The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 04-08-2009, 01:49 PM
Aristocracy

this is the pic of the LARGE palace that people who live in dubai state that it is sheikh hamdan bin rashid's palace not haya's.

Old 04-08-2009, 04:16 PM
Aristocracy

So i was wondering....How's the palace construction goin? Since i heard DUbai is now a ghost town due to the economic breakdown. I am sure the sheikhs are havin alittle headache with that... NO $, no income .. i wonder how much more $ Hamdan will spend on this construction.... PEople r savin it instead of spending...As we all know things r bad in every part of the world.... =/
Does anybody know anything about it?? (This is for people who actually live in Dubai)

Old 04-09-2009, 07:45 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lindinha856 View Post
...Since i heard DUbai is now a ghost town due to the economic breakdown.
Whatever the impact of the economic crisis, Dubai is hardly a "ghost town".
See here, here and here. The first two photos were taken within the last week, the last less than two weeks ago.
Old 04-09-2009, 08:26 AM
Commoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warren View Post
See here, here and here. The first two photos were taken within the last week, the last less than two weeks ago.
Warren, you would't really know since you are not residing here, there have been a lot of job cuts. I personally have 6 friends who have lost their jobs. One of them is my bestfriend, 2 others are close freinds.
Old 04-09-2009, 09:06 AM
Administrator

Read my post again. I was not talking about job cuts. Countries all around the world are currenly experiencing rising unemployment.
My post was pointing out that referring to Dubai as a "ghost town" is something of an exaggeration, as the photographs of Sheikh Zayed Road clearly show.
Old 04-09-2009, 03:16 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
about hte last one: If it was taken less than two weeks so where's Burj Dubai? Maybe I'm not ok with Sheikh Zayed Road but I thought it was near the Dusit, across the street...
Old 04-09-2009, 03:25 PM
Commoner

I'm not sure, but it looks like it is taken from Burj Dubai
Old 04-10-2009, 10:44 AM
Administrator

Burj Dubai

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lanalique View Post
so where's Burj Dubai?

Burj Dubai is just out of the photo to the right.

Here's a pic showing the larger area, SZR in the foreground: Downtown Burj Dubai (Nov 2008)

a context shot: Business Bay, DBD, SZR, DFC etc (Feb 2009) (click on pic to enlarge)

Nothing to do with palaces or the SZR, but something which may be of interest to some members...
here's the BD Fountain works and BD Fountain testing

and a video of the testing which gives a small idea of what is to come (April 2009):

Old 04-10-2009, 10:58 AM
Administrator

possible palace

The first pic was taken in March 2008. In more or less the centre foreground of the photo between the low-rise apartments and the very tall concrete building under construction [The Index] is a white building surrounded by a rectangle of green.
The second close-up pic was taken in January 2013 [post edited to include this picture]

This is supposedly the palace/villa of Sheikh Marwan bin Rashid although I haven't been able to confirm it.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	UAE Dubai Sheikh Marwan's residence green Mar08.jpg
Views:	71
Size:	206.3 KB
ID:	289924   Click image for larger version

Name:	UAE Dubai Sheikh Marwan's residence Jan 2013.jpg
Views:	127
Size:	155.7 KB
ID:	289925  
Old 04-10-2009, 12:51 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
This is supposedly the palace/villa of Sheikh Marwan bin Rashid although I haven't been able to confirm it.
Oh, wow, thanks. I'll be there in this area in one week. I'm not sure that it will be possible to walk around there and near that villa but it's cool to realise that you're living close to Maktoums
Old 05-30-2009, 10:10 AM
Commoner

Sheikh Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum owns worls most expensive house!!

just click on this link nd u will see the beautiful house or shud i say mansion which is owned by the dubai ruling family!! Enjoy!!

Most Expensive House In The World
Old 07-02-2009, 04:31 PM
Commoner

Maktoum House 8-20-2005 11-15-12 AM on Flickr - Photo Sharing!
Maktoum House 8-20-2005 11-17-56 AM on Flickr - Photo Sharing!

no - it is not the house in which the Maktoums are living

http://www.flickr.com/photos/totto/tags/maktoumhouse/
Old 07-02-2009, 04:58 PM
Commoner

Isn't this Shk Saeed's palace? Very cool building. As a matter of fact, wasn't Shk Ahmed bin Saeed born in this building not to mention his older brother Rashid?
Old 07-05-2009, 02:12 PM
Heir Presumptive

heard the he bought a big palace or sth with farm in UK with 45 million Euro , in TV they mentioned it in Sunday times but did not find it online

Racing king buys piece of empire - Times Online
find it at last
His soul was too great to be contained by the camera's lens ,yet his images radiate his love for his family , his faith , his pride on his country and people the world over who shared his commitment to peace and his joy in life . Queen Noor
Old 07-07-2009, 09:43 AM
Administrator

It appears to be largely an investment, rather than a new residence.
From the above link...

He is buying a Suffolk estate for 45m — a record price for a British country home. Maktoum, 59, has snapped up Dalham Hall, a grade II listed property near Newmarket once owned by Cecil Rhodes, the mining magnate and colonial adventurer. It comes with 3,300 acres of farmland, parkland and woods, as well as 39 houses and cottages. In an unusual twist, Charles Philipps, one of the trustees of the Dalham Hall estate, and his wife will continue to live in the early 18th-century mansion. Other Philipps family members who live on the land will also remain.

The Dalham Hall estate, one of the most impressive in East Anglia, is centred on a mansion built for Simon Patrick, the Bishop of Ely, in 1705. “It’s not really pretty, but a substantial and elegant family home with a very distinctive location,” said one person familiar with the property.

Maktoum already owns the neighbouring Dalham Hall stud, a 3,000-acre site from which he runs his global bloodstock empire and where he spends part of his time. By combining the estate with the stud, Maktoum will become one of Britain’s biggest foreign-born landowners.

It is thought that the sheikh’s latest purchase, bought through his Darley Stud Management company, is mainly an investment, although he and his friends may well choose to make use of the estate’s shooting facilities.
Old 07-27-2009, 01:14 PM
Aristocracy

Im confused.. So Hamdan (bin Mohammed) doesnt live in Zabeel Palace??
Arab tradition wise all guys stay at their parents homes... But I guess Hamdan might be a little more modern.
There were a lot of pictures of him in his range rover and it was clearly Zabeel Palace in the background. Then Hamdan was standing with some friends or cousins and he seemed in casual clothes and that was outside Zabeel Palace too.

Although if he does live somewhere else those pictures seem a little too casual for him to just be visiting...
There are a lot of recent pictures of him in his room in Zabeel palace too.
Old 08-02-2009, 11:05 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:

It appears to be largely an investment, rather than a new residence.
And probably a well advised one. With the property market in the UK at or near the bottom of the trough that will start to see significant recovery after 12 to 18 months & with the Pound that is also likly to regain much of it' lost value, so low it would be hard to loose in the medium term.
Old 12-22-2009, 09:39 PM

where does sheikh rashid live? are there any pictures of his own house?
Old 03-06-2010, 11:07 AM
Commoner

- sh. hamdan's palace
Old 03-06-2010, 01:52 PM
Gentry

Quote:
Originally Posted by adyge View Post
- sh. hamdan's palace
Most of these pictures are of Zabeel's palace(Sheikha Hind's palace) and Princess Reem Al Waleed's palace! The rest I don't know, maybe they are of Fazza3's palace.

Fazza3 is living in Zabeel with his family but obviously he has his own palace because he's the crown price and is gonna marry his cousin :)

Sheikh Rashid has his own villa in Dubai, I've seen the pictures on his website