The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 10-19-2013, 07:09 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shay773 View Post
Does sheikh nasser al khalifa and wife have palace in Dubai ? I wonder how sheikha will feel if Nasser married again ? Are the are like sisters or friends when married to the same man ?
There are no signs for a second marriage of Sheikh Nasser. In the event of a further marriage we cannot say what Sheikha Sheikha will feel or of which kind the relationship between the wifes would be. All of our statements will remain speculations.

Old 10-19-2013, 07:35 PM
Commoner

O I didn't mean just them i mean in overall does anyone know how the relationship are between wives of one husband

Old 10-19-2013, 07:39 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
O I didn't mean just them i mean in overall does anyone know how the relationship are between wives of one husband
It can be very different. Often both haven´t any relationship to each other. But it might be exceptions. In general only a small amount of Emirati men have more than one wife.

Old 10-19-2013, 07:44 PM
Commoner

I never mind I read when Sheikh Saeed bin Maktoum got married again his wife was happy and called Natasha her sister. I wonder because the man can marry more then once but this is a new day and age in maybe not as ok for the first wife as it was in the past
Old 10-19-2013, 07:50 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
I never mind I read when Sheikh Saeed bin Maktoum got married again his wife was happy and called Natasha her sister. ......
There are always some rumours.....

Old 10-20-2013, 12:19 AM
Gentry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imanmajed View Post
There are always some rumours.....
can you pm me the rumors?

also im curious are any of the younger generation of royals interested in polygamy? or is it now viewed as a thing of the past?

also I have noticed that back in the days women had lots of children but now people have a child every few years, my friend said that was because of western influence. is this true
Old 10-20-2013, 01:50 AM
Commoner

Will fazza have a bigger wedding then the rest of his brothers because he us the CP ?
Old 10-20-2013, 05:22 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by snapcrackle View Post
I have noticed that back in the days women had lots of children but now people have a child every few years, my friend said that was because of western influence.
The number of children is heavily influenced by many reasons, a declining fertility rate is a sign for a more advanced, progressed society-not a sign of "Western influence"!
If you look back in time, you will notice that in Europe or the US people also used to have a lot of children, most people relied heavily on their family (especially their own children) when they were old or sick. Children financially supported their parents and cared for them when they got old and sick. Now with rapid changes in our society, a state-financed social system, pensions, free health care etc. children are no longer needed for "social security" reasons. (In royal families the high number of births was necessary to secure the dinasty and make sure that one of the heirs is living long enough to inherit the throne. Most children died within the first year(s) of their live and did not reach puberty.1)) Another important reason for the decline in births is the advancement in medicine and technology which reduced the child mortality rate and introduced better instruments for family planning. Furthermore it is important to notice the influence of education of women,in most countries the number of births is declining when women have access to higher education which gives them a chance to acchieve something in life. Before women were allowed to receive education and enter the employment market, the only career choices for the majority of women were "mother" or "housewife".

1)This essay highlights some of the health problems and reasons for the high child mortality rate between 16th-18th century: Children and Youth in History | Health in England (16th?18th c.)
Lynda Payne, "Health in England (16th–18th c.)" in Children and Youth in History
. Helen Keller
Old 10-20-2013, 07:36 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Will fazza have a bigger wedding then the rest of his brothers because he us the CP ?
no, will be the same....

Old 10-20-2013, 07:38 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by blauerengel View Post
The number of children is heavily influenced by many reasons, a declining fertility rate is a sign for a more advanced, progressed society-not a sign of "Western influence"!If you look back in time, you will ........
You hit the nail! The whole post of you explained all well!

Old 10-20-2013, 07:47 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
can you pm me the rumors?
Sorry to say this, but I don´t want to spread rumors. The most of them are untrue. Hope for your understanding.

Quote:
also im curious are any of the younger generation of royals interested in polygamy? or is it now viewed as a thing of the past?
Polygamy is permitted for us, but only a small number of men have more than one wife. The extent to which the younger generation of Sheikhs decide for one or more wifes can not be said in general. We will see with time. Currently visible is that there are fewer polygamous marriages by the younger Sheikhs.

Old 10-20-2013, 08:49 AM
Commoner

I seem video of man weddings what are the women part like ?
Old 10-20-2013, 09:02 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
I seem video of man weddings what are the women part like ?
In UAE men and women celebrate a wedding separated. Mostly the wedding party of the women is more glamorous and elaborate. The bride will have a special place. She appears last on the celebration. There is plenty of food and drink. Among the tribes different traditions around the wedding still exist.

More informations you can also find here: the-uae-and-gulf-states-social-and-cultural-traditions