Poetry of Sheikh Mohammed and Crown Prince Hamdan

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Google Translate

if I'm not mistaken sh. hamdan wanted to make one more song (according to the page) the works became interrupted..The name of the poem is "babygone" from my understanding. There is also mentioned this composer fayez al saeed. So perhaps we will be surprised by a song again? Let's wait and see :)

Can you post the original link to the page please.

I tried to send the link before. I'll try it again: Google Translate

Google Translate. It only shows this google translate link: But I found the information on this page, so I descripe where to find: Section Fazza/Work Fazza(then his poems are listed)/Page 3 the last poem:details the future work of the poem: "Babygone". If you go into the link, there is mentioned what I posted before...from my unterstanding..

http://fazza.ae/vb/t345391.html here is the link again in arabic for those who understand it. I found it over google translate. I hope it works out that time.. so I'm desperate coz of this....

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi people. I found this on fazzas homepage. A member analysed one of his poems. I found it on google translate and by the way I think this member made it very well... Here is the arabic link. For some who are interested in more details, contact me, I'll post the english translation..

But I don't know if it's a new poem or not, coz I'm just learning arabic...

http://fazza.ae/vb/t359435.html

its not a new poem but its a really nice one

what does it say about?

The poet was talking to his loved one when he heard a sad tone in her voice which reminded him of the old days or days that passed that took place between them. The poem also talks about how far the beloved one is but they will always stay in his heart/mind.
This is a love poem.

is there anyone who would like to write down the poem in english?i dont understand arabic at all..

Does he have his poems published in book or something like that?
And please, can somebody be that kind to translate more of them into English?
I see some of them translated here, thank you so much if you continue, guys :)
I do not want to use Google Translator, as I do not believe it that much..

Sh Hamdan spelled Lamia lately in his poems.
I think he has written Lamia at least twice just recently
Is it the special girl?

لام ميـمٍ ويـاءٍ والألـف في الخـتـامـي
Lam mim and ya and alif in my sign
وعقـبـها هالله هالله ويا سلامٍ سـلام
And after her hallah hallah and oh peace peace
[poem here]

That alphabets spells Lamia
And also another here
I'm happy it's an arabic name, so it's an arab girl
Someone seems still hopeful its a horse.. ha ha ha ha ha... erk! :p
PS: & I dunno if its the place to say this, but my arabic is getting better. I'm reading his website!

Last edited:
I looked up the name Lamia online and it has a very interesting meaning. Maybe he is using it as a literary allusion or a metaphor for some kind of meaning...I don't know. Here is the meaning of the name:

"LAMIA (Gk. Λαμία). Myth name of an evil spirit who abducts and devours children, meaning "vampire" in Greek and Latin.
Fabulous history mentions a queen of Libya, who, out of rage for the loss of her own children, ordered those of other women to be brought to her, and devoured them. From whence she was called Lamia, from the Phoenician word lahama, to devour. Upon this account, Diodorus tells us, that Lamia became a bugbear to children. And this satisfies M. Dacier with regard to the explanation of this passage in Plutarch. (Plutarch's Lives, Langhorne, 1859)"
It means witch or vampire in Latin. I doubt its a person, but a metaphore since it is poetry it has a deeper meaning maybe?
20000-NAMES: Meaning of the Baby Name Lamia. Origin of the first name Lamia. Etymology of the personal name Lamia.

This name has a meaning in Greek mythology...and Sh Hamdan being intelligent and a great poet would use references in his poetry to history etc. Even John Keats has a poem called "Lamia"...Here is another interesting link: http://www.answers.com/topic/lamia

a horse and now a monster ha ha ha ha ha :D
it must be hard being his sweetheart
i wonder why he writes about a monster?

LMFAO i think it's for a girl thats all
he wrote about that LAMYA long time ago
but maybe its just a nickname & not her real name :)

I remember him writing about a "Lamya" before, but I didn't expect the name to have such a significant meaning so I posted it because it's interesting. I'm not certain what he's really talking about though...anyway I think Lamya is an ugly name....

Lamya means a girl possessing brown lips
Thats the arabic meaning
Monster is in Greek :p

That's a much better and more beautiful meaning in Arabic.:) thanks Sally..

LMFAO i think it's for a girl thats all
he wrote about that LAMYA long time ago
but maybe its just a nickname & not her real name :)

Honestly girls, I do not think he would use her name so obviously!?!? So maybe it is a nick or even means something else.

Hi,
I found a translation for a poem with an explanation that Sh Hamdan wrote posted only today 27/1/2011. It explains why he chose the name Lamya for her:He says that he calls her that because she is a "strong black woman" meaning she must have the Arabian tanned/olive skin colour...as sally said it means 'having beautiful dark lips' or dark complexion...like the Arabian Gulf Arabs I'm thinking he means..

