The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 12-07-2009, 03:46 AM
Commoner

rashid is totally passion in football and horse races....but how come a person live just football and horse race?? i really didnt get it, coz i have to work everyday to support my life...^^ but again, really wish to see rashid in the public again.....

Old 12-07-2009, 03:59 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by miss b View Post
i am still in shock that mo's children fly commercial.
why? I think that`s good,why should they be treated special?
first they have to earn their OWN money,then they can fly first class and buy as many Aston Martins,Maseratis and Lamborghinis as they want.

But that`s my opinion, I think it`s good if they are treated like normal people so they don`t become arrogant and bitchy.

Old 12-07-2009, 04:04 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by faith_g View Post
how come sheikh mo's younger daughter r getting married so young, while his daughter sheikha hessa (first child I believe) married so late? And how come sheikha married before mariyam, just curious?
maybe she doesn`t want to???
well,this would be good,because I think marriage and childbirth really damages a womens career-so she is ambitious and gets her will

I don`t think that nobody proposed to her!!!!
even if she looked like an elephant,many men would be still hot for her money and connections:-)
family ties are very very very important in the UAE!
Old 12-07-2009, 04:28 PM
Commoner

I`m agree with you. In the uae marriage seems to based more in family values, connections than physsical appearance or "love".
Old 12-07-2009, 10:34 PM
Nobility

they earn their own money? u mean they actually have jobs?
Old 12-08-2009, 01:03 AM
Super Moderator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger
Picture of the Month Assistant Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by blauerengel View Post
why? I think that`s good,why should they be treated special?
first they have to earn their OWN money,then they can fly first class and buy as many Aston Martins,Maseratis and Lamborghinis as they want.

But that`s my opinion, I think it`s good if they are treated like normal people so they don`t become arrogant and bitchy.
They dont have to be treated special, they do travel by private planes sometimes, there have been pictures of them on their planes.

Many of Sheikh Mohammeds children dont have jobs yet they still spend crazy amounts therefore they are using their fathers money which is very normal in the Gulf for children to use especially if the fathers dont mind.

I know a few people who like the luxury life, travel by private planes, spend a fortune during summer but arent arrogant nor treat people that they are better. I think it has to do with your upbringing IMO.
Old 12-09-2009, 11:26 AM

I know that Sheikh Mohammed Bin Rashid has a genuine facebook one, as for the rest I am not sure.

This happens everywhere not just in the Gulf, rich kids, spend their parents money, until they reach an age where they earn their own, or they continue spending the family money. Also arrogant or humble, losers or achievers is a part of every family in the world not just royalty.
Old 12-10-2009, 04:57 PM

I have been looking for info on Ahmed. When they get engaged do they post an announcement is it kept private, ? I'm asking because some woman on twitter is claiming to be engaged to Ahmed , & that he is going to adopt her son.
Old 12-10-2009, 05:40 PM
Aristocracy

U mean Mo's brother Ahmed don't you, from the airline company? I also saw it on Twitter, but it all seemed weird and not very likely. Ahmed married last year with a cousin, but around the same time there was also rumour he had a son. From another wife, his longtime girlfriend. I don't know if i understood it right but anyway, he is not a free man. And that woman on Twitter.... Just a hysteric nut.
Old 12-10-2009, 06:44 PM

Thanks for your reply. Thats what I thought that she wasnt quite right, but then she said she had met him through someone on this forum. Do they have more than 2 wives?
Old 12-11-2009, 02:00 AM
Super Moderator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by bettina View Post
U mean Mo's brother Ahmed don't you, from the airline company? I also saw it on Twitter, but it all seemed weird and not very likely. Ahmed married last year with a cousin, but around the same time there was also rumour he had a son. From another wife, his longtime girlfriend. I don't know if i understood it right but anyway, he is not a free man. And that woman on Twitter.... Just a hysteric nut.
Ahmed who is head of Emirates airlines is what I think you are reffering to correct?
Well, that Ahmed is Ahmed bin Saeed, he is Sheikh Mohammed bin Rasheds uncle.
Sheikh Mohammeds father and Sheikh Ahmed are brothers with different mothers.
Old 12-11-2009, 03:22 AM
Nobility

again jus curious...
how come the latifa1 and mariam 1 are never mentioned in the forum's list of sheikh mo's kids....is their existence not confirmed (sry don't mean to sound so blunt)
Old 12-11-2009, 02:52 PM
Aristocracy

I indeed meant Ahmed, head of Emirates Airlines but i got the the family connections wrong.Thanks for clarifying
Old 12-11-2009, 04:06 PM

How do you keep all the family members straight? So many names that are the same. I've always studyed history & keeping track of the living is a little daunting.
Old 12-11-2009, 07:10 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by dylanM121 View Post
How do you keep all the family members straight? So many names that are the same. I've always studyed history & keeping track of the living is a little daunting.
Usually the Bin/Bint so and so clears things up.
Old 12-12-2009, 04:11 PM
Royal Highness

Wink

yes, when you learn just a little bit of Arabic it`s much,much easier:-)
and you find out just how many words are lent from the Arabic language and how they use Latin words in Arabic too-it`s very interesting.

Just for starting: BIN means something like "son of"- just like Sheikh Hamdan bin Mohammed and then there comes "Al...."- so that shows the connections and family ties and tribe/clan you belong to-
e.g. Queen Rania "Al Abdulla" -it shows that now she "belongs" (sorry, couldn`t find a more suitable word) to Abdullah and the Hshemite family.
Or also Sheikha Maitha bint Mohammed al Maktoum- which means that she is part of the Al Maktoum family:-)

(Bin=son/man Bint=daugther/woman!)

I hope I got it right, I am just learnig by putting some puzzles of information together as I don`t have enough time to learn Arabic properly and most Arabs talk to me English anyway:-)
Old 12-12-2009, 04:28 PM
Nobility

anyone have any news on sheikha latifa and her baby boy?
how is she and the baby n wut did they decide to name the baby?
Old 12-13-2009, 01:47 AM
Super Moderator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger

Quote:
anyone have any news on sheikha latifa and her baby boy?
how is she and the baby n wut did they decide to name the baby?
She is due next month.
Old 12-13-2009, 02:53 AM
Nobility

really? i swear I read somewhere that she had a baby boy????????
Old 12-13-2009, 05:08 AM
Super Moderator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger

Quote:
really? i swear I read somewhere that she had a baby boy????????
I read that as well but when I asked a few sources they said she was due in Jan unless there was a missunderstanding.

Tags
al maktoum, dubai, sheikh, sheikha