The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 02-09-2011, 12:44 PM
Aristocracy

@ Zusan Harun: "the men said that they know instantly when he meet the one, but remember this, we have seen lots of smart men being end up with stupid girls, but we seldom even never to see a smart woman being end up with the stupid man..:) "
True i agree with you. But these "smart" men are usually the ones who were led by LUST, INFATUATION as i said before by looking only at the girl's outside beauty, or the good sex that they have. So then they end up breaking their faces cause all that glitter is not gold and within months or 1 year or 2 they get tired of each other and part ways cause down deep thats not what they are looking for.. All that lust and infatuation is NOT enough to keep them together. One's true colors will eventually come out and reality will hit u in the face!! :s

Old 02-09-2011, 01:05 PM
Commoner

ya, thats true dear, thats the classic problem of the men, they sometimes cant make different, which is the love or just infatuation..
the discussion is so exciting, love it love it !! love u all guys.
the theory about making a community has proven, the community can be formed becoz of having the same visions :)

Old 02-09-2011, 01:21 PM
Gentry

You know girls I must say just for the record that from what I have been told many times, he is in a relationship with someone, but I don't know why the only evidence discussing this are some of his poems and I've found many you tube comments also but no one says anything directly. I keep waiting for more news to come out, but several people with ties to dubai who are unrelated to this forums have confirmed this for me. However, I do not want to add more to the fire or stir up gossip...because it's not gossip, but I dont want to contradict myself with what I write either. It's easy to try to pretend nothing is going on and just take the poems lightly, but maybe one day the whole truth will be uncovered I don't know how.

Until then, I have always enjoyed poems and literature so I'll just see it in that way.
Old 02-09-2011, 04:36 PM

I like read your comments girls.... because each of us interprets his poems as wishes.
The poetry is this:only the poet knows the truth...maybe Hamdan imagines the woman he loves,maybe he found her,maybe he 'll find her,maybe he lost her....we don t know:-)
But isn t important! for me the most important thing is read his poems indipendently of identity of her.
I don t know Hamdan and I'll never know him,I'll never know him as a man,as a person,and I'll never know the things of his private life;but i can read his poems and i know that Hamdan is a wonderful poet and is a person that indipendently of his private life,he test deep feelings to life.
I wish him that one day he will meet the right person...the right woman....a woman that she ll loves him for what he is inside.
What they say in Dubai?That he is in love with someone?
Old 02-09-2011, 04:57 PM
Gentry

[QUOTE=zusan harun;1202536]i cant believe this...hamdan, with the innocent eyes insulted his love one in front of the people like this... :(
QUOTE]

Yes, his eyes do look innocent, but I am quite sure he is a sly old dog
Old 02-09-2011, 11:32 PM
Commoner

I'm so immature and stupid after reading all your tread

But I strongly feel that it's extremely normal if sheikh H have a girlfriend for his age and background, whether they are still together or break up or something else.
Old 02-10-2011, 03:36 AM
Gentry

Quote:
Originally Posted by aiimyl View Post
But I strongly feel that it's extremely normal if sheikh H have a girlfriend for his age and background, whether they are still together or break up or something else.
did anyone doubt that??? we just said that it is not so easy for him to find a girl or to be with one because of his position and his restrictions.
I personally do believe (just what I think!!!) that he was engagend with sheikha sheikha and it was called off. I do not have a clue if he is actually with someone!? But I see something special coming up, I think he will kind of break the rules, meaning he will be with a "normal" western girl or whatever...just what I feel
Old 02-10-2011, 08:17 AM
Gentry

only Hamdan knows what he has in his heart..
Old 02-10-2011, 09:47 AM

i m agree souzi!

