Poetry of Sheikh Mohammed and Crown Prince Hamdan

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Maybe it is funny for you, but I have a look at inner qualities by the ladies. They are more important for me than a beautiful outside with a empty content. I'm serious.

I believe you,but unfortunately you are in a scaringly small minority and a lot of men are constantly picking on their girls to make them invest more time & efforts in their looks,lose weight or change the colour of their hair:sad: The irony is that a lot of men men expect women to be slim,smart,funny,young & look like the distorted,surreal images of women in glossy fashion magazines while at the same time they are obese,boring and uneducated:whistling:

I think we can all agree that poetry is extremely open to individual interpretation by it's reader. We can never be completely sure what the writer was thinking when he/she wrote it. Poets can take on personas when writing, I know I have when writing some of my poetry. You channel another person, whether fictional or real, when writing the poem. Sometimes it can reflect the author, other times it might not. For example, here's a poem I wrote recently.

The Existence of Love
by:Kalila18
Love is a fallacy.

Love, merely a factor in impoverishment.
Love, that which bewitches both alike.
Love, a fatal twist for all involved.
Love, the ultimate fantasy that fails to thrill.
Love, that which rips what is left of a beautiful life.
Love, an atrocious beast sent to ruin us all.
Love, a fleeting fire that only burns; leaving choking ash.
Love, romance is it's only downfall.

Love is a fallacy.

I wrote this when I was going through a rough patch in my life, but it had nothing to do with love at all, at least when I wrote it. I just used it as a metaphor for my feelings at the time.

I think we can all agree that poetry is extremely open to individual interpretation by it's reader. We can never be completely sure what the writer was thinking when he/she wrote it. Poets can take on personas when writing, I know I have when writing some of my poetry. You channel another person, whether fictional or real, when writing the poem. Sometimes it can reflect the author, other times it might not. For example, here's a poem I wrote recently.

Yes,it´s true that for writing stories/poems you can slip into other people´s mind and create the story as if it was your personal experience,some are so skilled that everyone believes the novel or song they created is autobiographical while it is a conglomerat of stories you´ve heard,read in the newspapers & mixed up with your own imagination and feelings.

Maybe you´ve heard the song "Jeanie" by Falco,it´s a marvelous song-captivating,strong and tragic at the same time because the singer/songwriter wrote it after he heard about the rape & murder of a young girl.He was so shocked,moved and also angry about this so he used his emotions to create that song and express his feelings.It was written as if it were from the rapist himself and the public was shocked and wanted to ban the song because they believed it was promoting sexual violence against women.Still today-many years after it was released, the song is quite controversial!
Or take the song "I don´t like Mondays"-it sounds very joyful and pretty,but when you read the lyrics you will be shocked by the story behind the song.It was about a boy who shot a young woman because he doesn´t like Mondays and she happened to be at the wrong place at the wrong time:sad:

Back to the topic-I think that Sheikh Hamdan knows every line of his poems will be analyzed to death by his fans & critics as well-so he should not be surprised that everyone is wondering about the mystery girl he is writing about!Being single with no kids-with his looks,family background and the large crowd of female admirers is strange or at least raises a few questions.
But using charlieprk´s quote we could say he might want to enjoy the milk without having to buy the cow;-)

However I don´t think he wants to be single forever,as he seems to enjoy spending time with children a lot & if he wants children it is only fair that he marries that girl who is giving him children.At least that´s what I believe is the right thing to do,but maybe I am too old-fashioned :unsure:

However I don´t think he wants to be single forever,as he seems to enjoy spending time with children a lot & if he wants children it is only fair that he marries that girl who is giving him children.At least that´s what I believe is the right thing to do,but maybe I am too old-fashioned :unsure:

I'm sure, one day he will find his "Mrs. Right". At the right time, with the right lady (or ladies???) he wants to be a father of a couple of sweet kids. Sheikh Hamdan is still young. @blauerengel: sometimes the "old fashioned style" is the best way to be happy.

Back to the topic-I think that Sheikh Hamdan knows every line of his poems will be analyzed to death by his fans & critics as well-so he should not be surprised that everyone is wondering about the mystery girl he is writing about!Being single with no kids-with his looks,family background and the large crowd of female admirers is strange or at least raises a few questions.

