Poetry of Sheikh Mohammed and Crown Prince Hamdan

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
ImanMajed, would you mind if you post the poem here ( visible for all users in the forum).

I was not aware that there is such a great interest in the translation of his poems are. I'm surprised that I have received many heartfelt emails from you.:flowers:

With pleasure: Before: The translationof HH Sheilh Hamdans poem is very close to the Arabic original, but can be reproduced in some respects not entirely in English completly.

Since I can not transfer a few Use keywords into English, you can find the original word so:
* word *.
If some of the passages are misleading, I have written in (.......), as is to be understood. Before finally starting the translation, allow me to note in the original Arabic that he speaks directly to any person. He does not use the word "she" but speaks only of "it". It is not clear whether it has a very close friend, someone in the family - says he loves her very much (brother, sister) or a woman. I've yet translated "she" ,because its read to funny with "it" in english. The nature of the poems we describe as "nathr". It is not a purely classical Nabati poem, but a kind, without following rules to make a poetic statement.

And here for all now. Please also thanked LV_GiRL, which has enabled me to this wonderful challenge of translation.

Sorry, Sorry writen by HH Sheikh Hamdan:

Impossible (infinity) I was deeply in love,
*thabart * like the impossibility of
I have to reserve my seat in the front rows,
I am falls in love with the original of the horses (meaning Arab stallions here) ,
because these are the symbol of true thoroughbred,
in Arab countries and abroad.
The camels, the falcons, the sea and the people of the desert,
the * dalala *(Arabic coffee pots, plural), the precious love,the Arabian perfume, the poem and its arab character.
The poem is a state and myself i am a poet,
experience of thousand lives,
Humble, modest, without arrogance, with hidden feelings,
when I write the poem,
I do not write it from memory an ignorant,
The sun of my mind is not going down (I can remember everytimes)
and the glow of creativity,
respects the true feelings of the lovers.
The idea of ​​the poet, his feelings are reflected on the strings of * samriya rhytmus * (kind of a certain Arab Rythmus in music),
* Thdadat * The wind of the north
of my heart from north to south, runs through (all in the heart and reaches it completely fills)
everything for the love of my eyes,
which alone has possessed my heart.
She had with her black eyes and her innocence,
with every breath of wind from the north, I remember
to the movement of cloth (or substance),
which put the wind to fold and fold on the body.
Un with every fluctuation of the tree branch I remember the movement of the body,
the movement of the tree branch road is like and how this is similar to the movement of the body.
And I remember one morning smiling
and the evening followed,
and the forehead is the time of sunrise (see something beautiful)
as a celebration of sacrifice.
I remember the color of the cheek
with each entry (recall), click New.
Two red roses in a box, not in a vase
And I remember the smiles and her fragility (* riqah *).
The * dalala* (Arabic coffee pots, plural), the smile of the lips
Behold and the restless eyes before it's gone,
without informing me (without telling me about it, without me to dedicate).
Her excessive vanity,
I could not recognize in the love.
What do I do? What do I do with a love
that think I`am your * halal * only (am destined for them alone).
But the disaster: that my heart agree
and it allowed my soul.
The problem (court trial): how can I feel her feelings,
as the key link between our emotions,
How can I feel her longing?
Judge of love: what's the solution?
When she pulled out my heart between my ribs,
She must now find another (heart, love) for me.
And if she does not have a spare, she must bring back to ,
and not without me suffering heart
leave a burden for the lovers.
You know my only intention, I have no 50 intentions at the same time,
when her heart is through her aversion * khallas * (not love me anymore)
my (heart) is not slacking (in love with her).
How can I exchange a love that I have never experienced so profoundly?
Not with persistent aversion!
Consider my affection (love) is not a donation,
return for the benefits
is the job of a real Arab.
One look between our eyes,
When I stand before you, is sufficiently like the touch of hands.
If an error comes from me, 1,000,000 times I have said that Allah
if you really regret this mistake is forgiven. (He calls for an apology).
How big is the outline of the desert, and how many grains of sand in it?
How many branches does the dry and wet soil (out)?
how many pilgrims who turn to Mecca and
How many speak a greeting to the Prophet?
The sum of it is my excuse ......
Sorry, sorry - if you allow me to say it (he makes the first move and apologized).

