Marriage Customs of the Ruling Family

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
even if the marriage was arranged it does not mean he did not want her...

even if the marriage was arranged it does not mean he did not want her...
of course not...:flowers: i like to believe that they really love each other anyway...but we can never know..
but to say something like "i won´t go abroad if i don´t get her" is really drastical i think...

so does anyone know the whole deal about sheikha manal and sheikh mansour wedding? who would he marry someone that is not sheikha hinds daughter?

so does anyone know the whole deal about sheikha manal and sheikh mansour wedding? who would he marry someone that is not sheikha hinds daughter?

Some marry for money, for status or titles but some may actually fall in love :)
If you read some poetry or listen to Umm Kalthoum you will find out that Arabs can be quite romantic too :kiss:
By the way I think that Mansour is quite attractive and they have very sweet children,to an outsider it seems like a really happy marriage:flowers:

Well, judging by posts from people who have exposure to the Al Nahyans and recent news, it seems that the Mansour/Manal marriage is far from being happy or exclusive. I do agree he is pretty attractive but it seems that his wife isn't the one he is saving it for:)

Really?Where did you hear/read that? I feel very sorry for her if the rumours are true :-(
One of my relatives had a womanizing husband and she kept on saying "As long as he always comes back to me I can accept it ."- Well, I think that was a different generation of women, they had to put up with much more than we do today...

Tradition in the ruling family is that a sheikh must marry a sheikha. What about a sheikh whose mother is unknown?(definitely not a sheikha as in the case of Sheikh Majid and Sheikh Mansoor)

Is it compulsory for them also to marry a sheikha (as first wife)? Or can they marry any girls? Or what type / kind of girls are they allowed to marry (first marriage)?

Well, as you see from the other topic, Sheikha Shamsa is married to a non-royal so apparently it is possible. However, she is an extreme case. I think the guys can have 2-3 wives who are not sheikhas as long as they have one official sheikha wife.
As for Sh. Mansour, he is a bit too old to marry Sh. Hind's daughters. Manal is a sheikha herself and a guess in the end it was a bit of compromise from both sides. She agreed to be his third wife and his family accepted she is a daughter from a non-official wife. If marriage is about power, then I think she has the best one out of Sh. Mohammed's daughters.

Well, as you see from the other topic, Sheikha Shamsa is married to a non-royal so apparently it is possible. However, she is an extreme case. I think the guys can have 2-3 wives who are not sheikhas as long as they have one official sheikha wife.
As for Sh. Mansour, he is a bit too old to marry Sh. Hind's daughters. Manal is a sheikha herself and a guess in the end it was a bit of compromise from both sides. She agreed to be his third wife and his family accepted she is a daughter from a non-official wife. If marriage is about power, then I think she has the best one out of Sh. Mohammed's daughters.

wait...is this the same sheikha shamsa who tried to run away?...if yes, how do u kno she's married to a non-royal?

Tradition in the ruling family is that a sheikh must marry a sheikha. What about a sheikh whose mother is unknown?(definitely not a sheikha as in the case of Sheikh Majid and Sheikh Mansoor)

Is it compulsory for them also to marry a sheikha (as first wife)? Or can they marry any girls? Or what type / kind of girls are they allowed to marry (first marriage)?

I would disagree. If you look at many of the older generations of Sheikh's, many/most of them are married to non-Sheikha's. The tradition part is that a Sheikha must marry a Sheikh.

As first or any marriage they can marry who they want or who their family pick for the, whether its a Sheikha or a commoner but must be approved by the family.

@ Faith_g: someone posted a neat summary of Sh. Mohammed's children on the other thread and it says Sh. Shamsa is married to a non-royal.
@snapcrackle: Sh. Mansour's second wife is the daughter of the ruler of Sharjah. He married her before Manal and from what I heard, they were married for about 1-2 years, had no kids and then divorced.

@snapcrackle: Sh. Mansour's second wife is the daughter of the ruler of Sharjah. He married her before Manal and from what I heard, they were married for about 1-2 years, had no kids and then divorced.