If Sheikh Hamdans "large crowd of female adimirers" analyzed his poems to death and believe to discover a mysterious unnamed lady behind some verses, than first it is the readers problem to think so. Sometimes a poem should not too much seasoned with personal assumptions. Only, enjoy Sheikh Hamdans art of dealing with the words. ;)

Last edited:
Imanmajed,can you tell us what you think about that poem,I could not really make much sense out of it...well,at least I know that obviously the person in the poem was left by a beautiful girl because of his mistakes or egoism but I don´t understand how Arab horses,camels and birds have anything to do with a broken heart or an unlucky miserable relationship?
I think that poem is not from his own experience but rather his imagination and creativity,he may have used a story that he has heard?When he recited the poems,he didn´t seem overly emotional or sad about the fact that this "queen of my heart" hes left him,but that´s only my impression.

“I am sorry” (or possibly Sorry,sorry)
How I loved the impossible, how I hauled impossibilities…until I reserved
my place in the first raw
I love a pure Arabian horse, because she symbolizes tradition… both in
Arab and non-Arab countries
And camels and birds and the sea and land and its fondness…and love
and kindness and poetry with every letter of its alhpabet
Poetry is state, and change into a thousand states… from humility to
love to hostility to arrogance
What I wrote I write from knowledge not from ignorance.. the sun of my
thoughts never sits and embers of my creativity are alive
A lover his his genuine feelings, and a poet has his imagination… He
plays his feelings on the strings of Samaritan melodies
The northen wind howled, and it felt like my heart from north… no south
could sense the wind outside
It’s all for the eyes of my beloved and the queen of my heart alone… a
queen with dark eyes and wild features
I remember every time the northen wind blew through her shawl… and
buckled around her slim body fold above fold
And I remember every time a branch bent, her body didn’t… Her body
has some of a branch’s curve and the branch has some
And I remember her morning laughter, and the night through it… and
her forehead like forenoon sun on Eid Al Adha
And I remember the color of her cheeks every time they mention her…
two red roses in a garden, not a vase
And I remember her smile, her tenderness and her fondness… the smile
of her lips and the naughty look in her eyes
Before she went and left me without a telling me or leaving me a
messaga… I’m narcissistic and in her love I never knew narcissism
What do I do with a loved one who considers my heart her property…
and the problems is my heart agrees and my inner self is satisfied
The problems is how I’m longing to her but I can’t get in touch… Love
judges, who can resolve my issue
Since she took my heart from my chest, she needs to find me a
replacement… and if she doesn’t have a replacement, she needs to give
it back
She shouldn’t leave me without a heart, it’s a burden for the lover… she
knows I have one intention, not fifty
If her heart tells her to stay away I still wouldn’t trade her… How would
I trade a beloved so dear, no one comes close
She shouldn’t part for long, and she should consider coming back a
favor…. and returning the favor is the duty of a real man
One look at my eyes, while we stand face to face… is enough and
makes up for not feeling her hands in mine
If I made a mistake, I told her a million times… a person makes mistakes
and repents, and God forgives his sins
How wide is every wilderness and how many grains of sands are there…
How many hard and soft branches are there on the face of the earth
And how many people go on a pilgrimage to the House of God and pack
their belongings… how many people say: May the Peace and the Grace
of Allah be Upon our prophet Mohammed
This is how many times I’m sorry… sorry, sorry, as long as I have the
ability to say sorry

A youtube video of that poem:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YZ50omYzzmA

Last edited:
On a fazza fanpage I also found this poem translated:

Three magic days had passed in my life

For three magic days , I fell in love and I loved you

For three magic days , I am spelling the bird ‘s speech

The speech is more benign than any kind of speeches

Look out for love ‘s letter , it is full of love

Live in my heart , live in your house

I am very thirsty but you are my water

impossible will be possible , just for you

If you want to sat in the sky , I will give you that

My love

The love is image without delineation

Its images are in every eye ‘s wink when I see you

My love

bid wants some of estimation if I announce for you I your liver and your dead

Three magic days had passed in my life

For three magic days , I fell in love and I loved you

For three magic days but I don’t know what the explanation is

But I know that

I loved you For three magic days

This seems to be a rather new one,
I found a translation on afangirlsguidetofazza-page:

You and I

Your face going through the veins of my heart and escalates the flow of my blood
god you have, envy and envy us
Reomve your scarf and put up your hair
the shyness has finished me and I
You are sweet and provided, you are beautiful hope
God enables character in lips and DNA
Those eyelashes that bend to provide shadow to the cheeks
Reverse, come and see my heart has not bent
Poison me yourself to cool me down
Destiny,! It is one of the arts of this world
I said, the sun is half present in Talha
The day has brightened and the roses have flowered and I am ready to leave for Jannah
As I say the light of your face shines the day
Heart’s game and tears of the eyes

You and I in Arabic,so that our Arabic-speakers can verify and decide wheter the translation comes close to the original:

ياللي تِـمر عْروق قلبي نَـظـرتك وتْتـلَّها
ألله عليك مْن الحسد واهل الحسد والله لنا
الشيله اللي فوق وجهك يا حبيبي شلَّها
خل الخجل منّك وسولف لي ما غير انته وانا
سوالفك حلوه ، ومن زود الغلا ما املّها
ألله من حرفٍ تمَكَّن في شفايفك وْ دَنا
إلى ثنيت رموشك اللي فوق خَدّك ظِلّها
يعكس تثنّاها ، تعال وشوف قلبي لا انثنى
إر سم لي اللهفه ودع نفسي تبرِّد غِلَّها
مصيرنا نفنى ، وكم واحد من الدنيا فنا
لو قلت إن الشمس ت شبه طلّتك في طلّها
يوم اشرقت والورد متفتِّح وجاهز للجنا
أقدر أقول لنور وجهك يوم تشرق ذلَّها
ميّزك من سوّاك عنها في الشروق وْفي السنا
القلب بَعْدك ثار ، والعين الدموع تهلَّها

honestly would hamdan be this oblivious, and at the same time this obvious,to write about a mysterious girl, if he has so many female followers? They would surely want to know who she was? And I cannot believe everything he writes is from his imagination purely, but I also don't believe he is single..whatever single means to the community..its TOO good to be true.

Last edited:
Well,I think exactly the same-somehow I can´t believe he is single but again,who knows?However I don´t think that he wrote that sorry-poem from his experience because when he was reciting it there was no pain or suffering in his voice and usually you would be quite sad when your fairytale romance has gone bad and your partner has left you.

Blauerengel..i agree with you aswel,either he is pulling from other stories or just from his imagination, which I must say is a good thing from an artist, a vivid imagination. I am afraid some people lose this as they get older and much wiser.

Last edited:
Poetry has something to do with the skill to experiment with words and feelings. Not decisive is that you have personally experienced the written. Imagination alone creates feelings in the reader or listener, which are linked to his/her conceptions or experiences. The mixing of topics greatly expand interpretations and stimulate our thought. Poetry is an art. And the best artist is who can write from deep inside the imagination and be able to open a space of emotions in the listener.

Note the length and end of each verse lines of Sheikh Hamdans poems which are posted in the thread in Arabic. Even without knowledge of Arabic language you would notice something......

Imanmajed,can you tell us what you think about that poem,I could not really make much sense out of it...well,at least I know that obviously the person in the poem was left by a beautiful girl because of his mistakes or egoism but I don´t understand how Arab horses,camels and birds have anything to do with a broken heart or an unlucky miserable relationship?
I think that poem is not from his own experience but rather his imagination and creativity,he may have used a story that he has heard?When he recited the poems,he didn´t seem overly emotional or sad about the fact that this "queen of my heart" hes left him,but that´s only my impression.

I want to answer your questions as soon as possible. Need a little bit time.....

