Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 03-10-2012, 04:31 AM
Super Moderator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger
Picture of the Month Assistant Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imanmajed View Post
This is what I know!! This does not mean that it is true ....My mother told me and she knows most of the wives of Sheikhs.

I do not know how it is in Bahrain at this point. But in our engagements her in UAE engagements, reversals of engagements or divorces are not officially announced. Only weddings, but even here, not in every case.
What do you mean not in every case?
Engagements & weddings are always announced between family & friends, a party is held with more than 100+ people attending.
Weddings are huge and everybody knows about it by at least a week when the invites are sent out. Moreover for the mens celebration, a small part is shown on the news and pictures in the local papers the next day.

As for long engagements, its normal. Not only in the Al Maktoum family but in all families. No names but a few Sheikhs & Sheikhas have not been engaged officially but have spoken for one another, waiting for an engagement to take place. Many Sheikha's do get engaged young, married after university. An engagement period of 2 years is not unusual.

Old 03-10-2012, 04:40 PM

Dubai, UAE is a country that doesn't come across the rulers privacy unlike other countries that even the rulers relationship status is being asked about. They don't brag or show their possessions. They come out in public as a normal resident of UAE.

Old 03-11-2012, 04:18 AM
Gentry

I strongly believe whatever it happened in the end Sheikh Hamdan will be happy and unearthly in love with his special girl.Because that is what really matters - to find the true love...
Old 03-13-2012, 05:16 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by dazzling View Post
What do you mean not in every case?
Engagements & weddings are always announced between family & friends,
We share it with family and friends, but not with the public in general.
And not in every case..... I am talking about the secret brides and wifes.
Quote:
Weddings are huge and everybody knows about it by at least a week when the invites are sent out. Moreover for the mens celebration, a small part is shown on the news and pictures in the local papers the next day.
in the case of an official marriage, yes of course. Sometimes you can find pictures in the newspaper or on the news on television of the wedding celebration of the men.
In the case of an unofficial marriage, never!!!
Quote:
As for long engagements, its normal. Not only in the Al Maktoum family but in all families. No names but a few Sheikhs & Sheikhas have not been engaged officially but have spoken for one another, waiting for an engagement to take place. Many Sheikha's do get engaged young, married after university. An engagement period of 2 years is not unusual.
What are you talking about? Of an actual engagement to marry or just the intention of the families of an engagment between two children when they are old enough or have completed their study.????There is a big difference.
I spoke of an actual engagement announced. After that, it is unusual to postpone the wedding for a long time. However, there is no official engagement, then play the time not matter.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mact25 View Post
Dubai, UAE is a country that doesn't come across the rulers privacy unlike other countries that even the rulers relationship status is being asked about. They don't brag or show their possessions. They come out in public as a normal resident of UAE.
Thats absolutly correct. The rulers privacy (engagements, marriages, divorces, wife (s)) is for us nothing that must be show publicly.
Old 03-18-2012, 03:54 PM
Commoner

Hey, Im new here and I just wanted to ask one thing
Im from India and here when woman gets married she usually changes her surname and for example remain as Mrs Chopra. After Sheikha Shaikha got married to Sh Nasser, she is Mrs Al Khalifa or remain as Al Maktoum?
Old 03-18-2012, 04:41 PM
Serene Highness

Welcome Dark Moon. We look forward to you as a new forum participants.
After a marriage our women don´t change their names. The wife of Sheikh Nasser bin Hamad al Khalifa is Sheikha Sheikha bint Mohammed bin Rashid al Maktoum. She is still Mrs. al Maktoum. But in my country we don´t say the surename of a person. So is Nasser HH Sheikh Nasser or Mr. Nasser and Sheikha is HH Sheikha Sheikha or Mrs. Sheikha. Let me explain: Suppose we have two persons as an example. Michael Miller and Mary Jardon. We don´t say Mr. Miller and Mrs. Jardon. We say Mr. Michael and Mrs. Mary. We always talk to people by their first names, because in the UAE we havn´t last names in the same tradition history as in Europe realy. Have fun here at the forum and enjoy the discussions. Greetings from UAE, Majid
Old 05-19-2012, 03:09 PM
Commoner

Do the Crown Prince of UAE need to have at least one official royal bride that is 100% emirati ?
Old 05-19-2012, 03:21 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by x.pixie.x View Post
Do the Crown Prince of UAE need to have at least one official royal bride that is 100% emirati ?
No, the nationality of future bride of HH Sheikh Hamdan does not matter. He can choose either a 100% UAE national or a foreigner as his first wife. Both is welcome.
Old 05-20-2012, 04:23 AM
Gentry

yes, but she must be muslim?
Old 05-20-2012, 04:46 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by souzi1990 View Post
yes, but she must be muslim?
No, she don´t must be a Muslim. She can be a christian or a jewish too. But it is important, that she has a book religion and believe and trust in god.
Old 05-20-2012, 05:14 AM
Gentry

Quote:
She can be a christian or a jewish too. But it is important, that she has a book religion and believe and trust in god.
So, atheist is not welcome. Sadly, because most of the girls nowadays are so.
Old 05-20-2012, 05:32 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by maharata View Post
So, atheist is not welcome. Sadly, because most of the girls nowadays are so.
An atheist is welcome, if she is willing to convert to Islam. We have a relgious rule, that a muslim can only marry a woman from a book religion (islam, christian, jewish). But we can´t marry by islamic law a woman which is atheist.
Old 05-20-2012, 12:32 PM
Commoner

So they can marry a woman who's from a book religion and don't want to convert into a Muslim. Is she then acceptable by the family too?
Old 05-20-2012, 02:35 PM
Aristocracy

Yes she may keep her religion, however the kids will be brought up as Muslims and Islamic laws will be applied to this marriage.
That said I really doubt that he will marry a non-Muslim or a non-gulf country lady ( that's is only my believe and I have menu reasons supporting this believe) :)
Old 05-20-2012, 03:02 PM
Gentry

Exactly my point, lady blue. I don't see why he would marry a non-Muslim, as there are so unique Muslim girls out there. In addition, I would be surprised if his choice of wife is non-Muslim.But as the saying goes - love is blind. Who knows?
Old 05-20-2012, 03:06 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by x.pixie.x View Post
So they can marry a woman who's from a book religion and don't want to convert into a Muslim. Is she then acceptable by the family too?
Yes, he can and I think it will be accept by his family in the end. But if you ask me for my personal view, I think the same like lady_blue: he will marry a muslim lady from UAE or other gulf countries as his first wife.
Old 05-20-2012, 03:11 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by maharata View Post
Exactly my point, lady blue. I don't see why he would marry a non-Muslim, as there are so unique Muslim girls out there. In addition, I would be surprised if his choice of wife is non-Muslim.But as the saying goes - love is blind. Who knows?
maharata, I think that he has already made ​​his choice ..... I'm sure he knows that he needs a strong woman who has grown his future tasks.
Old 05-21-2012, 05:31 AM
Gentry

But if he marries a christian, will be applied to this marriage Muslims and Islamic laws?
Old 05-21-2012, 06:02 AM
Gentry

I think it depends on the desire of his wife if she wants to convert to Islam or keep her religion. But their future kids unavoiadably will be Muslims, as the children always take their father's religion.
There are a few examples - like Queen Noor of Jordan who converted to Islam. But we also have Rita Hayworth who stayed Christian during her marriage with Prince Aly Khan.
Old 05-21-2012, 06:05 AM
Gentry

Quote:
maharata, I think that he has already made ​​his choice ..... .
Of course he has made it. But we are just discussing the feasible situations.