Marriage Customs of the Ruling Family

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Reminder, this is a thread to discuss marriage in the royal family, further off topic posts will be deleted without notice.

Thanks
Dazz:flowers:

I have a huge curiousity about this:
can hamdan(as the crown prince)marry a moslem european lady?and make her as the public wife?
and if they have a son,can he be the ruler of dubai?

I have a huge curiousity about this:
can hamdan(as the crown prince)marry a moslem european lady?and make her as the public wife?
and if they have a son,can he be the ruler of dubai?

Its never happened before and I dont think his father would approve it. He would allow a second wife who is a European but not as a first wife.

Ooo...i see.thx dazzling.
But the problem is,if Hamdan only marry his relatives(who,maybe,arent used to living in the public eyes or media)then we may not see another 'public' princess/sheikha.for example:princess haya,who became the public wife.i like her alot.

He can marry whoever he wants but with his father's approval first.
And unless Sheikh Hamdan doesn't have a son with his official wife he had to choose one of his brothers, that's what I think I don't know their local law.

Last edited by a moderator:
I think that if Hamdans future wife (whoever this might be) could be a public wife- Dubai is built on images and dreams-so he would be wise to use her as an asset in promoting the city.
also Mohamed always talks about how he wants to empower women and let them have equal chances-having a beautiful,smart women in the newspapers would be a great thing as long as she is from a good family and doesn`t wear too revealing clothes.This is why I think it is the woman`s decision but of course she needs the mens approval.

I find this wrong on several levels.

Ooo...i see.thx dazzling.
But the problem is,if Hamdan only marry his relatives(who,maybe,arent used to living in the public eyes or media)then we may not see another 'public' princess/sheikha.for example:princess haya,who became the public wife.i like her alot.

Hamdan is not only limited to marrying his relative as a first wife, he can marry anybody he likes but she has to be from the country.
Whether he married his cousin or someone else I think this is a new generation which wil allow wives in public every once in a while.

I find this wrong on several levels.

explain why...otherwise this is just another "nope-sayer" and I dislike it when people just say "no" or "I don`t like it" without giving a reasonable,logical argument for doing so or another possible solution

It has been medically proven that to marry within your same family with the same genes can lead to heath problems for the children would you not agree.

yeah...but that's not what the thread is about....now ur kinda crossing boundaries...
i'm a bio major and have studied genetics and you always hear about the issue of incest, but u kno wut...personally, its done darn good for the maktoum family, *especially with their boy's looks:lol::lol::lol:

I just thought it was relevant to some of the earlier posts and could
explain the reason to some members of the Maks looking further afield
so to speak for partners thats all.

kinda wondered the same thing, since sheikh mo's daughters, other than sheikha hessa, are all married outside the family, but i don't think that will apply to his sons, they most likely will marry within the maktoums, at least for their first and official wife

i believe this topic IS relevant to "marriage customs of the ruling family" because it is their CUSTOM to MARRY first cousins and i agree with you amboo with what you said before. it is an unhealthy practice that al maktoums or other local dubai families dont plan on stopping anytime soon.

Only one of shk Mohammed's daughters is married out of the family and that is shka sheikha. Latifa's husband is a cousin(not first cousin but second cousin), Shk mo's mom was al Nahyan so Manal is related to shk Mansour and as you mentioned previously, shka Hessa is married to a first cousin. So actually it is common for the girls to marry within the family as well as the boys.

thnx...had no idea...
kinda creepy though...how everyone is related to everyone...next thing u kno, the entire country is related

... And with the same names :ROFLMAO:

If you think of Sheikh Mo as a blue print so to speak, his offical wife
is his cousin Sheikha Hind but not necessarily his first wife as Maitha
was born earlier than Hessa in 1980 so we can only speculate as to
how things will pan out for his sons time will tell.

didn't sheikh mo have two wives before sheikha hind, maitha's mom and manal's mom
cuz... religiously speaking he had to have married both those women in order to have kids, otherwise he'd be committing adultery...a very BIG no...no...
so does that mean sheikha hind was really #3?

Sheikh Mo, commit adultery? Heaven forbid :ohmy: Surely not? :lol:

Is Sheikha Manal older than Sheikha Maitha?

Sheikh Mohammed married them before Sheikha Hind but the official wife is her because she is his cousin (AL Maktoum)

Well, i was told some time ago on this forum there isn't anything like an un-offical wife in Islam, a wife is a wife. So that would mean, the only way that Hind stands out is that she is a cousin and that she is publicly known. (although we don't know if Mo married more cousins and Haya is also public knowledge)
But i'm also curious about the other wives. It must be more then four given the number of children Mo has. He can be divorced several times ofcourse but still it seems much :ermm:

Well, i was told some time ago on this forum there isn't anything like an un-offical wife in Islam, a wife is a wife. So that would mean, the only way that Hind stands out is that she is a cousin and that she is publicly known. (although we don't know if Mo married more cousins and Haya is also public knowledge)
But i'm also curious about the other wives. It must be more then four given the number of children Mo has. He can be divorced several times ofcourse but still it seems much :ermm:

As you said a wife is a wife, there is no official wife in Islam.
Hind is publicly known since she is a ocusin and a local.
The other wives arent really known in Dubai especially Sheikha Manals.
Sheikh Mohammed can have 4 wives at a time. We dont know who he is still married to besides Hind, Haya and Sheikha Maithas mother.

Sorry Dazzling but do you say that Mo is still married to Sheikha Maithas mother and not to the mother of Manal? How do you know?

Check out your dictionary for the word Official and the defanition of the
word is to hold public body as you have quiet rightly explained.

Sorry Dazzling but do you say that Mo is still married to Sheikha Maithas mother and not to the mother of Manal? How do you know?

I had no idea he was still married to shiekha maitha's mom?
*by the way how to pronounce sheikha maitha's name? is it like May-tha or
Ma-e-tha? and is it sheikha hessa or hussa? these names confuse me?

Yes he is, its just one of those things you know when you know people in the circle. Mant people in Dubai as well know that they are still married. She keeps a really low profile, does not attened any parties nor does she mix with the family for some reason.
For a very known fact, Sheikh Mohammed had left Sheikha Manals mother when Sheikha Manal was born. Sheikha Manal was brought up by her aunt Sheikha Hussa (Sheikh Mohammeds sister).

Back
Top Bottom