The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 03-08-2013, 04:47 PM
Royal Highness

Well,I think exactly the same-somehow I can´t believe he is single but again,who knows?However I don´t think that he wrote that sorry-poem from his experience because when he was reciting it there was no pain or suffering in his voice and usually you would be quite sad when your fairytale romance has gone bad and your partner has left you.

Old 03-08-2013, 05:02 PM
Aristocracy

Blauerengel..i agree with you aswel,either he is pulling from other stories or just from his imagination, which I must say is a good thing from an artist, a vivid imagination. I am afraid some people lose this as they get older and much wiser.

Old 03-08-2013, 06:38 PM
Serene Highness

Poetry has something to do with the skill to experiment with words and feelings. Not decisive is that you have personally experienced the written. Imagination alone creates feelings in the reader or listener, which are linked to his/her conceptions or experiences. The mixing of topics greatly expand interpretations and stimulate our thought. Poetry is an art. And the best artist is who can write from deep inside the imagination and be able to open a space of emotions in the listener.

Note the length and end of each verse lines of Sheikh Hamdans poems which are posted in the thread in Arabic. Even without knowledge of Arabic language you would notice something......

Quote:
Originally Posted by blauerengel View Post
Imanmajed,can you tell us what you think about that poem,I could not really make much sense out of it...well,at least I know that obviously the person in the poem was left by a beautiful girl because of his mistakes or egoism but I don´t understand how Arab horses,camels and birds have anything to do with a broken heart or an unlucky miserable relationship?
I think that poem is not from his own experience but rather his imagination and creativity,he may have used a story that he has heard?When he recited the poems,he didn´t seem overly emotional or sad about the fact that this "queen of my heart" hes left him,but that´s only my impression.
I want to answer your questions as soon as possible. Need a little bit time.....

Old 03-09-2013, 01:14 AM
Gentry

Quote:
Back to the topic-I think that Sheikh Hamdan knows every line of his poems will be analyzed to death by his fans & critics as well-so he should not be surprised that everyone is wondering about the mystery girl he is writing about!Being single with no kids-with his looks,family background and the large crowd of female admirers is strange or at least raises a few questions.
But using charlieprk´s quote we could say he might want to enjoy the milk without having to buy the cow;-)
Speaking of fangirls, wow I didn't know some people were so obsessed with him!

â™”A Fangirls Guide to Fazzaâ™”
Old 03-09-2013, 03:43 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kalila18 View Post

Well, they are and there are many of them The page above is one of the more "normal" ones,there are really crazy ppl who act as if they were already married to Hamdan or write that they want to die if he has another girl

But I believe the Al Maktoum family does enjoy the kind of persona cult that is made around them because they are publishing most of the pictures,stories &videos themselves! Sheikh Mohammed and his children do put up a lot of pictures and videos on their own page,they are not victims to something they didn´t create themselves.For instance-I really adore and swoon over little Shamma (Nasser & Sheikha´s girl) ,she is overly cute but sometimes I wonder why they publish pictures of her and other babies on public pages like twitter or facebook?They could also swatch the pics in a private way-so they decided that they want to share their childrens pictures and part of their life with a wider public.
That´s their own decision,but they should not later be shocked about fans who want to know everything about their kids,their private life etc. You can´t put the spirit back into the bottle onece you have let it free.....
Personally I would rather act like Princess Haya-showing her kids as little as possible,only for events and special occasions and she doesn´t even have an official facebook or twitter page-but everyone should do as they wish!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imanmajed
Note the length and end of each verse lines of Sheikh Hamdans poems which are posted in the thread in Arabic. Even without knowledge of Arabic language you would notice something......
What do you want to imply? Do Arabic poems usually rhyme or not?I belive that Nabati poems do not rhyme but are rather told in a free,natural way.
In Europe most people expect a poem to rhyme even though there are very different forms of poetry and special modern poems that have more in common with a haiku or just a flow of conscience than an old-fashioned poem.
Just a silly example to illustrate what I mean-we would write

I have a sweet little yellow house
in the cheesy home lives a mouse
chilling in the light of the sun
while her toddlers are having fun

instead of

Living in the cheese-made house
a little mouse tidies the room
waiting in the cold of dawn
for her kids to come back home
. Helen Keller
Old 03-10-2013, 07:25 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
But I believe the Al Maktoum family does enjoy the kind of persona cult that is made around them because they are publishing most of the pictures,stories &videos themselves! Sheikh Mohammed and his children do put up a lot of pictures and videos on their own page,they are not victims to something they didn´t create themselves.
For the UAE rulers and their families it is important to present their life publicly to some extent. They hold meetings with nationals and non-nationals and want to know, what are their requests, concerns or other things which requires a clarification (named: majlis or diwaniya). The Sheikhs, Sheikhas or CP´s use the modern media and choose, what they want to share with us. Our rulers are close to their people and show it in this way also. They have to live with the negative consequences which accompany this "public life". But in my eyes, they show their high personal commitment to accept all the adverse effects.

