Poetry of Sheikh Mohammed and Crown Prince Hamdan

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I do not speak arabic...unfortunately. But I agree to you what you are saying about Hamdan's situation. I have already mentionned it earlier in the forum. For him being such a known person and the crown prince of dubai it is not easy to find the perfect girl. he cannot go as normal people in clubs, bars, to events etc.. he has a lot of commitments and restrictions. for example what if he would fall in love with a western girl (no muslime)!?
I do wish that he will found the right person and the big love we all are dreaming of :flowers: but honestly I am not sure if he will only be with one woman...:ermm:

Last edited by a moderator:
I think they are not friend or even they aren't familiar with each other……
maybe his girl is some strange for him and is hard to reach for her
that is my understand of HH hamdan's poem
In this case it would sound like to me that this girl/his love is from an arranged marriage or semi-arranged relationship and maybe due to the fact he is Muslim and does not date or go to bars and clubs in his culture that he is with her but they are not familiar with each other yet. In Muslim countries and in Islamic marriages the "get to know you" part/phase comes after the marriage contract is signed and takes place, not before as in other religions and cultures. Devout Muslims do not date or mingle freely with the opposite sex before marriage so this could explain this dichotomy in his poems, perhaps.

I do however believe it is meant for a specific person as a lot of the clues in his poems are beginning to be added together now...anyway, that's just my partial analysis and as Hamdan says when he analyzes his poems on his website "the rest is a secret in the heart of the poet" or something like that.

I do wish that he will found the right person and the big love we all are dreaming of :flowers: but honestly I am not sure if he will only be with one woman...:ermm:
Your last sentence remembering me to King Mongkut of Siam who has 26 wives, after he had met Anna, and did the last dance with Anna before Anna went back to England, He said " i just know now, that how a man can be satisfied with only one woman (wife)."

Man can be satisfied with a complete woman, when he had met the right one, a woman with superb inner quality, not only body and beauty.
So I think there is still a possibility that Hamdan will be with only one woman, if only He lucky to find her.. :)

What if he is talking about a woman he hasn’t met yet? A woman who is only one mirage, one dream, one longing or desire? A woman that he solely sees, pecks and sympathize to.
Just imagine that he has dreamed of his beloved but the greatest sorrow is due to the fact he doesn’t know her cause she exists in his mind, not in his familiar world.
Maybe she invades his privacy and he wants to find out who she is, where she is if really subsists.
But that mightn’t be the right interpreting. :)

I'm assuming sh. hamdan is living a forbidden love in other words a love that can not be announced. Maybe he's in love with a non Muslim/Arab girl which is not easily accepted in his cultures. Or maybe he is separated by a long distant from the person he love. At the end of the day... Only him can answer this.

...In my opinion, Hamdan only wanted to say that he hasnt found yet the love one...
I agree with u.
But maybe all his poems are just imagination, and nothing from his real life.
We can't know :) Personnaly, i find all arab poems the same like the description of woman beauty rarely change & hamdan poems are not an exception. We can remark that his favorite subjects are separation & sad love.

Hey Dolls! :flowers: Wazzup? If i may let me give you my sincere pov on sheikh hamdan's love life. (remember this is just what i think)
I believe that hamdan has not found his true love yet. I believe he's still a 'lil immature for example i have noticed that the majority of his poems he mostly talks about a girl's body, her outside beauty is all that matters to him it seems. So for me he's still in that phase of "booty call" and to me that's plain shallowness,immature boyish like young guys do. Sure i agree "Beauty attracts but personality catches the heart" 100% but when you really love somebody u get passed that outside beauty phase, theres more to the girl than just her beauty. Its actually a combination beauty from within and outside beauty that makes a girl complete cause no real/ mature man will marry a beautiful girl with a nasty character and bad attitude. Trust me down deep they know that thats not the kind of girl they want for wife.
But i do believe that when he really falls in love with someone he will stand up for his love and marry her. It doesnt matter if shes non muslim/ non arab, race, background, color these things simply got nothing on true love. These are just lil' things that seem so big but *when a man is really in love he sees no obstacles all he wants is to be w/ his beloved one* . Who understands love? Love makes u do things that you could never imagined you could of done. But you guys may say he's such a public figure, future ruler, rich and famous is soo much harder for him to find love. But then again i say at the end of the day hes a mere mortal like any of us and yes he also craves for love. In fact these high profile people are usually the ones who lead sad, lonely lives.
For him to fall in love? all it takes is the right girl, at the right place at the right time and the rest is history! Did u guys know that a guy knows when hes met the right girl? Yes! THEY SIMPLY KNOW! as matter of fact i happen to work with a bunch of married men and women and at one time this one colleague i wanna say hes in his 40's was telling us about the day he met his wife. He told us that the minute he layed his eyes on his wife he said he KNEW immeaditely that she was the one for him. :sad: CRAZY! i asked him how? he said "ohh a man knows instantly."

