Divorce For Sheikh Mohammed Bin Rashid & Princess Haya

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
What is now next? The divorce and money spliting decision I presume. Is it any date of hearing?

What is now next? The divorce and money spliting decision I presume. Is it any date of hearing?

I got the assumption that the divorce is done in Dubai (the Muslim way) and that she brought money with her and that the legal case that is now closed was about the children only?

You are right about the case. It is only about the custody of the children. It seems the divorce itself is a done deal.

You are right about the case. It is only about the custody of the children. It seems the divorce itself is a done deal.

No, the March judgment said Sheikh Mohammed agreed to kids staying in London. If he agreed to it what they have to decide about children's custody.

It is very interesting to see that the main point of conflict in custody is the ownership of racehorses.

So the divorce has been done, from what I could read, most of the other points are set, but the main point of conflict is those animals. Which has surprised me a lot, did not know about how expensive those animals can be, but apparently this is quite an aristocracy thing, as you can read on many historical books about it.

Ah! by the way, I read on the thread someone suggesting where the judgment it should be, it was in London. Remembers the Princess had to escape from Dubai, but also Sheikh has a UK residency, so it was the only obvious location to place the judgment.

Another reason entirely is that the quite a bit of the Sheikh's racing enterprise and stables are located in the UK. ?

It is very interesting to see that the main point of conflict in custody is the ownership of racehorses.

So the divorce has been done, from what I could read, most of the other points are set, but the main point of conflict is those animals. Which has surprised me a lot, did not know about how expensive those animals can be, but apparently this is quite an aristocracy thing, as you can read on many historical books about it.

Well, here is an example of just how valuable Thoroughbred race horses can be: The US Triple Crown winner American Pharoah won US$8.5 million on the track. His breeding rights were sold for an estimated $20 million. The stud fee his first year was $200,000 per mare; he bred 100 mares in the US and that many in Australia in his first year alone. That's $40 million per year. He has sired many winners, and his yearlings sell for six or seven figures. Of course, AP is one of the most valuable horses in the world, but Sheik Mo has horses that are pretty valuable too - his Godolphin Stable is one of the most prominent in the world.

Last edited:
Well, here is an example of just how valuable Thoroughbred race horses can be: The US Triple Crown winner American Pharoah won US$8.5 million on the track. His breeding rights were sold for an estimated $20 million. The stud fee his first year was $200,000 per mare; he bred 100 mares in the US and that many in Australia in his first year alone. That's $40 million per year. He has sired many winners, and his yearlings sell for six or seven figures. Of course, AP is one of the most valuable horses in the world, but Sheik Mo has horses that are pretty valuable too - his Godolphin Stable is one of the most prominent in the world.

omg!! that is tons of money for a simple horse race! :eek: .Thanks for sharing this info, now it makes much more sense to me on understanding why they are fighting for those animals. Much more clear now.

Last edited:
Another sign of how much support Abdullah has provided his sister.

First we had him securing a diplomatic role in London permitting her to stay there long term. And now this comes out, suggesting he arranged with the CP of Abu Dhabi and Saudi Arabia to get her out of the country.

If this is true I wonder what it will do for the relations of Dubai with all three. Then again it suggests that the Cp of Abu Dhabi helped with his daughter's escape and relations continued. I have read he is a supporter of women's rights but I still find it a bit odd that the CP has been helping smuggle royal women out of Dubai.

King Abdullah II in his memoares "Our Last Best chance" from 2011 states that he has alot of brothers and sisters but they are all family and "one hand" or how he did put it.

Maybe this also tells us something about the relations between Dubai and Abu Dhabi...

Last edited by a moderator:
It has never been disclosed how practically she fled. We don't know if she disappeared with the kids and took secretelly a plane for Germany or she pretended a usual trip to UK with the kids. And if it is the second scenario, considering what was said in the hearings, she was already répudied by SM, so how did he let her travel with the kids.
Last point not clear, I don't really understand what they mean by saying that she left with 31 millions. How can you travel with 31 millions?

Good point. But saying that makes her sound like a gold digger, which she is not. She has grown up surrounded by wealth and 31 million is spare change for SM.

Abu Dhabi, Saudi crown princes helped Dubai ruler’s wife flee emirate: Report

https://www.presstv.com/Detail/2019...elped-Dubai-ruler’s-wife-flee-emirate:-Report

The article is inaccurate IMO because Press TV broadcasts from Iran, and Al Akhbar newspaper - the source of the information - tends towards the pro-Iranian axis inside Lebanon.

I remember years ago when the same newspaper (Al-Akhbar) published news about a planned marriage between the Emir of Qatar and Princess Iman Bint Al Hussein, which was later proven incorrect.