At last: If you dont understand a vers or you have any questions - ask my.

Hey everyone :)

I was searching through the poetry of Sheikh Mohammed Bin Rashid Al Maktoum and wanted to know all of your insights and ideas on it! Feel free to add any poetry you find of Sheikh Mohammed Bin Rashid Al Maktoum along with youtube videos and translations!

I, with my eye, chose her

I, with my eye, chose her
And my wound is indeed by her self

Of highly esteemed ancestry
And resides in her Emirates

With sea of yearning I met her
Deep, with towering waves

As a fawn, in its pasture
A deer amongst deer

As it happens, I wished for her
For even a moment, her to meet

My heart raced, though I did not see her
Dangerous, if ever increased

To the cadence of her voice
Gentle, her speech

Pierced me, the day I met her
On a bright day we met

Her large eyes, I discovered her
Flowers are her cheeks

In my eyelid, her I concealed
Throughout my soul she spreads

For her eyes I indulged her
Sign of love is indulgence

She is the one I chose
And she satisfies all her desires

Anyone know who this is about?

Princess Haya?...

I was not aware that there is such a great interest in the translation of his poems are. I'm surprised that I have received many heartfelt emails from you.:flowers:

With pleasure: Before: The translationof HH Sheilh Hamdans poem is very close to the Arabic original, but can be reproduced in some respects not entirely in English completly.

Since I can not transfer a few Use keywords into English, you can find the original word so:
* word *.
If some of the passages are misleading, I have written in (.......), as is to be understood. Before finally starting the translation, allow me to note in the original Arabic that he speaks directly to any person. He does not use the word "she" but speaks only of "it". It is not clear whether it has a very close friend, someone in the family - says he loves her very much (brother, sister) or a woman. I've yet translated "she" ,because its read to funny with "it" in english. The nature of the poems we describe as "nathr". It is not a purely classical Nabati poem, but a kind, without following rules to make a poetic statement.

actualy the wording he used although he did not say "she" indicates that he was refering to a female/ not a friend not a guy (so not a brother)
and where he says "what to do with a loved one who considers my heart (halal) her own" shows that it is also not a sister
and this is a gasedah nabatiyah not nathr!
and it is not nathr at all!

Wonderful translation! Thanks so much! We really appreciate it.

actualy the wording he used although he did not say "she" indicates that he was refering to a female/ not a friend not a guy (so not a brother)
and where he says "what to do with a loved one who considers my heart (halal) her own" shows that it is also not a sister
and this is a gasedah nabatiyah not nathr!
and it is not nathr at all!

and not all arabic poems are a gasedah nabatiyah!!!!!, :ermm:

Habibti, I'm just a layman and not a professional in Arabic poetry! But my father said to me it is more a nathr, not a classical nabatiyah, and he is more professional in this things. The poem shifted slightly away from classical Arabic to become a tribal dialect. Naturally, the poem adopted derived dialect. The most notable characteristic of Nabati poetry is its spontaneity. ok, this point can be seen in his poem. But a poem is not automatically a nabatiyah if it seems like written spontaneously. A nabatiyah composition is usually direct and unfaltering. Nabatiyah be posted in UAE in a sort of Bedouin dialect, it has been preserved for centuries, form and imagery, metrics and brushwork. You know, that a classical nabatiyah follows a specific pattern and rules can be seen clearly. I can see in the original no such nabatiyah pattern ruels constantly. And so it is for me not a classical nabatiyah. If you're a better poet, filtered clear to me!:flowers:

I think it goes toward love, right. But I do not carry too far as to say it was for a woman in which he has fallen in love only. In the original arabic poem he appears not a "she" on. But you can think, what you want......

