The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 02-20-2008, 09:06 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by lindsey alana View Post
do sheikh mohammed wifes live in the same palace and also do hind kids live with other kids of sheikh mohammed
no, only sheika Hind lives in Zabeel palace with sheikh Mohammed and THEIR kids. The other wives live somewhere else. I think princess Haya lives in a villa in Dubai, but i'm not sure
hope it helps

Old 02-20-2008, 06:29 PM

yes thank you candygirl i ahve another question dose sheikha manal live in dubai

Old 02-20-2008, 06:29 PM
Gentry

well as the information i kno..but i dont know if its true..
SH/Hind ans SH/Mohammed and all the children live in the zabeel palace including majid,maitha,mansour and the rest=)

well haya has her own villa
Old 02-21-2008, 04:57 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by lindsey alana View Post
yes thank you candygirl i ahve another question dose sheikha manal live in dubai
again, i'm not sure so forgive me if i'm wrong
i think i read somewhere (i don't remember where ) that sheika Manal lives in Abu Dhabi.
Old 02-21-2008, 11:38 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by candygirl_68 View Post
again, i'm not sure so forgive me if i'm wrong
i think i read somewhere (i don't remember where ) that sheika Manal lives in Abu Dhabi.
Yes,Sheikha Manal lives in Abu Dhabi with her husband Sheikh Mansour!
Old 02-28-2008, 09:17 PM
Aristocracy

I have some questions concerning a family member of the Al-Maktoum’s.

How well does the elder Uncle Sheikh Ahmed bin Saeed Maktoum get along with the other Maktoum family members? Is he considered a favorite and respected uncle? Was he appointed the position of Chairman/CEO/President of Emirates airline group? Is this considered a lifetime job since he has no position in government? Does he have any other siblings living and is his mother also a distant relative? Last question, does he share the Maktoum family wealth or he has his own money?

Thanks to anyone who can assist with the answers to my questions.
Old 02-29-2008, 05:02 AM
Aristocracy

i read somewhere, but can't remember where, sorry
that sheikh Ahmed bin Saeed Al-Maktoum is chairman of Emirates airline group.
for the next questions, i'm not sure, so forgive me if i'm wrong :
i think being chairman is a lifetime job for him (that he does very well!).
i don't know about living siblings, so i think there are, but i don't know who or where.
i think he also have his own money, he wins enough .
Old 02-29-2008, 03:34 PM
Super Moderator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger
Picture of the Month Assistant Coordinator

He is chairman of Emirates airlines since 1985 & Vice President of of chelsea football club. He is seen with Sheikh Mohammed bin Rashid (ruler of Dubai) at almost all meetings, visits & abroad visits (State/official).
Old 05-28-2008, 11:00 AM

Does anyone know more about the adopted daughter of the ruling president of Dubai? I believe, I read that it was the president who had an adopted daughter.
Old 05-28-2008, 12:34 PM
Administrator

There is no 'ruling president' of Dubai. Dubai is an Emirate ruled by Sheikh Mohammed of the Al Maktoum dynasty. He is also Vice President of the United Arab Emirates.
Old 06-08-2008, 11:42 AM
Gentry

Is it true that the non-Hind's children (Majid and his siblings) live in the Zabeel Palace too? What about their mother? Does she live alone somewhere else?
Old 06-09-2008, 01:09 PM
Gentry

well all sh.mohammeds children live in the za'abeel palace!
Old 06-09-2008, 04:14 PM
Aristocracy

What means to be deputy ruler exactly, and which is the difference in spite of being the crown prince?
Old 06-10-2008, 12:13 AM
Commoner

So did all the non-Hind kids grow up without their mothers then?!

Because there was a story (I think it was the story about the runaway Sheika, Shamsa from the Daily Mail) I read where Shamsa and Maitha and "two younger children" (whom I took to be Majed and Mansour) all lived in a house seperate from the main house and the rest of the children. Sad, if true.

It makes me sad to think that they didn't have their mothers...
Old 06-10-2008, 08:43 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlova View Post
What means to be deputy ruler exactly, and which is the difference in spite of being the crown prince?
Sheikh Mohammed of Dubai is the Vice President and Prime Minister of the United Arab Emirates which is the federal state encompassing the seven Emirates. He is at the same time the Ruler (Emir) of Dubai and his son Sheikh Hamdan was named Crown Prince of Dubai earlier this year. The Crown Prince has the same role as any other Crown Prince in that he is the designated heir and successor of the Ruler.

The current President of the United Arab Emirates is the Ruler (Emir) of Abu Dhabi.
Old 06-10-2008, 08:26 PM
Aristocracy

thanks for answering my question!! but im a littell confuse because i read some news anouncing that sheik hamdan was name crown prince and his brother was name deputy ruler. did i get the news wrong?? im gonna search it again (if only remenber where)thanks anyway!!!!!
Old 06-13-2008, 11:17 AM
Commoner

hi sorry i have a question...who know if sheikh Hamdan bin Mohammad went to the university??thank you
Old 06-13-2008, 12:14 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by leila_23 View Post
hi sorry i have a question...who know if sheikh Hamdan bin Mohammad went to the university??thank you
He didn't go to university. He went Sandhurst but, he has just been there , he didn't take any degree.
Old 06-15-2008, 03:37 AM
Administrator

Deputy Rulers of Dubai

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlova View Post
I'm a littell confuse because i read some news anouncing that sheik hamdan was name crown prince and his brother was name deputy ruler. did i get the news wrong??
I don't know how many 'Deputy Rulers' Dubai has (for example, Sharjah has three) but Sheikh Mohammed's son Maktoum is a Deputy Ruler as is Sheikh Mohammed's brother Hamdam bin Rashid.
From WAM 14 June 2008 in a story about the guests at the lunch following the wedding of Sheikh Ahmed bin Saeed Al Maktoum:

Others include Abu Dhabi Crown Prince and Deputy Supreme Commander of the UAE Armed Forces, H.H. General Sheikh Mohammed bin Zayed Al Nahyan, Dubai Crown Prince, H.H. Sheikh Hamdan bin Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum, Dubai Deputy Ruler, H.H. Sheikh Maktoum bin Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum

From Gulfnews 15 June 2008:
Shaikh Hamdan Bin Rashid Al Maktoum, Dubai Deputy Ruler and Minister of Finance.
Old 07-18-2008, 04:17 PM
Gentry

I've seen Sheikha Futaim on Gulf News and an endurance riding website and Sheikha Fatima on here, so are there two daughters of Sheikh M with similar names?

Tags
al maktoum, dubai, sheikh, sheikha