Here it is, and I'm putting the link for the original Arabic version from his website for those who can understand:

http://fazza.ae/vb/t367343.html

Peace, mercy and blessings of God .......... This analysis of the poem Win __________________________ Acts thousand years ... Prior to this, several Cal _______ remain secret in the heart of the poet himself ........ This is the poem: A speech in what is useful, even if the father Tell myself how to be blamed Khvoki and benefit from speech became planted in my heart all my Important flew me up and passed me a thousand years you felt Alkhvoq and pulse in my bones Bazami pulse and broke my bones and I like nights and adore adore obscurantist and Anna what you discern its light from the darkness of respect Ojeha and returned my respect and I am writing my blood name to respect you I'm Calling her name and forget all the pointers and name in the name m pointers Dear L M and J and one thousand in the final And was followed by Weah Hallah Hallah A. Peace, peace in his case and a thousand in front of me and Rdjatni in the world of the righteousness of longing ....... Analysis: A fratricide war ____ 1000 B 1 is today a year and a thousand year and this Spbbh. Booth ______'s dimension and abandonment and the length of pain, separation and abandonment, along Aalzerov Alwlmp, which is now determined to keep Hearts, until he became the poet feels that the year one thousand, Alsber do fatigue, heart, eye and cried, and the heart still loves .... __________________________________________________ ______ Poet can not blame these feelings and sensations that are owned Old love the strong and steadfast to his lover, because it is the reason why he can make this love lives of his injuries and Khovgah and feelings and make love eternal, love lasting and strong, so he can not blame his heart because his heart and mind participants of this love is painful. ... __________________________________________________ _________ Feel the feelings of the poet of pain and feelings of Mejrouhp until he finds is not in a thousand year did not see but feel and honestly, so that this pain is no longer limited to Alkhvoq and heart and feelings, but exceeded the bones in her wounds!!! No, it did not stop even to the bone from the intensity of his love for her and the pain also went beyond the bone in order to penetrate and break ....... __________________________________________________ _________ Despite all this suffering felt by the poet of love exiled enjoy this because this pain comes from the beloved dear, he remembers all night and throughout the night, like darkness and night because he did not slept because of his sweetheart, loves to be followed by his memory, so that L distinguishes between followed and Nharaha because it is on the mind Always .......... __________________________________________________ ____________ Dealing in the poet boasts that he works with them to loving sane respectable not peppered with the eruption of anger and respect, but also said the former analysis (Kish Mmlk), when the unfailing is not it, this corresponds to respect and reception when you return the love and respect. __________________________________________________ __________________ Lamia, this is the name of the Altbdeli Hpopth Asmlemya see it, I do not know Why he chose this name, but he sees it, if we look at the meaning of the name of the night we would find that the meaning of a beautiful strong black girl ....... This made the name of the poet's life a big issue the issue does not know the beginning of the end ... Pleasant and painful issue. End"

He never said that she's a strong black woman :ohmy:
There is no description of the Girl

He never said that she's a strong black woman :ohmy:
There is no description of the Girl

I used two different online computer translators and just pasted in the translation they gave me. They both have that phrase: "if we look at the meaning of the name of the night we would find that the meaning of a beautiful strong black girl" ، لا اعرف لمذا اختار هذا الاسم لكنه يراه فيها ، ولو نظرنا لمعنى اسم ليلة لوجدنا انه يحمل معنى الفتاة السمراء الجميلة القوية .......
according to the translation ....so your issue is with the translation services then...that is how the translation came out online. I suppose it could be debatable, but it makes sense what the online translation services translated it as since you said Lamya means having beautiful dark lips (I also googled it:)) so logically her complexion would not be very fair or white if she has dark lips. Anyway, most poems are subjective.;)

Here is the full in arabic from his website...
السلام عليكم ورحمة الله وبركاته ..........
هذا تحليل لقصيدة فز__________________________اع الف عام ... وقبل هذا كال_______عدة
يبقى السر في قلب الشاعر نفسه ........

هذه هي القصيدة :
ّّّألف عامّّّ

ما يفـيد الكـلام ولـو أبا احكـي كـلامي

كيف اعاتب خفوقي وما يفيد الكلام

من زرعته في قلبي صار كل اهتمامي

طار بي فوق هـامه ومرّ بي ألف عام

قمت احس الخفوق ونـبضها في عظامي

بعـظامي نبـضها وكسرت بي العظام

وآنا احب الليالي واعشق اعشق ظلامي

وآنا ما قـمـت امـيّـز نـورها من ظــلام

بـاحـتـرامٍ أجـيـها ورجـعـت بـاحـتــرامي

وآنا أكـتب بـدمّـي إسمـها بـاحـتــرام

قمت انادي إسمها وانسى كل الأسامي

واسمها في إسمها م الأسامي الكرام

لام ميـمٍ ويـاءٍ والألـف في الخـتـامـي

وعقـبـها هالله هالله ويا سلامٍ سـلام

ألف عـامٍ قضـيـته و ألـف عـامٍ أمـامي

ورجّعتني في عالم شوق برّ .......

