Sheikh Hamdan bin Mohammed named Crown Prince of Dubai: 1 February 2008

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

dubai-girl

Commoner
City
Dubai
Country
United Arab Emirates
we thank god for the trust that mohammed bin rashid gave to hamdan
for giving him the job of the next crown prince ot dubai

and maktoum bin moahmmed bin mohammd & hamdan bin rashid the dupty ruler of dubia bot of them:flowers:

congrt hamdan he is the crown price of dubai

Last edited by a moderator:
WHAT?! Hamdan will be crown prince? didn't know... mabrouk! he's the best!

Hamdan is the crownprince of Dubai..
Mabrook to all the dubaians:)

Hamdan bin Mohammed bin Rashid appointed Dubai's Crown Prince

Feb 1, 2008 - 01:44 -

Dubai, Feb. 1st, 2008 (WAM) - Vice President and Prime Minister of UAE His Highness Sheikh Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum, has issued a decree in his capacity as Ruler of Dubai, appointing Sheikh Hamdan bin Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum as Crown Prince of Dubai.

The decree shall go into effect as of today, Friday February 1st, 2008. It shall be published in the official gazette.

Sheikh Mohammed also issued a decree, naming Sheikh Maktoum bin Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum and Sheikh Hamdan bin Rashid Al Maktoum as Deputy Rulers of Dubai, as of today.

WAM/MAB

Hamdan bin Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum

Feb 1, 2008 - 02:23 -

Dubai, Feb. 1st, 2008 (WAM) - His Highness Sheikh Hamdan bin Mohammed bin Rashid AI Maktoum is the Chairman of the Dubai Executive Council which is entrusted with the task of overseeing Dubai Government entities.

Under his leadership, the council has achieved a number of significant milestones including the announcement of the Dubai Government Strategy in February 2007, which lays the roadmap for the Emirate's development.

His Highness Sheikh Hamdan is mandated to ensure proper implementation of government projects within the agreed deadlines. In addition to overseeing different movement committees and following up on the daily functions. His responsibilities also include giving direction to the government's drive to enhance performance.

Born on 14 November, 1982, His Highness Sheikh Hamdan studied at the Rashid Private School, Dubai. After graduating, he went the UK's Sandhurst Royal Military Academy, one of the finest military schools in the world. He has attended specialized courses at the London School of Economics and the Dubai School of Government.

His Highness Sheikh Hamdan displays statesmanlike characteristics and unique leadership qualities, which he has acquired from his father His Highness Sheikh Mohammed Bin Rashid AI Maktoum, Vice President and Prime Minister of the UAE and Ruler of Dubai.

H.H, Sheikh Hamdan Is also the President of Dubai Sports Council, Dubai Autism Center and the Sheikh Mohammed bin Rashid Establishment for Young Business Leaders.

An accomplished horse rider, H.H. Sheikh Hamdan has won several awards at local and international endurance races, including the Gold Medal at the Asian Olympic Games. He has a passion for poetry.

WAM/MAB

CONGRATULATIONS
Am SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO Happy for him :)

CONGRATULATIONS to HIM
Am SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO Happy for him :)

Wow, great news!! I'm so happy for me him. A TRILLION CONGRADULATION TO HIM. Perfect person for this position.

wow! i guess we could all see this coming. lets hope he does a good job. congrats to both maktoum and hamdan!

does anyone know if there is any sort of official "coronation" for being named crown prince or does shk mo just issue a decree and he is crown prince?

i know coronation is the wrong word but it was the only word i could think of to describe what i meant.

Hamdan is the perfect person for this position..as rashid has no intrest..
Mabrook to DXB..

rashid dose not hav intrest in being anything

that my point of view

rashid dose not hav intrest in being anything

I would say he doesn't have any interest in being anything in Dubai. His interests seem to be more towards building Zabeel Racing International into one of the top thoroughbred stables in the world.

Congrats to Sheikh Hamdan and Sheikh Maktoum!

WOW!!

CONGRATULATIONS TO HAMDAN!!!:flowers:Hamdan is so cool!:cool:

Last edited:
oh!! I feel bad for sheikh Rashid, i hope it was his choice not to be the next ruler. Is he upset, is that the reason why we havent seen him out much lately. Those people who live in Dubai...do they know what is going on with Rashid.

Last edited by a moderator:
Is sheikh rashid not responsible/or is he not interested in anything that is important..rashid is my favorite too...i cant imagine he's okay with it. If i got passed over for anything by my younger sisters i would hit the roof.

It also doesnt look good that he got passed over..it reminds me of Prince Mohammed of saudi arabia who got passed by his father king abdul azziz for his bad temper..

But then i could be worng and he would be okay with it

i agreed with turkish delight. i dont feel sorry for rashid. i think if he wanted it, it was his to have. he simply has other interests.

Is sheikh rashid not responsible/or is he not interested in anything that is important..rashid is my favorite too...i cant imagine he's okay with it. If i got passed over for anything by my younger sisters i would hit the roof.

It also doesnt look good that he got passed over..it reminds me of Prince Mohammed of saudi arabia who got passed by his father king abdul azziz for his bad temper..

But then i could be worng and he would be okay with it

Rashid is responsible of course.
He is okay with it,why not?Being bigger doesn't mean that he will be.;)

The important is making good things for the country and Hamdan did really important things.
But for Rashid,he was just interested in sports.
My favourite was Rashid because of his STRONG PERSONALITY ,that Hamdan hasn't.
If Rashid did like Hamdan,Rashid named not Hamdan.

I can say that I am happy with Hamdan's named but,Rashid has really different personality and can do lots of things better,but unfortunately he didn't do.

and..I 'm sure that Hamdan will do very good things,but not strong personality like Rashid.:ermm:

Lots of people in Dubai want to be Hamdan.(I think)

But we have to say that CONGRATULATIONS!!!!! in Arabic Mabrook Hamdan!:)

Last edited:
am happy for hamdan ofcorse...there is no surprise that he was named...it was just a matter of time.

I think its because rashid is my favourite that i feel bad for him....i hope it wasnt due to some shortcoming that he was passed over.

When i fantasize about a guy(like i do with rashid)i like to make sure he has good character. (just joking, please disregard the last sentence)

am happy for hamdan ofcorse...there is no surprise that he was named...it was just a matter of time.

I think its because rashid is my favourite that i feel bad for him....i hope it wasnt due to some shortcoming that he was passed over.

When i fantasize about a guy(like i do with rashid)i like to make sure he has good character. (just joking, please disregard the last sentence)

We all love Rashid!!:wub::wub:

Rashid is also my favourite about being CP,but this is Hamdan's right.

Don't feel bad for him,I think he is very happy now.

Crown Prince!

Hello Guys ! This is my first post...

Thought you would all like to hear that today Sheikh Hamdan has been officially declared to be the Crown Price of Dubai. His brother Sheikh Maktoum & uncle Sheikh Hamdan are to be the Deputy Rulers.

If Rashid wanted the CP position..he wud get..but Rashid has no intrest in this..thats y his brother Hamdan is the CP..
Dont forget that rashid is mohammeds eldest son..and mohammed wud b glad if his eldest so wud take on the CP..
but we all kno that rashid has no intrest so..hamdan is the the nxt option n hamdan deserves..
at the end ..they r both brothrs..

you can read all my prior posts and i am not one to speculate about hamdans rumored engagements but i think the announcemet of him being crown prince begs the question, what next? i can only imagine that there is a sheikha already decided upon to be his wife and that this is all part of the "deal."

is it you "dubai-girl" and you just havent told us yet? you sneaky girl! just kidding......

i am in total shock that sheikh mo left rashed out of the loop. there must be some really bad blood between the two. i did not see sheikh maktoum coming. i know he is bright, but you rarely ever see him with sheikh mo. i would never have guessed that he would be deputy ruler. SHOCKED! i can't imagine hamdan being a player on the international stage. i guess he will get up and read a poem at the UN. this is going to be very interesting to watch to say the least. i think sheikh mo passed up more qualified people to keep it in the family. this might be a big mistake.

Rashed wasnt being groomed for the position or any other position like Hamdan. It was a very obvious who the next crown prince was, it was just a matter of time.

A few articles from gulf-news.com
Shaikh Hamdan appointed Dubai's Crown Prince - article
Right candidate with the right skills to carry the torch of development- article
Business community welcomes 'strong signal' given by new leaders - article

Last edited:
Rashed wasnt being groomed for the position or any other position like Hamdan. It was a very obvious who the next crown prince was, it was just a matter of time.

A few articles from gulf-news.com
Shaikh Hamdan appointed Dubai's Crown Prince - article
Right candidate with the right skills to carry the torch of development- article
Business community welcomes 'strong signal' given by new leaders - article
Since both boys came back from Sandhurst in 2002, it have been obvious to us who live in the UAE that Sheikh Hamdan was being groomed for the role of Crown Prince. It is well known that Sheikh Rashid would much prefer to pursue other interests.

The simultaneous announcement naming Sheikh Maktoum as a Deputy Ruler continues the tradition begun with the previous generation of having the Deputy Ruler outside the line of succession. And a full brother to the Ruler.

Both are very smart moves.

Friends,I think Hamdan will definately marry in these days because of being Crown Prince.What do you think?

Friends,I think Hamdan will definately marry in these days because of being Crown Prince.What do you think?

I have no idea but I think it would be good for him to settle down with a nice wive, a bunch of kids and a place to rest from all his responsibilities as a CP. ;)
I hope though he will marry out of love and not only out of duty. And who knows we'll get a glimpse of his future wive and family every now and then. After all, Hamdan is very modern:).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom