Poetry of Sheikh Mohammed and Crown Prince Hamdan

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
... I found this Lamia on Second Life
That picture of "Lamia on Second Life" website link is really scary and creepy...I'm sure he's not in love with that type of woman-a vampire looooooolll. You know all this popularity with depressing movies like Twilight and stuff really gets on my nerves at times...Anyway.

He's a very deep introspective person I think...I doubt that he's into gothic stuff though. Who knows what it means to him, but there is also the Arabic meaning of the name Lamya that Sally pointed out as a possibility. I wish he would do an interview about the meaning behind his recent poems. It would be so interesting:).

But I do like that he is so open about his feelings and his struggle concerning whatever he is struggling with. May Allah alleviate him of whatever his problems are. Ameen.

Last edited by a moderator:
TQ TQ!

& I found this Lmia on Second Life
hope its just coincidence, though of course everyone deserves to be loved
it's just... the thought of him & a vampire is beyond me :T
yeah it kinda broke my heart, so... :R
That lamia is not even a real woman:eek:
she's a manga character :D
Are u joking or what?:ROFLMAO:

In Hamdan's poetry he does sound sad - and emotionally isolated. In fact, he sounds depressed. I know how it can be to be surrounded with people - even people you love and care about, and still feel as if you were on the Moon, quite alone. But writing, poetry or prose, is a good way to let some of the sad feelings out, and perhaps it will help him move through whatever he is experiencing to a happier perspective. I certainly wish him well.

being a very known person and especially being the crown prince of dubai isn't always easy. that brings a lot of commitments and restrictions with! we all are ot sure if he is having a financee or girlfriend. But I think he needs a girl to be with who has quite the same interests, is interessted in sports and also loves fun! I really hope for him that he can choose and love as he wishes...as I do think that he is a very passionate, emotional and sensitive person. Hopefully he can live his feelings!

In fact this crazy girl would be me, but I did not have yet the chance to invite Hamdan for a coffee :lol:

Last edited:
Thanks. I would have loved to go there, also if I do not understand arabic, but just for listen to his voice and see his lovely face :flowers: Does anyone has an idea when will be a next one?
There are two in wednesday & thursday but maybe he won't recite any poem but he surely will be there.

There are two in wednesday & thursday but maybe he won't recite any poem but he surely will be there.

thx. where can you get these information from? where will it be hold?

@LV Girl: great pics! He is such a cutie :flowers:

:flowers:New Poem...It seems to me that Fazza3 is really in love?! http://fazza.ae/vb/t367987.html
and i found 2 others that are new as well..Perhaps he's reciting these poems in the Poetry Soiree?!! Can't wait for the videos...

Last edited:
:flowers:New Poem...It seems to me that Fazza3 is really in love?! http://fazza.ae/vb/t367987.html
and i found 2 others that are new as well..Perhaps he's reciting these poems in the Poetry Soiree?!! Can't wait for the videos...

Thanks LV_Girl..this is great:)! I hope they show videos of the Poetry Soiree also:)! If you find the videos please post them here so we can enjoy:flowers: Although, these online translating services are really not very good...still I do my best.

thx. where can you get these information from? where will it be hold?

@LV Girl: great pics! He is such a cutie :flowers:
If you have Sama Dubai Tv, you can see it at 8 pm (Dubai Time) :flowers:

dear, what is the poems abt? i dont understand arab at all and the translation is so poor.. :(
I am so sorry sweetie.. I can't really help you. Only someone who speaks arabic fluently especially khaleeji will be able to translate the poem correctly..:sad:

I am so sorry sweetie.. I can't really help you. Only someone who speaks arabic fluently especially khaleeji will be able to translate the poem correctly..:sad:
huhuhu...but would u like to give any desribe of the poems..?its ok if the means that u will provide not exactly corret..another user will make it perfect i guess..
maybe u can provide any strong sentence(s) of his new poem..

well the poem is more about the fact the his love one does not deserve him.. he is telling her that he has more roses in the bush.. and its not a new poem it has been out for a good 6 months

well the poem is more about the fact the his love one does not deserve him.. he is telling her that he has more roses in the bush.. and its not a new poem it has been out for a good 6 months

sorry, what does it mean "he has more roses in the bush"???

sorry, what does it mean "he has more roses in the bush"???
More girls at his convinience. In another words "shes NOT the only one." WOW way to go Hamdan u're are truly an AL Maktoum!
Like father, like son!:whistling:

More girls at his convinience. In another words "shes NOT the only one." WOW way to go Hamdan u're are truly an AL Maktoum!

Oh yes, I think he just needs to snip with his fingers and would have a lot of girls around him :lol: I do not think that he will be married to only one girl, also if I can not understand how it is possible to love more than one people...

r u sure abt this? how could a hamdan can say that rude to the girl whom he loves?i dont think so...

i cant believe this...hamdan, with the innocent eyes insulted his love one in front of the people like this... :(

maybe it will be better if someone in this forum can provide his poems in english in full version, so we all can discusse n combine abt the meaning comprehensively from different point of view....