التحليل :

ألف اعام ____ 1000 ب 1
أصبح اليوم بعام والعام بألف وهذا سبببه . طو______ل البعد والهجران وطول الالام والفراق والهجران ، طول االظروف الؤلمة التي باتت مصرة على ابعاد القلبين ، حتى أصبح الشاعر يشعر بأن العام بألف ، الصببر نفذ والقلب تعب ، والعين بكت ، والقلب ما زال يحب ....

__________________________________________________ ______

الشاعر لا يستطيع أن يلوم هذه المشاعر والاحاسيس التي يملكها بس حبها القوي والصامد على محبوبته ، لأنه هو السبب وهو من جعل هذا الحب يسكن جروحه وخوفقه ومشاعره وجعله الحب الابدي والحب الدائم والقوي ، لذا لا يستطيع ان يلوم قلبه لان قلبه وعقله مشتركين بهذا الحب المؤلم ....
__________________________________________________ _________

يشعر ويحس الشاعر بمشاعر الألم ومشاعر مجروحة حتى انه بات يرى العام بألف عام لا لا يرى بل يحس وبصدق ، حتى ان هذه الالام لم تعد مقصورة على الخفوق والقلب والمشاعر بل تعدت العظام في جروحها !!! لا وحتى انها لم تتوقف الى العظام من شدة حبه لها والمه ايضا تعدت العظام لكي تخترقها وتكسرها .......
__________________________________________________ _________

رغم كل هذا العذاب الذي يشعر به الشاعر من حبه المبعد يستمتع بهذا لان هذ الالم مصدره المحبوب الغالي ، الذي يتذكره بكل ليلة وطوال الليلة ، يحب الظلام والليالي لانه لا ينامها بسبب محبوبته ، يعشق ليليها بذكراه ، حتى انه لاا يفرق بين ليليها ونهاراها لانها على باله دائما ..........
__________________________________________________ ____________

الشاعر يفتخر بتعامله معها لانه تعمل محب عاقل محترم لا يتخلله الغضب والثوران بل الاحترام
كما ذكرت بتحليل الاسبق ( كش مملك )

، عندما تفارقه هي وليس هو ، يقابل هذا باحترام وعندما تعود يستقبلها بحب واحترام .
__________________________________________________ __________________

لميا ، هذا هو الاسم التبديلي لحبوبته يرى فيها اسملميا ، لا اعرف لمذا اختار هذا الاسم لكنه يراه فيها ، ولو نظرنا لمعنى اسم ليلة لوجدنا انه يحمل معنى الفتاة السمراء الجميلة القوية .......

اسمها هذا جعل من حياة الشاعر قضية كبيرة قضية لا يعرف بدايتها من نهايتها ...
قضية ممتعة ومؤلمة .
انتهى
http://fazza.ae/vb/t367343.html

the lamia i found is this
- abaya designer [here]
- world of wacraft [here]
- video games [here]

does he play online video games? could the poem be about video games :p
& funny the abaya is written by haila al hashemi
coz sh hamdan sat next to reem al hashemi recently [here, here] - she's gorgeous!

i wonder if reem is married, but it's not an al hashemi forum :R
i have so many question about reem (is she royal, how old is she, etc, but this is al maktoum's)

Last edited:
You girls made my day :D:D:D
thats funny
Well, Reem AlHashemi is an emirati minister of state

Last edited:
well there is a city called Lamia in Greece.. Is he writting for the greek city? xaxa :lol:

First of all I DON'T KNOW ARABIC MUCH :R
But is this right? I'm learning. TQ!

عـالم ثـاني
Second world

[the poem]

ما قمت اشوف الشمس ولاقمت اشوف النور
How I see the sun rised and I do not see the light rised

حتى في هـذا الـيوم ما اشـوف خـلاّني
Even on the day how I see my loneliness

ما ادري مكاني وين لو هي السـنين تـدور
How I know my place وين as long as the years revolve

ما ادري أنا في عـالـمي أو عـالمٍ ثـاني
How I know I'm in my world or the second world

يا هو غريب احساس ياهو غريب شعـور
Oh this strange sense oh this strange feeling

أعـيش بيـن الـناس .. لكـنـّـي وحـداني
I live between humans.. but I am alone

عشت اغرب الإحساس في مظلمات بحور
Lived the strange sense in dark contrast

واسمع صدى الأصوات إن ياك وان ياني
I hear the voice echoes verily oh you and verily oh me

نـاسٍ تـفــارق نـاس وكـلّ ٍ لـعـب في دور
Man abandons man and everything plays in circle

والـدرب لـي ودّاه ،، روّح ولا جـاني
And the path to me to love him, soul and not geanie (demon)

