General Questions About The Ruling Family Of Dubai

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
His sister is whom? Who is that al maktoum husband. I know ahmed al thani had several children. But heard maryam bint rashid just had one son. Thanks in advance ladyda.

Peterson in his book Rulers, Merchants and Shaikhs
in Gulf Politics: The Function of Family Networks
only wrote that after his father was deposed in 1972 coup, one of his sisters sebsequently married an al-Maktum. Peterson didn't specify or disclose who was the one that got married and who is her husband. It's either his half or full siblings, after all Arab community rarely mentioned their women. This is probably the case here, or maybe I'm missing something, when reading the book chapters :lol:

Who are maryam_saeed khalifa & shefa saeed khalifa? Are they from al khalifa? Whats the relation between hind daughters & shefa, maryam? An image of their childhood circulated in ig. Also who is _SM? Anyone know? Thanks in advance.

Last edited:
Who are maryam_saeed khalifa & shefa saeed khalifa? Are they from al khalifa? Whats the relation between hind daughters & shefa, maryam? An image of their childhood circulated in ig. Also who is _SM? Anyone know? Thanks in advance.

No, they are not from Al Khalifas. They are childhood friends of Sheikha Shaikha bint Mohammad, Maryam bint Mohammad (II), and Sheikha Futaim bint Mohammad. Shefa Saeed Khalifa lives with Shaikha bint Mohammad in Bahrain.

So, shefa is with shaikha. Is she nanny of shaikha's children? I found _SM with maryam, that means she lives with maryam.

So, shefa is with shaikha. Is she nanny of shaikha's children? I found _SM with maryam, that means she lives with maryam.

Not a nanny more like a friend from childhood who is giving her company in Bahrain so she doesn't feel alone. SM lives in Dubai and studied medicine. She doesn't live with Maryam as she lives in Dubai too.

Does anyone have any idea who got married yesterday?? Like neither the bride nor the groom were tagged.

Seems like an interesting book about the gulf region, do you recommend reading it ?

Seems like an interesting book about the gulf region, do you recommend reading it ?

I'm not fancy fan of history actually, so this book chapters didn't interest me that much :lol: I got bored by just reading 1 or 2 paragraph haha, I guess this book is not for me then, some peoples might love it tho. But, is it a good book? I will say yes, this book offers knowledge about history, I think the main topic range between "ruler", "merchants" and "sheikhs"

I'm not fancy fan of history actually, so this book chapters didn't interest me that much :lol: I got bored by just reading 1 or 2 paragraph haha, I guess this book is not for me then, some peoples might love it tho. But, is it a good book? I will say yes, this book offers knowledge about history, I think the main topic range between "ruler", "merchants" and "sheikhs"

Thank you so much for your response, I'm a history nerd so definitely gonna check it out

Does anyone have any idea who got married yesterday?? Like neither the bride nor the groom were tagged.

They didn't mention that it was a wedding just a gala dinner night so it could be anything a birthday party, a baby shower, or anything else.

Who is the wife of hamdan bin maktoum? I mean bouchra's 2nd son.

Sheikh Zayed bin Maktoum and his wife maryam el rand bint faisal al qassimi welcomed their first child a boy named Khalifa bin Zayed Al Maktoum. Congratulations to them.
Edit: it was a baby shower.

Last edited:
Maktoum bin Majid:
Father : Majid bin Obaid bin Juma
Mother: Maryam bint Ahmed bin Juma

Hissa bint Hamdan:
Father: Hamdan bin Rashid bin Saeed
Mother: Roudha bint Ahmed bin Juma

So, they are first cousin through their mothers. Sheikha Maryam is the eldest daughter of Late Sheikh Ahmed Al Maktoum.

Does anyone know how old is sh. Hissa bint Hamdan bin Rashid bin Saeed Maktoum is? The one who said to be engaged/married to sh. Maktoum bin Majid. I thought she was married before, turn out I was wrong. Serious question is there any royal Emirati women who remarried? There is probability they did, but who exactly

Thanks in advance :flowers:

Does anyone know how old is sh. Hissa bint Hamdan bin Rashid bin Saeed Maktoum is?

Nevermind, she was born in 28/11, 27 years ago. According to an Al-Maktoum's fans account.

Does anyone know how old is sh. Hissa bint Hamdan bin Rashid bin Saeed Maktoum is? The one who said to be engaged/married to sh. Maktoum bin Majid. I thought she was married before.
Serious question is there any royal Emirati women who remarried?
Hissa was born in November, 1995. Its confirmed.
There is no news of her engagement before. I didn't find that. She just got engaged, there is no announcement of wedding ceremony.
Its unknown which royal woman of uae remarried, thats kept secret and not announced publicly. Now, they dont announce bride's name if she doesn't come from a ruling/reputed family.

