Princess Haya and the FEI

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Thanks Xavi! Then she is in Taiwan. The FEi election is soon, true?

It will be interesting. Her support of the disqualification of Sapphire and M Ward will be an issue. On the other hand I completely agree with her position to allow certain levels of NSAIDs in FEI competitions. The horses (usually 10-12ish) who have been successfully campained enough to make the team should be allowed an 'ibuprofen' or two along the way. The percussive injuries as well as the soft tissue/ligament/tendon wear and tear accumulated along the way are certainly entitled to an asprin here or there IMO.

FEI HOLDS DRAW FOR ORDER IN MEET THE CANDIDATES SESSION
Taipei, 2 November 2010

The FEI held a draw today (Tuesday, 2 November) to determine the order in which the three Presidential candidates will make their presentations at Thursday’s Meet the Candidates session in Taipei, the day before the Presidential election...
Full article

Here is a german article from today about Princess Haya and the FEI.

The German Equestrian Federation wants to prevent her re-election and rather go for the Swedish FEI Vice president Sven Holmberg. European associations criticize especially personnel decisions, the coup-like resolution of the democratically elected Dressage Committee and and the lax attitude in the fight against doping. Still, with her aid program she has been popular in other parts of the world so the choice is completely open.

Google Translation

she looks absolutely stunning in the taiwan pics

she looks absolutely stunning in the taiwan pics

I have read in H&H she was re elected ; we are happy for her :

Princess Haya is re-elected as president of the FEI - Equestrian news, equine news, horse news - Horse & Hound

The Princess received overwhelming support in a vote by the FEI general assembly today (Friday, 5 November) in Taipei, and was given a standing ovation as she accepted the role for another four years.

From 124 possible votes, 90 national federations backed Princess Haya for president, 23 voted for Sven Holmberg and 11 voted for Henk Rottinghuis. One federation abstained.

Last edited by a moderator:
Me too xavi .. she looks very happy :) GOD bless her.

It was an unexpected landslide victory. She got 90 votes of a total 124 valid ballots. I am happy for her.
Congratulations for her!

Congratulations to Princess Haya! Looking forward to seeing her take part in more events involving the FEI, it's obviously something she enjoys and is dedicated to.

Congratulations to HRH Princess Haya :) She deserves the best! I've never heard of a hard working princess like her, people who work with her are extremely fascinated by how much work and pressure she can handle with no rest. God bless you Sitti :)

Congratulations to Princess Haya :flowers: Lovely pics, she looks great! :)

Congrat's on her win, happy for her to be re-elected. It seems that even if some countries did not agree with her & made a big fuss out of it (where I think she was right all the way) other countries thought she was doing a good job.

Last edited:
November 5, 2010 Taipei

FEI 2010 Awards
pic 1--pic 2

Last edited by a moderator:
FEI 2010 Awards
pic

Would love to see a bigger picture. She looks really happy & that must be a big relief that the voting is done and over with. Not sure about the hair up-do, seems a bit high.

Back
Top Bottom