Marriage Customs of the Ruling Family

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
is there any other women who are married to the al maktoum family on instagram like mrs_almaktoum?

im curious do you think the younger generation of the maktoums and nahyans will take more than one wife? it seemed common in their parents time, but I don't think a cultural aspect like that would fade in one generation.

im curious do you think the younger generation of the maktoums and nahyans will take more than one wife? it seemed common in their parents time, but I don't think a cultural aspect like that would fade in one generation.

Not necessarily they follow their parent's footsteps. I don't think they younger generation will do so but who knows, maybe 1 or 2 would.

It might be that they have to marry more than one wife if the younger generation wants to have many descendants like their parents and grandparents. But even in their parents' generation, not all have/had multiple wives .... so time will tell....

Last edited:
One more

One more took a foreign wife. Rashid bin Ahmad married a woman from England.
So they do marry non royals and non muslims.

It is not a secret? If you distrust, ask friends

Wasn't this all in the British press like 2010?? He married a girl and had a son with her then lied and said he didn't marry her and she took him to court?? The girl was Muslim and from Lebanon if I'm remembering right not British. Rashid Bin Ahmed did take a official wife from the UAE. Or am I thinking of the wrong Sheikh???

Wasn't this all in the British press like 2010?? He married a girl and had a son with her then lied and said he didn't marry her and she took him to court?? The girl was Muslim and from Lebanon if I'm remembering right not British. Rashid Bin Ahmed did take a official wife from the UAE. Or am I thinking of the wrong Sheikh???

Wrong shaikh.
His full name is Rashid bin Ahmad Bin Maktoum Bin Joumaa Al Maktoum. He is brother to jumping Latifah.

Wrong shaikh.
His full name is Rashid bin Ahmad Bin Maktoum Bin Joumaa Al Maktoum. He is brother to jumping Latifah.

its not that I disbelieve you I was just wondering how anyone knew were they married recently goes either have instagram?

its not that I disbelieve you I was just wondering how anyone knew were they married recently goes either have instagram?

It is not only threw instagram you find things like this out. The girl do talk to people as well. Sound like you know about this mariage too.

One more took a foreign wife. Rashid bin Ahmad married a woman from England.

It is not a secret? If you distrust, ask friends

It is not only threw instagram you find things like this out. The girl do talk to people as well.....

A credible source might be needed. Please post a link here which support your statement. This makes it easier to discuss. Without a reliable source its like fishing in troubled waters.

Last edited:
A credible source might be needed. Please post a link here which support your statement. This makes it easier to discuss. Without a reliable source its like fishing in troubled waters.

With all respect, you know there is no official statements about those matters. But am sure you easily can find it out.
Girls name is Natalie.

With all respect, you know there is no official statements about those matters.

yeah, correct. There is no reliable source or any link available...just rumors....

Last edited:
Not just rumors this time. If you have time do check out. As said before Natalie Lankester

Last edited:
I realize it is difficult to get confirmation of such news about the ruling family but we don't indulge in speculation here.

Let's move on from this discussion.

Humera
Dubai Forum Moderator

Who is prince of dubai

Is there any other prince of Dubai other than Hamdan.. for example his brother sheikh ahmed aur sheikh maktoum are also prince of dubai.. Or anyother sheikh from dubai royal family are also prince.????plz reply

Is there any other prince of Dubai other than Hamdan.. for example his brother sheikh ahmed aur sheikh maktoum are also prince of dubai.. Or anyother sheikh from dubai royal family are also prince.????plz reply

We do not have royals here in UAE like in real monarchies usual. Also we are not a kingdom but more a federation. We have 6 ruling families in 7 Emirates. The Al Maktoum's are one of them. All Al Maktoum boys and girls are members of the ruling family of Dubai and called Shaikh or Shaikha. The using of the term "crown-prince" in UAE often creates confusion.

Last edited:
But who is actually the prince of dubai.. when ever i try to find.. only sheikh hamdan appears as crown prince of dubai and none other... so we can say that sheikh Hamdan is the only prince of dubai... all alone.. right! His brothers are sheikhs but dont carry the title .of being prince.... guide plz..

But who is actually the prince of dubai.. when ever i try to find.. only sheikh hamdan appears as crown prince of dubai and none other... so we can say that sheikh Hamdan is the only prince of dubai... all alone.. right! His brothers are sheikhs but dont carry the title .of being prince.... guide plz..

No one is prince of Dubai because we are not a monarchy. Well, Shaikh Hamdan is also called "crown prince" but isnt a "real" prince since we use this term (CP) differently than in monarchies usual.

ok so nwe can say that Hamdan is the Prince of dubai.. thanks for .information

ok so nwe can say that Hamdan is the Prince of dubai.. thanks for .information

No, he isnt a prince.

Traditionally, governments in UAE were always small, both in size and scope. This was natural, given the size of the communities and the difficult economic environment in which they existed. However, this environment valued consensus as well as participation, and the traditional form of such participation would exist within the context of a majlis or council. In this framework, issues relevant to the community were discussed and debated. Opinions were expressed and the shaikh would take these opinions into consideration prior to taking a decision.

Traditionally, the ruler of an emirate – the Shaikh – was the leader of the most powerful tribe, while each tribe, and often its sub-sections, also had a chief or shaikh. These maintained their authority only as long as they were able to retain the support of their people. This, in essence, was a form of direct democracy. Part of that process was the unwritten, but strong, principle that the people should have open access to their ruler, and that he should hold a frequent and open majlis, in which his fellow citizens could voice their opinions.

Such a direct democracy, which may be ideally suited to small societies, becomes more difficult to maintain as the population grows. Simultaneously, the increasing sophistication of government administration means that many people now find it more appropriate to deal directly with these institutions on most matters, rather than seek personal meetings with their rulers.

Despite the change in times, a fascinating aspect of life in the UAE even today – and one that is essential to better understand its political system – is the way in which the institution of the majlis maintains its relevance. In many emirates, the ruler and a number of other senior family members continue to hold an open majlis, in which participants may raise a wide range of topics, both of personal interest and of broader concern. This remains an important parallel of political participation and enriches political participation in the cultural context. It is now evident that it is these elements of governance that have served as a solid foundation in maintaining the unique identity of the country against a backdrop of rapid economic and social changes.

The changes envisioned and undertaken by the UAE leadership represent an indigenous initiative reflecting the need to transform the country’s traditional political heritage – based on consensus, the primacy of the consultative process and gradual social change – into a more modern system that takes into account the rapid socio-economic advances made since the establishment of the federation.

More here and here

Last edited:
Another question to u... Do all sheikhs and sheikhyas live in palaces in dubai.. Aur only almaktoum boys like sheikh hamdan and his family or sheikh mohammed and his family live in palace... And how many palaces are there in dubai in which ruling family lives.

Another question to u... Do all sheikhs and sheikhyas live in palaces in dubai.. Aur only almaktoum boys like sheikh hamdan and his family or sheikh mohammed and his family live in palace... And how many palaces are there in dubai in which ruling family lives.

Zabeel Palace is the official residence of the ruler of Dubai and his family. Most have also private houses. These villas come pretty big depending where you are or which community your choose to live in. So not all live in what you called " a palace". There are also other properties in- and outside of UAE owned by members of the ruling family.

For more information please have a look here: http://www.theroyalforums.com/forum...i-and-homes-of-the-ruling-family-12233-6.html

Back
Top Bottom