:previous:

Sheikh Mansour never married Sharjahs ruler's daugher. He got engaged for a few months to a Sheikha who's mother is from the Al Nahyan family and father is from Al Qassimi Sharjah ruling family but not related to the ruler. Her name was Sheikha Shayma. They live in Abu Dhabi. He left her because it was said an arranged marriage that he did not want. Few months later he married Sheikha Manal who is his second wife.

Sheikha Shayma's mother is called Sheikha Mozah bint Hilal - Her grandfather was the late Sheikh Zayed's cousin.
Father name is Sheikh Faisal Al Qassimi (member of the ruiling family of Sharjah - Related to Sharjah ruler

Last edited:
Uh! I just wish those people could come out and say this and this happened, I have this many wives and this many children and halas! So many conflicting versions flying around! There are people on this forum who claim that they were at the wedding and others who say he never married her. How is this possible?? It makes it very confusing for people to figure out. Not that it is any of our business but we are curious and want to know anyways :)

Uh! I just wish those people could come out and say this and this happened, I have this many wives and this many children and halas! So many conflicting versions flying around! There are people on this forum who claim that they were at the wedding and others who say he never married her. How is this possible?? It makes it very confusing for people to figure out. Not that it is any of our business but we are curious and want to know anyways :)

totally luv'd ur Kanye Rant...:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:..."it's none of my business...BUT...i still want to know":lol::lol::lol:

The ruling families private life is kept private and you cant blame them. I don't think anyone would like their A-Z private life out there in public and I personally think a marriage life is to be kept private. Once the media has some information they would want more and then more.

A party celebration did take place but that was for the engagement and not wedding.

Anyways sorry that this was off topic as this is about Dubai ruling family custom marriage :flowers:

Ruling Families in the Gulf generally keep their personal lives private and the women usually live a low key life away from the glare of the press.

Sheikh Mansour married Sheikha Manal as his second wife. As mentioned previously in this thread, I agree that Sheikh Mansour must have married for love largely because he wouldn't leave his other wife otherwise with whom he has one son, Zayed. With Manal he has 3 children now, Sheikh Mohammed, Sheikha Fatima, Sheikh Hamdan.

I would disagree. If you look at many of the older generations of Sheikh's, many/most of them are married to non-Sheikha's. The tradition part is that a Sheikha must marry a Sheikh.

As first or any marriage they can marry who they want or who their family pick for the, whether its a Sheikha or a commoner but must be approved by the family.

I would like to agree on this post. The older generations of Sheikhs, like Sheikh Zayed Bin Sultan Al Nahyan, married women from Bedouin Tribes who had a high standing in society. Although it is absolutely compulsory that a Sheikha must marry a Sheikh, Shamsa (if she is married) would be the exception, as her reputation was damaged. In terms of Sheikh marrying a Sheikha, it is a requirement, but the Sheikhs are allowed to marry women from presitigious families in the UAE as well.

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't know what you say that the reputation of Shamsa was damaged. She was 18 years old, & a press article is never reliable to know what really happened, so forget about it. Talking about it again & again is non sense. She lives normally with her family, and saying that she was banished is pure rumours.

In Austria we say something that you could translate as Once your reputation is damaged, you can live without restraints " (->have a happy life!) / "Ist der Ruf erst runiert, lebt sich´s gänzlich ungeniert!"/

I don't know what you say that the reputation of Shamsa was damaged. She was 18 years old, & a press article is never reliable to know what really happened, so forget about it. Talking about it again & again is non sense. She lives normally with her family, and saying that she was banished is pure rumours.

