Marriage Customs of the Ruling Family

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
:ohmy:
Since 12....:wacko:
Sorry dubai-girl but I think she is very little for this.I am respectful to the culture but she is very very little.:sad:
Because in my country and lots of country in the world allowing to get married at the age of 18 and also in my country people prefer to marry at the age of 24.;)
So, I am surprised when I heard this.:shock:
Sorry ,but she is really very little in my opinion.:sad:

Her father had to say that ''You are very little for engagement,you have to wait'' I think.:thistle:

I really love all Dubai Royals,but I am sorry for lots of girls...:verysad:

I agree with u, i think shes too liltte for that! :ohmy:
when i was 12. i was still playing with barbies, and stuff. I dont want to be dissrespectfull or something like that, its just not something my coulture support..

I read that one of the Sheikh Mo.sons, dont know his name :-( the one whos into shooting, and already has one wife, meat muslim girl in Rusia, her name is Natasha (even though thats pure Orthodox name) and that he married her... How does locals feel about that? Is there any support or dissagreeing from locals about that?

thank u so much for the information even though im a bit stressed after i read it... cause im such a strong religious Orthodox women, and i would never change my religion, not even for Maktoum Hasher Al- Maktoum...:flowers::nonono:

but i guess its freedom of choosing.. honestlly i doubt that she really loves him... :ermm:

I agree with u. But for more love ,i don't change my religion

I agree with u. But for more love ,i don't change my religion

I dont even want to write were how i felt that she was orthodox and changed her religion... after all, did u see where she comes from???? and she loves him? hmmm i dont buy it... :ermm::nonono: i dont mean to hurt anyone in here, just that im orthodox, and its long story now to write it, but we have been through so many bad things, and im just putting my self in her position, and i couldnt do it, for all money in the world... by saying that i dont mean to offend anyone or any other religion...

can we stop this discussion here? Religion is everybodys privacy.

can we stop this discussion here? Religion is everybodys privacy.

i agree with u, like i said, i dont want to offend anyone and i dont want to be taken wrong with my comments... it was just my opinion...

She is from Belarus, not Russia. Though...many years ago Russia, Ukraine and Belarus was one country, had one language and...that's one people actually. But now it's different because of politics.
Though i think it can be important for this discussion because in a whole the economic situation and life conditions in Russia is much better than in belarus. maybe it can explain something.
But again I think that this topic is more about personal relationships so it's not polite to discuss it.

I just said my personal opinion, i dint meen to be rude or offending, like i said before. I also said that i dont want to be taken wrong, by saying my own opinion. This topic is about marriage coustoms, and i asked how locals feel about her, because of all those things...

Well i'm not offended. I understand perfectly what you say, but here they want to complicate everything
Then don't worry Sladjica, you don't offended me ok.:D
Closed Case

Last edited by a moderator:
Ok, im glad u didn't get me wrong, im just saying in my own name. i do have friends with different religions, and i dont have any problem with that, no, im was talking about changing believenings after so many years of believeing in other thing... i'm glad u didnt get me wrong... maybe i wrote it wrong.. :ermm::flowers:

This topic is Marriage Customs in the Ruling Family and not about religion so can we get back on topic please...

Thanks
Dazzling

Dubai Sheikhs

Can the Sheikhs of the Dubai Royal Family or any of the Royal Families in the Mid-East marry a Black woman?

Or Hispanic?
Domino, I think they can marry whom they want, as far as I am concerned only the official wife has to be Emirati, if I am wrong, someone please correct me.:rolleyes:

Can the Sheikhs of the Dubai Royal Family or any of the Royal Families in the Mid-East marry a Black woman?

From what I understand the sheikhs or Arab males from prominent families can more freely marry however their choices aren't entirely free of blockage. That being said the preference is:

1. Marry a cousin (can be a distant cousin as families are quite large)
2. Marry a woman from another noble family.
3. Marry within your own [religious] sect.
4. Marry a woman from a different sect.
5. Marry a foreigner
6. Die a bachelor.

But things get tricky after #4.

I apologize as this is a bit off topic:
As for black women, it depends on the individual and their preferences. So there's no easy way to answer that question, sorry. However, if you're interested, from my past research on a similar topic black women were mostly brought in as slaves and worked in a domestic or sex slave (or concubine) or a combination of the two. In conversation with my Khaleeji and Levantine friends Blacks are not always regarded highly and are frequently referred to as "abd" or "abeed" meaning slave in Arabic. (There's over 1,500 years worth of history concerning Blacks and Arabs of the Arabian Peninsula that's very interesting if you wish to know more please send me a line privately.)

Hi guys, since this forum is for the Ruling Family of Dubai, discussion of mass weddings and other topics have been moved to Members' Corner.

