Poetry of Sheikh Mohammed and Crown Prince Hamdan

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
true! im nt arabic, wud u mind translating into english, what he says abt his lover/gf...

I'll try to translate it later...and other can add their translations also, because Arabic is very poetic so there can be different interpretations. He also repeats some parts more than once, like most poets do at times. When I have time I will post a translation.

he says he can't find his love. she's far from him and he's looking for her. he asks for those who may know her to help him find her or tell her he's looking for her. she wears a hijab so she is covered and he can't see her. he asks the other women to help him find his true love (as men are supposed to be kept separate from single women). he says he knows she can hear his voice/poems, maybe even sees him during the poetry sessions on tv, and asks her to let him know if she still loves him. maybe even call him. he wants to know if her feelings of love for him are the same. :wub::wub::wub:

he says he can't find his love. she's far from him and he's looking for her. he asks for those who may know her to help him find her or tell her he's looking for her. she wears a hijab so she is covered and he can't see her. he asks the other women to help him find his true love (as men are supposed to be kept separate from single women). he says he knows she can hear his voice/poems, maybe even sees him during the poetry sessions on tv, and asks her to let him know if she still loves him. maybe even call him. he wants to know if her feelings of love for him are the same. :wub::wub::wub:

WOW...that is some serious stuff....although i don't kno how i feel bout a man who recites poems....nothing personal...jus not "MANLY" enough for me:lol::lol::lol:

or amusing as he's supposed to be engaged. if his cousin lives nearby then who's he calling out to? :whistling:

Thanks for your explanation but I read in the poem she asked him to look for someone else and he has forgotten her :neutral: . That I don't understand... I guess I'm just not a romantic soul and I don't understand poetry :unsure:..

it was supposed to be that Hind was upset at ShMo for marrying Haya. the rumor was that Hind had no idea her husband was marrying again. Hind actually wrote the poem for ShMo and Hamdan published it under his name as a way to show support for his mother.

nice poem !! : )

he speaks so well, MashAllah

can someone please translate the 1st part, he is saying something .. dhikran- Nabi.. ?
thankU :)

Last edited by a moderator:

Thank u.... nice poem! he seems so perfect... a prince writing poetry handsome atletic gosh is there anything he cant do

Nice poem...It's been 1 year since Sheikh Hamdan recited this poem and we all know that these powerful sheikhs meet beautiful women constantly wether on duty trips, vacations, at the malls, or even just hanging out with their friends..Beautiful women are brought to them from left to right ....I wonder if he's still in love with this same girl? (and no i don't expect anyone here to answer my question since its something very private and personal that only Sheikh Hamdan himself or maybe his closest friends might now the answer). Just some food for thought... =D

Hiiiiiiiiiiiiii everyone i would like to shire with you same of Sheikh mohammed bin rashid poems

I pictured the dreams - Rashid and Hamdan

This poem was written on the occasion of the graduation of Sheikh Mohammed's two eldest sons, Sheikh Rashid and Sheikh Hamdan, from the Royal Military Academy, in Sandhurst, England.

Rashid and Hamdan, the dreams of a bright tomorrow
And I pictured the dreams - Rashid and Hamdan

One named after the one whose name is bounty
The other named after Hamdan bin Zayed Al Nahyan*

People of high rank, their name renowned
Heroes in kindness, and in adversity also heroes

Saw them, in my mind, whilst still in cradle
As leaders of justice and loyalty

And raised them as a lion his cubs
Lanners, never prey for hunters

Hour by hour, guided them to the goal
A father advising his children, shaping men

Rashid, I prepared for dark nights
And pride, Hamdan, purpose and vision

I congratulated, by them, Zayed, to whom they pledge allegiance
And congratulated Maktoum, the people of Dubai, and brothers

* Sheikh Mohammed's maternal grandfather,
who was Ruler of Abu Dhabi from 1912 - 1922.

the secand :- this peom is from sheikh mohammed bin rashid to his son sheikh hamdan when sheikh hamdan won first hores race when he was just 8 years old look to very proud dad what to say about his son :-

Oh Victorious Arrow

The best of wishes and most beautiful of songs
I present to one who brings good fortune

Today is your day, oh peerless in your time
For whom days pass joyfully

You, to my delight, are as I pictured you
Accustomed, Hamdan, to realizing my dreams

Not every hand can grasp the reins
Nor everyone on horseback be a rider

You, the one I always count on
Ever my victorious arrow

A winner since the age of eight
When others played the games of children

Never faltered or finished runner-up
Oh Hamdan, first among victors

The daughter of the moon* exhausts the horses
And you, Hamdan, exhaust both, riding or on foot

You competed fiercely, never listless
Always striving. If just a game you never won

You know the nature of the ground, firm or soft
As you know your horse, fast or slow

Your horse responds to you, as you respond to him, clearly
Even one who knows not the words comprehends the deeds

Congratulations Hamdan, heartfelt congratulations
Your horse for you is happy, strutting proudly

Oh friends, the riders, with all gratitude
To you...my thanks for your great efforts

And to whoever missed his chance, we promise
Victory, prizes and glory in the future

* Daughter of the moon = The desert

this peom was wortten by sheikh mohammed to his beloved wife sheikha hind

To..?