Last edited by a moderator:
But using charlieprk´s quote we could say he might want to enjoy the milk without having to buy the cow;-)

Speaking of fangirls, wow I didn't know some people were so obsessed with him! :shock:

â™”A Fangirls Guide to Fazzaâ™”

Speaking of fangirls, wow I didn't know some people were so obsessed with him! :shock:

Well, they are and there are many of them;) The page above is one of the more "normal" ones,there are really crazy ppl who act as if they were already married to Hamdan or write that they want to die if he has another girl:ROFLMAO:

But I believe the Al Maktoum family does enjoy the kind of persona cult that is made around them because they are publishing most of the pictures,stories &videos themselves! Sheikh Mohammed and his children do put up a lot of pictures and videos on their own page,they are not victims to something they didn´t create themselves.For instance-I really adore and swoon over little Shamma (Nasser & Sheikha´s girl) ,she is overly cute but sometimes I wonder why they publish pictures of her and other babies on public pages like twitter or facebook?They could also swatch the pics in a private way-so they decided that they want to share their childrens pictures and part of their life with a wider public.
That´s their own decision,but they should not later be shocked about fans who want to know everything about their kids,their private life etc. You can´t put the spirit back into the bottle onece you have let it free.....
Personally I would rather act like Princess Haya-showing her kids as little as possible,only for events and special occasions and she doesn´t even have an official facebook or twitter page-but everyone should do as they wish!

Imanmajed said:
Note the length and end of each verse lines of Sheikh Hamdans poems which are posted in the thread in Arabic. Even without knowledge of Arabic language you would notice something......

What do you want to imply? Do Arabic poems usually rhyme or not?I belive that Nabati poems do not rhyme but are rather told in a free,natural way.
In Europe most people expect a poem to rhyme even though there are very different forms of poetry and special modern poems that have more in common with a haiku or just a flow of conscience than an old-fashioned poem.
Just a silly example to illustrate what I mean-we would write

I have a sweet little yellow house
in the cheesy home lives a mouse
chilling in the light of the sun
while her toddlers are having fun

instead of

Living in the cheese-made house
a little mouse tidies the room
waiting in the cold of dawn
for her kids to come back home

But I believe the Al Maktoum family does enjoy the kind of persona cult that is made around them because they are publishing most of the pictures,stories &videos themselves! Sheikh Mohammed and his children do put up a lot of pictures and videos on their own page,they are not victims to something they didn´t create themselves.

For the UAE rulers and their families it is important to present their life publicly to some extent. They hold meetings with nationals and non-nationals and want to know, what are their requests, concerns or other things which requires a clarification (named: majlis or diwaniya). The Sheikhs, Sheikhas or CP´s use the modern media and choose, what they want to share with us. Our rulers are close to their people and show it in this way also. They have to live with the negative consequences which accompany this "public life". But in my eyes, they show their high personal commitment to accept all the adverse effects.

What do you want to imply? Do Arabic poems usually rhyme or not?I belive that Nabati poems do not rhyme but are rather told in a free,natural way.

First we have to make a small difference: Nabati poems are a part of Arabic poetry in general. But the Nabati poetry is not the only form of represented poems in the Arabic-speaking world. It is the vernacular poetry of the tribes of the Arabian Peninsula.

Classical Nabati poems (called shi´r nabati in arabic) have usually two rhymes, one for the first hemistichs, and a different rhyme for the second. Many poets lets rhyme their poems with this style. So you can see easily without knowledge of Arabic language what I mean: Please give an attention on the last letters of each verse in the poem. The most will know: Arabic is written/read from right to left, so the last letters are those on the left side. You will noticed the mostly verses ends with the same letters (marked in red and green, it occurs periodic change between the both colors). Note: green colored letters in line 8 looks different, but are nearly the same in the form of pronunciation:نا = نئ

ياللي تِـمر عْروق قلبي نَـظـرتك وتْتـلَّها
ألله عليك مْن الحسد واهل الحسد والله لنا
الشيله اللي فوق وجهك يا حبيبي شلَّها
خل الخجل منّك وسولف لي ما غير انته وانا
سوالفك حلوه ، ومن زود الغلا ما املّها
ألله من حرفٍ تمَكَّن في شفايفك وْ دَنا
إلى ثنيت رموشك اللي فوق خَدّك ظِلّها
يعكس تثنّاها ، تعال وشوف قلبي لا انثنى
إر سم لي اللهفه ودع نفسي تبرِّد غِلَّها
مصيرنا نفنى ، وكم واحد من الدنيا فنا
لو قلت إن الشمس ت شبه طلّتك في طلّها
يوم اشرقت والورد متفتِّح وجاهز للجنا
أقدر أقول لنور وجهك يوم تشرق ذلَّها
ميّزك من سوّاك عنها في الشروق وْفي السنا
القلب بَعْدك ثار ، والعين الدموع تهلَّها