Last edited:
They are first cousin. Sheikh Hamdan's mother and Sh. Sheikha's mother are sisters.

I think it's dangerous to keep marrying first cousins, genetically speaking. It's ok for 2 maybe 3 generations in a row but after that I think it can start to get dangerous. Hopefully they'll start to change this custom.

Actually while there is a taboo to marry ones relative, scientifically speaking there is no proof that inter family marriages cause birth defects so long as both people are healthy and there is no "bad genes" like some illness that passes on from generation to generation. As long as they are healthy those genes will be passes on and there is no danger to the offspring. Now that aside I cant believe hes marring his cousin. Weird:ohmy:.. I cant believe some people still do this. Its just strange to me.

It is strange for me too, but Sh.Mohammed is married to Sh.HInda, Hamdans mother and they are cousines too... It a tradicion or something..:ermm:

Actually while there is a taboo to marry ones relative, scientifically speaking there is no proof that inter family marriages cause birth defects so long as both people are healthy and there is no "bad genes" like some illness that passes on from generation to generation. As long as they are healthy those genes will be passes on and there is no danger to the offspring. Now that aside I cant believe hes marring his cousin. Weird:ohmy:.. I cant believe some people still do this. Its just strange to me.

That isn't totally correct. Scientifically inter-marriage between parallel cousins (as in Hamdans case) has a higher risk of consanguinity defects when children are produced. A relative example would be the Hapsburgs who married into every royal house in Europe and cousins kept marrying one another producing over the centuries defects and deformities. Even if genes are "healthy" to keep replicating the same DNA is damaging even if the results do not occur right away or changes manifest gradually.

What does it matter if they are in love for now? My guess is that Hamdan will be free as a bird after marriage and can still shop around. After all, his father is also a polygamist. And Hamdan's marriage of a cousin is another sign, that Hamdan wants to follow the example of his father in every way :whistling:.
Also i don't like the fact that his bride is not visible. I always hear that Dubai women are encouraged to step out, develop themselves and play their role in society. Shouldn't that also apply to the women of the Maktoum family?! :flowers:

Bettina i agree w/ u 200% on this one... Hamdan is said to be a great daddy's follower. But at the same time we don't know really how things work for them... IF hamdan wanted to marry someone who's not a royal , lets say a simple Jane whom he happens to really fall in love with would his parents ALLOW him to marry the one he truly loves??:ermm:
The thing is that we don't know if he's marrying his cousin b/c:
A. He's obligated or
B. b/c he just wants to follow daddy's style of marriage.
C. He plans to have many wives
**What u guys think?? feel free to give ur opinions..:flowers:

A, B, C and
D: Marrying a cousin guarantees no secrets or money are leaked out of the family. No matter how the marriage turns out, Hamdan's future wife will never run back home because she already is :ermm: .

as i know he should get married with sameone from his family that is traditional
which is going from soo many years and hamdan will follow his family tradition and get married girl from his family no matter if he love her or not ************

as i know he should get married with sameone from his family that is traditional
which is going from soo many years and hamdan will follow his family tradition and get married girl from his family no matter if he love her or not ************

For european royalty it was also tradition for a long time to marry other royalty. This changed somewhere in the last century. Now they marry common partners.
In UAE traditions change as well. Most visible is the role of women. Traditionally UAE women were rarely seen outside the house, now they go to school, university and get a job.

So if things are changing in UAE, this might be the perfect time for Sh Hamdan to start a new tradition when it comes to his bride :flowers:.

A, B, C and
D: Marrying a cousin guarantees no secrets or money are leaked out of the family. No matter how the marriage turns out, Hamdan's future wife will never run back home because she already is :ermm: .

I agree with both of u!!! I am sure he will have more wives! And i think that i saw her picture in this site, so she is visiblle... and she is too young so i dont think that she has a certain role right now!

What does it matter if they are in love for now? My guess is that Hamdan will be free as a bird after marriage and can still shop around. After all, his father is also a polygamist. And Hamdan's marriage of a cousin is another sign, that Hamdan wants to follow the example of his father in every way :whistling:.
Also i don't like the fact that his bride is not visible. I always hear that Dubai women are encouraged to step out, develop themselves and play their role in society. Shouldn't that also apply to the women of the Maktoum family?! :flowers:

Oh I now Sheikh Hamdan could get married as many times as he wants, and maybe he would have a public wife just like his father. I sometimes think he already married someone but it is just my thinking.

Oh I now Sheikh Hamdan could get married as many times as he wants, and maybe he would have a public wife just like his father.

Well that's one way to avoid adultery... or at least having it be called adultery :whistling:

Back
Top Bottom