General Questions About The Ruling Family Of Dubai

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Hi warren

Hello Warren,

I see that you are the Administrator of this site.

I was writing to introduce myself and say hello. I am going to be visiting Dubai for the first time in January and wanted to get some recommendations about which places will be good to visit (e.g., restaurants, shopping, etc.)

I have a tour guidebook but there is nothing like getting information from a person that actually lives in Dubai.

Any recommendations will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Hello sanward, welcome to the Forums. :flowers:
I am one of the administrators of the site, and sorry, but I don't live in Dubai.
You may have better luck posting your question in the Travel Forum Dubai thread.

Ahmed bin Saeed al Maktoum`s wife ist Shaikha Mona bint Obaid bin Thani al Maktoum.How old is Mona?

Ahmed bin Saeed al Maktoum`s wife ist Shaikha Mona bint Obaid bin Thani al Maktoum.How old is Mona?

Early 40's. Sheikh Ahmed was once engaged to her when she was in her 20's and then broke it off (dont know who did and why).

ohh ok Thanks. She have children ,with Ahmed or with husband nr.1?

i want to ask a silly question....
1)do they know hindi.???

2)do the royal family watches bollywood movies?iam asking this because before 2004 the dubai govt had a channel called CHANNEL 33.it used to show indian movies.so i assume they themselves saw the movies and showed on their channel...sometimes even dubai one tv shows movies...

I have read somewhere that sheikh mo has I think two daughters named latifa and three named mariam but all with different wives. Is that true? Does he really have that many latifas and mariams?

Just a quick question, do you guys think Sheikh Rashid will ever take a serious role in government like his brothers in the near future? I know he's involved in sports and the Olympic committee, but nothing of the sort that amounts to his brothers' positions.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have read somewhere that sheikh mo has I think two daughters named latifa and three named mariam but all with different wives. Is that true? Does he really have that many latifas and mariams?

Here you can find some information about the children of Sheikh Mohammed.

I've never heard anything about Sheikh Rashids future plans, maybe someone else knows more about that and can give you a better answer.

Just a quick question, do you guys think Sheikh Rashid will ever take a serious role in government like his brothers in the near future? I know he's involved in sports and the Olympic committee, but nothing of the sort that amounts to his brothers' positions.

Sheikh Mohammed has 2 Mariams and 2 Latifas.
A Mariam and a Latifa from Sheikha Hind and a Mariam who is from a Lebenese lady (some say she is Sheikha Manal's sister but nothing really ever confirmed that). I dont know from which mother the other Latifa is from but she is older than Sheikha Hinds daughter.

About Rashed, I personally dont see him taking up any govt position and nothing high like his brother. I think the next positions will be among the younger brothers. Sheikh rashed is hardly seen at events, meetings and official stuff.

ohh ok Thanks. She have children ,with Ahmed or with husband nr.1?

She never married, Sheikh Ahmed is her first husband and no children from him yet.

i want to ask a silly question....
1)do they know hindi.???

2)do the royal family watches bollywood movies?iam asking this because before 2004 the dubai govt had a channel called CHANNEL 33.it used to show indian movies.so i assume they themselves saw the movies and showed on their channel...sometimes even dubai one tv shows movies...

1. Im not a 100% sure but I would assume they knew abit if not fluent. Back in the days, all nannies, drivers (till now) workers were Indians. That generation did know the language. It was like English these days.

2. I dont know but all local channels in the UAE did play bollywood movies once a week.

Last edited:
dazzling said:
1. Im not a 100% sure but I would assume they knew abit if not fluent. Back in the days, all nannies, drivers (till now) workers were Indians. That generation did know the language. It was like English these days.

2. I dont know but all local channels in the UAE did play bollywood movies once a week.

thanks for replying to a stupid question lol.

i read in an earlier post that sheikh rashid has a long term relationship with a non emirati, is that true, how come you never here about it? do you think he has any kids? or is it just gonna be hush hush like his father until he gets married to one of his cousins?

i read in an earlier post that sheikh rashid has a long term relationship with a non emirati, is that true, how come you never here about it? do you think he has any kids? or is it just gonna be hush hush like his father until he gets married to one of his cousins?

