The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 10-31-2010, 09:26 AM
Gentry

Quote:
Originally Posted by desideria View Post
Does some of you know if it happens often or rarely to call off an engagement in the ruling family?
It happens very very rarely for engagements to be called off in the ruling family.

Old 11-01-2010, 08:34 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by blauerengel View Post
explain why...otherwise this is just another "nope-sayer" and I dislike it when people just say "no" or "I don`t like it" without giving a reasonable,logical argument for doing so or another possible solution
I did at the time and Warren edited it out. So I am assuming that repeating it would annoy W unneccesarily.

Old 12-25-2010, 06:24 PM
Gentry

Quote:
Originally Posted by desideria View Post
Does some of you know if it happens often or rarely to call off an engagement in the ruling family?
I am quite sure you are refering to Sheikh Hamdan???

Today, 25.12.2010 seen on facebook:
"we are all wondering if Hamdan is still engaged, has never been or if it is off? could you kindly tell us!? a lot of girls would like to know if it is still worth to wait for him :-)"

"Maryam bint Mohammad bin Rashed Al Maktoum (Official Page) hahaha, Hamdan is engaged to his cousin Sheikha. They've been engaged for a few years (i think). There are no plans so far for the wedding but I'll tell you for sure when something happens."

The site is run not by Maryam herself, but by a friend. I am just wondering why in Dubai you do not hear or see anything from this relation!?!? And on facebook they tell you straigth on...!?
Old 12-25-2010, 11:50 PM
Commoner

sheikh hamdan must be really happy about so many girls care about him and romantic maybe never a difficult thing for him
Old 12-26-2010, 06:30 AM
Gentry

You can be sure about that!
Let's just hope that he is or will be with a girl he really loves!
Old 12-26-2010, 08:21 AM
Aristocracy

anea18 facebook isnt realy maryam other a friend is a fan for maryam.sh-rashid website wrote is a fake isnt maryam
Old 12-26-2010, 09:16 AM
Gentry

Quote:
Originally Posted by deniz1999 View Post
anea18 facebook isnt realy maryam other a friend is a fan for maryam.sh-rashid website wrote is a fake isnt maryam
Ohhh, so this fan gives a lot of time for updating this website. Must be a really BIG BIG fan!
Old 12-30-2010, 03:35 AM
Gentry

Quote:
Originally Posted by anea18 View Post
I am quite sure you are refering to Sheikh Hamdan???

Today, 25.12.2010 seen on facebook:
"we are all wondering if Hamdan is still engaged, has never been or if it is off? could you kindly tell us!? a lot of girls would like to know if it is still worth to wait for him :-)"

"Maryam bint Mohammad bin Rashed Al Maktoum (Official Page) hahaha, Hamdan is engaged to his cousin Sheikha. They've been engaged for a few years (i think). There are no plans so far for the wedding but I'll tell you for sure when something happens."

The site is run not by Maryam herself, but by a friend. I am just wondering why in Dubai you do not hear or see anything from this relation!?!? And on facebook they tell you straigth on...!?

It's totally bothering when some people do post wrong infos to the net affirming it's true altough there is no relation to the "original people"...

So thanks anea18 you've done a good job
Old 12-30-2010, 04:11 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by scooter View Post
I did at the time and Warren edited it out. So I am assuming that repeating it would annoy W unneccesarily.
Refers to post #165
No, you did not explain anything. Your original content is untouched and unchanged and reads "I find this wrong on several levels." Full stop.
The edit was simply to remove the quote of blauerengel's post which, since it immediately preceded your post, didn't require repetition.
Old 02-13-2011, 10:07 AM
Gentry

Quote:
Originally Posted by dubai-girl View Post
5-What did the family of Nasser say about engagement? they said no first cause they were both small then he said he wont study aboard only if he is goin to get engagged to her
i know this is really old but where did you get this information from? are you sure about it? cause this sounds like he really must have wanted her.... but there are also people who say that this marriage was arranged because the families have a good relationship and the marriage would make this stronger...
Old 02-13-2011, 05:44 PM
Aristocracy

even if the marriage was arranged it does not mean he did not want her...
Old 02-14-2011, 10:42 AM
Gentry

Quote:
Originally Posted by lady blue View Post
even if the marriage was arranged it does not mean he did not want her...
of course not... i like to believe that they really love each other anyway...but we can never know..
but to say something like "i won´t go abroad if i don´t get her" is really drastical i think...
Old 07-16-2011, 10:05 PM
Gentry

so does anyone know the whole deal about sheikha manal and sheikh mansour wedding? who would he marry someone that is not sheikha hinds daughter?
Old 07-17-2011, 06:33 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by snapcrackle View Post
so does anyone know the whole deal about sheikha manal and sheikh mansour wedding? who would he marry someone that is not sheikha hinds daughter?
Some marry for money, for status or titles but some may actually fall in love :-)
If you read some poetry or listen to Umm Kalthoum you will find out that Arabs can be quite romantic too
By the way I think that Mansour is quite attractive and they have very sweet children,to an outsider it seems like a really happy marriage
Old 07-17-2011, 12:25 PM
Commoner

Well, judging by posts from people who have exposure to the Al Nahyans and recent news, it seems that the Mansour/Manal marriage is far from being happy or exclusive. I do agree he is pretty attractive but it seems that his wife isn't the one he is saving it for:)
Old 07-18-2011, 04:30 AM
Royal Highness

Really?Where did you hear/read that? I feel very sorry for her if the rumours are true :-(
One of my relatives had a womanizing husband and she kept on saying "As long as he always comes back to me I can accept it ."- Well, I think that was a different generation of women, they had to put up with much more than we do today...
Old 07-18-2011, 09:19 AM
Commoner

Tradition in the ruling family is that a sheikh must marry a sheikha. What about a sheikh whose mother is unknown?(definitely not a sheikha as in the case of Sheikh Majid and Sheikh Mansoor)

Is it compulsory for them also to marry a sheikha (as first wife)? Or can they marry any girls? Or what type / kind of girls are they allowed to marry (first marriage)?
Old 07-18-2011, 01:45 PM
Commoner

Well, as you see from the other topic, Sheikha Shamsa is married to a non-royal so apparently it is possible. However, she is an extreme case. I think the guys can have 2-3 wives who are not sheikhas as long as they have one official sheikha wife.
As for Sh. Mansour, he is a bit too old to marry Sh. Hind's daughters. Manal is a sheikha herself and a guess in the end it was a bit of compromise from both sides. She agreed to be his third wife and his family accepted she is a daughter from a non-official wife. If marriage is about power, then I think she has the best one out of Sh. Mohammed's daughters.
Old 07-18-2011, 03:35 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by 789 View Post
Well, as you see from the other topic, Sheikha Shamsa is married to a non-royal so apparently it is possible. However, she is an extreme case. I think the guys can have 2-3 wives who are not sheikhas as long as they have one official sheikha wife.
As for Sh. Mansour, he is a bit too old to marry Sh. Hind's daughters. Manal is a sheikha herself and a guess in the end it was a bit of compromise from both sides. She agreed to be his third wife and his family accepted she is a daughter from a non-official wife. If marriage is about power, then I think she has the best one out of Sh. Mohammed's daughters.
wait...is this the same sheikha shamsa who tried to run away?...if yes, how do u kno she's married to a non-royal?
Old 07-18-2011, 03:52 PM
Gentry

who is sheikh mansour's 2nd wife?