@ Zusan Harun: "Your last sentence remembering me to King Mongkut of Siam who has 26 wives, after he had met Anna, and did the last dance with Anna before Anna went back to England, He said " i just know now, that how a man can be satisfied with only one woman (wife)."
Man can be satisfied with a complete woman, when he had met the right one, a woman with superb inner quality, not only body and beauty.
So I think there is still a possibility that Hamdan will be with only one woman, if only He lucky to find her.. :) "

I AGREE 200% when she's the ONE!
Here's two words that i believe fazza confuses them..
Infatuate: to inspire or possess with a foolish or unreasoning passion, as of love.
Love:a profoundly tender, passionate affection for another person.

(so here are just my 5 cents and i am not saying that i am right or wrong its just my pov and sorry for the long post.) XOX;)

Last edited:
I agree with u. But maybe all his poems are just imagination, and nothing from his real life.
Ya, i agree with you.
becoz, in my side, there is no strong evidence on this matter to say that Hamdan in love and separated by the distance?oh come on, where is the place in this earth which is cant be reached by him?he has his own plane. being separated wouldnt need to be that sad, we live in high techno now.

If Hamdan has been in love with the unfamiliar or the stranger one, he has lots of people around him to help him find the girl whom he wants.

and the last, is Hamdan in love to the girl whom he never met yet? it can be accepted if only hamdan in love with a girl whom he found in the chat room LOL..sorry Hamdan... :D

the men said that they know instantly when he meet the one, but remember this, we have seen lots of smart men being end up with stupid girls, but we seldom even never to see a smart woman being end up with the stupid man..:)

You know girls, I agree with a combination of what we have all been saying here. I believe that most people find their love/mates with a combination of Divine pre-destination and of course love, and I totally agree with what your collegue LV-Girl said about just "knowing" when you've found the One.

Hamdan seems to be in sone sort of internal existential struggle about love, and I think the comments about the chat room and his private plane are so hilarious. He really has no excuse not to find true love lool.

Well I would love to see more results and less poetry, and I do think he is still immature in some ways according to his poems so I agree with that too.

@ Zusan Harun: "the men said that they know instantly when he meet the one, but remember this, we have seen lots of smart men being end up with stupid girls, but we seldom even never to see a smart woman being end up with the stupid man..:) "
True i agree with you. But these "smart" men are usually the ones who were led by LUST, INFATUATION as i said before by looking only at the girl's outside beauty, or the good sex that they have. So then they end up breaking their faces cause all that glitter is not gold and within months or 1 year or 2 they get tired of each other and part ways cause down deep thats not what they are looking for.. All that lust and infatuation is NOT enough to keep them together. One's true colors will eventually come out and reality will hit u in the face!! :s

ya, thats true dear, thats the classic problem of the men, they sometimes cant make different, which is the love or just infatuation..
the discussion is so exciting, love it love it !! love u all guys.
the theory about making a community has proven, the community can be formed becoz of having the same visions :)

You know girls I must say just for the record that from what I have been told many times, he is in a relationship with someone, but I don't know why the only evidence discussing this are some of his poems and I've found many you tube comments also but no one says anything directly. I keep waiting for more news to come out, but several people with ties to dubai who are unrelated to this forums have confirmed this for me. However, I do not want to add more to the fire or stir up gossip...because it's not gossip, but I dont want to contradict myself with what I write either. It's easy to try to pretend nothing is going on and just take the poems lightly, but maybe one day the whole truth will be uncovered I don't know how.

Until then, I have always enjoyed poems and literature so I'll just see it in that way.

I like read your comments girls.... because each of us interprets his poems as wishes.
The poetry is this:eek:nly the poet knows the truth...maybe Hamdan imagines the woman he loves,maybe he found her,maybe he 'll find her,maybe he lost her....we don t know:)
But isn t important! for me the most important thing is read his poems indipendently of identity of her.
I don t know Hamdan and I'll never know him,I'll never know him as a man,as a person,and I'll never know the things of his private life;but i can read his poems and i know that Hamdan is a wonderful poet and is a person that indipendently of his private life,he test deep feelings to life.
I wish him that one day he will meet the right person...the right woman....a woman that she ll loves him for what he is inside.
What they say in Dubai?That he is in love with someone?

i cant believe this...hamdan, with the innocent eyes insulted his love one in front of the people like this... :(
QUOTE]

Yes, his eyes do look innocent, but I am quite sure he is a sly old dog :brows:

I'm so immature and stupid after reading all your tread

But I strongly feel that it's extremely normal if sheikh H have a girlfriend for his age and background, whether they are still together or break up or something else.

