Palaces of Dubai and Homes of the Ruling Family

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I think that all the wives should have the same size palace. Are we sure that Princess Haya lives in a villa. Perhaps now that she has given birth to a child she will get a palace.

No we are not sure of she loves in a villa but it has been said so by people who live in Dubai. I dont think having a child would move her higher than a villa if she is in one already. She might be happy and not want to move. Villa's in Dubai come pretty big depending where you are or which community your choose to live in.

Thought you might enjoy this one

Sheikh Saeed's Palace

a link to a gallery with pictures of Sheikh Saeed Al Maktoum's House; how it looks today after extensive restoration and before.

On the same site is BTW also a gallery of pics of the 1979 marriage of Sheikh Mo and Sheikha Hind.:newyear1:

wow I'd love to live in one of those

Are you sure he lives in Zabeel? He should still live with his parents as he is not yet married but he does not. I am sure if you ask him he will say..yes i live in Zabeel but I assure you he lives elsewhere. :whistling:

Are you sure he lives in Zabeel? He should still live with his parents as he is not yet married but he does not. I am sure if you ask him he will say..yes i live in Zabeel but I assure you he lives elsewhere. :whistling:
the guy needs privacy :ROFLMAO:

Zabeel123 is right.

Both Sheikh Hamdan and Sheikh Rashid have lived in their own villas for years.

It's probably the case that Zabeel Palace is the official residence and office of the Crown Prince, while the private residence is just that, private.

this is the pic of the LARGE palace that people who live in dubai state that it is sheikh hamdan bin rashid's palace not haya's.

So i was wondering....How's the palace construction goin? Since i heard DUbai is now a ghost town due to the economic breakdown. I am sure the sheikhs are havin alittle headache with that... NO $, no income .. i wonder how much more $ Hamdan will spend on this construction.... PEople r savin it instead of spending...As we all know things r bad in every part of the world.... =/
Does anybody know anything about it?? (This is for people who actually live in Dubai)

...Since i heard DUbai is now a ghost town due to the economic breakdown.
Whatever the impact of the economic crisis, Dubai is hardly a "ghost town".
See here, here and here. The first two photos were taken within the last week, the last less than two weeks ago.

See here, here and here. The first two photos were taken within the last week, the last less than two weeks ago.

Warren, you would't really know since you are not residing here, there have been a lot of job cuts. I personally have 6 friends who have lost their jobs. One of them is my bestfriend, 2 others are close freinds.

Read my post again. I was not talking about job cuts. Countries all around the world are currenly experiencing rising unemployment.
My post was pointing out that referring to Dubai as a "ghost town" is something of an exaggeration, as the photographs of Sheikh Zayed Road clearly show.

Last edited:

about hte last one: If it was taken less than two weeks so where's Burj Dubai? :mellow: Maybe I'm not ok with Sheikh Zayed Road but I thought it was near the Dusit, across the street...

I'm not sure, but it looks like it is taken from Burj Dubai

Burj Dubai

so where's Burj Dubai? :mellow:
:previous:
Burj Dubai is just out of the photo to the right.

Here's a pic showing the larger area, SZR in the foreground: Downtown Burj Dubai (Nov 2008)

a context shot: Business Bay, DBD, SZR, DFC etc (Feb 2009) (click on pic to enlarge)

Nothing to do with palaces or the SZR, but something which may be of interest to some members...
here's the BD Fountain works and BD Fountain testing

and a video of the testing which gives a small idea of what is to come (April 2009):

YouTube - Dubai Fountain - Burj Dubai Lake, Dubai, UAE. HD

Last edited:
possible palace

The first pic was taken in March 2008. In more or less the centre foreground of the photo between the low-rise apartments and the very tall concrete building under construction [The Index] is a white building surrounded by a rectangle of green.
The second close-up pic was taken in January 2013 [post edited to include this picture]

This is supposedly the palace/villa of Sheikh Marwan bin Rashid although I haven't been able to confirm it.

Attachments

• UAE Dubai Sheikh Marwan's residence green Mar08.jpg
    UAE Dubai Sheikh Marwan's residence green Mar08.jpg
    206.3 KB · Views: 721
  • UAE Dubai Sheikh Marwan's residence Jan 2013.jpg
    UAE Dubai Sheikh Marwan's residence Jan 2013.jpg
    155.7 KB · Views: 63,213
Last edited:
This is supposedly the palace/villa of Sheikh Marwan bin Rashid although I haven't been able to confirm it.
Oh, wow, thanks. :flowers:I'll be there in this area in one week. I'm not sure that it will be possible to walk around there and near that villa but it's cool to realise that you're living close to Maktoums :D

Last edited by a moderator:
Sheikh Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum owns worls most expensive house!!

just click on this link nd u will see the beautiful house or shud i say mansion which is owned by the dubai ruling family!! Enjoy!!

Most Expensive House In The World

Isn't this Shk Saeed's palace? Very cool building. As a matter of fact, wasn't Shk Ahmed bin Saeed born in this building not to mention his older brother Rashid?

It appears to be largely an investment, rather than a new residence.
From the above link...

He is buying a Suffolk estate for £45m — a record price for a British country home. Maktoum, 59, has snapped up Dalham Hall, a grade II listed property near Newmarket once owned by Cecil Rhodes, the mining magnate and colonial adventurer. It comes with 3,300 acres of farmland, parkland and woods, as well as 39 houses and cottages. In an unusual twist, Charles Philipps, one of the trustees of the Dalham Hall estate, and his wife will continue to live in the early 18th-century mansion. Other Philipps family members who live on the land will also remain.

The Dalham Hall estate, one of the most impressive in East Anglia, is centred on a mansion built for Simon Patrick, the Bishop of Ely, in 1705. “It’s not really pretty, but a substantial and elegant family home with a very distinctive location,” said one person familiar with the property.

Maktoum already owns the neighbouring Dalham Hall stud, a 3,000-acre site from which he runs his global bloodstock empire and where he spends part of his time. By combining the estate with the stud, Maktoum will become one of Britain’s biggest foreign-born landowners.

It is thought that the sheikh’s latest purchase, bought through his Darley Stud Management company, is mainly an investment, although he and his friends may well choose to make use of the estate’s shooting facilities.

Im confused.. So Hamdan (bin Mohammed) doesnt live in Zabeel Palace??
Arab tradition wise all guys stay at their parents homes... But I guess Hamdan might be a little more modern.
There were a lot of pictures of him in his range rover and it was clearly Zabeel Palace in the background. Then Hamdan was standing with some friends or cousins and he seemed in casual clothes and that was outside Zabeel Palace too.

Although if he does live somewhere else those pictures seem a little too casual for him to just be visiting...
There are a lot of recent pictures of him in his room in Zabeel palace too.

It appears to be largely an investment, rather than a new residence.

And probably a well advised one. With the property market in the UK at or near the bottom of the trough that will start to see significant recovery after 12 to 18 months & with the Pound that is also likly to regain much of it' lost value, so low it would be hard to loose in the medium term.

Last edited:

Most of these pictures are of Zabeel's palace(Sheikha Hind's palace) and Princess Reem Al Waleed's palace! The rest I don't know, maybe they are of Fazza3's palace.

Fazza3 is living in Zabeel with his family but obviously he has his own palace because he's the crown price and is gonna marry his cousin :)

Sheikh Rashid has his own villa in Dubai, I've seen the pictures on his website :flowers:

Back
Top Bottom