(a translation of this poem written by Sheikh Hamdan can be found in post # 338 by blauerengel on page 17 in this thread if necessary)

In the past, the poems were transmitted orally. Therefore, the texts of the poems were mostly spontaneous found, pronounced and recites. Also today Nabati poems were told in a free, natural way. That´s right. But that doesn´t meant, that they are free of rhyme. Unlike you assume Nabati poetry has a highly formalised structure. Though none is compulsory, there are a number of common structural elements which occur with great frequency. Often several of them occur in a single poem.

A large proportion of all Arabic poetry is written using the monorhyme, Qasidah. This is simply the same rhyme used on every line of a poem. While this may seem a poor rhyme scheme for people used to western literature it makes sense in a language like Arabic which has only three vowels (a, i, u) which can be either long or short. Other poems follow the tradtional pattern of double mono-rhyhme, wherein each verses being divided into two equal hemistichs (arabic: satr).

Nabati poetry reflects many aspects of people´s life and the social enviroment of the Arabian Peninsula. Inwardly, Nabati poetry is extremely democratic - may achieve fame on account of his/her eloquence regardless of the state of a person in society. And there lies the importance of nabati poetry: it creates a common cultural space, where differences in formal education, tribal affiliation or social position are no impediment. Remarkably, verses can be also composed orally by illiterate poet masters of the art and has remained close to spirit of bedouins.

Subject matter of the Nabaty poetry and its historical background you can find here: Nabati Poetry Introduction

Also poems in form of dialogues or debates are popular in UAE. A common type called murasala (engl. correspondence) is when a poet sends a poem on a particular subject to another poet. The recipient must reply in the same metre, with the same rhyme-scheme , and the reply must be at least as long as the orginal. Both poets have the chance to show off their technical virtuosity in the use of language. The second poet is effectively being set a challenge by the first to top his poem. And if he does, the first poet may send back a rejoinder which will also need to be topped. This can go on back and forth for a long time. A lengthy exchange of this type was between the Emirati poet Abdullah bin Ali al Shibani and the late ruler of the UAE, Sheikh Zayed bin Sultan al Nahyan for instance.

I do not know all the poems of Sheikh Hamdan. Of course it is possible that some of his poems differs from the classical rhymes of Nabati poetry. Maybe not all is Nabati what he has written. But I have not an example in my mind right now.

Any chance to buy a book?

Sheikh Mohammed bin Rashid has been published some of his poems as a book.

Title: Poems from the desert, ISBN: 9781860632525,
Publisher: Motivate Publishing
Publication Date: 2009-03-01
Language: english

Sheikh Hamdan did not publish his poems in a book. The poems are available in Arabic only on his homepage: Hamdan Bin Mohammed Bin Rashed | Fazza

Didn’t think discussing assumptions about fan pages had anything to do with poetry. I am not here to start drama only defending myself & my page. I am simply a fan of Hamdan, just like you. I am not obsessed with him either. I do not declare love for him, I don't believe we will ever get married or fall in love. I do not stalk him or start rumors. I am a fan from afar. My page is all in fun. Just like this forum is to you, it's all in fun. My page is mostly for others anyway, hence the title.

The fans of Hamdan on Tumblr simply share photos, poems and videos. My page is very similar to these forums. I discuss his poetry and have my opinions. I try to defuse any rumors that come my way about him. I talk and interact with other fans about the royal family and about the Arab culture. Just because my page isn’t a forum doesn’t make me obsessed. Like I said, I am just a fan…just like you and just like the rest of the users of this website. We are all fans of a royal family. :)

Didn’t think discussing assumptions about fan pages had anything to do with poetry. I am not here to start drama only defending myself & my page. I am simply a fan of Hamdan, just like you. I am not obsessed with him either. I do not declare love for him, I don't believe we will ever get married or fall in love. I do not stalk him or start rumors. I am a fan from afar. My page is all in fun. Just like this forum is to you, it's all in fun. My page is mostly for others anyway, hence the title.