I havent heard anything like that. Even if it was true, there is no prove to back it up which will end up being speculations which is against the forum rules :)

Sheikh Mohamed has two daughetrs named Mariam and two others named Latifa as said dazzling. Latifa2 and Mariam2 are daughters of his official wife Sheikha Hind, Mariam1's mother is a moroccan lady as far as I know and finally Latifa1 is the full sister of Sheikh Mayed, Maitha and Shamsa and their mother is moroccan too. :flowers::flowers:

do you guys think princess haya will have anymore kids, i mean considering Sheikha Hind with this many years into her marriage already had so many.

how come sheikh mo's younger daughter r getting married so young, while his daughter sheikha hessa (first child I believe) married so late? And how come sheikha married before mariyam, just curious?

how come sheikh mo's younger daughter r getting married so young, while his daughter sheikha hessa (first child I believe) married so late? And how come sheikha married before mariyam, just curious?

because nobody proppsed earlier to Hessa.
I think all over the world that the younger can/does marry before the older sister, and again its because Sheikha was engaged and they planned to marry where Maryam is not engaged.

do you guys think princess haya will have anymore kids, i mean considering Sheikha Hind with this many years into her marriage already had so many.

I sincerely would like to see Princess Haya with one more child, a boy or another girl:)

any news bout sheikh rashid?
where is the guy lately...i wanna see his cute pics...latest pics...

any news bout sheikh rashid?
where is the guy lately...i wanna see his cute pics...latest pics...

Haha Rashid is incognito for random personal reasons. All he does is be his own person... I think even Yousif Al Mulla is tired of taking pictures of him playing football... (Soccer in America lol). :)

Haha Rashid is incognito for random personal reasons. All he does is be his own person... I think even Yousif Al Mulla is tired of taking pictures of him playing football... (Soccer in America lol). :)

i totally understand wut ur sayin...almost wanna be like 'do u not have a life beside soccer?':lol::lol:
i swear if you opened up that guys head and took everything apart, at the very end u'd find a picture of a soccer ball or a horse:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
but then again...one look at the face...n everything else jus happens to slide by:wub:

rashid is totally passion in football and horse races....but how come a person live just football and horse race?? i really didnt get it, coz i have to work everyday to support my life...^^ but again, really wish to see rashid in the public again.....

i am still in shock that mo's children fly commercial.
why? I think that`s good,why should they be treated special?:ermm:
first they have to earn their OWN money,then they can fly first class and buy as many Aston Martins,Maseratis and Lamborghinis as they want.

But that`s my opinion, I think it`s good if they are treated like normal people so they don`t become arrogant and bitchy.

maybe she doesn`t want to???
well,this would be good,because I think marriage and childbirth really damages a womens career-so she is ambitious and gets her will:flowers:

I don`t think that nobody proposed to her!!!!
even if she looked like an elephant,many men would be still hot for her money and connections:)
family ties are very very very important in the UAE!

I`m agree with you. In the uae marriage seems to based more in family values, connections than physsical appearance or "love".

they earn their own money? u mean they actually have jobs?

why? I think that`s good,why should they be treated special?:ermm:
first they have to earn their OWN money,then they can fly first class and buy as many Aston Martins,Maseratis and Lamborghinis as they want.

But that`s my opinion, I think it`s good if they are treated like normal people so they don`t become arrogant and bitchy.

They dont have to be treated special, they do travel by private planes sometimes, there have been pictures of them on their planes.

Many of Sheikh Mohammeds children dont have jobs yet they still spend crazy amounts therefore they are using their fathers money which is very normal in the Gulf for children to use especially if the fathers dont mind.

I know a few people who like the luxury life, travel by private planes, spend a fortune during summer but arent arrogant nor treat people that they are better. I think it has to do with your upbringing IMO.

I know that Sheikh Mohammed Bin Rashid has a genuine facebook one, as for the rest I am not sure.

This happens everywhere not just in the Gulf, rich kids, spend their parents money, until they reach an age where they earn their own, or they continue spending the family money. Also arrogant or humble, losers or achievers is a part of every family in the world not just royalty.

I have been looking for info on Ahmed. When they get engaged do they post an announcement is it kept private, ? I'm asking because some woman on twitter is claiming to be engaged to Ahmed , & that he is going to adopt her son.

U mean Mo's brother Ahmed don't you, from the airline company? I also saw it on Twitter, but it all seemed weird and not very likely. Ahmed married last year with a cousin, but around the same time there was also rumour he had a son. From another wife, his longtime girlfriend. I don't know if i understood it right but anyway, he is not a free man. And that woman on Twitter.... Just a hysteric nut.

Thanks for your reply. Thats what I thought that she wasnt quite right, but then she said she had met him through someone on this forum. Do they have more than 2 wives?

Back
Top Bottom