The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 03-29-2010, 01:00 PM
Aristocracy

Sheikha dont study

Old 03-29-2010, 05:25 PM
Gentry

yes sometimes Sheikhs do refer to a woman as their wife, which usually means they are planning an engagement party or have their milcha already arranged and invitations sent out. It could also mean that he has already proposed to her and she has accepted him as in 'khutbah'. But this title 'wife' has to come from the man...a girl cannot go around calling herself the wife until the contract has signed...and yes she is recognized by the family.

i want to hear if others have heard the same as me? Maybe this was just one case I heard of...?

Old 03-30-2010, 03:12 AM
Super Moderator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger
Picture of the Month Assistant Coordinator

That is most likely the case throught the Gulf.
In the UAE, a man only refers to as "his wife" is after the siging of the marriage contract.
If they are engaged or have officialy been engaged without a ceremony than the groom to be & bride to be call one another "fiance"
Old 04-22-2010, 06:01 AM
Commoner

Oh so Hamdan himself chose his cousin Sheikha, as his first wife has to be a cousin ?
But can a Sheikh marry any other muslim girl who is not from Emirates?
Old 04-22-2010, 06:48 AM
Super Moderator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger
Picture of the Month Assistant Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady_Rose View Post
Oh so Hamdan himself chose his cousin Sheikha, as his first wife has to be a cousin ?

But can a Sheikh marry any other muslim girl who is not from Emirates?
Well according to sources yes he choose her but I cant prove it 100%. His first wife doesnt have to be a cousin nor and Emirati but as his position as a crown prince it is more suitable for her to be at least an Emirati.
Old 09-26-2010, 04:39 PM
Gentry

can Hamdan marry a cristian west girl as his first wife?
Old 09-26-2010, 07:44 PM
Nobility

i think he can marry whomever he wants but it is preferred that he marry an emirati-muslim
Old 09-26-2010, 08:07 PM
Heir Presumptive

I think he has less choice than you think. He can do whatever he wants, but if he marries a western girl, it won't be highly acceptable.
Old 09-27-2010, 03:07 PM
Gentry

Quote:
Originally Posted by souzi1990 View Post
can Hamdan marry a cristian west girl as his first wife?

is he in love with one west girl?
Old 10-01-2010, 05:03 PM
Gentry

i don't think so..
Old 10-18-2010, 03:32 AM
Commoner

why Hamdan feels pressure on this marrige? he can marry 4..remember? he can marry this girl as the senior wife and has what he wanted with the other 3.....
Old 10-18-2010, 08:19 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by baijy007 View Post
why Hamdan feels pressure on this marrige? he can marry 4..remember? he can marry this girl as the senior wife and has what he wanted with the other 3.....
Maybe he's not Polygameous
Old 10-18-2010, 09:01 AM
Gentry

Quote:

I don't think that he is allowed to marry his girl as his senior wife. In my opinion the first wife Sh. Hamdan is going to marry must be a sheikha because of the title of the future first lady... what a pity for him .... and for his girl .....
Old 10-18-2010, 10:07 AM
Commoner

He is the CP,his children in the future will take his place,so the children's mother must be a pure sheikha~
no matter which wife of his four,there must be have a sheikha,it's likely that she will be the first~
Old 10-18-2010, 12:14 PM
Gentry

Do you mean aiimyl he can marry his girl as his first wife but their children wouldn't get as same positions as his children with a sheikha and a sheikha would be anyhow the first lady?
Old 10-18-2010, 03:00 PM
Commoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by desideria View Post
I don't think that he is allowed to marry his girl as his senior wife. In my opinion the first wife Sh. Hamdan is going to marry must be a sheikha because of the title of the future first lady... what a pity for him .... and for his girl .....
yeah, i meant he has to marry the princess as senior one and marry his beloved one as junior......

unless he really wanna give the beloved girl both the title and his love.... by the way, who is this girl? everybody says there was one he really loved before, is there any reference, any article or pictures about this lady other than Hamdan's love poems?
Old 10-18-2010, 03:04 PM
Commoner

Unhappy

Quote:
Originally Posted by aiimyl View Post
He is the CP,his children in the future will take his place,so the children's mother must be a pure sheikha~
no matter which wife of his four,there must be have a sheikha,it's likely that she will be the first~
Tragedy...................
Old 10-18-2010, 03:14 PM
Gentry

Quote:
Tragedy...................
Yes tragedy...either way someone is going to get hurt if things progress that way, him or the girl, and whomever else feels they could be the 'official one' waiting in the wings. I wonder how he feels about this subject...I mean how he feels about having his future picked for him by public opinion...? I don't want him to be like the English king who abdicated for his wife. That would be horrible for him. Win-win situations always come with hard decisions IMO.
Old 10-18-2010, 03:31 PM
Commoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arabian Star View Post
Yes tragedy...either way someone is going to get hurt if things progress that way, him or the girl, and whomever else feels they could be the 'official one' waiting in the wings. I wonder how he feels about this subject...I mean how he feels about having his future picked for him by public opinion...? I don't want him to be like the English king who abdicated for his wife. That would be horrible for him. Win-win situations always come with hard decisions IMO.
maybe he's found the peace with this already. he was born in royal family, everybody gets married in this way such as his parents. he's the crown prince so he has his duty hence he cannot live like a normal person... to them-princes and princesses, this might be how the life goes.... it's their culture and tradition.....like the women there can accept their husband marry other ladies...
Old 10-18-2010, 03:35 PM
Gentry

Quote:
maybe he's found the peace with this already. he was born in royal family, everybody gets married in this way such as his parents. he's the crown prince so he has his duty hence he cannot live like a normal person... to them-princes and princesses, this might be how the life goes.... it's their culture and tradition.....like the women there can accept their husband marry other ladies...
I really hope this is the case for him, and I agree with you on the culture part.