قام هذا ينـسى ذاك وذاك عايـشٍ مغـرور
Has he forget that and that live through arrogance

واخاف حتى الـروح .. الروح تـنساني
And I'm afraid over the soul .. The soul that forgets

من يومه العشرين خمسه وخمسه عـشور
From his day of 25 and 15

حـتى ظلام اللـيـل من جــوره يـعـانـي
That the night's darkness whose cruelty suffering me

طافـت عـليّ ايّـام وطافـت عـليّ شـهـور
Wandered through the day and wandered through the months

واحـتـارت الأيـّـام واحـتـار مـيــزانـي
And I honored the day and I honor my fairness

Last edited:
Good translation, you are improving ;)

I'm so afraid I get things wrong, so Thanks Very Much Sally! :flowers:
In this poem it seems the reference is to a man not a woman? Is it?

Last edited:
He seems so sad and so depressed in his poems. I mean all the loneliness, abandonment, and isolation is making me feel very sorry for him..and I hope he cheers up and that he finds happiness and peace of mind in his life. He seems lost wandering without his love or whatever is going on...But writing poetry is very therapeutic so maybe that helps him a lot so that is why he does it. Thank you for the translation sofness:flowers:. Are you studying Arabic on your own? If so very good job!:)

Thank You Very Much ArabianStar :flowers:
Only by Allah's Grace الحمد لله, I can understand
With Google Translate, my moms dictionary & I'm bugging someone ha ha

Last edited:
Sofness - how long has it taken you to get to this level of ability in Arabic? That seems pretty amazing to me, doing it on your own. Someday I hope to get the Rosetta Stone for Arabic - I would love to be able to read Arabic poetry, and not only Hamdan's. And to be able to speak Arabic would be wonderful. But right now I'm committed to learning Spanish.

In Hamdan's poetry he does sound sad - and emotionally isolated. In fact, he sounds depressed. I know how it can be to be surrounded with people - even people you love and care about, and still feel as if you were on the Moon, quite alone. But writing, poetry or prose, is a good way to let some of the sad feelings out, and perhaps it will help him move through whatever he is experiencing to a happier perspective. I certainly wish him well.

ما قمت اشوف الشمس ولاقمت اشوف النور
How I see the sun rised and I do not see the light rised

حتى في هـذا الـيوم ما اشـوف خـلاّني
Even on the day how I see my loneliness
even on this day i dont see my friends

ما ادري مكاني وين لو هي السـنين تـدور
How I know my place وين as long as the years revolve
i dont know where my place is if the years are passing

ما ادري أنا في عـالـمي أو عـالمٍ ثـاني
How I know I'm in my world or the second world
i dont know if im in my world or in another world

يا هو غريب احساس ياهو غريب شعـور
Oh this strange sense oh this strange feeling

أعـيش بيـن الـناس .. لكـنـّـي وحـداني
I live between humans.. but I am alone

عشت اغرب الإحساس في مظلمات بحور
Lived the strange sense in dark contrast

واسمع صدى الأصوات إن ياك وان ياني
I hear the voice echoes verily oh you and verily oh me

نـاسٍ تـفــارق نـاس وكـلّ ٍ لـعـب في دور
Man abandons man and everything plays in circle

والـدرب لـي ودّاه ،، روّح ولا جـاني
And the path to me to love him, soul and not geanie (demon)
and the path that took him away..he left and did not come to me

قام هذا ينـسى ذاك وذاك عايـشٍ مغـرور
this one started forgeting and that live through arrogance

واخاف حتى الـروح .. الروح تـنساني
And I'm afraid over the soul .. The soul that forgets
and i'm scared even my soul.. my soul forgets me
من يومه العشرين خمسه وخمسه عـشور
From his day of 25 and 15

حـتى ظلام اللـيـل من جــوره يـعـانـي
That the night's darkness whose cruelty suffering me

طافـت عـليّ ايّـام وطافـت عـليّ شـهـور
Wandered through the day and wandered through the months
days have passed me by and months have passed me by

واحـتـارت الأيـّـام واحـتـار مـيــزانـي
And I honored the day and I honor my fairness

i tried my best to translate what i thought was not right most of the others i really did not know how to translate in english

TQ TQ!
pls correct me if I'm wrong

In the lamia poem, I assume he said

وآنا احب الليالي واعشق اعشق ظلامي
I love my nights and I'm passionate with my darkness
وآنا ما قـمـت امـيّـز نـورها من ظــلام
And how I raised I honor her light from darkness
بـاحـتـرامٍ أجـيـها ورجـعـت بـاحـتــرامي
With honor أجـيـها and returned with my honor
وآنا أكـتب بـدمّـي إسمـها بـاحـتــرام
And I write with my blood her name with honor
قمت انادي إسمها وانسى كل الأسامي