The fans of Hamdan on Tumblr simply share photos, poems and videos. My page is very similar to these forums. I discuss his poetry and have my opinions. I try to defuse any rumors that come my way about him. I talk and interact with other fans about the royal family and about the Arab culture. Just because my page isn’t a forum doesn’t make me obsessed. Like I said, I am just a fan…just like you and just like the rest of the users of this website. We are all fans of a royal family. :)

Hello,please don´t take any offence by other posters!
I have only used your page to cite the original source of the translated poems because I don´t want to share other people´s work (translating the poems) without giving credit and giving the source of my knowledge.

It is alright to create a fanpage and share his pics,poems and infos,after all you are helping Hamdan with such sort of unpaid-propaganda enourmously-if I am allowed to say so I could snappily comment that he was not only chosen based on his skills,education and merit but also to a large extent due to his good looks and his charismatic personality. (Nothing wrong with that!)He is very popular among his citizens and girls love him as well,so if he doesn´t screw up with bad political decisions I don´t mind having a handsome politician,as a woman I would rather enjoy having more of the same because most of OUR politicians are old and in very bad shape and not doing what I expect them to do;-)
If merit,intelligence and dedication were important,Sheikh Maktoum (Hamdan´s brother) would be named the Crown Prince of Dubai....

Furthermore we are all joined here because we have a silly infatuation for the sheikhs and sheikhas and royalty in general and if you follow TRF you will find out that it is 80% gossip,only very little exchange of information and knowledge ;)

But it´s all fun and trivial,so nobody should get overly emotional or protective of their favourite royal!
(Did you say something nasty about Sheikh Majid,Sheikha Moza,CP Victoria or the young Luxemburg CP couple?Ehhh?:bangin:
No? Than we can be friends ;-)

I did not mean any sort of ill-intent, and I'm very sorry if it came off that way! I did not mean to offend anyone. :flowers: I wasn't suggesting you were obsessed, I guess "obsessed" wasn't really the right word to use. It has too many negative connotations.

إهـــداء خـــاص لـمـتـذوقــيـــن الــشــعــــر
ـ ـ
الــشـعــر ديــــوان ماضـي عـربـنـا والأداه
الـتـي كـانـــت تــوضــــح لــنــا عــاداتــهـا
ـ ـ
دايــٍم مـــن يكــتــبــه إيـتـمّـنـى مــن قـــراه
الـتـبحّـر فـي القـصـيــده عــبــر كـلمـاتـهـا
ـ ـ
بــس انـا ما قـلـتـه اطـمـع لـشهره مـن وراه
قـــلـتــه أداوي جــروح الــبـشــر واهـاتـهــا
ـ ـ
كـيـف يـطـمـح فـيـه واحـد ِذكـر جـده وابـاه
إصــنـعــت مكـانـتـه من عـظــم وقـفــاتـهــا
ـ ـ
لـيـس مثـلـي مـن قـصـيـده تـرّفـع مسـتـواه
لـو مـن الـمـرجـان واللـول صـغـت ابـيـاتـها
ـ ـ
كـم صغـيـر فـي الـعـمـر وصل للـعـالم نباه
وصـادم ْبـهـامـتـه نــاس لـهــا هـامـاتـهــــا
ـ ـ
بالـمكارم تـسمـع اسـمـه مـن افـواه الـرواه
وغـيـره اسـمـاهـا حـســب دخـل عـقـاراتها
ـ ـ
لـو عمـيـنـا الـعـيـن وشلـون نـكـتـم كـل فـاه
والـعــرب أكــثـر مـا فــيــهــا عـدد رواتـهـــا
ـ ـ
والـربـيـع اللـي تـناسى ربـيـعه .. وش بـلاه
غـــّرتـــه دنــيـــاه يــوم اكـــثــرت لــّذاتـــهـا
ـ ـ
للـصـديق مـن الـصديـق يـتحّمـل له خـطـاه
والأصـدقـاء مـع بـعـضـها حـسـب نـّيـاتـها
ـ ـ
والبـنـى آدم كـل واحد حسـب ما الله عطـاه
سـّيـئــات الـنـاس مـاهي مـثـل حـسـنـاتهـا
ـ ـ
والــدول مـع بـعـضهـا لـو يـصـيـر اشـتبـاه
الــتـقـّدم مـصـلـحـتـهـا عــلـــى أزمـاتـهــــا
ـ ـ
كـم نـصحـتـه والـنصيـحه من المسـلم لخـاه
وقـلـت لــه: يـاخـلـّـهـا َمــْعــك والاّ هــاتــهــا
ـ ـ
وانـت بــعــت الــِود والــِود مـن باعــه شـراه
واعـرف مــشــاعر الــنــاس من نـظــراتـهـا
ـ ـ
الـسـؤال اللـي يـراودنـي عـلـى كـل اتـجـاه
عـنـد مثـلـك سلـعة الطـيــب كـم ُدفـعـاتـهــا
ـ ـ
لا تحـسـب ان كل جافي بكت عيني جـفـاه
لــي مــقــامـاتـــي ولـلــنـــاس مقـاماتـهـــا
ـ ـ
شــخص لا مـن غـاب ُبعده يشـّتت الانـتباه
وشـخص لا مـن غـاب نــفسك تحس بذاتها
ـ ـ
نـاس .. نـبكـيها لو انـها على قـيـد الـحـياه
ونـاس ما يـاّثــر عــلـيـنـا خــبـــر وفــاتــهــا
Here's Sheikh Hamdan's new poem. Would anyone please translate it? Thanks in advance! :flowers:

