The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 05-07-2009, 07:48 AM
Gentry

I just said my personal opinion, i dint meen to be rude or offending, like i said before. I also said that i dont want to be taken wrong, by saying my own opinion. This topic is about marriage coustoms, and i asked how locals feel about her, because of all those things...

Old 05-07-2009, 11:22 AM
Gentry

Well i'm not offended. I understand perfectly what you say, but here they want to complicate everything
Then don't worry Sladjica, you don't offended me ok.
Closed Case

Old 05-07-2009, 11:51 AM
Gentry

Ok, im glad u didn't get me wrong, im just saying in my own name. i do have friends with different religions, and i dont have any problem with that, no, im was talking about changing believenings after so many years of believeing in other thing... i'm glad u didnt get me wrong... maybe i wrote it wrong..
Old 05-07-2009, 01:51 PM
Super Moderator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger
Picture of the Month Assistant Coordinator

This topic is Marriage Customs in the Ruling Family and not about religion so can we get back on topic please...

Thanks
Dazzling
Old 05-09-2009, 09:32 AM

Dubai Sheikhs

Can the Sheikhs of the Dubai Royal Family or any of the Royal Families in the Mid-East marry a Black woman?
Old 05-09-2009, 01:34 PM
Nobility

Or Hispanic?
Domino, I think they can marry whom they want, as far as I am concerned only the official wife has to be Emirati, if I am wrong, someone please correct me.
Old 06-14-2009, 02:04 PM
Commoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Domino View Post
Can the Sheikhs of the Dubai Royal Family or any of the Royal Families in the Mid-East marry a Black woman?
From what I understand the sheikhs or Arab males from prominent families can more freely marry however their choices aren't entirely free of blockage. That being said the preference is:

1. Marry a cousin (can be a distant cousin as families are quite large)
2. Marry a woman from another noble family.
3. Marry within your own [religious] sect.
4. Marry a woman from a different sect.
5. Marry a foreigner
6. Die a bachelor.

But things get tricky after #4.

I apologize as this is a bit off topic:
As for black women, it depends on the individual and their preferences. So there's no easy way to answer that question, sorry. However, if you're interested, from my past research on a similar topic black women were mostly brought in as slaves and worked in a domestic or sex slave (or concubine) or a combination of the two. In conversation with my Khaleeji and Levantine friends Blacks are not always regarded highly and are frequently referred to as "abd" or "abeed" meaning slave in Arabic. (There's over 1,500 years worth of history concerning Blacks and Arabs of the Arabian Peninsula that's very interesting if you wish to know more please send me a line privately.)
Old 06-15-2009, 07:39 AM
Administrator

Hi guys, since this forum is for the Ruling Family of Dubai, discussion of mass weddings and other topics have been moved to Members' Corner.
Old 07-09-2009, 11:08 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by brucantuosi View Post
They are first cousin. Sheikh Hamdan's mother and Sh. Sheikha's mother are sisters.
I think it's dangerous to keep marrying first cousins, genetically speaking. It's ok for 2 maybe 3 generations in a row but after that I think it can start to get dangerous. Hopefully they'll start to change this custom.
Old 07-09-2009, 11:51 PM
Commoner

Actually while there is a taboo to marry ones relative, scientifically speaking there is no proof that inter family marriages cause birth defects so long as both people are healthy and there is no "bad genes" like some illness that passes on from generation to generation. As long as they are healthy those genes will be passes on and there is no danger to the offspring. Now that aside I cant believe hes marring his cousin. Weird.. I cant believe some people still do this. Its just strange to me.
Old 07-10-2009, 06:26 AM
Gentry

