General Questions About The Ruling Family Of Dubai

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
U mean Mo's brother Ahmed don't you, from the airline company? I also saw it on Twitter, but it all seemed weird and not very likely. Ahmed married last year with a cousin, but around the same time there was also rumour he had a son. From another wife, his longtime girlfriend. I don't know if i understood it right but anyway, he is not a free man. And that woman on Twitter.... Just a hysteric nut.

Ahmed who is head of Emirates airlines is what I think you are reffering to correct?
Well, that Ahmed is Ahmed bin Saeed, he is Sheikh Mohammed bin Rasheds uncle.
Sheikh Mohammeds father and Sheikh Ahmed are brothers with different mothers.

again jus curious...
how come the latifa1 and mariam 1 are never mentioned in the forum's list of sheikh mo's kids....is their existence not confirmed (sry don't mean to sound so blunt)

I indeed meant Ahmed, head of Emirates Airlines but i got the the family connections wrong.Thanks for clarifying :flowers:

Last edited by a moderator:
How do you keep all the family members straight? So many names that are the same. I've always studyed history & keeping track of the living is a little daunting.

How do you keep all the family members straight? So many names that are the same. I've always studyed history & keeping track of the living is a little daunting.

Usually the Bin/Bint so and so clears things up.

yes, when you learn just a little bit of Arabic it`s much,much easier:)
and you find out just how many words are lent from the Arabic language and how they use Latin words in Arabic too-it`s very interesting.

Just for starting: BIN means something like "son of"- just like Sheikh Hamdan bin Mohammed and then there comes "Al...."- so that shows the connections and family ties and tribe/clan you belong to-
e.g. Queen Rania "Al Abdulla" -it shows that now she "belongs" (sorry, couldn`t find a more suitable word) to Abdullah and the Hshemite family.
Or also Sheikha Maitha bint Mohammed al Maktoum- which means that she is part of the Al Maktoum family:)

(Bin=son/man Bint=daugther/woman!)

I hope I got it right, I am just learnig by putting some puzzles of information together as I don`t have enough time to learn Arabic properly and most Arabs talk to me English anyway:)

anyone have any news on sheikha latifa and her baby boy?
how is she and the baby n wut did they decide to name the baby?

really? i swear I read somewhere that she had a baby boy????????

really? i swear I read somewhere that she had a baby boy????????

I read that as well but when I asked a few sources they said she was due in Jan unless there was a missunderstanding.

I read that as well but when I asked a few sources they said she was due in Jan unless there was a missunderstanding.

Yep, She is actually due in January. Many people and news said that she already had her baby, but again I wasn't going to post it saying that she was due in Jan unless anyone asked, because of privacy issues. As of now she she is having a boy, January will tell.

Does hamdan have a facebook account? if he does could someone provide me with the link? thanks alot :)

Where is she father? How old? Why hamdan married with she,she is from al maktoum girls beautifull

No, the future Hamdan's wife will be sheika Sheika bin Saeed bin Thani al Maktoum. Why? Family costumes. (Hamdan is engaged now) :flowers:

The girl Moza is another relative/cousin.

You will find hundreds of big Sheikhs from all the Gulf without even looking for them if you know the faces...
Thanks,this is very good news,I am often in London!
Are they also frequenting Fortnum and Masons?Thats my favourite place for shopping:)
(It is also owned by the same group like Selfridges and Harrods)

wht language do ppl of UAE speak?
n in wut language does Princess Haya communicate wit her husband's family n the locals?
*sry if this sounds like stupid question, but i was curious
i mean is there a single language that muslims from that region use to communicate

Arabic. All families in the UAE/Gulf region communicate in Arabic.
English is the second language, taught at schools and universities.

P.Haya speaks Arabic with family and on events in the UAE, heard her on the news.

hi am new to this forum just want to know whose who as i am always in dubai and am not sure who royality is tere

Helo, I am Zusan from Indonesia, and I really proud abt Dubai Royal Family manner, behavior and loyality..what a beautiful country if only that Indonesian have the same type persona of the government leader.. I want to ask just a silly question abt Bank Alfalah, whom the chairman is HE Sheikh Hamdan bin Mubarak Al Nahyan ( public work minister as I know)..has he a children named Sheikh Tahir Hamdan? or maybe is there any member of dubai royal family named Sheikh Tahir Hamdan? thanks for answer this inquiry...

Hey what abt the Sheikhas.. do they need to marry only Sheikhs or can they marry any other respectable guy?

Hey what abt the Sheikhas.. do they need to marry only Sheikhs or can they marry any other respectable guy?

So far only Sheikhs.
They can and tend to marry Sheikhs from other ruiling families.

why do all the girls have the same hairstyle with the bangs?
especially when they are little (not jus mo's girls but other girls in general too)
jus curious...cuz sheikha shammna is the only one w/o the bangs....

I dont think there is any reason behind it, its just a stye how maybe their parents like it.

Yes, but she has to be a muslim or convert to islam.

I don't think you'll be able to answer this but does that mean that sheikha christina's mom most likely coverted...assuming she's not a Muslim to begin with...
but what about a wife that isn't even publicly recognized or acknowledged by the sheikh? for example sheikha maitha's mom...i mean sources say she's married to sheikh mo but he himself hasn't publicly acknowledged that...to date he's only married to sheikha hind (his senior wife) and princess haya (his junior wife)
...so in this case would the woman still have to convert.
*i doubt their "temporary" wives do....

Sure a sheikh can marry a non muslim lady.... Maitha's mother is already msulim but she is not an official wife of MO like Sheikha Hind or P Haya and that's the only difference. The sheikhs are polygamous, not easy to have 4 official wives loool !!
But I think the question was abt an official wife who is not muslim, it could be since the religion & the culture in these countries have nothing against this BUT I've never seen that in the gulf countries...actually almost all the official wives of gulf emirs are always cousins or at least from the same country !! :flowers:

hi! i asked this question on some other forums but i didnt get answer.. who is Sheika Cristiana? Thank u..

Apparently she's Shiekh Mohammad's daughter , She participated in the race that Shiekha Futaim won , She also celebrated her Bday with her mother and Shiekh Mohammad at that event , there are pictures of her and shiekh mo and her brothers and sister in the picture thread . Oh and her mother is from Greece , That explains the name Christiana.

hi! i asked this question on some other forums but i didnt get answer.. who is Sheika Cristiana? Thank u..
She's Mo's daughter but i don't think that christiana is considered a "sheikha" b/c i think if she was considered a sheikha like the rest of the girls i think we would've known about her existence from long ago..This girl just appeared in public like a month ago..As far as i know i've never heard people speaking of her before like they talk about the other kids...I can't really see her marrying into royalty either since she isn't a "full" royal neither a full emarati... But then again thats just my pov. Nothing against her i actually think she's pretty!:flowers:

Back
Top Bottom