Last edited:
Hissa was born in November, 1995. Its confirmed.
There is no news of her engagement before. I didn't find that. She just got engaged, there is no announcement of wedding ceremony.
Thank you Puchu. I probably confused her with someone else who looks like her, but slightly a bit older and someone mentioned/tag her daughter, so I thought it was sh. Hissa at first.

Anyway do you know why some of Arab peoples combined sentences with number as substitute in it? Like "ra7mt, Ae5eran, yn3ad" etc. what is that number supposed to mean? I'm confused ��

Last edited:
Anyway do you know why some of Arab peoples combined sentences with number as substitute in it? Like "ra7mt, Ae5eran, yn3ad" etc. what is that number supposed to mean? I'm confused ��

The numbers replace Arabic letters that are not found in latin based letters. It refers to the Arabic chat alphabet predominantly used by young Arabs when communicating digitally. It is a product of the globalization of English-based technology, which made many people reliant on the Latin alphabet to communicate.

7 = ح (Haa) Notice how the actual letter kind of looks like the number 7. ...
3 = ع ('ayn) Do you see how the ع ('ayn) looks like a backwards number 3? ...
9 = ص (Saad) ...
5 = خ (khaa) ...
6 = ط (Taa) ...
8 = ق (qaaf) ...
2 = أ & ء (aalif & hamza)

Last edited:
The numbers replace Arabic letters that are not found in latin based letters. It refers to the Arabic chat alphabet predominantly used by young Arabs when communicating digitally. It is a product of the globalization of English-based technology, which made many people reliant on the Latin alphabet to communicate.

7 = ح (Haa) Notice how the actual letter kind of looks like the number 7. ...
3 = ع ('ayn) Do you see how the ع ('ayn) looks like a backwards number 3? ...
9 = ص (Saad) ...
5 = خ (khaa) ...
6 = ط (Taa) ...
8 = ق (qaaf) ...
2 = أ & ء (aalif & hamza)

Oo so that's how it is, I see now. No wonder I have trouble to understanding the meaning behind it, I thought the "7" equal to "r" in Latin LOL. Kind of remind me with one trend in my home country that are usually used by youngsters. Some peoples called it bahasa gaul/slang, while some other peoples called it bahasa alay/tacky language :lol: thank you anyway

Thats great, Imanmajed! I didn't know that as i dont speak arabic. Thanks for your explaination.

Thank you Puchu. I probably confused her with someone else who looks like her, but slightly a bit older and someone mentioned/tag her daughter, so I thought it was sh. Hissa at first.
May be you confused hissa_hamdan with Hassa bint Butti/ Hassa bint Maktoum (hind's sis). Hassa Butti was born in December, 1995. And, hassa maktoum: November, 1952.
Hissa hamdan & hassa maktoum share same birth month. May be it was she

Do you know anything about Sheikha Noura bint Mohammed bin Suhail Al Maktoum who is married to Sheikh Saif bin Rashid bin Ahmed Al Mualla? Who are her parents and how is she related to Sheikh Mohammed bin Rashid?

Do you know anything about Sheikha Noura bint Mohammed bin Suhail Al Maktoum who is married to Sheikh Saif bin Rashid bin Ahmed Al Mualla? Who are her parents and how is she related to Sheikh Mohammed bin Rashid?

Can you give me their ig links or news source?
She is a member of Al Maktoum family, not closely related to Mohammed bin rashid, her father could be a distant cousin of him. She is from any of ex-ruler Rashids' line who ruled during 1886-1994/ 1906-1912.

Pipols, I really should get a life. But, I've been wondering how old is sh. Latifa Maktoum, an international show jumper is? And is she married or engaged rn? And I've been wondering too, does Arab in general like to name their children with their ancestor's name, or is this tradition only exist in arab royalty?

..... And I've been wondering too, does Arab in general like to name their children with their ancestor's name, or is this tradition only exist in arab royalty?

Your question is already asked and answered in Abu Dhabi thread recently.

Pipols, I really should get a life. But, I've been wondering how old is sh. Latifa Maktoum, an international show jumper is? And is she married or engaged rn? And I've been wondering too, does Arab in general like to name their children with their ancestor's name, or is this tradition only exist in arab royalty?

Till I know, she's neither married nor engaged.

I have a question who is maryam.mkm1? She got engaged today but do you know who is the groom?

I have a question who is maryam.mkm1? She got engaged today but do you know who is the groom?

Sheikha Maryam bint Mana bin Khalifa bin Saeed Al Maktoum. The groom name is Mohammed bin Obaid Al Dhaheri

Oh she’s not marrying any sheikh! ? pleasently surprised more sheikhas marry ordinary people. Will she remain a sheikha after her wedding and will her children be called sheikhs/sheikhas as well?

Oh she’s not marrying any sheikh! ? pleasently surprised more sheikhas marry ordinary people. Will she remain a sheikha after her wedding and will her children be called sheikhs/sheikhas as well?
No her children will not called Sheikh/Sheikhas

Back
Top Bottom