It is strange for me too, but Sh.Mohammed is married to Sh.HInda, Hamdans mother and they are cousines too... It a tradicion or something..
Old 07-10-2009, 12:13 PM
Commoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyLove View Post
Actually while there is a taboo to marry ones relative, scientifically speaking there is no proof that inter family marriages cause birth defects so long as both people are healthy and there is no "bad genes" like some illness that passes on from generation to generation. As long as they are healthy those genes will be passes on and there is no danger to the offspring. Now that aside I cant believe hes marring his cousin. Weird.. I cant believe some people still do this. Its just strange to me.
That isn't totally correct. Scientifically inter-marriage between parallel cousins (as in Hamdans case) has a higher risk of consanguinity defects when children are produced. A relative example would be the Hapsburgs who married into every royal house in Europe and cousins kept marrying one another producing over the centuries defects and deformities. Even if genes are "healthy" to keep replicating the same DNA is damaging even if the results do not occur right away or changes manifest gradually.
Old 07-11-2009, 03:34 AM
Aristocracy

What does it matter if they are in love for now? My guess is that Hamdan will be free as a bird after marriage and can still shop around. After all, his father is also a polygamist. And Hamdan's marriage of a cousin is another sign, that Hamdan wants to follow the example of his father in every way .
Also i don't like the fact that his bride is not visible. I always hear that Dubai women are encouraged to step out, develop themselves and play their role in society. Shouldn't that also apply to the women of the Maktoum family?!
Old 07-11-2009, 10:11 AM
Aristocracy

Bettina i agree w/ u 200% on this one... Hamdan is said to be a great daddy's follower. But at the same time we don't know really how things work for them... IF hamdan wanted to marry someone who's not a royal , lets say a simple Jane whom he happens to really fall in love with would his parents ALLOW him to marry the one he truly loves??
The thing is that we don't know if he's marrying his cousin b/c:
A. He's obligated or
B. b/c he just wants to follow daddy's style of marriage.
C. He plans to have many wives
**What u guys think?? feel free to give ur opinions..
Old 07-11-2009, 12:12 PM
Aristocracy

A, B, C and
D: Marrying a cousin guarantees no secrets or money are leaked out of the family. No matter how the marriage turns out, Hamdan's future wife will never run back home because she already is .
Old 07-11-2009, 04:14 PM
Commoner

as i know he should get married with sameone from his family that is traditional
which is going from soo many years and hamdan will follow his family tradition and get married girl from his family no matter if he love her or not ************
Old 07-12-2009, 04:04 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by rad_rose View Post
as i know he should get married with sameone from his family that is traditional
which is going from soo many years and hamdan will follow his family tradition and get married girl from his family no matter if he love her or not ************
For european royalty it was also tradition for a long time to marry other royalty. This changed somewhere in the last century. Now they marry common partners.
In UAE traditions change as well. Most visible is the role of women. Traditionally UAE women were rarely seen outside the house, now they go to school, university and get a job.

So if things are changing in UAE, this might be the perfect time for Sh Hamdan to start a new tradition when it comes to his bride .
Old 07-12-2009, 03:37 PM
Gentry

Quote:
Originally Posted by bettina View Post
A, B, C and
D: Marrying a cousin guarantees no secrets or money are leaked out of the family. No matter how the marriage turns out, Hamdan's future wife will never run back home because she already is .

I agree with both of u!!! I am sure he will have more wives! And i think that i saw her picture in this site, so she is visiblle... and she is too young so i dont think that she has a certain role right now!
Old 07-12-2009, 11:42 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by bettina View Post
What does it matter if they are in love for now? My guess is that Hamdan will be free as a bird after marriage and can still shop around. After all, his father is also a polygamist. And Hamdan's marriage of a cousin is another sign, that Hamdan wants to follow the example of his father in every way .
Also i don't like the fact that his bride is not visible. I always hear that Dubai women are encouraged to step out, develop themselves and play their role in society. Shouldn't that also apply to the women of the Maktoum family?!
Oh I now Sheikh Hamdan could get married as many times as he wants, and maybe he would have a public wife just like his father. I sometimes think he already married someone but it is just my thinking.
Old 07-13-2009, 12:24 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by brucantuosi View Post
Oh I now Sheikh Hamdan could get married as many times as he wants, and maybe he would have a public wife just like his father.
Well that's one way to avoid adultery... or at least having it be called adultery