Dear aiimyl each says what he wants....I also I don t want to know if hamdan is engaged,is will engage,is in love,or other...this i don t care!
But I think that is normal for a reader of poetry to imagine what the poet wants to say and for who!for example I read poem of many poets because i love the poetry and whenever I m captured by poems!Sometimes i ask myself:"she loves the poet as the poet loves her?"for all the poets of love that i read....
With my imagination i can only hope that she returne and he ll returne his love:-)
Old 02-11-2011, 04:39 AM
Gentry

i don't think it is easy for him to find his real love..as long as he is a crown prince..
Old 02-11-2011, 04:49 AM
Super Moderator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger
Picture of the Month Assistant Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by souzi1990 View Post
i don't think it is easy for him to find his real love..as long as he is a crown prince..
I don't think your position will draw a line whether you will or not, many Kings, Queens, Crown Prince/ss etc have found their partners so why cant Hamdan?
We are all assuming who his poems are for, what if they are meant for someone, what if its for an imaginary person.
Old 02-11-2011, 10:26 AM

My brother is an amazing poet and if you ever read one of his romantic poems you'll think this guy has fallen deep in love from the way he describes his lover and even little tiny details and conversation between them you'd never doubt the presence of that person in his life.. so I asked him once who's that girl?!! And he simply answered " I don't really know". So all of these things he put together in a form of a beautiful romantic poem was purely immagination. you really never know if it is a real or just pure imagination untill you ask the writer himself :)
Old 02-12-2011, 04:19 AM

yes.....realI,also,like to write....and i know that only the writer knows.
Old 02-12-2011, 06:51 PM
Courtier

Agree 100% Im sure its the same for Hamdan
Old 02-13-2011, 04:54 PM
Commoner

Got a question.....

Hello everybody! I haven't been in a while around here, but i must admit i do enjoy your commitment for this threat! I can only admire all of you! I always was interested in arabic poetry so it's very nice to see that some care enough to translate few of them!

I have a question though, if anybody cares enough to answer it i would greatly appreciate it. I just started [verry very recently] to learn a little arabic, mostly by myself... the reason being obviously Hamdan's poetry
But i was just wondering, when he speaks out in the soirees does he speak the MSA (modern standard) or does he use a dialect specific from the Gulf?
Just finished with the alphabet and few basic words.. so i was wondering....
Will i be able to understand what he is saying JUST by learning the MSA? Or should i give up?

Thank you in advance.....
Old 02-13-2011, 05:26 PM
Courtier

Hey Tamy,
All Hamdan poems are in Khaliji dialect, and some of them are easy to understand if you know classic arabic, and others are just difficult if you are not a pure khaliji person. Anyway, i encourage you to learn classic arabic, its better than nothing & it can surely help you not just fot Hamdan poems, there are other successful arab poets too :)
Old 02-14-2011, 05:36 AM
Commoner

Thank you so much for the response! I really really REALLY appreciate it!
Old 02-14-2011, 08:42 AM

beautiful!!i see that many persons love the poetry of hamdan and this is a very good things bacause he deserves this...

and then is beautiful because the poetry in general is a "cradle of great feelings" and from antiquity to date is a great way to write!

dear tamy,i also,like you,I would like to learn Arabic not only to can read the poetry of hamdan and of others arabic poets,but also to know a different language that is expressed by symbols and not with letters like my and others.but i couldn t never....it s too difficult!!
Old 02-23-2011, 03:11 PM
Aristocracy

nope its a really really old one... since 2008
Old 03-12-2011, 08:41 AM
Gentry

HH Sheikh Hamdan's poetry in English :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tamy K. View Post
Hello everybody! I haven't been in a while around here, but i must admit i do enjoy your commitment for this threat! I can only admire all of you! I always was interested in arabic poetry so it's very nice to see that some care enough to translate few of them!

I have a question though, if anybody cares enough to answer it i would greatly appreciate it. I just started [verry very recently] to learn a little arabic, mostly by myself... the reason being obviously Hamdan's poetry
But i was just wondering, when he speaks out in the soirees does he speak the MSA (modern standard) or does he use a dialect specific from the Gulf?
Just finished with the alphabet and few basic words.. so i was wondering....
Will i be able to understand what he is saying JUST by learning the MSA? Or should i give up?

Thank you in advance.....
I must admit that I heard some of Hamdan's poetry online and was frustrated by my inability to speak Arabic. So I've just started teaching myself, prior to taking some classes.

Today I discovered that his website has been updated to include translation into English yay !

Tags
al maktoum, dubai, hamdan, hamdan bin mohammed, poem, poetry, sheikh hamdan, sheikh hamdan married