Last edited:

Habibti, I'm just a layman and not a professional in Arabic poetry! But my father said to me it is more a nathr, not a classical nabatiyah, and he is more professional in this things. The poem shifted slightly away from classical Arabic to become a tribal dialect. Naturally, the poem adopted derived dialect. The most notable characteristic of Nabati poetry is its spontaneity. ok, this point can be seen in his poem. But a poem is not automatically a nabatiyah if it seems like written spontaneously. A nabatiyah composition is usually direct and unfaltering. Nabatiyah be posted in UAE in a sort of Bedouin dialect, it has been preserved for centuries, form and imagery, metrics and brushwork. You know, that a classical nabatiyah follows a specific pattern and rules can be seen clearly. I can see in the original no such nabatiyah pattern ruels constantly. And so it is for me not a classical nabatiyah. If you're a better poet, filtered clear to me!:flowers:

I think it goes toward love, right. But I do not carry too far as to say it was for a woman in which he has fallen in love only. In the original arabic poem he appears not a "she" on. But you can think, what you want......
Don't worry Imman...You did a superb job! :flowers: at the end of the day you are emirate and you know your own dialect. Although lady blue might be good at poems at the end of the day she's not an emirati like you. Nevertheless, just the fact that you took time to translate the poem to us is wonderful.

Sometimes I wonder if Sheikh Hamdan takes on a persona when he writes. I know I personally do that a lot when I write my poetry. Either way he is a great writer and I thoroughly enjoy his poems.

I Like and Love Poetry & Poems Of Sheikh Hamdan always He’s Great Writer as I Think , and Especially When He Say it By His Voice :flowers:

yes not all arabic poems are gasedah nabatiyah! but this one is not nathr
if we were writting in arabic it would be easier to explaine why its not nathr. nathr usually does not carry a spicific structer like this (alwazn o allkafiyah) and nabatiyah is in bedouin dialect, if he was writting classic arabic it would be fus-ha.

Don't worry Imman...You did a superb job! :flowers: at the end of the day you are emirate and you know your own dialect. Although lady blue might be good at poems at the end of the day she's not an emirati like you. Nevertheless, just the fact that you took time to translate the poem to us is wonderful.

:flowers: Thanks for your nice words. Do not worry, I'm quite relaxed. We Arabs are prone to hot-blooded emotional outbursts.;)

What is a poem or disengage what seeks is often a major point of contention. I remember times in the discussions about it with my own family ....you know :)

Lady Blue is from Bahrain (from a region near UAE), and in some respects she is certainly right. In the poems in our region are mixed modern and classical Arab language, Bedouin dialect and the dialect of the region from which the poem is. Therefore, one can often not really find an exact mapping. Second point is that both -nathr and nabatiyah poems- can be very spontaneous and various topics - even in the same poem - can describe. Lady Blue is therefore innocent.

Imanmajid this is just a matter of opinion. yes ia m from bahrain, lived all my life in saudi and married to emarati.
i just want to expaline that nathr has no wazn and does not need a gafiyah (sorry did not find english wording).
gaseed however (nabati, fus-ha or 3ammi) must have wazn and gafiyah.

both can be very spontaneous and various topics/but we are not talking about the topic :)

Imanmajid this is just a matter of opinion. yes ia m from bahrain, lived all my life in saudi and married to emarati.
i just want to expaline that nathr has no wazn and does not need a gafiyah (sorry did not find english wording).
gaseed however (nabati, fus-ha or 3ammi) must have wazn and gafiyah.

both can be very spontaneous and various topics/but we are not talking about the topic :)

صحيح
important is not that we have different views. It is just a matter of opinion. Crucial that it is a beautiful poem (in Arabic it is better than in english) .:flowers:

أنســــاك كـلــــمه مالــــها أيّــــة وجــــود بـمرجـعــــي
والقلــــب لا منـّـــه نـــوى غـيــــرك حبـيبــــي بامنعـــه

تـنـتـابنــــي ذكـــراك مــابيـــن الـوعـــي والـلاوعـــــي
مـــا كنـّــــك الاّ بـــحر حلمـــي والمشـــاعر الاشرعـــه

مـن ويـن تطلــع كنّـــك الاّ تقـــول ياشمـــس اطلعــي
يتـنفـّس الفجـــر بنفـــس حسنـــك ويشـــرق مطلعـــه

مــع ان فرعــك لو رميــت الشمــس بــه عيّـــت تعـــي
إن الـدجــــا يســــري لهـــا مـــن دون ما تـتوقـّـعــــه

إن الـدجــــا يكـــنز عـبيـــره للـنسـيـــم الـمطـلعــــي
كلـــّه علــى شــان النسـيـــم المطـلعــي يلعـــب معــه