The best way is to ask a native speaker for a translation,other services like translating computers or google translate are not doing justice to the poems...

Al Faris (The Knight) is inspired by poems on loyalty, love, humanity, courage and leadership from Shaikh Mohammed bin Rashid and will be brought to the stage by Brand Dubai and Rahbani Productions from January 6 to 9, 2016.

The musical, about a saviour’s quest to build a utopian city -the battle of good and evil - brings together a multimedia showcase of cinematic vistas of the desert, pre-recorded orchestra-led Oriental music and live theatre.

The larger-than-life story was created by an international cast and crew from Dubai, Lebanon, Kuala Lumpur, Prague and Kiev. The lead roles of Faris and his beloved Shomoos will be played by the Lebanese theatre actor Ghassan Saliba and Emirati soprano Balqees Fathi. More than 800 singers, dancers and crew members are part of the mammoth production. But this is not a story about Shaikh Mohammed or Dubai, it’s an abstract portrayed as a dream. The producers have maintained the Nabati style and Emirati dialect in the songs as well (with English surtitles).

The production is also the part of the Dubai Government initiative, Brand Dubai, which aims to underscore the culture and heritage of the UAE. The flavours in this musical are deeply rooted in the UAE culture. Dubai aims to be a cultural destination for the region and Al Faris adds to that by carrying a message of peace to the world.

Shaikh Mohammed bin Rashid along with Shaikha Al Jalila and other Shaikhs attended the opening of Al Faris in Dubai.

in pictures

Last edited:
Do any of you girls have an idea who the crown prince sheikh hamdan bin Mohammed al Maktoum does mean when he writes his poems?

I believe even he himself doesn't really know about whom he is talking about.

So many scams

Not sure if this the right place for this.
I believe my sister is being scammed by someone posing as prince Hamdan.
He has told her he wishes to marry her but she must purchase a "royal card" and also pay $1000 for a wedding certificate.
She is believing this although I've told her it's a scam.
If I can show her maybe some replies from more knowledgable people maybe she will come to her senses.
Thank you so much.

Yes it’s a scam that has been circulating around social media. Think about it, why would a billionaire prince ask someone to pay for a wedding certificate? Please block or report the scam.

I read Prince Hamdans poetry translated in english on instagram @dubaipoetry. Some of his poetry seems to be about one woman. He seems to be very deeply in love with her.

On this thread I read someone say, that his poetry is published years later. If that's the case then he's been in love with this woman for years now.

It's strange that in some of his poetry, he is asking her whereabouts. It seems like she's angry with him and isn't in contact with him, so he writes, hoping she reads his poetry. It seems like poetry is the only way to reach her. If that's the case, then the poetry should be published immediately.

Eitherways, he seems to be in a relationship with this woman for atleast a decade, because some of his poetry published on this thread is from 2009.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom