The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 02-08-2011, 11:09 AM
Commoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by LV_GiRL View Post
More girls at his convinience. In another words "shes NOT the only one." WOW way to go Hamdan u're are truly an AL Maktoum!
Like father, like son!
r u sure abt this? how could a hamdan can say that rude to the girl whom he loves?i dont think so...

i cant believe this...hamdan, with the innocent eyes insulted his love one in front of the people like this... :(

maybe it will be better if someone in this forum can provide his poems in english in full version, so we all can discusse n combine abt the meaning comprehensively from different point of view....

Old 02-08-2011, 11:32 AM
Gentry

I agree with you Zusan Harun. I don't believe he said such things about his love either, and it would be great to have a full and accurate translation in English. If I get someone to do it for me I will share it here:).

Old 02-08-2011, 05:19 PM
Aristocracy

just as a note sometimes poetry does not have to be about some1 in specefic some times its a feeling that has nothing to do with a girl but comes out sounding like a love poem even if he uses a name it might be that he means a place or a horse ..
eg, a very well known poem was a love poem for a lady named salma but turned out to be about an area that the poet loves (not written by Hamdan)
Old 02-08-2011, 05:29 PM
Commoner

FIRST, I DON'T KNOW ARABIC MUCH BUT LEARNING
SO PLS CORRECT ME WHEN I'M WRONG TQ

حديقة ورود
Rose Garden

[poem here]

حَـلّ الظما في خاطر المنهـل العـذب

وامسى كما نـجـمٍ تـباعـد بـريـقـه
and the evening as stars distance its luster

ما ودي الـبعـد عـنـك لكـنـّـه الـقـرب
how my affection is distant from you but it is near

الـقـرب ظام الـقـلب ما بَـلّ ريـقه
near the heart's thirst even his saliva

قِـلّ المطر ما يروي الـقاع لو خصب

الـقـاع تـرويه الـسـيـول الـدفـيـقه

هذا وانا ضاري على المحمل الصعب
this and my hunger over the laden the complicated

ومـحـَـمّـل الأيـّــام ما لا تـطـيـقـه
and laden the day unbearable

لا تحـسب انـّـك ناهـبٍ حاضري نهب

عندي على ماضي سنـينك وثـيقه
i have upon my past your years and its nearness

إن كان وَردك تـاه غـصنه على القـلب
if had your rose strayed its branch to the heart

عادي أضيّع ورد ، عندي حـديقه
mere wasted rose, with me garden

إن كان صغر السن عذرك وانا الذنب
if the small thorn is your excuse and i'm of guilt

قبل العـذر والـذنب عـطني دقـيقه
accept the excuse and the guilt withers tiny pieces

كم لي وانا امـشـّي كـلامك وهو كــذب

برقـعـت لعـيونك عـيون الحـقـيقه
veiled to your eyes eyes of the truth

يا جـرح قـلـبي لا تـسـولـف عن الطـب
oh my wounded heart do not elapse the medicine

لا تضحك وعينك بدمعـك غريقه
do not laugh while your eyes drown tears

إنت اصلاً آخر شخص يحكي عن الحب
you're originally the last person he tells about the love

الحب غايه ..
the greatest love

وانت حبّـك طريقه
and you your love is his destiny

PS: I wanna verify with my arabic fluent friend
but I'm shy if Sh Hamdan wrote something romantic :R
Old 02-08-2011, 06:26 PM

thanks sofness.... I tried for a long time the poems in english of this person....but I could not find these.
then I found this site:-)and i see that some poems are in english....i m not arabic but i like very much themes and the style of hamdan....:-(i would like to reade more poems in english!if I knew the Arabic i would traslate for you....but is my problem.for this reason i m in this forum where I did not want to register.
Old 02-08-2011, 08:12 PM
Commoner

ur welcome :)

i'm not a poetry person, but i enjoy working it out it's like solving puzzles!

about the "mere wasted rose"... i hv a funny imagination that if he intends it for his sweetheart - did they argue or something? did she went to this website & saw someone (me ha ha) saying he loves Lamia & all the gothic girls... and becomes an argument? well, he shouldn't name her with a name that's noted for a child eating vampire... :R

the "wasted rose" could it be he's telling her to pass of my monstrous view of Lamia
to him Lamia is a very beautiful garden of roses
yeah now, seems he uses "rose" a lot.
rose is beautiful, fragrant & lovely
Old 02-08-2011, 11:19 PM
Commoner

god~~
I really think his girl is so dim monnlight
and maybe she is even a Unknown Guest for hisself~
she is not his girlfriend or even his friend
so he can just memory and realize and understand her in a very distance view……
Old 02-08-2011, 11:46 PM
Gentry

Thank you sofness for that lovely translation. It was a really pretty poem.