Quote:
What do you want to imply? Do Arabic poems usually rhyme or not?I belive that Nabati poems do not rhyme but are rather told in a free,natural way.
First we have to make a small difference: Nabati poems are a part of Arabic poetry in general. But the Nabati poetry is not the only form of represented poems in the Arabic-speaking world. It is the vernacular poetry of the tribes of the Arabian Peninsula.

Classical Nabati poems (called shi´r nabati in arabic) have usually two rhymes, one for the first hemistichs, and a different rhyme for the second. Many poets lets rhyme their poems with this style. So you can see easily without knowledge of Arabic language what I mean: Please give an attention on the last letters of each verse in the poem. The most will know: Arabic is written/read from right to left, so the last letters are those on the left side. You will noticed the mostly verses ends with the same letters (marked in red and green, it occurs periodic change between the both colors). Note: green colored letters in line 8 looks different, but are nearly the same in the form of pronunciation:نا = نئ

ياللي تِـمر عْروق قلبي نَـظـرتك وتْتـلَّها
ألله عليك مْن الحسد واهل الحسد والله لنا
الشيله اللي فوق وجهك يا حبيبي شلَّها
خل الخجل منّك وسولف لي ما غير انته وانا
سوالفك حلوه ، ومن زود الغلا ما املّها
ألله من حرفٍ تمَكَّن في شفايفك وْ دَنا
إلى ثنيت رموشك اللي فوق خَدّك ظِلّها
يعكس تثنّاها ، تعال وشوف قلبي لا انثنى
إر سم لي اللهفه ودع نفسي تبرِّد غِلَّها
مصيرنا نفنى ، وكم واحد من الدنيا فنا
لو قلت إن الشمس ت شبه طلّتك في طلّها
يوم اشرقت والورد متفتِّح وجاهز للجنا
أقدر أقول لنور وجهك يوم تشرق ذلَّها
ميّزك من سوّاك عنها في الشروق وْفي السنا
القلب بَعْدك ثار ، والعين الدموع تهلَّها

(a translation of this poem written by Sheikh Hamdan can be found in post # 338 by blauerengel on page 17 in this thread if necessary)

In the past, the poems were transmitted orally. Therefore, the texts of the poems were mostly spontaneous found, pronounced and recites. Also today Nabati poems were told in a free, natural way. That´s right. But that doesn´t meant, that they are free of rhyme. Unlike you assume Nabati poetry has a highly formalised structure. Though none is compulsory, there are a number of common structural elements which occur with great frequency. Often several of them occur in a single poem.

A large proportion of all Arabic poetry is written using the monorhyme, Qasidah. This is simply the same rhyme used on every line of a poem. While this may seem a poor rhyme scheme for people used to western literature it makes sense in a language like Arabic which has only three vowels (a, i, u) which can be either long or short. Other poems follow the tradtional pattern of double mono-rhyhme, wherein each verses being divided into two equal hemistichs (arabic: satr).

Nabati poetry reflects many aspects of people´s life and the social enviroment of the Arabian Peninsula. Inwardly, Nabati poetry is extremely democratic - may achieve fame on account of his/her eloquence regardless of the state of a person in society. And there lies the importance of nabati poetry: it creates a common cultural space, where differences in formal education, tribal affiliation or social position are no impediment. Remarkably, verses can be also composed orally by illiterate poet masters of the art and has remained close to spirit of bedouins.

Subject matter of the Nabaty poetry and its historical background you can find here: Nabati Poetry Introduction

Also poems in form of dialogues or debates are popular in UAE. A common type called murasala (engl. correspondence) is when a poet sends a poem on a particular subject to another poet. The recipient must reply in the same metre, with the same rhyme-scheme , and the reply must be at least as long as the orginal. Both poets have the chance to show off their technical virtuosity in the use of language. The second poet is effectively being set a challenge by the first to top his poem. And if he does, the first poet may send back a rejoinder which will also need to be topped. This can go on back and forth for a long time. A lengthy exchange of this type was between the Emirati poet Abdullah bin Ali al Shibani and the late ruler of the UAE, Sheikh Zayed bin Sultan al Nahyan for instance.

I do not know all the poems of Sheikh Hamdan. Of course it is possible that some of his poems differs from the classical rhymes of Nabati poetry. Maybe not all is Nabati what he has written. But I have not an example in my mind right now.

Old 03-12-2013, 09:55 PM
Commoner

Any chance to buy a book?
Old 03-13-2013, 03:01 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Girl Julia View Post
Any chance to buy a book?
Sheikh Mohammed bin Rashid has been published some of his poems as a book.

Title: Poems from the desert, ISBN: 9781860632525,
Publisher: Motivate Publishing
Publication Date: 2009-03-01
Language: english

Sheikh Hamdan did not publish his poems in a book. The poems are available in Arabic only on his homepage: Hamdan Bin Mohammed Bin Rashed | Fazza

Old 03-14-2013, 04:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kalila18 View Post

Didn’t think discussing assumptions about fan pages had anything to do with poetry. I am not here to start drama only defending myself & my page. I am simply a fan of Hamdan, just like you. I am not obsessed with him either. I do not declare love for him, I don't believe we will ever get married or fall in love. I do not stalk him or start rumors. I am a fan from afar. My page is all in fun. Just like this forum is to you, it's all in fun. My page is mostly for others anyway, hence the title.

The fans of Hamdan on Tumblr simply share photos, poems and videos. My page is very similar to these forums. I discuss his poetry and have my opinions. I try to defuse any rumors that come my way about him. I talk and interact with other fans about the royal family and about the Arab culture. Just because my page isn’t a forum doesn’t make me obsessed. Like I said, I am just a fan…just like you and just like the rest of the users of this website. We are all fans of a royal family.
Old 03-15-2013, 04:36 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissAnastasia View Post
Didn’t think discussing assumptions about fan pages had anything to do with poetry. I am not here to start drama only defending myself & my page. I am simply a fan of Hamdan, just like you. I am not obsessed with him either. I do not declare love for him, I don't believe we will ever get married or fall in love. I do not stalk him or start rumors. I am a fan from afar. My page is all in fun. Just like this forum is to you, it's all in fun. My page is mostly for others anyway, hence the title.

The fans of Hamdan on Tumblr simply share photos, poems and videos. My page is very similar to these forums. I discuss his poetry and have my opinions. I try to defuse any rumors that come my way about him. I talk and interact with other fans about the royal family and about the Arab culture. Just because my page isn’t a forum doesn’t make me obsessed. Like I said, I am just a fan…just like you and just like the rest of the users of this website. We are all fans of a royal family.
Hello,please don´t take any offence by other posters!
I have only used your page to cite the original source of the translated poems because I don´t want to share other people´s work (translating the poems) without giving credit and giving the source of my knowledge.

It is alright to create a fanpage and share his pics,poems and infos,after all you are helping Hamdan with such sort of unpaid-propaganda enourmously-if I am allowed to say so I could snappily comment that he was not only chosen based on his skills,education and merit but also to a large extent due to his good looks and his charismatic personality. (Nothing wrong with that!)He is very popular among his citizens and girls love him as well,so if he doesn´t screw up with bad political decisions I don´t mind having a handsome politician,as a woman I would rather enjoy having more of the same because most of OUR politicians are old and in very bad shape and not doing what I expect them to do;-)
If merit,intelligence and dedication were important,Sheikh Maktoum (Hamdan´s brother) would be named the Crown Prince of Dubai....

Furthermore we are all joined here because we have a silly infatuation for the sheikhs and sheikhas and royalty in general and if you follow TRF you will find out that it is 80% gossip,only very little exchange of information and knowledge

But it´s all fun and trivial,so nobody should get overly emotional or protective of their favourite royal!
(Did you say something nasty about Sheikh Majid,Sheikha Moza,CP Victoria or the young Luxemburg CP couple?Ehhh?
No? Than we can be friends ;-)
. Helen Keller
Old 03-15-2013, 11:44 AM
Gentry

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissAnastasia View Post

I did not mean any sort of ill-intent, and I'm very sorry if it came off that way! I did not mean to offend anyone. I wasn't suggesting you were obsessed, I guess "obsessed" wasn't really the right word to use. It has too many negative connotations.
Old 09-06-2013, 07:10 PM
Gentry

إهـــداء خـــاص لـمـتـذوقــيـــن الــشــعــــر
ـ ـ
الــشـعــر ديــــوان ماضـي عـربـنـا والأداه
الـتـي كـانـــت تــوضــــح لــنــا عــاداتــهـا
ـ ـ
دايــٍم مـــن يكــتــبــه إيـتـمّـنـى مــن قـــراه
الـتـبحّـر فـي القـصـيــده عــبــر كـلمـاتـهـا
ـ ـ
بــس انـا ما قـلـتـه اطـمـع لـشهره مـن وراه
قـــلـتــه أداوي جــروح الــبـشــر واهـاتـهــا
ـ ـ
كـيـف يـطـمـح فـيـه واحـد ِذكـر جـده وابـاه
إصــنـعــت مكـانـتـه من عـظــم وقـفــاتـهــا
ـ ـ
لـيـس مثـلـي مـن قـصـيـده تـرّفـع مسـتـواه
لـو مـن الـمـرجـان واللـول صـغـت ابـيـاتـها
ـ ـ
كـم صغـيـر فـي الـعـمـر وصل للـعـالم نباه
وصـادم ْبـهـامـتـه نــاس لـهــا هـامـاتـهــــا
ـ ـ
بالـمكارم تـسمـع اسـمـه مـن افـواه الـرواه
وغـيـره اسـمـاهـا حـســب دخـل عـقـاراتها
ـ ـ
لـو عمـيـنـا الـعـيـن وشلـون نـكـتـم كـل فـاه
والـعــرب أكــثـر مـا فــيــهــا عـدد رواتـهـــا
ـ ـ
والـربـيـع اللـي تـناسى ربـيـعه .. وش بـلاه
غـــّرتـــه دنــيـــاه يــوم اكـــثــرت لــّذاتـــهـا
ـ ـ
للـصـديق مـن الـصديـق يـتحّمـل له خـطـاه
والأصـدقـاء مـع بـعـضـها حـسـب نـّيـاتـها
ـ ـ
والبـنـى آدم كـل واحد حسـب ما الله عطـاه
سـّيـئــات الـنـاس مـاهي مـثـل حـسـنـاتهـا
ـ ـ
والــدول مـع بـعـضهـا لـو يـصـيـر اشـتبـاه
الــتـقـّدم مـصـلـحـتـهـا عــلـــى أزمـاتـهــــا
ـ ـ
كـم نـصحـتـه والـنصيـحه من المسـلم لخـاه
وقـلـت لــه: يـاخـلـّـهـا َمــْعــك والاّ هــاتــهــا
ـ ـ
وانـت بــعــت الــِود والــِود مـن باعــه شـراه
واعـرف مــشــاعر الــنــاس من نـظــراتـهـا
ـ ـ
الـسـؤال اللـي يـراودنـي عـلـى كـل اتـجـاه
عـنـد مثـلـك سلـعة الطـيــب كـم ُدفـعـاتـهــا
ـ ـ
لا تحـسـب ان كل جافي بكت عيني جـفـاه
لــي مــقــامـاتـــي ولـلــنـــاس مقـاماتـهـــا
ـ ـ
شــخص لا مـن غـاب ُبعده يشـّتت الانـتباه
وشـخص لا مـن غـاب نــفسك تحس بذاتها
ـ ـ
نـاس .. نـبكـيها لو انـها على قـيـد الـحـياه
ونـاس ما يـاّثــر عــلـيـنـا خــبـــر وفــاتــهــا
Here's Sheikh Hamdan's new poem. Would anyone please translate it? Thanks in advance!
Old 09-06-2013, 07:37 PM
Aristocracy

It's not a new poem.
Old 09-20-2013, 02:14 PM
Aristocracy

What is good site to translate his work?
Old 09-21-2013, 05:47 AM
Royal Highness

The best way is to ask a native speaker for a translation,other services like translating computers or google translate are not doing justice to the poems...

Tags
al maktoum, dubai, hamdan, hamdan bin mohammed, poem, poetry, sheikh hamdan, sheikh hamdan married