Princess Haya and the FEI

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Princess Haya of Dubai attends the 'CSIO Barcelona 2013: 102nd International Show Jumping' on September 28, 2013 in Barcelona, Spain

She looks very relaxed and not according to the protocol, almost seems she is underway privately. Likable! Winsome lady!

Last edited:
this is so surprising
Princess Haya of Jordan, wife of Dubai ruler Sheikh Mohammed, will step down as president of FEI
Princess Haya of Jordan has announced she will not seek a third term as president of the International Equestrian Federation (FEI), days after opponents flagged up her alleged “conflict of interest” as wife of Sheikh Mohammed, ruler of Dubai, in trying to reduce doping and horse welfare issues in endurance riding in the Middle East.

I don't think it's surprising. It would've been hypocritical of her to stay around for a third term when she herself introduced a two-term limit.
Her statement on the FEI website makes it clear.
And the article headline is kind of misleading, she's not stepping down, she's simply not seeking a third term (she will complete her second term).

I don't think it's surprising. It would've been hypocritical of her to stay around for a third term when she herself introduced a two-term limit.
Her statement on the FEI website makes it clear.
And the article headline is kind of misleading, she's not stepping down, she's simply not seeking a third term (she will complete her second term).

Certainly the media like to use misleading headlines because it is an easy way to create a little bit of a stir ;-)
Princess Haya never wanted to keep this position forever, now her presidency at FEI is ending, but I am sure she will find a new job where she can use her energy and influence for a good cause. I believe it is important that the FEI presidency is limited, it is good when there is a change in leadership from time to time :flowers:

I think this is wise decision due to all the recent circumstances I presonally think she was terrific president but everythings have an end I wishe her good luck what ever she decide next.

Show and tell: at the Furusiyya FEI Nations Cup Jumping Final in Barcelona
thenational.ae

Princess Haya insists she will stand down as FEI president at end of second term next year
telegraph.co.uk

Princess Haya insists she will stand down as FEI president at end of second term next year ......

I have great respect for the clear attitude of Princess Haya. When a person stands by its word, then this attested of well-established personality and a strong character.

I have great respect for the clear attitude of Princess Haya. When a person stands by its word, then this attested of well-established personality and a strong character.

That´s very true, she has shown a lot of commitment and sincerity, I am glad she keeps true to her own words!
I wonder who is going to take over when her Presidency at FEI is over, are there any possible future candidates known?

Last edited:
She is a very nice and beautiful woman :flowers:

thanks for tha Artices and pics.
she don't don't like a woman in her 40th;
she is lovely lady.:)

Princess Haya at the Rolex Grand Prix jumping competition during the 2014 CHIO Aachen tournament in Aachen, Germany, today, July 20, 2014.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 **

FEI’s Princess Haya honored at Aachen
FEI President Princess Haya has been presented with the Prize of the City of Aachen in recognition of her long-standing commitment to equestrian sport.

It's lovely seeing Haya recognised for her Equestrian efforts. She is a loyal and dedicated worker. I hope a few more pictures surface. It's a pity that there is not much news or media recognition for her work.

Good. After the well publicised drugging scandal with her husband's race horses, she would not have been able to censure others for doing the same thing, without looking like a total hypocrite. It was the right thing to do for the sport, IMO.

Back
Top Bottom