For aiimyl, what do you mean by his girl is "dim moonlight"? And her being an unknown guest??

I've asked some friends to help me translate and I'll post the translation if I receive it.

Still I think it would be a wonderful thing to be so loved and so cherished and may Allah protect them from the evil eye and envious people.
Quote:
Originally Posted by zusan harun View Post
r u sure abt this? how could a hamdan can say that rude to the girl whom he loves?i dont think so...

i cant believe this...hamdan, with the innocent eyes insulted his love one in front of the people like this... :(

maybe it will be better if someone in this forum can provide his poems in english in full version, so we all can discusse n combine abt the meaning comprehensively from different point of view....
Quote:
Originally Posted by aiimyl View Post
god~~
I really think his girl is so dim monnlight
and maybe she is even a Unknown Guest for hisself~
she is not his girlfriend or even his friend
so he can just memory and realize and understand her in a very distance view……
Old 02-09-2011, 12:42 AM
Commoner

I think they are not friend or even they aren't familiar with each other……
maybe his girl is some strange for him and is hard to reach for her
that is my understand of HH hamdan's poem
Old 02-09-2011, 02:58 AM
Commoner

thank you very much for the translation, Sofness :)

I dont know, somehow I feel that this poem is not as strong as His another poem, titled "One Year".

In my opinion, Hamdan only wanted to say that he hasnt found yet the love one. He mentioned in his love poems that his love one is so so far away. Maybe it means, because of his complicated situation, so He cant be that freely to find the girl who loves him not only as the prince, but sees Hamdan as himself, his personality, thats why he considered that his dream about true love with the love one is far away, hard to be reached.

He only wants a true love, and once He had found it, he would give all of his love and make her as the only one love ever, as the first and the last.

I still dont have any idea or feeling that Hamdan addressed this poem to a spesific girl.
Old 02-09-2011, 04:34 AM
Gentry

I do not speak arabic...unfortunately. But I agree to you what you are saying about Hamdan's situation. I have already mentionned it earlier in the forum. For him being such a known person and the crown prince of dubai it is not easy to find the perfect girl. he cannot go as normal people in clubs, bars, to events etc.. he has a lot of commitments and restrictions. for example what if he would fall in love with a western girl (no muslime)!?
I do wish that he will found the right person and the big love we all are dreaming of but honestly I am not sure if he will only be with one woman...
Old 02-09-2011, 05:00 AM
Gentry

Quote:
Originally Posted by aiimyl View Post
I think they are not friend or even they aren't familiar with each other……
maybe his girl is some strange for him and is hard to reach for her
that is my understand of HH hamdan's poem
In this case it would sound like to me that this girl/his love is from an arranged marriage or semi-arranged relationship and maybe due to the fact he is Muslim and does not date or go to bars and clubs in his culture that he is with her but they are not familiar with each other yet. In Muslim countries and in Islamic marriages the "get to know you" part/phase comes after the marriage contract is signed and takes place, not before as in other religions and cultures. Devout Muslims do not date or mingle freely with the opposite sex before marriage so this could explain this dichotomy in his poems, perhaps.

I do however believe it is meant for a specific person as a lot of the clues in his poems are beginning to be added together now...anyway, that's just my partial analysis and as Hamdan says when he analyzes his poems on his website "the rest is a secret in the heart of the poet" or something like that.
Old 02-09-2011, 05:37 AM
Commoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by anea18 View Post
I do wish that he will found the right person and the big love we all are dreaming of but honestly I am not sure if he will only be with one woman...
Your last sentence remembering me to King Mongkut of Siam who has 26 wives, after he had met Anna, and did the last dance with Anna before Anna went back to England, He said " i just know now, that how a man can be satisfied with only one woman (wife)."

Man can be satisfied with a complete woman, when he had met the right one, a woman with superb inner quality, not only body and beauty.
So I think there is still a possibility that Hamdan will be with only one woman, if only He lucky to find her.. :)
Old 02-09-2011, 06:07 AM
Gentry

What if he is talking about a woman he hasn’t met yet? A woman who is only one mirage, one dream, one longing or desire? A woman that he solely sees, pecks and sympathize to.
Just imagine that he has dreamed of his beloved but the greatest sorrow is due to the fact he doesn’t know her cause she exists in his mind, not in his familiar world.
Maybe she invades his privacy and he wants to find out who she is, where she is if really subsists.
But that mightn’t be the right interpreting. :)
Old 02-09-2011, 06:10 AM