يمـتد ليـلي واشـعـلك شـمـعـة غـلا بيـــن اضـلـعـــي
ويمــــر بــي طيفــــك ويتـنـــاثر بصـــدري واجمعــه

تـحـتـــاج تـتـعـبنــي وانـا أحـتــاج لك وانـتـه مـعــي
بعـض الـمشاعـر تتــعـب الـمشـتــاق لكــن ممتعـــــه

مـوقـعـك مـن قـلــبي تـدلـّـه بــس حـــدّد مـوقـعـــــي
وبـعـديــن خذ قـلبــي وفـــي دنيـــا غرامـك ضيّعــــه

وان طاب لك شوقي وطاب لصوت همسك مسمعــي
القلــب لك والشـــوق فـــي عروقـــي بكيفــك وزّعـــه

القـلب ملـكـك والـفـصـول الأربـعـه مـن مـطـمـعـــي
دام التـــقت فـــي مبسمــك كل الفصـول الأربعــــه

This is part of a poem Sheikh Hamdan has written. I don't know if it old or new. Can anyone please translate it in Arabic?

OMG what a great poetry ,,, I really enjoyed reading it ,,, very Nice emotional words ,,, I always love Sheikh Hamdan poetries ,, And I enjoy hear it with his voice too ,,,, he’s one of my favorite Poets ,,, I guess darling very difficult to translate it especially arabian poetry to english ,, because no matter how you try , you not going to delivered it as the real words ,, because you cannot write Or Switch the Rhyme from arabic to english ,, it’s not going to works ,,, But it’s possible sort of to translat it ..Thank you very much for posting maharata :)

One home of the poetry of Sheikh Hamdan that you posted maharata

There is no presence to forget you word in my Referential Or archive
and the heart if intend to ignore you Or leave you , I will stop him .

haha hope some understand it

Last edited:
@maharata: I will translate it at this weekend, Inshallah.

This is a very old poem and was also sang by a singer from UAE ( I can't really remember is name.

Finally a new poem by Fazzaa, as soon as I translate I will post it here :D

I'm excited and impatient! I hope it will be an unforgettable poem!

Does anyone know when Sh. Mohammed wrote this poem?Unfortunately I didn´t see a date but maybe someone here knows when it was published.
It´s a very beautiful love poem and I am curious who is the mysterious lady ;-)
At least we can deduce that she was extremely beautiful and unique,her figure like a gazelle and a slender figure with slim shoulders.
"Like a gazelle" could be used on pretty much any woman who is moving in a nice way and has a tender figure....first I thought he wrote it for P.Haya as she is truly a breathtaking,beautiful,exceptional woman but then I read the slim shoulder line and thought differently.Haya does have a good figure,but she´s more curvy and feminine while the woman praised in the poem is like a gazelle (they are pretty skinny animals) and has slim shoulders.Could it be a poem about Sheikh Majids & Maitha´s mother?Maitha is very slim and tall,she has a slender figure and good features.
...wonder what you all think about this,enjoy the beauty of the words:)

Other Poems - I Saw a Star

does anyone know where i can find the poem fazz3 wrote to his mother when sheikh Mo married Haya? Im looking for the Arabic version of it.

does anyone know where i can find the poem fazz3 wrote to his mother when sheikh Mo married Haya? Im looking for the Arabic version of it.

Look here: Poetry |

There are several poems, which he dedicated to his mother. Which of them was written in the time when Sheikh Muhammad married Haya, I do not know.

Look here: Poetry |

There are several poems, which he dedicated to his mother. Which of them was written in the time when Sheikh Muhammad married Haya, I do not know.

If not mistaken, the poem was written to his father at the time and it is this poem (I don't have a translation).

It´s a very beautiful one,I think it was already posted in that forum but because it´s so lovely & nice I can post it again:

Poem by Sheikh Hamdan for his mother Sheikha Hind.

