haya opens international children's equestrian event

"As the President of the FEI, I am fully confident that these tournaments will continue to evolve and progress over the course of the years, ensuring further development of the sport through successive generations of well-trained riders," said Princess Haya, a former Olympics contestant.
"Horse riding, as a local tradition across much of Arabia, particularly the UAE... - Full Article

Back
Top Bottom