I'm assuming sh. hamdan is living a forbidden love in other words a love that can not be announced. Maybe he's in love with a non Muslim/Arab girl which is not easily accepted in his cultures. Or maybe he is separated by a long distant from the person he love. At the end of the day... Only him can answer this.
Old 02-09-2011, 09:13 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by zusan harun View Post
...In my opinion, Hamdan only wanted to say that he hasnt found yet the love one...
I agree with u.
But maybe all his poems are just imagination, and nothing from his real life.
We can't know Personnaly, i find all arab poems the same like the description of woman beauty rarely change & hamdan poems are not an exception. We can remark that his favorite subjects are separation & sad love.
Old 02-09-2011, 11:32 AM
Aristocracy

Hey Dolls! Wazzup? If i may let me give you my sincere pov on sheikh hamdan's love life. (remember this is just what i think)
I believe that hamdan has not found his true love yet. I believe he's still a 'lil immature for example i have noticed that the majority of his poems he mostly talks about a girl's body, her outside beauty is all that matters to him it seems. So for me he's still in that phase of "booty call" and to me that's plain shallowness,immature boyish like young guys do. Sure i agree "Beauty attracts but personality catches the heart" 100% but when you really love somebody u get passed that outside beauty phase, theres more to the girl than just her beauty. Its actually a combination beauty from within and outside beauty that makes a girl complete cause no real/ mature man will marry a beautiful girl with a nasty character and bad attitude. Trust me down deep they know that thats not the kind of girl they want for wife.
But i do believe that when he really falls in love with someone he will stand up for his love and marry her. It doesnt matter if shes non muslim/ non arab, race, background, color these things simply got nothing on true love. These are just lil' things that seem so big but *when a man is really in love he sees no obstacles all he wants is to be w/ his beloved one* . Who understands love? Love makes u do things that you could never imagined you could of done. But you guys may say he's such a public figure, future ruler, rich and famous is soo much harder for him to find love. But then again i say at the end of the day hes a mere mortal like any of us and yes he also craves for love. In fact these high profile people are usually the ones who lead sad, lonely lives.
For him to fall in love? all it takes is the right girl, at the right place at the right time and the rest is history! Did u guys know that a guy knows when hes met the right girl? Yes! THEY SIMPLY KNOW! as matter of fact i happen to work with a bunch of married men and women and at one time this one colleague i wanna say hes in his 40's was telling us about the day he met his wife. He told us that the minute he layed his eyes on his wife he said he KNEW immeaditely that she was the one for him. CRAZY! i asked him how? he said "ohh a man knows instantly."

@ Zusan Harun: "Your last sentence remembering me to King Mongkut of Siam who has 26 wives, after he had met Anna, and did the last dance with Anna before Anna went back to England, He said " i just know now, that how a man can be satisfied with only one woman (wife)."
Man can be satisfied with a complete woman, when he had met the right one, a woman with superb inner quality, not only body and beauty.
So I think there is still a possibility that Hamdan will be with only one woman, if only He lucky to find her.. :) "

I AGREE 200% when she's the ONE!
Here's two words that i believe fazza confuses them..
Infatuate: to inspire or possess with a foolish or unreasoning passion, as of love.
Love:a profoundly tender, passionate affection for another person.

(so here are just my 5 cents and i am not saying that i am right or wrong its just my pov and sorry for the long post.) XOX
Old 02-09-2011, 11:58 AM
Commoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by sally1234 View Post
I agree with u. But maybe all his poems are just imagination, and nothing from his real life.
Ya, i agree with you.
becoz, in my side, there is no strong evidence on this matter to say that Hamdan in love and separated by the distance?oh come on, where is the place in this earth which is cant be reached by him?he has his own plane. being separated wouldnt need to be that sad, we live in high techno now.

If Hamdan has been in love with the unfamiliar or the stranger one, he has lots of people around him to help him find the girl whom he wants.

and the last, is Hamdan in love to the girl whom he never met yet? it can be accepted if only hamdan in love with a girl whom he found in the chat room LOL..sorry Hamdan...
Old 02-09-2011, 12:10 PM
Commoner

the men said that they know instantly when he meet the one, but remember this, we have seen lots of smart men being end up with stupid girls, but we seldom even never to see a smart woman being end up with the stupid man..:)
Old 02-09-2011, 12:29 PM
Gentry

You know girls, I agree with a combination of what we have all been saying here. I believe that most people find their love/mates with a combination of Divine pre-destination and of course love, and I totally agree with what your collegue LV-Girl said about just "knowing" when you've found the One.

Hamdan seems to be in sone sort of internal existential struggle about love, and I think the comments about the chat room and his private plane are so hilarious. He really has no excuse not to find true love lool.

Well I would love to see more results and less poetry, and I do think he is still immature in some ways according to his poems so I agree with that too.

Tags
al maktoum, dubai, hamdan, hamdan bin mohammed, poem, poetry, sheikh hamdan, sheikh hamdan married