The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 07-18-2009, 04:16 AM
lolgirl

i agree with Tommy, Mo has open his own page on FB & Twitter, he is d " all so modern and so open minded" ruler of Dubai and Queen ERlizabeth favorite Sheikh, but he still continues in this "babaric unholy, unedifying first cousin marriage of a thing" this is so wrong this custom must be abolished if he is truly d open minded ruler he thinks he is then he shd stop it, and not marry his son off to first cousins
Old 07-18-2009, 05:48 AM
Super Moderator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger
Picture of the Month Assistant Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlova View Post
I dont know if is out of topic or not. But I wonder How Sheikhas must feel with theirselfs knowing that they´ll be consider by their husbands only Baby Factories!!!
I could agree that this was a few years back but nowadays its toatlly different, most of the generation now are marrying for love are marrying whom they want. As for a Sheikha, she has to marry a relative or a family or someone from a ruling family as for a Sheikh he can marry whom ever he wants but many choose to marry their cousins.

Many of the newly married couples have no children and that is prove that they arent baby machines, im talking about the ruling families in the UAE and not normal people.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lolgirl View Post
i agree with Tommy, Mo has open his own page on FB & Twitter, he is d " all so modern and so open minded" ruler of Dubai and Queen ERlizabeth favorite Sheikh, but he still continues in this "babaric unholy, unedifying first cousin marriage of a thing" this is so wrong this custom must be abolished if he is truly d open minded ruler he thinks he is then he shd stop it, and not marry his son off to first cousins
Being modern and open about things IMO isnt stopping marriage to a cousin which is a common thing in the region and not only in the UAE. Sheikh Hamdan is marrying for love and does want the girl so why stop it off just because she is a cousin. If he had been engaged to someone else many would say he isnt marrying for love or something on those lines.

Old 07-18-2009, 07:10 AM
Aristocracy

How can you affirm that sheikh hamdan loves the girl??..IF he was the one who in his last poem said that " He was looking for his sweetheart but can't find her in Dubai" ? Well doesn't his cousin live in Dubai?? Isn't that a lil' of contradiction???
Old 07-18-2009, 05:30 PM
Nobility

As I said: It would be OK for Sheikh Hamdan because of his culture or customs, not for me I would never like to marry with my first, second or whatever cousin, but I cannot change anyones customs.
I am aware of birth defects etc
If Hamdan marries his first cousin is because of some very personal reason, only he knows why or maybe he marries someone else at the last minute, who knows!!
Old 07-18-2009, 05:32 PM
Nobility

Lindinha856 could you please post this poem?Thanks
Old 07-18-2009, 06:14 PM
Aristocracy

Oh, yes... I would LOVE to read that poem... It has put me in such suspense.
I don't think it had to do with his life but a lot if his poems do... Maybe there is a twist we don't know about?

The Maktoums are a close knit family. Sheikh Mohammed even said that Arabs are big family people and if the Maktoums rule Dubai they all should be in one city.
Old 07-19-2009, 12:33 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by princessofuae View Post
Oh, yes... I would LOVE to read that poem...
You could try the Crown Prince Hamdan's poetry thread.
Old 07-19-2009, 10:08 AM
Gentry

I will defenitlly read the poem... :-) and yes, i agree with all of u, those women have only one big thing to do- give birth to as much kids as they can... Sheikha Hind have how much, around 12. 13 kids? Yes she is important to humanitarian work but... :-/
Old 07-19-2009, 03:03 PM
Super Moderator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sladjica View Post
I will defenitlly read the poem... :-) and yes, i agree with all of u, those women have only one big thing to do- give birth to as much kids as they can... Sheikha Hind have how much, around 12. 13 kids? Yes she is important to humanitarian work but... :-/
Sheikha Hind has 12 children and I dont think anybody forced her to have 12. She couldve easily stopped having them at any number she wanted. I think its quite unfair to always say that they are there to produce babies but without considering that maybe the women do want to have so many and its difficult for many to think or agree that some of these men really like their ladies or marry for love. They are no different than others.
Old 07-19-2009, 03:12 PM
Gentry

I would love to have as many kids as i could, that is for sure, but somehow it always seems like those women have a presure to have many kids. Sheika Hind did a great job by rasing tham, but like a said, since shes not public person and since she does have that many kids, it seems like shes been under a presure to have tham... it is a bit strange for me that someone has so many kids, because in my country the top is maybe 5 kids... dont get me wrong, i would love to have many kids, but for me 'many kids' are like 5... so, like i said, maybe because of there tradicional befaivor or whatever, but it really looks like they are taken like not so nice say 'factories'...
Old 07-19-2009, 07:13 PM
Super Moderator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger

Reminder, this is a thread to discuss marriage in the royal family, further off topic posts will be deleted without notice.

Thanks
Dazz
Old 01-07-2010, 11:05 AM
Commoner

I have a huge curiousity about this:
can hamdan(as the crown prince)marry a moslem european lady?and make her as the public wife?
and if they have a son,can he be the ruler of dubai?
Old 01-07-2010, 12:06 PM
Super Moderator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoLo View Post
I have a huge curiousity about this:
can hamdan(as the crown prince)marry a moslem european lady?and make her as the public wife?
and if they have a son,can he be the ruler of dubai?
Its never happened before and I dont think his father would approve it. He would allow a second wife who is a European but not as a first wife.
Old 01-07-2010, 01:19 PM
Commoner

Ooo...i see.thx dazzling.
But the problem is,if Hamdan only marry his relatives(who,maybe,arent used to living in the public eyes or media)then we may not see another 'public' princess/sheikha.for example:princess haya,who became the public wife.i like her alot.
Old 01-07-2010, 04:42 PM
Nobility

He can marry whoever he wants but with his father's approval first.
And unless Sheikh Hamdan doesn't have a son with his official wife he had to choose one of his brothers, that's what I think I don't know their local law.
Old 01-07-2010, 07:16 PM
Royal Highness

I think that if Hamdans future wife (whoever this might be) could be a public wife- Dubai is built on images and dreams-so he would be wise to use her as an asset in promoting the city.
also Mohamed always talks about how he wants to empower women and let them have equal chances-having a beautiful,smart women in the newspapers would be a great thing as long as she is from a good family and doesn`t wear too revealing clothes.This is why I think it is the woman`s decision but of course she needs the mens approval.
Old 01-07-2010, 08:58 PM
Heir Presumptive

I find this wrong on several levels.
Old 01-08-2010, 03:16 AM
Super Moderator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoLo View Post
Ooo...i see.thx dazzling.
But the problem is,if Hamdan only marry his relatives(who,maybe,arent used to living in the public eyes or media)then we may not see another 'public' princess/sheikha.for example:princess haya,who became the public wife.i like her alot.
Hamdan is not only limited to marrying his relative as a first wife, he can marry anybody he likes but she has to be from the country.
Whether he married his cousin or someone else I think this is a new generation which wil allow wives in public every once in a while.
Old 01-08-2010, 02:37 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by scooter View Post
explain why...otherwise this is just another "nope-sayer" and I dislike it when people just say "no" or "I don`t like it" without giving a reasonable,logical argument for doing so or another possible solution
Old 01-08-2010, 06:57 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by scooter View Post
Please tell us why