Princess Haya and the FEI

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
awesome i love the BIG pictures from the horse race...awesome thanx
I'm glad you like them, I'm the one who took the photos actually :)
Many visitors from this forum has seen those pictures, too bad no one has commented in flickr - so I had to go in here and see what you thought of them :D

Jenny's horse sense earns a global award

...Presenting the award, HRH Princess Haya Bint Al Hussein, president of the Federation Equestre International (FEI), explained: "A good international groom isn't just good with the horses but in order to ensure the horses welfare and happiness... - Full Article

if she agreed to step aside, she should refer all questions to the person who is now in charge. i do not understand why she continues to make this investigation about herself. her statements are also not very cohesive.they are always very wordy with little substance.

It is called an "on the fence" position.:lol: By sitting in the middle and not taking a direct side by being vague and pointing fingers she can turn to whichever side suits her position best. SUCH AS: No, the doping was not that bad, my enemies are trying to make it more than it really is to embarass or unseat me, OR: See, I stepped aside and let another take charge of the investigation. But my time was well spent as my husband and I conducted our own investigation and these are the results. I held my own husband accountable so I will hold others accountable, see what a great president I am? :ROFLMAO:

This is a very interesting worth reading article in what Haya has to say :D

(quote from dazzling's link)
Addressing the situation to The Associated Press, Princess Haya said she fears that a "few individuals" who oppose "the increase in democracy and the fight against corruption in the FEI" will use the doping revelation to undermine her position. "I have no doubt ... that they will use this case in any way they can to injure and damage the reputations of myself and my family," the princess said in an e-mail reply to the AP.

Uh, Haya hinting at some nasty conspirators - very poor and unprofessional to voice such unfounded accusations and make this personal. Mixing up the issues that are concerning Haya herself with those concerning FEI as organisation is not the kind of crisis management that is needed now.

Doping is a serious issue, moreover as horse events are part of the Olympics and the horses compete there as "athletes", being subject to the same rules and regulations as their human counterparts.

(quote from dazzling's link)
Addressing the situation to The Associated Press, Princess Haya said she fears that a "few individuals" who oppose "the increase in democracy and the fight against corruption in the FEI" will use the doping revelation to undermine her position. "I have no doubt ... that they will use this case in any way they can to injure and damage the reputations of myself and my family," the princess said in an e-mail reply to the AP.

Uh, Haya hinting at some nasty conspirators - very poor and unprofessional to voice such unfounded accusations and make this personal. Mixing up the issues that are concerning Haya herself with those concerning FEI as organisation is not the kind of crisis management that is needed now.

Doping is a serious issue, moreover as horse events are part of the Olympics and the horses compete there as "athletes", being subject to the same rules and regulations as their human counterparts.

I red the whole article and saw little wrong in it. Haya is not making unfounded accusations, she is not saying the whole thing is set up to bring her down. She is absolutely not trivalising the use of doping. She is just saying that there are people who will use the affair against her family and to their own advantage. I think she has a point in that and she is free to say so.

Maybe, but my opinion on this is i think Haya has not been giving priorities to her responsiblities as FEI president. She has been concentrating too much on her other roles. How could she not notice that her Husband horse had some steroids, i don't think its the first time.

Scoring explored by FEI's dressage task force

...followed a request by FEI president Princess Haya for the entire committee to resign, saying it did not fully represent the interests of the dressage community... - Full Article

Under-pressure Olympic dressage official resigns Friday

...The announcement came as FEI president Princess Haya of Jordan addressed officials from around 80 national federations at their annual assembly in Buenos Aires, Argentina.
She told the assembly that "no one committee is bigger than the sport." ... - Full Article

I was just wondering, How much saying does Haya have in making decisions?

FEI official avoids ban as Olympic probe starts

...Princess Haya of Jordan, the FEI president, said the verdict had proved the tribunal's independence.... - Article

Last edited by a moderator:
International Equestrian Federation (FEI) President and IOC member Princess Haya Bint Al Hussein who is the wife of ruler of Dubai and UAE Prime Minister, General Sheikh Mohammed Bin Rashid Al Maktoum poses for photos with FEI Secretary General Alex McLin, right and Lord Stevens who is chairing an FEI Ethics Panel after a meeting in London to discuss FEI's efforts in the fight against doping to ensure clean and fair sporting in London on Tuesday, June 30, 2009.
Photo from AP Photo - News, photos, topics, and quotes
Photo from AP Photo - News, photos, topics, and quotes

unfortunately I can't read it - you need to login to read the article.

unfortunately I can't read it - you need to login to read the article.

Lyra,
Maybe you've heard about the case of Hanfried Haring whom Haya tried to get rid off. He was accussed to have knowledge about the doping manipulations in Hongkong. There were plenty of articles on this early June 2009, e.g. Sueddeutsche, focus ...

Hanfried's successor as General Secretary Soenke Lauterbach admits that communication with Haya is difficult. Attacking Hanfried was one thing, but when it came to the doping reproaches against Haya's husband Sheikh Mohammed she simply delegated the affair and managed to get out of it. No surprise that some people have difficulties with that ...

But this is just the surface. Beneath there is a power struggle going on between the traditional equestrian countries of Europe and Northern America, among them Germany, and Haya's group of small countries. Important votes are lost as those small countries have the majority. However, Haring sais that 90% of all events take place in the traditional countries. The influence of the small countries in decision making leads to wrong developments they say, e.g. in the so called Nationenpreis, which was extended ... following the will of Haya. It is said that this will destroy Europe's horses and events.

The lady does not seem to be an integrative negotiator ... no skill for compromise.

Thank you for the explanation,

no I haven't heard of all of that, all I've heard where roumers that Haya wants Endurance Riding as an olympic discipline instead of Dressage.
Of course this will enrage the german FN (Fédération Nationale - deutsche reiterliche Vereinigung), because here is the Endurance Racing not very common but the Germans are successful in Dressage Riding.

Posts projecting member's own psychoanalysis of Princess Haya as fact have been removed.

Warren
UAE moderator

German equestrian doping clampdown attacked

...This week, HRH Princess Haya, president of the FEI, has been giving briefings on the progress of the FEI's concurrent clean sport and ethics commissions... - Full Article

Here's another pic from today:

Princess Haya of Jordan clatches hands from the stands during the
victory ceremony of the ROLEX Grand Prix of Aachen on July 5, 2009
in Aachen, Germany.

----> Pic

Aachen's Closing Ceremony is Always Magic

As Princess Haya Bint Al Hussein President of the FEI stated in her closing speech "Aachen is the heart of the Equestrian World." And she is right. American showjumper Ashlee Bond was the perfect example of how a rider feels the love from the heart of the German crowd... - Full Article

3 pictures not posted before

http://img22.imageshack.us/img22/5801/116962.jpg
http://img43.imageshack.us/img43/4838/116963.jpg
http://img193.imageshack.us/img193/4646/116964.jpg

Last edited:
She looks beautifull and really looks great in red! :flowers:

Last edited by a moderator:
Haya had an interview with a German paper Frankfurter Allgemeine Zeitung where she talks of doping rules in the FEI - Article

Back
Top Bottom