I agree with you Zusan Harun. I don't believe he said such things about his love either, and it would be great to have a full and accurate translation in English. If I get someone to do it for me I will share it here:).

just as a note sometimes poetry does not have to be about some1 in specefic some times its a feeling that has nothing to do with a girl but comes out sounding like a love poem even if he uses a name it might be that he means a place or a horse ..
eg, a very well known poem was a love poem for a lady named salma but turned out to be about an area that the poet loves (not written by Hamdan)

FIRST, I DON'T KNOW ARABIC MUCH BUT LEARNING
SO PLS CORRECT ME WHEN I'M WRONG TQ

حديقة ورود
Rose Garden

[poem here]

حَـلّ الظما في خاطر المنهـل العـذب

وامسى كما نـجـمٍ تـباعـد بـريـقـه
and the evening as stars distance its luster

ما ودي الـبعـد عـنـك لكـنـّـه الـقـرب
how my affection is distant from you but it is near

الـقـرب ظام الـقـلب ما بَـلّ ريـقه
near the heart's thirst even his saliva

قِـلّ المطر ما يروي الـقاع لو خصب

الـقـاع تـرويه الـسـيـول الـدفـيـقه

هذا وانا ضاري على المحمل الصعب
this and my hunger over the laden the complicated

ومـحـَـمّـل الأيـّــام ما لا تـطـيـقـه
and laden the day unbearable

لا تحـسب انـّـك ناهـبٍ حاضري نهب

عندي على ماضي سنـينك وثـيقه
i have upon my past your years and its nearness

إن كان وَردك تـاه غـصنه على القـلب
if had your rose strayed its branch to the heart

عادي أضيّع ورد ، عندي حـديقه
mere wasted rose, with me garden

إن كان صغر السن عذرك وانا الذنب
if the small thorn is your excuse and i'm of guilt

قبل العـذر والـذنب عـطني دقـيقه
accept the excuse and the guilt withers tiny pieces

كم لي وانا امـشـّي كـلامك وهو كــذب

برقـعـت لعـيونك عـيون الحـقـيقه
veiled to your eyes eyes of the truth

يا جـرح قـلـبي لا تـسـولـف عن الطـب
oh my wounded heart do not elapse the medicine

لا تضحك وعينك بدمعـك غريقه
do not laugh while your eyes drown tears

إنت اصلاً آخر شخص يحكي عن الحب
you're originally the last person he tells about the love

الحب غايه ..
the greatest love

وانت حبّـك طريقه
and you your love is his destiny

PS: I wanna verify with my arabic fluent friend
but I'm shy if Sh Hamdan wrote something romantic :R

Last edited:
thanks sofness.... I tried for a long time the poems in english of this person....but I could not find these.
then I found this site:)and i see that some poems are in english....i m not arabic but i like very much themes and the style of hamdan....:-(i would like to reade more poems in english!if I knew the Arabic i would traslate for you....but is my problem.for this reason i m in this forum where I did not want to register.

ur welcome :)

i'm not a poetry person, but i enjoy working it out it's like solving puzzles!

about the "mere wasted rose"... i hv a funny imagination that if he intends it for his sweetheart - did they argue or something? did she went to this website & saw someone (me ha ha) saying he loves Lamia & all the gothic girls... and becomes an argument? well, he shouldn't name her with a name that's noted for a child eating vampire... :R

the "wasted rose" could it be he's telling her to pass of my monstrous view of Lamia
to him Lamia is a very beautiful garden of roses
yeah now, seems he uses "rose" a lot.
rose is beautiful, fragrant & lovely

Last edited:
god~~
I really think his girl is so dim monnlight
and maybe she is even a Unknown Guest for hisself~
she is not his girlfriend or even his friend
so he can just memory and realize and understand her in a very distance view……

Last edited:
Thank you sofness for that lovely translation. It was a really pretty poem.

For aiimyl, what do you mean by his girl is "dim moonlight"? And her being an unknown guest??

I've asked some friends to help me translate and I'll post the translation if I receive it.

Still I think it would be a wonderful thing to be so loved and so cherished and may Allah protect them from the evil eye and envious people.
r u sure abt this? how could a hamdan can say that rude to the girl whom he loves?i dont think so...

i cant believe this...hamdan, with the innocent eyes insulted his love one in front of the people like this... :(

maybe it will be better if someone in this forum can provide his poems in english in full version, so we all can discusse n combine abt the meaning comprehensively from different point of view....

god~~
I really think his girl is so dim monnlight
and maybe she is even a Unknown Guest for hisself~
she is not his girlfriend or even his friend
so he can just memory and realize and understand her in a very distance view……

I think they are not friend or even they aren't familiar with each other……
maybe his girl is some strange for him and is hard to reach for her
that is my understand of HH hamdan's poem

thank you very much for the translation, Sofness :)

I dont know, somehow I feel that this poem is not as strong as His another poem, titled "One Year".

In my opinion, Hamdan only wanted to say that he hasnt found yet the love one. He mentioned in his love poems that his love one is so so far away. Maybe it means, because of his complicated situation, so He cant be that freely to find the girl who loves him not only as the prince, but sees Hamdan as himself, his personality, thats why he considered that his dream about true love with the love one is far away, hard to be reached.

He only wants a true love, and once He had found it, he would give all of his love and make her as the only one love ever, as the first and the last.

I still dont have any idea or feeling that Hamdan addressed this poem to a spesific girl.

Back
Top Bottom