Hey...i'd like to know where u get ur info from bout any of this Maktoum stuff...u don't have to mention names but who's to say wut ur sayin is tru...(no i'm not bashing u...so please don't take it to heart...i'm jus curious)...u just seem really sure of ur info n ur sources...but anyone on this forum can feel that way...:whistling:

Hey...i'd like to know where u get ur info from bout any of this Maktoum stuff...u don't have to mention names but who's to say wut ur sayin is tru...(no i'm not bashing u...so please don't take it to heart...i'm jus curious)...u just seem really sure of ur info n ur sources...but anyone on this forum can feel that way...:whistling:
And i really want to have that supernatural being of knowing how anyone in the forum feels :whistling:

The idea of a Sheikh marrying a Sheikha comes from that the traditions of in the UAE where people marry their cousins till this day. Its not a must but it happens in a lot of families but general speaking there is no such thing as a requirement of a Sheikh to marry a Sheikha.

Late Sheikh Zayed - Only one wife was a Sheikha
Sheikh Khalifa - Not Sheikha
Sheikh Sultan's 2nd wife - Not a Sheikha

If you look at Sheikh Hind's brother, Sheikh Juma - Married to a non Sheikha.
Sheikh Maktoums son - Married twice and both wife's are not Sheikha's nor from the UAE.
Sheikh Mohammed bin Rashed's first wife/s (giving the ages of Sheikha Manal and Sheikha Maitha) both mothers were not from the UAE nor Sheikha's.

The idea of a Sheikh marrying a Sheikha comes from that the traditions of in the UAE where people marry their cousins till this day. Its not a must but it happens in a lot of families but general speaking there is no such thing as a requirement of a Sheikh to marry a Sheikha.

Late Sheikh Zayed - Only one wife was a Sheikha
Sheikh Khalifa - Not Sheikha
Sheikh Sultan's 2nd wife - Not a Sheikha

If you look at Sheikh Hind's brother, Sheikh Juma - Married to a non Sheikha.
Sheikh Maktoums son - Married twice and both wife's are not Sheikha's nor from the UAE.
Sheikh Mohammed bin Rashed's first wife/s (giving the ages of Sheikha Manal and Sheikha Maitha) both mothers were not from the UAE nor Sheikha's.
Sheikh Hasher too.
Where is Sheikh Saeed 1st wife from? I thought she's a commoner.

And i really want to have that supernatural being of knowing how anyone in the forum feels :whistling:

i guess asking someone to not take something to heart doesn't always work...smh...

Hahaha no, faith_g, it doesn't work. This forums is a typical all girls school atmosphere. Everyone takes everything personally. On some of the other threats there have even been accusations that some of the people posting are the royals themselves and that's why they are so sensitive and argue so hard. LOL

My rule of thumb is that I don't trust anyone's opinion unless they say they live in the UAE and know via this and this channel that something happened. There were a couple of posts by a girl in this situation in the Al Nahyan thread. Otherwise, everything else (incl. my opinions) are just different views and guesses.

Sheikh Saeed Bin Matkoum.
Where is his first wive from? Isn't she a commoner?

Originally she is not a local. She comes from a family which are in general called "eam". They are originally Iranian's who settled in the UAE a while back but won't really call themselves UAE citizens/locals. They talk differently with an accent and you can tell right away where they are from.

Hahaha no, faith_g, it doesn't work. This forums is a typical all girls school atmosphere. Everyone takes everything personally. On some of the other threats there have even been accusations that some of the people posting are the royals themselves and that's why they are so sensitive and argue so hard. LOL

My rule of thumb is that I don't trust anyone's opinion unless they say they live in the UAE and know via this and this channel that something happened. There were a couple of posts by a girl in this situation in the Al Nahyan thread. Otherwise, everything else (incl. my opinions) are just different views and guesses.

Yes, some ppl take things too seriously...I also talked to members who claimed to be royal or who get very angry if we didn´t agree on certain things - and did I forget to mention that I´m the Queen of Sheba?:lol:

Oh yeah, people pretending to be royals has happened before but I am not sure on which thread. I remember some years ago there was a heated discussion whether Mansour is marrying Manal out of love and these 2 girls were going at each other arguing all the time and then one said ' I have a sneaky feeling that you are Manal under cover and that's why you get so sensitive and argue that he loves her'. It was hilarious!

Back
Top Bottom