Last edited:
The article is inaccurate in my opinion because Press TV broadcasts from Iran, and Al Akhbar newspaper - the source of the information - tends towards the pro-Iranian axis inside Lebanon.

I remember years ago when the same newspaper (Al-Akhbar) published news about a planned marriage between the Emir of Qatar and Princess Iman Bint Al Hussein, which was later proven incorrect.

You are right the same article posted on another Iranian website and the other two are from Lebanon and Pakistan. So it's could be propaganda against UAE.

The amount of money rumored to be taken is a lot more than 31 million , and it is said that it was through AlJalilah foundation
2. Princess Haya is Royalty but not all royalties are rich , when she married Shiekh Mohammed she was in debt ( remember that her father died and she fled with her trainer to Spain ) Shiekh of Oman used to help her with her bills.
3. If cp of AD and CP. of Saudi helped her escape what does that say about her story of the alleged marriage arrangement between Jalilah and CP of Saudi ?

Do you have one single iota of credible proof to which you can refer us to to substantiate your off-hand statements that princess Haya ran off with a man, stole money from the AlJalilah Foundation, was the kept woman of the Sheikh of Oman or any reliable evidence as to the part the CP's of Abu Dhabi or Saudi played in Princesses Haya flight from Dubai?.

If so could you it would be appreciated. If not, please insert IMHO/IMO befor each opinion.

Do you have one single iota of credible proof to which you can refer us to to substantiate your off-hand statements that princess Haya ran off with a man, stole money from the AlJalilah Foundation, was the kept woman of the Sheikh of Oman or any reliable evidence as to the part the CP's of Abu Dhabi or Saudi played in Princesses Haya flight from Dubai?.

If so could you it would be appreciated. If not, please insert IMHO/IMO befor each opinion.

One I clearly said rumored that she took money from AlJalilah foundation, I don’t know that and I did not witness it.
2. Her running away along time ago with her Spanish trainer is known everywhere and is no secret and I’m sure you can easily find articles on that. As for Shiekh of Oman helping her it was not only him also king Fahad and many others helped her sustain her life in Europe after her father died.
3.the part about the CP of abudhabi and Saudi i was replying to the post before that said they were involved then that contradicts her story.

The article is inaccurate IMO because Press TV broadcasts from Iran, and Al Akhbar newspaper - the source of the information - tends towards the pro-Iranian axis inside Lebanon.

Exactly that..

i mean why MBS would help her escape when he is promised her daughter by Sheikh Mohammed, he is (according to her) part of her problem, i mean she did escape because Sheikh Mohammed wanted to marry off her daughter to the CP of SA how can she trust him with her escape plans ?
I say that presstv article makes no sense.

Exactly that..

i mean why MBS would help her escape when he is promised her daughter by Sheikh Mohammed, he is (according to her) part of her problem, i mean she did escape because Sheikh Mohammed wanted to marry off her daughter to the CP of SA how can she trust him with her escape plans ?
I say that presstv article makes no sense.

The article makes no sense and the marriage story also makes no sense.

While Jalila is but a child parental contracts are a possibility I think. But with this particular family nothing seems too odd. While some of his wives and children seem to live fabulous lives others seem more like Cinderella mi us the HEA.

One I clearly said rumored that she took money from AlJalilah foundation, I don’t know that and I did not witness it.
2. Her running away along time ago with her Spanish trainer is known everywhere and is no secret and I’m sure you can easily find articles on that. As for Shiekh of Oman helping her it was not only him also king Fahad and many others helped her sustain her life in Europe after her father died.
3.the part about the CP of abudhabi and Saudi i was replying to the post before that said they were involved then that contradicts her story.
I don't understand what does mean "her running away with her Spanish trainer " away from what? She was single and free. She wad a right to have a relationship, so why this expression?

Why is it, that women judge other women still so harshly and from a male viewpoint?

She has every right to live her life as she wishes, without beeing judged agains male standarts set only for women they want to controll.

I don't understand what does mean "her running away with her Spanish trainer " away from what? She was single and free. She wad a right to have a relationship, so why this expression?

You are looking at things from a westren point of view I am looking at it from an Arab/Muslim point of view.
I say ran away because it was against all her family and withougut marriage.
It maybe difficult for westerners to understand but this is not acceptable here ( it does not mean that no one is doing it)
The point is at that time because she did , she was cut off from family support and she ended up in debt and that’s when sultan Qabus helped her

Princess Haya's former relationship and boyfriends are not the topic here.. So let's move on plz

Back
Top Bottom