But I strongly feel that it's extremely normal if sheikh H have a girlfriend for his age and background, whether they are still together or break up or something else.

did anyone doubt that??? :ermm: we just said that it is not so easy for him to find a girl or to be with one because of his position and his restrictions.
I personally do believe (just what I think!!!) that he was engagend with sheikha sheikha and it was called off. I do not have a clue if he is actually with someone!? But I see something special coming up, I think he will kind of break the rules, meaning he will be with a "normal" western girl or whatever...just what I feel :whistling:

i m agree souzi!

Dear aiimyl each says what he wants....I also I don t want to know if hamdan is engaged,is will engage,is in love,or other...this i don t care!
But I think that is normal for a reader of poetry to imagine what the poet wants to say and for who!for example I read poem of many poets because i love the poetry and whenever I m captured by poems!Sometimes i ask myself:"she loves the poet as the poet loves her?"for all the poets of love that i read....
With my imagination i can only hope that she returne and he ll returne his love:)

i don't think it is easy for him to find his real love..as long as he is a crown prince..

i don't think it is easy for him to find his real love..as long as he is a crown prince..

I don't think your position will draw a line whether you will or not, many Kings, Queens, Crown Prince/ss etc have found their partners so why cant Hamdan?
We are all assuming who his poems are for, what if they are meant for someone, what if its for an imaginary person.

My brother is an amazing poet and if you ever read one of his romantic poems you'll think this guy has fallen deep in love from the way he describes his lover and even little tiny details and conversation between them you'd never doubt the presence of that person in his life.. so I asked him once who's that girl?!! And he simply answered " I don't really know". So all of these things he put together in a form of a beautiful romantic poem was purely immagination. you really never know if it is a real or just pure imagination untill you ask the writer himself :)

yes.....realI,also,like to write....and i know that only the writer knows.

Agree 100% Im sure its the same for Hamdan :flowers:

Got a question.....

Hello everybody! I haven't been in a while around here, but i must admit i do enjoy your commitment for this threat! I can only admire all of you! I always was interested in arabic poetry so it's very nice to see that some care enough to translate few of them! :angel:

I have a question though, if anybody cares enough to answer it i would greatly appreciate it. I just started [verry very recently] to learn a little arabic, mostly by myself... the reason being obviously Hamdan's poetry :wub:
But i was just wondering, when he speaks out in the soirees does he speak the MSA (modern standard) or does he use a dialect specific from the Gulf?
Just finished with the alphabet and few basic words.. so i was wondering....
Will i be able to understand what he is saying JUST by learning the MSA? Or should i give up? :bang:

Thank you in advance.....

Last edited:
Hey Tamy,
All Hamdan poems are in Khaliji dialect, and some of them are easy to understand if you know classic arabic, and others are just difficult if you are not a pure khaliji person. Anyway, i encourage you to learn classic arabic, its better than nothing & it can surely help you not just fot Hamdan poems, there are other successful arab poets too :) :flowers:

Thank you so much for the response! I really really REALLY appreciate it! :hug:

beautiful!!i see that many persons love the poetry of hamdan and this is a very good things bacause he deserves this...

and then is beautiful because the poetry in general is a "cradle of great feelings" and from antiquity to date is a great way to write!

dear tamy,i also,like you,I would like to learn Arabic not only to can read the poetry of hamdan and of others arabic poets,but also to know a different language that is expressed by symbols and not with letters like my and others.but i couldn t never....it s too difficult!!

HH Sheikh Hamdan's poetry in English :)

Hello everybody! I haven't been in a while around here, but i must admit i do enjoy your commitment for this threat! I can only admire all of you! I always was interested in arabic poetry so it's very nice to see that some care enough to translate few of them! :angel:

I have a question though, if anybody cares enough to answer it i would greatly appreciate it. I just started [verry very recently] to learn a little arabic, mostly by myself... the reason being obviously Hamdan's poetry :wub:
But i was just wondering, when he speaks out in the soirees does he speak the MSA (modern standard) or does he use a dialect specific from the Gulf?
Just finished with the alphabet and few basic words.. so i was wondering....
Will i be able to understand what he is saying JUST by learning the MSA? Or should i give up? :bang:

Thank you in advance.....

I must admit that I heard some of Hamdan's poetry online and was frustrated by my inability to speak Arabic. So I've just started teaching myself, prior to taking some classes.

Today I discovered that his website has been updated to include translation into English yay !

Back
Top Bottom