You are like you are though much happened
Dearest one, nobody attains your dearness to me

Your dearness I do not hide but declare it openly
Oh my foremost dream, ahead of me and after me

The letters of your name in my heart hold a secret
Your name for the description of beauty stands in

Oh perfume of 'ud, when arranged, scattered
And the first the third as the 'ud is Hindi*

For you beyond the limit of your lifetime a lifetime, and for me a lifetime
With you, and all that is left of life is immortality

Oh pure as the full moon! Oh aunt of the full moon!
Oh light! Oh scattered Arabian jasmine and roses!

When you depart one hour I feel it an era
I keep a vigil at the door awaiting your return

The course of nights, and nights have a course,
Did not change me and you are my days of bliss

Oh lady of the fair, the rosy and the tan
Oh fondness, I cannot measure the ebb and flow

I have seen all nights as the Night of Destiny
And my existence thence since first I saw you, oh my love, passion

*The line is a pun on the Arabic word for perfume, "dhn": shifting the first letter to the third position gives "hnd". India is the source of the finest (and now rarest) 'ud.

i will post more later i hope you guys will enjoy this poems , i you all like to read more shiekh mohammed peoms it on his offiical web sit

i think sheikh mohammeds poems are really deep and meaningful!
hamdans poems are either badly translated (i can`t read arabic so I can only read the english translations) but to me his poems seem very immature and they sometimes seem very erratic while sheikh mohammeds poetry is very thoughtful even though they are sometimes difficult to interpretate...

i think sheikh mohammeds poems are really deep and meaningful!
hamdans poems are either badly translated (i can`t read arabic so I can only read the english translations) but to me his poems seem very immature and they sometimes seem very erratic while sheikh mohammeds poetry is very thoughtful even though they are sometimes difficult to interpretate...

he's a pup...still learnin frm his daddy...he'll get there....lol

He is engaged during this
& he recited it in front of his father, on TV, now online
Surely Sheikha's family has also watched this
I wish its for Sheikha Sheikha

Why do you say this sofness? what is wrong with this poem and he can't say it in frong of Sheikha Sheikha and his family?

I love his poetry :)
it's not a big secret its just (personal) that sheikh hamdan loves somebody else.
he will marry sheikha sheikha because he must, it is a part of his tradition and culture. he is the prince and future ruler.
he can not say I want to marry another woman, just because I love her.
he can not live as he likes, I say it again he will be the ruler.
that is a part of his life.

but I can only say that he loves somebody

But having an unhappy leader results in being an unhappy country in my opinion.:ohmy:

yes..but what does he say in this poem? (the meaning) cuz i don't speak arabic..

Hi Souzi1990

I'm not fluent in arabic so I prefer others explain it
Still I think it's a romantic poem to his sweetheart
She makes him happy something
& I say what I say is bcoz married couples should be in love

he must love his cousentbut it doesn't mean that he is in love with her too... Do you think sofness that this poem is for a girl he knew or for one girl that he haven't met yet?

Sorry, I don't know. Fazza3 fans maybe have better answers.
I just wanted to see happy married couples that's all.

he can have that someone else as his second wife or something, that too is tradition. I dont believe, IMO, that he loves shiekha shiekha, because love ALWAYS blossoms from desperation and difficulty, and NEVER from convenience and arrangements.
but back to my advice to hamdan: dont lose the one you love, take her as your second wife:)
why do i have a feeling that this is why his marriage hasnt taken place as yet.

sunamon, can you tel us more? is she s a princess or a normal citizen whom he loves?

^hehe, he must have met her since he is inlove with her:)

Guys, please don't let a "I know something you don't know" post lead you to run around in circles asking "what?" and "who?"
We've seen these types of teaser posts many times before in all forums and they lead nowhere.

Warren
UAE moderator

nice poem !! : )

can someone please translate the 1st part, he is saying something .. dhikran- Nabi.. ?
thankU :)

In his poem the dhiktan nabi - basically telling a part in his poem to remember the prophet, to pray on the prophet.
Usually people say pray on the prophet when you hear something bad, good, forgert what you were going to say and so on.

In his poem the dhiktan nabi - basically telling a part in his poem to remember the prophet, to pray on the prophet.
Usually people say pray on the prophet when you hear something bad, good, forgert what you were going to say and so on.

@dazzling: hey thanks atleast somebody responded to my question :)

i understand now wat he says, like read durood on our Prophet..

[ i can read arabic in Quran, however i have to look for english translation to understand meaning of words,thanks :) ]

HI! i just wanted to say that i enjoyed reading the few translated poems!

I'm new to this, it's my first time that i actually am on a forum, but i just wanted you all to know.. I LOVE your dedications! And THANK YOU again for the translations...i'm a big fan of poetry.
:reading:

Back
Top Bottom