To my mother

For all its vast ocean, Dubai seems small
Because its sun has disappeared

Weep, Dubai`s deserts and trees
And the birds have lost their will to sing

And Zabeel, its palace darkened
Only the echo replies

And stars seek their full moon
Which will illuminate the dark black night

Oh candle and light of our house
Oh mother,with yearning, I am burning

If my verses are not enough
My sighs show my yearning

She lends her fragrance to the breeze
Scented flowers are green with envy

The heart beats with with her memory
The vision of her in my eye sleeps

My Allah bestow long life upon her
To stay with us so long

And bring her soon from her travels
By His will she will return in good health

(Zabeel is the big palace in Dubai)

Because people are dying for new poems and they don´t seem to get translated,I will also share some old poems by Sheikh Hamdan.
(But on a personal side I don´t think any poem is more heartfelt and touching than the one he wrote for his mother.I think it was very brave to write it and also publish it because it is a little bit of a rebellious act against his father and also shows his deep concern for Sheikha Hind.)
Maybe some poems don´t sound right or seem strange,that might be because the translation cannot fully convey the same emotions and meanings when you switch from one language to another.

By Sheikh Hamdan

My address is my poetry, my name in its meanings
And the first line I composed became my birthday
If you want my tale from beginning to end
My poetry is my tale, told to whom I wish
And my mother is the UAE, born and raised there
And my father, my ancestors’ glories and their reputation
And my brothers are the billion Muslims in their lands
The Qur’an and the Sunnah my nourishment
I live my trials and my joys with no intention of concealment
And my greatest concern, Jerusalem and a child near by calling
Shakes by his cry a land that Zionists seek to erase
From history, as the world stands idly by
And the days are my teacher, and teach me their nights
No virtue in one who receives without giving
And Zayed, my ideal, Zayed and Zayed who earns
His country prestige, by his name it prospers always
And my soul, Mohammed the valiant, son of Rashid, nurtures it
With his poetry and thoughts, I build, by his glory, my own
Raised me in generosity, grace and safe keeping
My country, my first love and I have no other country

Seems like poor Hamdan was a little bit lovesick or heavily affected by hormones when he wrote those lines...

If I will die
I want that my eyes will close on your image
Because only like that I will rest in peace forever…..

Another love poem to a Muslim girl (and no,we don´t know her identitiy ;-) S.Hamdan wrote recited this poem in 2007

He says he can’t find his love. She’s far from him and he’s looking for her. He asks for those who may know her to help him find her or tell her he’s looking for her. She wears a hijab so she is covered and he can’t see her. He asks the other women to help him find his true love. He says he knows she can hear his voice/poems, maybe even sees him during the poetry sessions on TV and asks her to let him know if she still loves him. Maybe even call him. He wants to know if her feelings of love for him are the same.

I also have a poem with the name "Sorry,sorry" but it is a very bad translation,at least it doen´t make much sense to me,it´s abot some girl,but it was already posted on TRF I am sure.

Here´s another one,also a love poem:
One year was gone , and my eye did not know the sleep
One year was gone , and my interest in the heart is still in the heart till now
One year was gone , and my heart was broken
One year was gone with your dimension
One year was gone after , One year was gone … with my waiting
One year was gone , and you did not agree about my connection
One year was gone , and I did not hear anything about you
One year was gone , and I was patient on their words about your wrongs
Her black eyes ,her red lips and , her hair , are beautiful
Her bosom suffices me and , her cheek suffices me
One year was gone and , I am afraid about my life with your waiting
One year was gone and , your love is in my heart

The last one for today,i don´t know if it´s already been posted:
حبيبي Tell me
شلونـــــــــك

Never heard your voice
من فتــــــــره

By the way
اموت في عيونــــــــــك

Or perhaps I die
من نظــــــــره

Where ever you go
يبغونـــــــــك

يالغـــــــلا يا Candle
السهــــــره

Cross my heart and die
ماخونــــــــك

Even if my heart

To me this poem seems unfinished,maybe I have lost part of it-any Arabic-speakers or UAE residents may correct or complete it if they wish.

That´s all for now,i couldn´t find more poems with sound English translation online:)

(But on a personal side I don´t think any poem is more heartfelt and touching than the one he wrote for his mother.I think it was very brave to write it and also publish it because it is a little bit of a rebellious act against his father and also shows his deep concern for Sheikha Hind.)

???????Why a beautiful poem written by him to his mother is a rebellion against his father?:ermm: I do not understand. Can someone explain to me????????

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom