The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 05-07-2009, 07:51 PM

Hi warren

Hello Warren,

I see that you are the Administrator of this site.

I was writing to introduce myself and say hello. I am going to be visiting Dubai for the first time in January and wanted to get some recommendations about which places will be good to visit (e.g., restaurants, shopping, etc.)

I have a tour guidebook but there is nothing like getting information from a person that actually lives in Dubai.

Any recommendations will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Old 05-09-2009, 03:54 PM
Administrator

Hello sanward, welcome to the Forums.
I am one of the administrators of the site, and sorry, but I don't live in Dubai.
You may have better luck posting your question in the Travel Forum Dubai thread.

Old 07-11-2009, 12:52 PM

Ahmed bin Saeed al Maktoum`s wife ist Shaikha Mona bint Obaid bin Thani al Maktoum.How old is Mona?
Old 07-11-2009, 05:41 PM
Super Moderator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger
Picture of the Month Assistant Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by hasi View Post
Ahmed bin Saeed al Maktoum`s wife ist Shaikha Mona bint Obaid bin Thani al Maktoum.How old is Mona?
Early 40's. Sheikh Ahmed was once engaged to her when she was in her 20's and then broke it off (dont know who did and why).
Old 07-12-2009, 03:37 AM

ohh ok Thanks. She have children ,with Ahmed or with husband nr.1?
Old 10-10-2009, 09:19 AM
Commoner

i want to ask a silly question....
1)do they know hindi.???

2)do the royal family watches bollywood movies?iam asking this because before 2004 the dubai govt had a channel called CHANNEL 33.it used to show indian movies.so i assume they themselves saw the movies and showed on their channel...sometimes even dubai one tv shows movies...
Old 10-20-2009, 11:58 PM
Nobility

I have read somewhere that sheikh mo has I think two daughters named latifa and three named mariam but all with different wives. Is that true? Does he really have that many latifas and mariams?

Just a quick question, do you guys think Sheikh Rashid will ever take a serious role in government like his brothers in the near future? I know he's involved in sports and the Olympic committee, but nothing of the sort that amounts to his brothers' positions.
Old 10-21-2009, 02:55 AM
Commoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by faith_g View Post
I have read somewhere that sheikh mo has I think two daughters named latifa and three named mariam but all with different wives. Is that true? Does he really have that many latifas and mariams?
Here you can find some information about the children of Sheikh Mohammed.

I've never heard anything about Sheikh Rashids future plans, maybe someone else knows more about that and can give you a better answer.
Old 10-21-2009, 02:56 AM
Super Moderator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger

Quote:

Just a quick question, do you guys think Sheikh Rashid will ever take a serious role in government like his brothers in the near future? I know he's involved in sports and the Olympic committee, but nothing of the sort that amounts to his brothers' positions.
Sheikh Mohammed has 2 Mariams and 2 Latifas.
A Mariam and a Latifa from Sheikha Hind and a Mariam who is from a Lebenese lady (some say she is Sheikha Manal's sister but nothing really ever confirmed that). I dont know from which mother the other Latifa is from but she is older than Sheikha Hinds daughter.

About Rashed, I personally dont see him taking up any govt position and nothing high like his brother. I think the next positions will be among the younger brothers. Sheikh rashed is hardly seen at events, meetings and official stuff.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hasi View Post
ohh ok Thanks. She have children ,with Ahmed or with husband nr.1?
She never married, Sheikh Ahmed is her first husband and no children from him yet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingjunaid View Post
i want to ask a silly question....
1)do they know hindi.???

2)do the royal family watches bollywood movies?iam asking this because before 2004 the dubai govt had a channel called CHANNEL 33.it used to show indian movies.so i assume they themselves saw the movies and showed on their channel...sometimes even dubai one tv shows movies...
1. Im not a 100% sure but I would assume they knew abit if not fluent. Back in the days, all nannies, drivers (till now) workers were Indians. That generation did know the language. It was like English these days.

2. I dont know but all local channels in the UAE did play bollywood movies once a week.
Old 10-21-2009, 05:18 AM
Commoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by dazzling
1. Im not a 100% sure but I would assume they knew abit if not fluent. Back in the days, all nannies, drivers (till now) workers were Indians. That generation did know the language. It was like English these days.

2. I dont know but all local channels in the UAE did play bollywood movies once a week.
thanks for replying to a stupid question lol.
Old 10-21-2009, 10:56 PM
Nobility

i read in an earlier post that sheikh rashid has a long term relationship with a non emirati, is that true, how come you never here about it? do you think he has any kids? or is it just gonna be hush hush like his father until he gets married to one of his cousins?
Old 10-22-2009, 02:04 AM
Super Moderator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger

Quote:
i read in an earlier post that sheikh rashid has a long term relationship with a non emirati, is that true, how come you never here about it? do you think he has any kids? or is it just gonna be hush hush like his father until he gets married to one of his cousins?
I havent heard anything like that. Even if it was true, there is no prove to back it up which will end up being speculations which is against the forum rules
Old 10-22-2009, 06:43 PM
Gentry

Quote:

Sheikh Mohamed has two daughetrs named Mariam and two others named Latifa as said dazzling. Latifa2 and Mariam2 are daughters of his official wife Sheikha Hind, Mariam1's mother is a moroccan lady as far as I know and finally Latifa1 is the full sister of Sheikh Mayed, Maitha and Shamsa and their mother is moroccan too.
Old 10-26-2009, 11:54 PM
Nobility

do you guys think princess haya will have anymore kids, i mean considering Sheikha Hind with this many years into her marriage already had so many.
Old 11-11-2009, 01:55 AM
Nobility

how come sheikh mo's younger daughter r getting married so young, while his daughter sheikha hessa (first child I believe) married so late? And how come sheikha married before mariyam, just curious?
Old 11-11-2009, 03:13 AM
Super Moderator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger

Quote:
how come sheikh mo's younger daughter r getting married so young, while his daughter sheikha hessa (first child I believe) married so late? And how come sheikha married before mariyam, just curious?
because nobody proppsed earlier to Hessa.
I think all over the world that the younger can/does marry before the older sister, and again its because Sheikha was engaged and they planned to marry where Maryam is not engaged.
Old 11-11-2009, 07:47 PM
Nobility

Quote:
do you guys think princess haya will have anymore kids, i mean considering Sheikha Hind with this many years into her marriage already had so many.
I sincerely would like to see Princess Haya with one more child, a boy or another girl
Old 12-06-2009, 06:35 PM
Nobility

any news bout sheikh rashid?
where is the guy lately...i wanna see his cute pics...latest pics...
Old 12-06-2009, 08:11 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
any news bout sheikh rashid?
where is the guy lately...i wanna see his cute pics...latest pics...
Haha Rashid is incognito for random personal reasons. All he does is be his own person... I think even Yousif Al Mulla is tired of taking pictures of him playing football... (Soccer in America lol).
Old 12-06-2009, 10:10 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by princessofuae View Post
Haha Rashid is incognito for random personal reasons. All he does is be his own person... I think even Yousif Al Mulla is tired of taking pictures of him playing football... (Soccer in America lol).
i totally understand wut ur sayin...almost wanna be like 'do u not have a life beside soccer?'
i swear if you opened up that guys head and took everything apart, at the very end u'd find a picture of a soccer ball or a horse
but then again...one look at the face...n everything else jus happens to slide by

Tags
al maktoum, dubai, sheikh, sheikha